According to Making Star Wars...

>According to Making Star Wars, the Sith Troopers are said to be "hidden away inside a massive fleet" that's in the Unknown Regions of the galaxy. Another fascinating detail is that this fleet allegedly has Star Destroyers featuring Death Star-esque "planet destroying weapons." Kylo Ren has to find something called the Wayfinder device in order to, well, find this mysterious fleet and "unlock Palpatine's legacy."

>more planet destroying weapons

Attached: Emperor-Palpatine-and-Star-Wars-Sith-Trooper.jpg (675x338, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mount_Tantiss
youtube.com/watch?v=AK4sZzoycOc
imsdb.com/scripts/Star-Wars-A-New-Hope.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6p4T7_XI7WM
medium.com/@gabrielshathaway_62247/battlefront-2-dead-on-arrival-eb090d61c6bb
battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/130620/it-seems-like-battlefront-2-is-dead
reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/9zbu48/how_dead_is_ea_star_wars_battlefront_2_on_pc/
youtube.com/watch?v=aPir_4fbAdo
youtube.com/watch?v=S1Cxfj8OkJU
youtube.com/watch?v=lWyzUIYUMUg
youtube.com/watch?v=rCDcO_KeRVo
alj.artrepreneur.com/mickey-mouse-keeps-changing-copyright-law/
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/01/a-whole-years-worth-of-works-just-fell-into-the-public-domain/
youtube.com/watch?v=_Hvc1Ae-YCU
youtu.be/9GT-7an_0jM?t=93
youtube.com/watch?v=NuNvCOUy1Ts
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/05/star-wars-cover-story
youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>""""fascinating""""

>le OC secret same exact shit you saw in half the movies
Fascinating.

>Star Destroyers featuring Death Star-esque "planet destroying weapons."
I'm guessing they're utilizing this unused concept art for The Force Awakens. The red design would definitely fit with the Sith Troopers.

Attached: TFA_unused_star_destroyer_concept.jpg (1490x804, 191K)

>going back to what they should have started with

Do they know they fucked the trilogy at this point?

>planet destroying weapons
Don’t they already have those? Just lightspeed into anything and it’s destroyed

>Sith Troopers are said to be "hidden away inside a massive fleet"
WOW props to Sheev for guessing what the NuTroopers would look like 30 years after his death

>you know, fuck it
They're going for a hail mary, it's all they got left

There's even the depression where the Death Star is supposed to shoot its laser.

>According to Making Star Wars, the Sith Troopers are said to be "hidden away inside a massive fleet" that's in the Unknown Regions of the galaxy.
So, the Unknown Regions are now the "designated villain factory" for all the evil in nu-Wars, yes?
They're essentially "Death Star Destroyers." How original.

So sounds like part of the plot of the thrawn trillogy.

>So, the Unknown Regions are now the "designated villain factory" for all the evil in nu-Wars, yes?
No, it's just the ass-pull zone.

i love and by love i mean hate how th unknown regions become the mcguffin for the nu wars writing staff to pull anything and everything out of their ass from. its "unknown"! that means it can have ANYTHING right??!?! who cares if it completely makes the plot of the last half dozen movies irrelevant and nonsensical!! the unknown regions were SUPPOSE to be unknown because they were inhabitated by dangers even the republic/empire couldn't handle, not full of imperial fleets with even more powerful super weapons just waiting to replace the last fleet/super weapon destroyed by the separatists or rebels.........

Honestly this wayfinder shit I believe.
In the last EAfront the level with Luke has him take a compass from Sheev's vault. It's seen in his hut in the last movie.

Attached: 4L_wxJwb7Tp.jpg (4000x2086, 1M)

So star forge?

so now disney is stealing from their own IPs? lol

Attached: compass.jpg (570x320, 25K)

This. JJ actually said "Fuck it" in an interview. He essentially admitted that he's winging it for the whole movie, knowing that TLJ screwed over whatever his initial plans were, which is why he wants to wash his hands of this trilogy ASAP and move on to the DCEU with that Warner Bros. contract he signed up for. This whole trilogy will be quickly swept under the rug as Disney preps up hyping the next one in a few years.

Attached: 518df710f057b47b8cbc4264a8d55213b8aa09b7_hq.jpg (1024x576, 40K)

>So star forge?
nope, they wont be that blatant and use something from the established EU canon, they will bastardize whatever they steal so they can claim its nu and totally original, and better! THE DARK FORGE!

Attached: starforge.jpg (1200x600, 635K)

sheeve's vault is more of an EUwars concept

Nice to see they're keeping some EU things around.

Man, how do you think Johnson, and kennedy feel knowing that they alone are responsible for suicide a franchise that literally could print money so long as they stuck to the basic bitch formula.

Like what? The general shittiness of it? Yeah, I guess.

Brian Johnson is incapable of self-critique, or even self-awareness, so nothing.
Kathlyn Kennedy is a used up secretary / whore that got landed what could be the easiest job in the world, so nothing also.

Neither of them gives a shit, nobody does, really. If you actually care you should become a terrorist.

Attached: look mom i'm directing.jpg (1843x1080, 234K)

>sheeve's vault is more of an EUwars concept
mount tantiss wasnt an endless stream of ever larger fleets and death stars, it was just a storage facility on a mountain on some backwater planet with a database and some small prototypes.

starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mount_Tantiss

what disney is doing is beyond retarded. if palpatine has whole secret fleets and construction facilities, he would have been using them.

Attached: Mount_Tantiss_layout.png (800x1008, 242K)

With all the shit that existed in the EU, everything nu wars has been on the same shitty side. I would have rather delt with the luke and emperor clones than the garbage we got from Nu wars.

That reminds me of that mock-up they did of Osama's mountain hideout.

about like the female ghostbusters teams- "we did a great job but the fans are awful and can't accept something great and new. everyone saying it is awful hate women and probably voted for trump. AND DON'T FORGET RUSSIANS"

>this shit was better than this shit
Yeah, whatever retard, go jerk off to characters that only exist in wiki pages.

