Most of Yea Forums has never watched a kurosawa movie

>most of Yea Forums has never watched a kurosawa movie

Attached: 1558544416799.png (558x513, 245K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5195555
youtube.com/watch?v=E9V2T1ONA2I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>black and white
>subtitles
no thanks

this

>nips
no thanks

Pretentious nip bullshit, no thanks.

Zzzzzz

>le artsy pretentious ching-a-chong-a-ling-along subtitled black and white schtick gestalt amalgam cliché
no thanks

Are spaghetti westerns pretentious?

is your mother a whore?

Watched 3 of his movies. Its kino

Attached: 1518409529823.jpg (638x558, 63K)

>"it's arthouse!!"
It's just proto capeshit in black and white

No. They are in english.
Nice selfie you got there buddy.

>Rashomon 5/10
>Seven Samurai 6/10
>Sanjuro 3/10
>Ran 4/10

I tried. I really did, but I don't think samurai movies are my thing.

Absolute peak kino

>something being in a foreign language makes them pretentious
fucking americans

>Nice selfie you got there buddy.

Attached: 1550888686277.jpg (800x450, 48K)

This but actually Unironically

Watch Harakiri.

I have, and it's better than all those I mentioned, but still no ultiimate masterpiece. I give it a 7/10.

imagine being this much of a pseud

I watched yojimbo and a fistfull of dollars was better

>watching sanjuro before yojimbo

Attached: 1464940351330.jpg (640x544, 29K)

you watch one you watch all.

I'm not American. I won't be watching some pretentious nip black and white shit. Muh honor muh swords haha epic, am i right guys? Fuck off with that shit.

>he watches chink shit

Attached: laughing-and-pointing-emoticon-vector-clip-art_csp6877101.jpg (450x353, 24K)

>pretentious black and white
you know black and white movies were common before they invented colors, don't you?

Watched Ran, Yojimbo, Seven Samurai. They all bored me to shit. Usually these slow movies have some sort of payoff but they all just teeter off.

Then why is Nosferatu in yellow, blue and red? You fucking retard.

I watched the one where it was about different characters telling their version of the story. About 10 years ago, and I can't remember the name of it. Is that a good one of his?

Attached: 14654941934535.jpg (640x639, 56K)

That's Rashomon. It's his best

Rashomon and Seven Samurai.
I like both but Seven Samurai is more entertaining. Pure Kino.

Why would I want to read a movie?

whats a 10, for reference, just curious, not trying to bait so i can point and laugh

I don't know if you're actually just an ignorant vulgar imbecile or just trolling. I hope the latter.

Imagine knowing so little about movies that you think Kurosawa is pretentious kino instead of a director that explores themes that are important to this day with a better delivery than any modern director

>why is Nosferatu in yellow, blue and red
It's not

Watch Ran then, you faggot.

Kurosawa made more than Samurai movies.
The Bad Sleep Well (1960) and Ikiru (1952) are most enjoyable.

Boku no pico

Just trolling. Anyways i prefer Kurosawa's non Samurai films to his samurai films. High and Low, Red Beard, Ikiru and Dersu Uzala are great. I'm not a big fan of Ran.
I think there are better samurai films than the ones by Kurosawa. Kobayashi is better with those films. Harakiri and Samurai Rebellion are great. Sword of Doom is a fantastic samurai film. The best samurai film i have ever seen is Demons (1971) it's more of a psychological horror, highly recommended.

Attached: eab24989be0c32a2ebefa53e6cafa1ff.jpg (500x709, 58K)

BASED

Is there a version of his movies in color and dubbed?

I can't believe I share a board with these people

Boring black and white shit. Fuck off with that pretentious crap. Jesus fucking christ.

Hahahahaha the arthouse fag fell for the b8 kill yourself you stupid fucking cunt bitch

How can you defend the acting in these movies?

You don't, they're just baiting.

tfw watched this in japanese class

Attached: 1542474833866.png (924x560, 48K)

Not true. I watched Kagemusha and it put me to sleep

I'm not. I don't enjoy movies that aren't in color or in English. If you can't even afford color or a translator to do that then your movie is bad.

Pleb

You are a fucking retard. Kill yourself.

You say that but we have multiple 24/7 threads about reality shows and other garbage

Retard.

Go hang yourself

does the miyamoto musashi trilogy count?

Imagine watching a reality show as a grown man and recapping the show in a thread. Why is your board so shit Yea Forums?
t. /pol/

Have you watched The Idiot from 1951? I loved the book and since the film is by Kurosawa i'm with high expectations

>japanese class

Attached: 1563935961273.png (1000x808, 404K)

I have a friend that browses Yea Forums and he unironically refuses to watch movies that are subbed, black and white or set in Asia/South America/any desert regions

If you're reading this fuck you, David.

I've been meaning to watch Ran for years but I've never found a good torrent for it.

Attached: 1544221053211.jpg (800x661, 539K)

Schindler's List

>78% Rotten Tomatoes
>4h 25m
Not sure about that one, boss

Holy shit, didn't know it was 4 hours long.

It's pretty decent but if i were you i would temper my expectations. It's decent but nowhere near the greatness of the book and other Kurosawa's films. It's still worth a watch. Tarkovsky wanted to make a film from Idiot iirc. That would have been some 10/10 masterpiece.

underage pls go

It's not. It's like 165 minutes, i think.
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5195555

Oh yeah, apparently the 265 minutes version was lost

kys zoomer

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
Cancer.

ikiru is my favorite kurosawa. my favorite swordshit kurosawa is ran because every frame is like a painting. rashomon is not for me at all.

Attached: 1561011376887.jpg (350x575, 40K)

Everybody has. It was on Netflix for about 2 years

>why yes, Ran is my favorite Kurosawa film, how could you tell?