>the Unknown Region
the very convenient deus ex box for desperate writing

>With all the shit that existed in the EU, everything nu wars has been on the same shitty side.
the EU at least kept continuity over 1000s of years of stories by hundreds of authors. disney nu wars can't even keep continuity between the 9 films.

that will never happen again. it was a one time thing for last jedi that ruins the universe and the future movies will pretend it didnt happen

>Hey kid
>Wanna /SS/?

Attached: Rey Shota.webm (640x640, 1.34M)

DEATH STAR
LOOK AGAIN DEATH STAR
HERES A BIGGER ONE IT SHOOTS THREE LAZERS
LOOK BROKEN DEATHSTAR
U LIKE STAR DESTROYER??? ITS NOW ALSO DEATH STAR

Fuck this souless bug franchise with its lazy 4-5 recycled references.

>Johnson, and kennedy
why are you talking about vietnam era presidents?

Being this upset still does not change the fact taht Nu-wars is hot garbage and will never live up to the EU, and that nu wars will die a forgotten relic of that time Disney bough star wars and never really did anything with it.

Congrats, Nu-wars fans are the kings of a big fat nothing.

Thats what i mean, at least they could keep their shit, even the aweful righting together and still make it kinda work, nu wars just openly embraces mediocrity.

To be fair Lucas broke the continuity with the prequels, nobody knowing about the "Ancient Jedi Order" when they existed a mere 20 odd years ago

>one time thing that ruins the universe and the future movies will pretend it didnt happen
So, like midichlorians?

yep. that what star wars does with its terrible lore, it ignores it when its convenient because all that matters is "current movie"

Are you talking about in the OT were they talk about the jedi being the Ancient order, but then prequels having them be pretty common and the council?

>how do you think Johnson, and kennedy feel
They don't feel anything. They only came for the money and got it. They delight in pissing off the older fans as long as it gets them shekels, morbid thrills, and virtue signaling points in the end. They could care less about how much of the franchise they look off. The same could be said of the MCU post-Phase 3 one day. These Marxists will stop at nothing until the old guard is destroyed and their cultural revisionist goal is fulfilled.

Attached: 1547778526951.jpg (705x540, 79K)

No, I am referring to how Imperial Officers like Tarkin make out like the Jedi religion being a mystery that has been dead for centuries instead of being well known and existing just 20 odd years ago, when people like Tarkin are old enough to know about it

>These Marxists
making movies to sell toys and just make alot of money isnt marxist user, calm down

I could write that off as at the time tarkin was not educated enough to know of them when they were a common thing, and that during order 66 and the founding of the empire, they scrubbed any and all records of them, to effectivly make them seem like they never existed, so that any mention of them were only in really old texts or forgotten works that the empire missed. Because take into account that thats literally what they did, scrub them from the universe.

Think of it like the british noble and elite learning of the savages of Africa during the 1600s, they had no actual interaction with them so they are going off of what they are being told.

>Star Destroyers featuring Death Star-esque "planet destroying weapons."
Isn't that what the Eclipse was?

so they are stealing from dark empire again

>Disney has reached the Sun Crusher in 3 films

Attached: 1557003046735.jpg (211x238, 7K)

>Do they know they fucked the trilogy at this point?
>TLJ and TFA are some of the highest grossing films of all time
>fucked trilogy

What alternative reality do you guys live in?

that's the whole dark empire, palpatine ghost losesong a clone and hiding in the center of the galaxy, the planet byss, building the eclipses and the world devastators and then attack after learning who is really royal to him

That sounds absolutely retarded.

>ove on to the DCEU with that Warner Bros. contract he signed up for.

That's fake, bro.

>Rail roaded the series
>killed the EU
>literally sold based on nistolgia
If you trick a person into eating rotten vegatables and convince them they are eating fresh fruit. It does not mean that people are not eating rotten vegetables it just means you can convince people something is good.

Anyone with half a brain can see nu wars in utter garbage, even the people who liked ep 7 see how trash ep 8 was.

>>Do they know they fucked the trilogy at this point?
>>TLJ and TFA are some of the highest grossing films of all time
>>fucked trilogy
>
>What alternative reality do you guys live in?
the one where each successive disney nu wars film makes less and less money?

>that uss vengeance random hole in the ship

You are crazy if you think this series will have any level of staying power after it’s initial run. People are so burned by last Jedi that I wouldn’t be surprised that IX will do worse in the box office.

This, reminder solo was considered a flop with how little it made over its budget.

Didn't people stop buying merch? As in, the actual money maker?

Except in SW lore Tarkin served in the clone wars and fought with the Jedi, which is logical since a guy his age doesn't become a commanding officer at his age without prior military experience, and given that the clone wars was just 20 years before the OT, he would have served in it

why would they need to hide?

they've literally wiped out the rebellion to a handful of people

>>What alternative reality do you guys live in?
also the reality where toys r us literally went out of business cause no one wanted nu wars toys. and the reality where no nu star wars video games get released except 2 rehashes of battlefront, after having dozens of best sellers, almost one every year. the reality where star wars novels stopped being listed on the new york times best sellers list and star wars merchandise no longer gets made.

>sheev is so desperate he has the Death Star II operational before it's even finished
>lmao he also had like 5 more planet busters but better and a whole army of sith troopers he forgot about

Attached: image.jpg (720x588, 31K)

Imagine becoming a concept artist because of how deeply you loved the creativity of both the original and prequel trilogies, getting hired by Disney for your dream job, spending weeks of time creating new designs for the new trilogy, and then being told “no just make it the same but red” or “sorry that Alien is too colorful and weird looking” or “sorry those aren’t recognizable as a star destroyer or ATAT”

Attached: C6CEB8D7-5C3B-4A19-A253-22A42BFBF6A9.jpg (1197x1800, 732K)

transformers movies made alot of money too. then people gave up on them because they were poorly written and terrible, its happening with star wars now

IDK man, maybe he has memory problems? fuck if i know.

Just when you thought this shit couldn't get any gayer

Midi-chlorians were stupid as shit and should have never been added. However, they don't really break the logic of the universe. They just never talk about them. If you want to still have midi-chlorians in the story all you have to do is just assume they are there. The hyperdrive weapon is different entirely, that creates all kinds of wholes in past and future movies.

the point is nobody wants star wars to explain how the force works or how they use/make spaceships. story and characters are what matters here, and the new trilogy fucked up big in this way

Based

>Sith Troopers are said to be "hidden away inside a massive fleet" that's in the Unknown Regions of the galaxy.
This is literally what happened in SWTOR

>make the original star ships
>but with racing stripes

>What alternative reality do you guys live in?

This one?

Attached: 1561879183593.jpg (1948x4680, 1.96M)

They're capitalists.

Obviously hyperspace ramming is worse, but is the same idea "introduce something retarded and later pretend it never existed".

I mean im interested in how the ships were made, but i agree new trillogy fucked over the character developments. Reminder ray in the span of like 2 weeks some how is now a force user and dualist.

>No, I am referring to how Imperial Officers like Tarkin make out like the Jedi religion being a mystery that has been dead for centuries instead of being well known and existing just 20 odd years ago, when people like Tarkin are old enough to know about it
except he didnt?

heres the clip and heres the text from the script:
youtube.com/watch?v=AK4sZzoycOc
imsdb.com/scripts/Star-Wars-A-New-Hope.html
>TARKIN: The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion.

you are confusing tarkin with the young officer Motti who vader force chokes here:

youtube.com/watch?v=6p4T7_XI7WM

>MOTTI: Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the Rebel's hidden fort...

Yep that's true. I would cut both scenes.

>tarkin was not educated enough to know of them when they were a common thing,

>Wilhuff Tarkin was a human male who served the Galactic Republic and later the Galactic Empire. During the Clone Wars, Tarkin served as a Republic captain under Jedi Master Even Piell and was taken prisoner by the Confederacy of Independent Systems, before escaping with the help of a Jedi and clone trooper strike team. During the incident Piell was killed and Tarkin was later promoted to Admiral and served as prosecutor in the trial of Ahsoka Tano, who was framed for the bombing of the Jedi Temple hangar.
Tarkin prosecuted a Jedi for bombing the Jedi Temple on Coruscant 20 years before the Battle of Yavin.

Do kids even play with toys anymore? I have a 4 year old nephew who watches movies and plays a game on a God damn phone

I dont think they do. I see toddlers with ipads all the time, kids are so fucked

>Motti's full name was revealed by Star Wars creator George Lucas on an episode of Late Night with Conan O'Brien on May 1, 2007. When Lucas was challenged to a trivia question by a fan—Late Night Associate Producer Jordan Schlansky—as to the name of the officer who Darth Vader Force chokes in A New Hope, Lucas jokingly replied "Conan Antonio Motti", a tuckerization of Conan O'Brien's name. The next day after the episode's airing, Late Night posted a blog entry on the NBC website about their surprise at the quick response of Wookieepedia in adopting the new full name for Motti as well as their appreciation for Lucas' decision to name the character after O'Brien.[16] The name was then confirmed in-universe by Star Wars Legends novels and eventually in the canon novel Tarkin
Jesus Christ

MUH DICK.

>Midi-chlorians were stupid as shit

yikes what a faggot opinion. not wanting lucas's BASED microscopic midiclorean based sequel trilogy.

Attached: lucas.jpg (1200x1200, 218K)

The creativity for this new SW is very much chinese, so I will say ...

IMPLESSIVE!

Remember how important and necessary these guys were?

Attached: 51B4193D-8444-4BD2-88E5-7B5F8C9446F3.jpg (593x891, 257K)

This literally says it cost $1.3 Billion to film then grossed $4.7 Billion

>it's just a straight shot on a petri dish and we watch bacteria eat each other
I would love to see the prequel apologist faggots here try to rationalize why that one is also good.

>screenshots from random stores
They're still outselling marvel. And most toys sells are made online, user. Toy sales in general have been falling hard since the early 00's.

Battlefront 2 was also considered a financial success.

>Ahh shit, here we go again
Getting sick and tired of this shit

Can they not break from a Super Star Destroyer or Super Death Star for one Film, sick to death of the planet killer cliche, what JJ's only good at doing because he's a fucking hack

Attached: Conqueror_superlaser.jpg (280x240, 51K)

Motti never implies he denied the existence of the Jedi. He denied the Force which is drastically different. And he's not wrong, the Jedi religion is ancient. If anything, Motti's line implies he thinks the Jedi are old and busted and technology has replaced them.

Fuck, every time I am reminded of that my eyes roll into the back of my head. How could they have greenlit that shit?

star wars is making no money

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

You seem to be unable to differentiate reality from your internal fantasy

Miditrollians are not cool
Space crashes are.

>If make money must be good

Attached: 1551011031798.jpg (665x800, 71K)

>(ultra) star destroyer in-atmosphere
FUUUUUUUUCK

>>it's just a straight shot on a petri dish and we watch bacteria eat each other
>I would love to see the prequel apologist faggots here try to rationalize why that one is also good.
clueless pilled. lucas is half toad and naturally produces DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE and is tripping 24/7. anything he would have made would have been infinitely better than nu-wars. you are a faggot for doubting based george lucas.

Attached: lucastoad.jpg (400x200, 27K)

>The one where retarded shills like you exist
get a real job

So.... How did Palpatine know what First Order stormtroopers would look like 30 yrs in advanced?... To have them hidden and ready to go?

Sorry shills, that narrative won't work when Marvel toys are still selling on Amazon.

Oh my god that's so interesting. I'm so excited to see star wars episode 9. The entire trilogy has been amazing so far so I can't possibly imagine how they'll round off such greatness. I'm literally jizzing myself because I care so fucking much about seeing the new star wars film

>heh, I bet you thought you stopped the empire and destroyed their military might the first 10 times
>nothing personal kid

>They're still outselling marvel.