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

If someone here has not seen Kurosawa, they are lucky as fuck. They have tons of fantastic films to watch now. You'll be genuinely surprised how amazing his character writing is. Everything feels like something that could be written today, without today's bullshit.

I tried to marathon Seven Samurai but had to turn it off after 30 minutes because of how boring it was. Plus having to read subtitles is fucking retarded

>rashomon is not for me at all.
Which is shame because it's easily his best

huh?
the one and a half hour seven samourai, or the three hours version?

Matsumoto is kino though I found Demons disappointing compared to Funeral Parade of Roses

My favorite film was Dersu Uzala, a film about a group of Russian explorers and a local hunter guide. His samurai films have been a bit all over the place, but I liked Seven Samurai the most out of them especially for the realistic combat.

I have Dreams and Madadayo on top of the watching list, mostly because they don't fall into the generic samurai films. Any other suggestions? I don't know if it's worth checking out his book adaptations (other than Dersu Uzala which was based on real events)

Really? I thought it was really great.
Red Beard is good. High and Low is also great.

yes, that is in fact the ABSOLUTE STATE of nu/tv/

why are you even friends with a cuck like that?

I have watched most of his movies though.

Thanks. I don't care much for crime drama but Red Beard seems interesting. I read your previous post, looked up what Ikiru is about and I think it's something I need right now.

Is this bait? Why are these questions being asked on a film board?

Ikiru is really great. The Bad Sleep Well is also really good non samurai film by Kurosawa.

im gonna watch it again i guess. i tried the searchers 3 times before i gave up on that.

Most Japanese people haven't watched a Kurosawa movie. Most Japanese under the age of 50 don't even know who Ozu is or heard of Tokyo Story

i love kurosawa but that’s gonna have to be a BASED from me dawg

His best is obviously The Idiot because it's an adaptation of the greatest book

and i most likely never will, faggot

So who killed the man?

I've only seen Drunken Angel, Stray Dog, Rashomon, Seven Samurai, the Hidden Fortress, and Yojimbo. Are the others worth it? I liked Stray Dog the most.

Hey buddy, we shitpost and rant about celebrities around here. We dont watch Kino. Our new wave brains are too fast wired for slow movies like yojimbo or sanjuro.

Yes? Watch Ran, Sanjuro, High and Low, Kagemusha, and Throne of Blood. If you like those, keep watching his others. Stop when you don't like them anymore.

Anons, there's just too much kino out there. Should I watch like 4 movies per day? I feel like my life won't be long enough for me to watch every kino there is.

Yes, just ditch your social life.

I managed to get up to three 2-3+ hour films watched every day while unemployed, in an attempt to get through my backlog. I can't remember how many I watched but I cleared an almost 1TB HDD.

>Should I watch like 4 movies per day
What else are you doing with your free time? Shitposting on Yea Forums? What do you think would be more productive?

fag we watched Gran Torino in spanish class

Tried to watch it and it’s boring af.

Good napkino.

>incels cant even process the idea of putting effort into actually getting laid

Attached: 9693681677257477823273.jpg (320x334, 17K)

>effort
Small dick or short? Or both?

That's not true, I watched Akira like three times last year.

Small dick but I make up for it with personality and nice dubs.

Aint on any streamin service. I dont want to buy it and I aint gon a steal it.

>pretends to be a chad
>doesn't even think about the turbosluts that will fuck any man with no effort
pathetic

I’m gonna go with short and small dick on this little hot head.

he might not be short but small dick for sure. Turboslut/Chad gave him away.

The only one I’ve seen was seven samurai. I might have enjoyed it more had it NOT been SOOOOOOO long.

I’ve watched all of them including the one in which a doctor gets infected with syphilis.

What the fuck does Kurosawa have to do with Akira

Ikuru was a genuine masterpiece, shame he would waste his talent on only samurai shit.

Not really.
Just torrent it.

yo ive seen rashomon, seven samurai, throne of blood, yojimbo, kagemusha and ran

jesus kid, its just entertainment.

Watch sanjuro

What's the best site for film torrents? I wish I had an account on PTP

>sanjuro
i'll check it out, do you recommend any of his modern tales?

high and low and ikiru

haven't seen drunken angel but it's supposed to be good too

the funniest thing about Kurosawa is that his best is Dreams and it has nothing to do with samurais

I would watch John Ford's other westerns before going into The Searchers because its kind of a deconstruction of the mythology he had created over his career. I saw it a long time ago after only seeing Stagecoach and now I'm actually going through his work chronologically, working my way back.

Stray Dog and The Bad Sleep Well are both awesome as well

Rutracker

i had seen most of john waynes westerns prior to watching it for the first time. stagecoach and fort apache were much more enjoyable for me

Ah, fair enough then, sorry.

Wrong

damn i had some extensive screen caps of this scene but forgot to save my caps somewhere when I got my new HDD

Good riddance. I hope its editor was lost too

Kurosawa couldn't compete with Misumi and Katsu.

Attached: zatoichi-the-blind-swordsman.jpg (512x288, 52K)

Wow sherlock. Suggest me some of the drugs that melted your brain

yea it's a slow buildup

>hates subs hurr durr
y r ppl this retarded

I watched Ikiru and it was great. Not interested in his capeshit though

watch Silent Duel. Easily his most underrated film.

Only one I watched was Ikiru. It was great.

I already took a nap today, grandpa fuck off

i watched seven samurai, what should i watch next?

Rashomon or Dersu Uzala

thx bro

youtube.com/watch?v=E9V2T1ONA2I

top tier bait

Attached: 1562677091708.jpg (500x417, 46K)