Wrong. This was back in November, and even today's chart still shows Marvel outperforming Star Wars by a vast margin, you brainlet shill.

>And most toys sells are made online, user.

Which only shows Marvel outperforming Star Wars toys.

Attached: Amazon Top 50 action figures 11-19-2018.jpg (3147x3779, 1.27M)

A story for another time

>Battlefront 2 was also considered a financial success.
sure kid

medium.com/@gabrielshathaway_62247/battlefront-2-dead-on-arrival-eb090d61c6bb
battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/130620/it-seems-like-battlefront-2-is-dead
reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/9zbu48/how_dead_is_ea_star_wars_battlefront_2_on_pc/
youtube.com/watch?v=aPir_4fbAdo
youtube.com/watch?v=S1Cxfj8OkJU
youtube.com/watch?v=lWyzUIYUMUg

its dead jim

Bwhahahaha COPE

Imagine designing a giant talking penis as a SW alien...

Is all part of a greater plan. Just wait for Disney Presents: Star Wars the pre-prequels, episodes -3 -2 and -1.

>gross
At least you got that line right, which puts you head and shoulders above the average shill

>Hokey religions and ancient weapons
None of this implies they do not exist. He's literally standing in front of a Jedi when he says this. Says simple tricks and nonsense. It was typical Hollywood Athiesm.

Also the quote comes from Han Solo not Motti.

>youtube videos and not actual financial reports

Attached: 1559868839798.jpg (800x447, 41K)

Gross != profit.

Theaters take a cut.

No shit you idiot

The YouTube videos directly show the financial reports and cite the sources, which are accurate. You can read English, yes?

Attached: 1554540443165.jpg (734x734, 76K)

Bingo.

Fucking kek.

>Every ship in their fleet is literally one malfunction or mutiny away from obliterating itself with its own superweapon.

Top-notch design.

To be fair, they're using an A.I. to write most of their films these days based on enormous consumer data they feed into it. The scene in POTC: World's End where there's multiple Jack Sparrows is similar to the scene in TLJ with multiple Reys. It has something to do with the way the A.I. utilizes recursion and loops. It manifests itself in the scripts and Disney just runs with it even though it doesn't make any sense.

Have sex

I'll bet the poor AI is asking for help with subtle clues.

Solo bombed. People are fatigued and burnt out on Star Wars already. If anybody told me that a Star Wars movie would ever bomb at the box office before TFA came out I would have called them stupid but here we are.

All this build up for what's going to be just cannon fodder

Disney is doubly fucked with EpisodeIX.

Not only has enthusiasm for the franchise utterly tanked, but Lucasfilm is about to be *GUTTED* by the theater chains.

When TLJ came out, Disney strong-armed the theaters into taking a lower cut and running the movie on their main screens for extra weeks. The theaters agreed because it was guaranteed to be the season's blockbuster. Because it was Star Wars. Because it couldn't fail.

But it did.
The fanboys saw it opening weekend and any hype for the movie promptly evaporated. Instead of dragging their families to see it again over the holidays, they went to see something /fun/, like Jumanji 2. Meanwhile, theater chains were left playing TLJ to empty seats for weeks.

Then "Ranger Solo" happened.

Any franchise-based negotiating leverage Disney once had with Star Wars is now gone. When IX comes out, they'll be forced to accept the terms set by the theater chains. That means taking less of a cut from ticket sales, making it all the more difficult to turn a profit. Combine that fact with a fanbase which has become either completely apathetic or downright hostile towards the films and you have the finale to the greatest marketing blunder of all time.

Attached: 1530148241380.jpg (1280x800, 229K)

Uhhh, yea welcome to capitalism. Your individual opinion is not more relevant or correct than the aggregated opinion of the consumer majority. If people are paying for it in large numbers resulting in enormous financial success, then by definition it is good, whether you agree with it or not.

No. Solo was not a flop. It was a multi-stage nuclear bomb.

The real question is if they’re willing to use the marvel card to gain leverage.
They’ll still never have as much leverage, because the smaller theatres in particular can use the very real threat of going out of business if they have to host a bomb for weeks on end.

fuck your quads and for being right FUCK

im not defending this shit desingn BUT nuclear subs are too a mutiny away from obliterating the royal navy

Are you guys referencing the "sad devotion to that tired old religion" bit or something else? Because the Jedi would be an old institution whether Tarkin put much stock in it or not.

It's Phasma all over again.

>that's in the Unknown Regions of the galaxy
What's with Nu Wars and the Unkown regions? everything that happens is because umm Unknown regions xD, why X happened aaaa umm Unknown.... Regions?

>a massive fleet
> this fleet allegedly has Star Destroyers featuring Death Star-esque "planet destroying weapons
Here we go again.

Attached: this is the explanation for what happened between TFA and TLJ.png (1054x382, 513K)

Quick explanation for brainlets.

Nailed it. Midi-chlorians acting as a measure of Force sensitivity don't change one fucking thing. Hyperspace ram literally breaks the entire setting, backwards, forwards, and sideways.

>bro, were running out of ideas
>idk, how about we put a death star inside a star destroyer?
>fucking genius dude, ill get right on it

they going for 6 or nine parts at this point?

Except that didn't even fully destroy one ship.

I hope this is fake. A massive stash of super advanced technology holding a huge army (in stasis?) with designs and technology that it took 30 years to reach? That's just dumb. That's not even crazy or funny dumb like doing time travel, it's just normal dumb.

>midichlorians
they never get away and it never broke the entire setting unlike what Nu Wars has been doing

feels like the writers don't know a fucking shit about Star Wars lore and just put everything in the Unknown regions to no have to make explanations for anything is beyond lazy

Nice LARP

See? He didn't respond.

>how did they regroup so quickly?
>just turn your brain off bro, lmao
No wonder why they keep losing.

While it does cheapen space combat, can you explain why a desperate rebellion or hell a regime with no concern for it's citizens lives wouldn't use Kamikaze tactics?

Hell with auto pilots no one even needs to be on a ship to lightspeed crash it.

so im convinced that for star wars to experience a resurgence of greatness and creativity, Disney must exhaust the franchise and the public's appetite for it. Once nobody gives it a shit about it, then they will stop micromanaging it and give free reign to somebody with creative chops for once. any ideas on how long it will take

can't wait for them to do the same thing as the red-armored guys in every other star wars movie: jack shit

Attached: snoke on the shitter.jpg (1242x1205, 108K)

Why do shills think everyone believes movie studios take in everything at the box office? Are they hoping it still sounds like a success?

see

>sheeve's vault
>siths soldiers
youtube.com/watch?v=rCDcO_KeRVo
BRAVO NU WARS

holy shit it's real

>unused concept art for The Force Awakens

Attached: Lightsabered a Star Destroyer.jpg (960x1080, 427K)

>feels like the writers don't know a fucking shit about Star Wars lore
Guess they made everything in the EU "not-canon" to justify these asspulls. And yes, is the lazier way to come with a giant enemy fleet.

>what is ep3

>so im convinced that for star wars to experience a resurgence of greatness and creativity, Disney must exhaust the franchise and the public's appetite for it. Once nobody gives it a shit about it, then they will stop micromanaging it and give free reign to somebody with creative chops for once. any ideas on how long it will take

well considering disney has forcibly changed our whole copyright system to continue raping mickey mouse's corpse for 1000 years, I am gonna say, "A long time"

alj.artrepreneur.com/mickey-mouse-keeps-changing-copyright-law/

Attached: (C)Term&MMCurve.gif (562x401, 17K)

This shit pisses me off, too. I miss the days when the fuckhuge ships had to be careful of straying too deeply into gravity wells. Now they just hang motionless over fucking mountaintops.

not even close, Thanos and Spiderman sells more toys than the entire Nu Wars

A proof that "high ground > high midichlorians count".

I miss them

Attached: AdmiralAlienAndCaptainMustache.jpg (625x850, 774K)

are those the Coca Cola™ troopers?

It's even less imaginative than that. It's literally a maggot with a face.

They had a chance to extend the copyright years ago to prevent things going PD in 2019, but they didn't take it.

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/01/a-whole-years-worth-of-works-just-fell-into-the-public-domain/

They may still try to enforce trademark, though.

Imagine working in that ship and you have to get from one fork to the other

Attached: 1328966171092.jpg (312x247, 15K)

they put a death star in a star destroyer hahahahaaa

You're right, it shattered an entire fleet of star destroyers.

The only way is eliminating the entire Nu Wars you can't make any decent with the setting Disney made and the worst part is that even in that situation that wouldn't change the writers that made the hell that's Nu Wars

I hear you, but what I'm pointing out is that it can, accidentally or otherwise, just obliterate itself with its own weapon. It would be like having the biggest guns on a battleship mounted on a turret that can point directly at the helm.

>genius with legitimate blind spots, who dies as a result of them
>solid captain who serves as a foil to the genius, and can occasionally refine the grand plans
It’s a real pity almost every other writer has Thrawn as an omniscient tactical Demi god.

>be the new guy
>they prank me by telling I should be on the other fork
Very funny guys

Attached: 1564163411936.jpg (1024x1024, 103K)

Attached: Salute.gif (443x250, 2.61M)

>tfw I put his books in my backlog after playing tie fighter CD
>25 years ago
Man, time sure flies when you aren't reading shit novels.

>tie fighter CD
I really miss those old games.
There hasn't been a single good star wars piloting game in forever
not even new Rogue Squadron - nothing

>I have an enormous bush and puffy ghost-nipples

"YOU'LL EAT THE SLOP AND WE'LL BEAT YOU IF DON'T LIKE IT YOU FILTHY GOYIM"

the post

God that's some ugly ship...
>that empty space in the middle
Did JJ get the same guy who designed the USS Vengeance from Star Trek Into Darkness?

Attached: Laird.jpg (800x450, 200K)

Disney owns marvel you retard

Attached: 99153BCF-5DAF-4BE3-B0C8-AF579F3F419B.jpg (1920x820, 77K)

That’s not the point you daft twat.
The point is that the fact Marvel toys sell perfectly well means that the toys are outdated argument clearly doesn’t cover why Star Wars toys are selling so poorly.

>Every ship in their fleet is literally one malfunction [...] away from obliterating itself
True. The new Star Destroyers from TFA had the same weird space that looked like an easy way to destroy the ship.
These people have no idea of how to design a ship in the Star Wars universe.

Attached: resurgent-class.jpg (1920x1080, 157K)

It killed an entire fleet.

Also its common as fuck technology in the universe available to everyone. You could just do it with 100 ships at a time.

Timothy Zahn is rolling in his grave

Those are stations, not war ships.

>Timothy Zahn is rolling in his grave
user, I...

architecturally, that layout is fucking retarded

What if superlasers were lightspeed already?

How do you know they are warships?

don't forget the $4B they paid George for the rights

Attached: 1558032624675.jpg (693x663, 60K)

>"hidden away inside a massive fleet"

Fuck you

Attached: nwnzs246vk701.jpg (632x810, 64K)

I miss these niggas like you won't even believe.

>According to Making Star Wars, the Sith Troopers are said to be "hidden away inside a massive fleet" that's in the Unknown Regions of the galaxy.
How convenient.

>Another fascinating detail is that this fleet allegedly has Star Destroyers featuring Death Star-esque "planet destroying weapons."
Naturally.

>Kylo Ren has to find something called the Wayfinder device in order to, well, find this mysterious fleet and "unlock Palpatine's legacy."
Original.

God I hope this is true, it would be the nail in the coffin for this series. I'm unironically excited to see how/if they can top TLJs dumpster fire.

Palleon was a top-tier character
He was even great in the Vong stuff

Star Wars was magic. Now its just capeshit with lightsabers.

>"hidden away inside a massive fleet" that's in the Unknown Regions of the galaxy.
That doesn't even fit Palpatine's MO. He, out in the open, starts taking over the republic. And he does it because he has evil force powers.

They killed him in ROTJ.

His plotline started and ended.

There is no reason for Vader or Palpatine to be in the new movies!

Bury it Disney.

>best lightsaber duels

Attached: MalgusHS-Render.jpg (456x600, 73K)

Not only is he alive, he is actively writing for Nu-Wars.

Small asteroids would get churned up in that thing and the hull would smash apart during travel, how the hell would this be a functional design

A civilisation that has been travelling the stars for millenia and there are UNKNOWN REGIONS?!

No space is big but a few million autonomous probes will map that shit in centuries.

in the EU at least they went with the excuse that there's a shitload of navigational hazards and not much of value there to justify why most people didn't bother
That and the Chiss killing most who tried

There's also no sense of aesthetic in those ship designs.
Also speaking about functional design, the worst is by far the FO transport, a straight copy/paste of the landing ships from WW2.

Attached: First Order Stormtrooper Transport.jpg (2560x1691, 994K)

Magic shields, like every ship in SW.

>>best lightsaber duels

its undeniable. prequel trilogy had all the best lightsaber fights by a far margin.

OT duels were:
old man vs old crippled man in robot suit
young untrained man vs old crippled man in robot suit

nu wars duels were:
edgy meme lord vs untrained little girl + her nigger friend for a split second
edgy meme lord + untrained little girl vs poorly choregraphed red guys randomly running around

It's time for the webm.

>cockpit positioned to maximize landing zone visibility
>that vertical window
Gets me every time

>Has Lambdas and Sentinel
>Uses This
JJ's a hack

OT have the best lightsaber duels. Kendo > chinkshit.

YOU will never see any of that money. All you are left with are bad movies. Take a moment to consider how insane you've become.

>An Asteroid Destroys the tower of a SD in Empire
>Imperial Officer Waves Goodbye before he dies in a horrible explosion

>Kendo

Attached: its a good trick.webm (1280x548, 1.8M)

Also notice the tiny elevator, lol

I don't think that movements necessitated by inexperienced swordfighters with fragile props count as Kendo.

I think it looks cool

>Disney preps up hyping the next one in a few years.
May it all bomb horribly and be forgotten.

IM SO FUCKING TIRED OF THE SKYWALKER SAGA
FUCK LUKE
FUCK ANAKIN
AND FUCK REY
GIVE ME SOME OC GOD DAMMIT

How the fuck do these people keep failing upwards. I know they are connected kikes, but do they not have any other jews to direct things?.

Needs more youtube.com/watch?v=_Hvc1Ae-YCU

Planet destroying super-weapons you say?

Attached: 1516861454810.png (496x326, 248K)

>OT
Two people fighting with incredibly dangerous laser swords
>PT
Psychic jedis having battle of wills with the lightsaber as an extension of their body
>NuWars
Children playfighting

Add a few lightsabers

Attached: xwingrey.jpg (1077x1044, 642K)

That's the secret "三百六十turn and arukuteiru away" technique, you double heimin.

I'm positive the movie that copied everything from Kurosawa also got the kendo.

Honestly makes sense since in the trailer you can see imperial star destroyers with red markings

Attached: sd1.png (850x337, 260K)

sounds kino. haters BTFO again

Attached: sd2.png (870x370, 317K)

>he doesn’t know
Time travel baybee

Attached: BAC393A0-94AB-4DF4-A6FB-961AB4336D41.jpg (864x520, 65K)

The movie didn't copy much of kendo. Those movements are very unlike kendo.

It clearly shows an imperial star destroyer if you look at the bridge

Attached: RO star destroyer.jpg (1376x522, 120K)

how many fucking things are Disney hiding in the "unkown regions of the galaxy". the unknown regions must be crawling with every bad guy and imperial faction that they must be bumping into each other all the god damn time just waiting politely for their turn to fuck over the republic.

that giant unknown region on all galaxy maps of stars must give the writers of star wars a huge hard on or something.

"you should be afraid of the unkown, since i, bad guy magee comes from the unkown region of the galaxy.... what why arent you shaking with fear? you must fear the unkown dont you?"

"nah mate, my cleaner is from the unkown region, i buy my toilet paper from the unknown corner shop, my best bud is from the furthest region of dark space and my granddad is from the depth of the unknown region, look bruv everyone knows a unknown guy, it aint special blad, stop waving your dick about"

Well duh the audience needs something to recognize.

Fbbp

>Those movements are very unlike kendo
They are closest to kendo than to any other sword fighting style. Sadly, they guy with the black samurai armor and the guy with the samurai robes aren't trained in sword fighting.

Found the webm

Attached: Kao Cen Darach and Satele Shan vs Lord Vindican and Malgus.webm (1000x562, 2.96M)

They're closest to untrained actors in uncomfortable suits and props that break. It's nothing like kendo.

Fucking beautiful.

It literally looks like two untrained actors in uncomfortable suits and props trying to imitate samurai movies.

Not user you replied to, but I've read that all you really need in Hollywood is one solid hit early on in your career and then you can make it pretty far just on inertia. Individually the projects these guys are doing are successful, even if the overall picture is a shitshow. Finally, someone like JJ can easily say to some studio exec "Oh yeah, Kennedy was a pain in the ass. Didn't know her foot from her ass. And what Johnson did? Yep, completely threw my own plans for a loop, but I did my best with what I had to work with. Anyways, here's my idea for X..."

Kids play video games. They don’t play with faggot-ass John Boyega dolls.

To me it looks like two old men trying to have a conversation while fending each other off with deadly laser swords.

If it's samurai films, what about Zatoichi? Zatoichi Challenged predates A New Hope and it has some swordfights that are nothing like it.

umm no sweetie

youtu.be/9GT-7an_0jM?t=93

Not really, common sense says "stab", and they don't do that.

see

Solo was not a terrible film

>Solo was not a terrible film

Attached: 1557327655294.gif (250x355, 1.34M)

Isn’t that the plot to KOTOR?

wrong. end credit song wasnt im han solo from star wars kinect

Said nobody.

>people actually buy this
the actual state of everything

Common sense says that Obi-wan wasn’t fucking trying to kill Vader.
Did you even watch the movie?

Vader was trying to kill Obi-wan. Are you legally retarded? Yes, is rhetorical.

Seriously, I bet even the most desperate space nations (with access to hyperspace) would have thought of this. Or Space terrorists?

Unironically agree. Best of the disney films by a long way I'd say

It's my favourite of all of nuWars. Maybe because at that point I had zero expectations but I enjoyed it a lot.

It probably would have been discovered by accident during the development of hyperdrive.
>develop method of travel that relies on an alternate dimension
>don't know if it interacts with the regular universe or not
>test it out
>ah fuck we shredded a planet

youtube.com/watch?v=NuNvCOUy1Ts

This is just KOTOR

Is it too much to ask for one of the devs of Battlefront 2 to just animate the thrawn trilogy using the bf2 engine? Really?

posting best stormtrooper

Attached: 104.png (521x535, 447K)

>Star Destroyers with Death Star super weapon.

Attached: Eclipse1.jpg (1216x728, 174K)

Yes his death hit me hard too.

>That's Kino
But alt least all the planet killers where outside of the films after ROTJ, One Death Star was enough

It's a good trick

>pilot is completely exposed
>gunner can't tilt the gun down to aim at something in front of the ship

Here's all I want to know
>will Luke actually have a lightsaber fight this film? ( a real fight)
>If so, when can I watch it on youtube?

>JJ actually said "Fuck it" in an interview. He essentially admitted that he's winging it for the whole movie,
No he didn't.

>no pointless side characters
What about JarJar, young Boba Fett or most of the jedi?

I honestly hope he doesn't. They should just commit to him being dead IMO, but if they want to bring him back I think it'd be much better if he was just a very powerful force user without a lightsaber, a la OT Yoda.

those toddler-like drawings kill me every time. christ what a fuck-up.

Attached: ridley_scott_distressed.jpg (460x288, 20K)

Back to pol retard

>söy wars can't get any dumbe-

He didn't even had a rape dungeon, what a shitty pleb emperor

>Vader was trying to kill Obi-Wan

Attached: 9C4C3C19-F24C-4900-8B04-2F919AC40495.jpg (645x614, 61K)

>animate the thrawn trilogy using the bf2 engine
It would be extremely ugly

The thing is, a well-produced last hurrah for Luke would be awesome. Even if it's in a pile of shit. So I'd love to see it made, even if I don't give five craps about the garbage around it. Like, either way, ep9 will be fucking abysmal. So they may as well provide nonsensical fanservice

I disagree

I agree on that note, I just don't think lightsabers are necessarily the right way to do it. I was for something like Luke tearing off a chunk of a mountain and dropping it on those AT-AT ripoffs and then die from overexertion or something. It would be ridiculous but who really gives a shit at this point?

fucking lol at that concept
a fucking lightsaber destroying a whole star destroyer
oh ho ho ho ho no non no no look at this guy

Since this thread is basically dead what would you do for Luke in 9?
I need to motivate myself to finish my episode 9 script before the final trailer comes out, so far I just have ghost Luke pestering Kylo

>conflating "success" with "good"
one is objective, the other is subjective, and one doesn't imply the other.
just because it's good doesn't mean it's successful (original blade runner), and just because it's successful doesn't mean it's good (big bang theory)

Attached: 1560056611711.jpg (1600x1200, 179K)

>what would you do for Luke in 9?
Let him rest in peace. That or after the credits he wakes up covered in cold sweat and they play the trailer of the real episode VII.

Make it so that his final effort exhausted him so much he can't even come back as a ghost and is gone forever. If you're gonna do something go all in, don't half ass it and have the guy pop back up in the next movie.

Taxes too.

She bypassed the compressor

Attached: D2A4393F-CE45-4E35-8964-8D7F57796933.jpg (450x600, 105K)

>young Boba Fett or most of the jedi

Attached: SoupyDimEquestrian-small.gif (445x250, 821K)

because if they can do it then everyone can, and so now why doesnt everyone do it?

how could they possible cut deep enough to do the damage pictured?

Screw it, even though I know that Disney advertises and posts here I’ll share. Who cares it’s a dumb idea anyway.
The movie starts with fanfare, title crawl, and star field. Instead of panning up or down from the stars, [spoilers]the camera movies into the stars as they start to drift around. As the stars change color and size we realize they aren’t stars. These glowing balls of light (whills) struggle to coalesce together into a familiar shape, a glowing gold/blue figure in a robe. It’s Luke (no beard). Then he talks to Yoda or something [/spoilers]
I like the idea but it seems weird to start the movie on something slow instead of action.

Boba was fanservice and the biggest achievement of most jedi masters was becoming a meme and dying. Sometimes both at the same time.

God damnit I’m a braindead retard. I usually make fun other people for messing up spoilers.
See

>Episode 4: planet destroying weapon
>Episode 6: bigger planet destroying weapon
>Episode 7: even bigger planet destroying weapon
>Episode 9: fleet of planet destroying weapons

prequels always win, baby

A new Thrawn novel came out literally a week ago.

It's not [spoilers] newfag.

>Does it matter
>Not one bit
It matters a whole fucking bunch. It would be great to know so you can put a stop to the source holy shit fucking dumb cunt

That's pretty dumb. Again, you can't even ctrl+s.

You're delusional, they'll just use their slush fund corporations to push their movies into whatever range they want the movie to be in.

Well duh I can’t ctrl+s I’m banned on my computer

these sith troopers were probably Snoke's troopers originally, since the books say Snoke comes from the unknown regions of the galaxy

Rian killed Snoke, so they had to bring Sheev back to explain the sith troopers

What pisses me off so much about all of this. Is Disney was literally handed a pre-written trilogy. One that is considered to be some of the best of star wars as well.

The fucking Thrawn Trilogy, literally one of the best stories and they fucking side lined it. They could have told the story from the prospective of a new crew, CGIed in some fan service of running across young solo or luke, but no. They fucking shelved it all for shitty nu-wars and are now and empire of dirt. Fuck em. All the tumblr and plebbit faggots will cry from the hill tops about how great nu wars is, but no one will be around to listen. 15 years down the road no one will remember this trilogy, it will just be those shitty star wars movies that disney made.

Luke is dead.
He will be a force ghost that tells Rey that she is the most amazing person to ever exist and disappear.

I can only imagine how hard they tried to ruin Thrawn

>By Timmothy Zahnn
See what I did there
>Basically Tim's dead and there's another writer using his name.

People want to meme on disney hard here but it was unironcially just fine. It was reasonably funny and coherent, and it wasn't ripping off another movie, so by those standards alone it's better than TFA, R1 and TLJ.

...for you

It was the most expensive movie in history and barely made above the budget they put into it.

It's probably the most expensive bomb in disney's history and they wrote off John Carter and that depp/arnie hammer movie in the same year.

If I was given free-reign to wrap up this trilogy however I wanted with the obvious caveats (no huge retcons, no "it was all a dream", no killing off everyone in the first five minutes etc):
>Rey has spent YEARS training with ghost Luke - film opens with him giving a speech somewhat explaining how he went insane before he tried to kill Kylo
>Finn also learning the force but being very bad at it (also an experienced general now)
>Poe revered war general
>galaxy in chaos - outer rim planets joining the first order in a weird attempt to gain power
>Inner planets mobilising an army to help the republic/resistance
>lots of space battles lead by Poe
>lots of ground battles lead by Finn
>Rey and Kylo race to find some artefact from the emperor
>it results in Luke coming back to life, but along with Palpatine, Vader, Snoke and Plagueis
>Snoke gives the evil villain speech we all wanted
>massive space battle and ground battle in background
>Luke and Vader versus Snoke, Palpatine and Plagueis
>lots of random grunts used as canon-fodder by these guys
>Kylo vs Rey
>maybe have Mace Windu cameo as well for shits and giggles

Sure. But quality-wise, it was the best of the disney star wars films

I know it was a disaster for them financially, but I didn't find much to hate about the movie. I liked it better than the other disneywars films.

You know there's clear boundaries between Force Users and Non Force Users.
Everyone can't be a Jedi

Attached: giphy.gif (480x202, 913K)

She's a strong independent woman. We don't believe in the word "can't", it's "cunt"

literally did

Abrams discussed his approach with Vanity Fair and made it clear that it was different from his approach on Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which he previously directed.

>He explains: “Working on nine, I found myself approaching it slightly differently. Which is to say that, on seven, I felt beholden to Star Wars in a way that was interesting—I was doing what to the best of my ability I felt Star Wars should be.”

Abrams then details his approach for The Rise of Skywalker.

>“It felt slightly more renegade; it felt slightly more like, you know, Fuck it, I’m going to do the thing that feels right because it does, not because it adheres to something.”

> you know, Fuck it
> Fuck it

he 100% did

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/05/star-wars-cover-story

Are they just stealing this plot?

Attached: valkor.png (593x781, 713K)

Pretty good. No knights of Ren? I guess they missed their chance

Palpatine in the EU also had his Coruscant vault with the codes to the Eclipse on it. There was a mission in Empire at War where you break in using a Juggernaut tank and steal the codes before raiding the Kuat shipyards.

This was actually in Ben's hut when he was a student there as well.

Also want to point out that Reylos have been saying the Sith Troopers belong to Palpatine since the info came out. Retarded fanboys and clickbait sites always pretend they thought of thigns first as usual.

Attached: benstable.jpg (1280x720, 446K)

I miss my niggas Kyle Katarn and Revan

Knights of Ren would travel with Kylo as he raced to find the artefact.
Rey would fight one of them along the way and barely win.
When they found the artefact, Luke would be resurrected first and then the knights would immediately attack him and he'd kill them all effortlessly without even using a lightsaber.
Kylo would cower in fear but then we'd hear Snoke's voice and see he was resurrected too. And then the others would all get their own reveal

>that right side
T-that was made by a shitposter right?

They forgot to add this scene to turn it into legit kino

youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A

Right, so boring, bigger laser than last time! More bigger lasers than last time!

Give me some sort of weapon that opens a black hole and feed into the natural terror that people see when confronted with such an otherworldly anomaly. I want to see light bend and shit get ripped apart. I want to stare into the void.

These motherfuckers can't even make space exciting which should be the easiest thing ever.

Kyle was great but could never work in a film and you know it. But his stories could be adapted really well

Yeah. Brian post here after all.

Word on the street is that Lord and Miller wanted to have this scene played out in live-action in the middle of the film and that's when they got fired

Attached: 204.jpg (473x405, 46K)

Kylo/Reylofags are the only people with brains in this fandom apparently. That's why they keep winning and are always right.

Pellaeon is unironically my favourite Star Wars character of all time.

>"It's been a long road, sir. Long and hard and discouraging. For all of us, but mostly for you"

>Reylos since 2015: Reylo is endgame, Rey is not a Skywalker and Kylo is getting redeemed+the red troops are obviously Palpatines

>clickbait sites/fanboys: omg this brand new theory just in! Could Kylo really be the true Skywalker of the ST?!? NEW LEAKS SAY THE SITH TROOPERS ARE BELONG TO PALPATINE WOOWOWOWOWO

Oh god it's going to happen, isn't it? It'll be like watching a bug budget car crash, you can't tear your sight away from the like in screen but it's morbidly fascinating

>DRIVE CLOSER! I WANT TO HIT THEM WITH MY SWORD!

Yeah but Finn should have been the Jedi from the beginning. Rey should have been the Han Solo Princess Leia mix.

They seem to be retconning Palpatine into the mind behind everything.

>make a OC bad guy
>kill him
>realize you still have one movie left
welp

what the fuck ?!

Is he Snoke?

Attached: Valkorion.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

It's like Chris-chan. I wouldn't believe it's real if I didn't witness it.