Why haven't you seen The Last Emperor?

Why haven't you seen The Last Emperor?

>filmed inside The Forbidden City
>directed by Bernardo Bertolucci
>music by David Byrne
>brief lesbian toe sucking scene
>based Peter O'Toole showing up in one more epic

Attached: 451CFE3F-8FAB-4599-B3F7-DA3904174DF7.jpg (1280x720, 242K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MI5DyZXcHVI
youtube.com/watch?v=xulOCPkcxqQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Never seen it but the theme song is stuck in my head forever.

youtube.com/watch?v=MI5DyZXcHVI

I have seen it; its great. John Lone shouldn't have stopped acting.

Incredible production considering no major western productions had been done inside the Forbidden City before, or after I suppose

But I have. It's fantastic.

For me it's more amazing that they made a western production with Asian actors as leads. Progressive Hollywood wouldn't take the risk

It's spectacular to look at. It's such a fascinating story. I didn't realize for how long China was stuck in this imperial emperor stuff.

great movie, it's a shame the criterion version has been cropped from 2.35:1 to 2.0:1 because the cinematographer is a revisionist faggot
genuinely surprised how much the movie criticized Mao and The Great Leap Forward at the end, this would never have gotten made today

Obviously i have seen it you moron.

Not gonna lie. The movie made me sympathize with the communists.

Attached: image.png (540x716, 665K)

Besides Lawrence of Arabia and The Last Emperor are there any other historical epics worth watching?

>crickets survived longer than most Chinese peasants

basado

I was really surprised how they both didn't execute Puyi and that they let him walk away.

The Bridge on the River Kwai for a Lean night.

Doctor Zhivago is good too, but not as great as the others. Might not be worth the time it takes to watch it, but it's not bad.

You were always a tankie faggot. China is a fucking shithole.

Attached: 1519739359140.png (1400x5552, 2.38M)

>genuinely surprised how much the movie criticized Mao and The Great Leap Forward at the end, this would never have gotten made today

What the fuck are you talking about? After Mao's demise China actively rejects his Great Leap Forward and Cultural Revolution and openly admits it to being a mistake and doing nothing to advance China.

Better a tankie than a (((liberal))) or (((conservative)))

Retard boomer conservatives still living in the 50s that missed the memo when american leftists stopped supporting soviets and china

Isn’t best boy Ryuichi Sakamoto in this too

too much political risk even for the CCP, and imagine the usefulness of showing a former emperor walking and talking the party line

Watched it for the first time on TV with my parents when I was 5 and this shit legit traumatized me, I was unable to sleep for two days.
Rewatched it years later, and it's a beautiful film, everything works, historically accurate, great acting, fantastic sets and atmosphere
I just won't ever show it to my kids until they're able to understand what the fuck is going on

That little shit killed a mouse

Fuck that midget

>After Mao's demise China actively rejects his Great Leap Forward and Cultural Revolution and openly admits it to being a mistake and doing nothing to advance China.

That's not true. The official party stance is still that Mao did more good than harm

>chink is yellow
problematic

Mouse are vermin

Criterion fucking with aspect ratios as always

Why does everyone assume land lords have it so good. I own a duplex and it makes me realize that some people are so fucking stupid they never deserve to own a home. They deserve to be poor.

The last tenant I had would clog the sink with grease, and call asking me to send a plumber. Her drunk boyfriend broke down the door to her room. They let there dog pee and shit all over the place. They were just plain stupid. I barely broke even, I didn't renew the lease, and I kept her deposit. I remodeled the place.

Moral of the story. Single moms are fucking scum and it doesn't matter if they are white. I feel really bad for her kid though.

Pinkos are also faggots. They lack the capacity to do the violence necessary for there horse shit. It's the ultimate form of envy.

Attached: 1489487965872.jpg (800x448, 114K)

Yeah, a ton are worth it really. As long as they're not cheap, there is always something to enjoy unironically, the costumes and sets if nothing else.

Everyone who strives for anarchy is a fucking retard

>barely broke even
Nah fuck landlords and fuck "liber"tarians. Mao was right.

>thinking that all Mao did was the Cultural Revolution

Party stance does see Mao as the father of modern China but does admit that his later acts where mistakes. Just like De-Stalinization that happened in the Soviet Union the same thing happened in China with Mao once his political opponents like Deng Xiaoping look power

That comic illustrates perfectly why ancaps aren't caps in the slightest. It's just serfdom except you don't even get to live on the land you work on.

You forgot the part where butler sniffs the emperors shit for good luck

I thought the music was by Ryuichi Sakomoto? Thats what made me want to watch it initially. Still havent seen it lol.

He was a total pushover and did anything they said. His own incompetence and naivety protected him.

>my last tenants let the house they lived in get dirty, they don't deserve a place to live
You deserve to have a shit time. I hope your next tenants burn the place down.

music for the thread
youtube.com/watch?v=xulOCPkcxqQ

Pu Yi really has the weirdest life for a Chinese emperor

I mean he was made emperor at 3 in a palace cut off from the world. Then he grows up to become a westaboo who wants to go to England. Then he get kicked out of the palace. Then he goes to work for the Japanese and meets their emperor. Then he escapes to Russia after ww2 and asks Stalin to give him good treatment. Then Stalin gives him to the commies. Then after jail he becomes a communist. Then he becomes a gardener for his original palace. Then he dies rather peacefully despite all the shit he caused.

Seriously you can't make this shit up. It's like watching the 1900 to 1970 China through he eyes of one guy. And somehow he survived it all.

is that kid meant to be that yellow?

What Bertolucci film should i see next? I have seen The Conformist. I tried Last Tango in Paris but i shut it down after 15 minutes.
All of David Lean's films. All of Visconti's epics and period dramas.

Attached: leopard-750x400.jpg (750x400, 107K)

>Then he escapes to Russia after ww2 and asks Stalin to give him good treatment. Then Stalin gives him to the commies.

why didn't they put this in the movie?

>all the shit he caused
>he
He was a victim of the inertia of his family history. Honestly walking away from the aristocratic clusterfuck foisted on him and becoming a simple gardener is the most noble thing he could have done.

It's both. I think Byrne did the opening theme, but both contributed.

The movie did not want to show he had communist sympathies prior to returning to China because it would cause amerilards to seethe.

This. This is a late state redpill. Most people do indeed deserve to be poor and in fact I think I've realized why slavery is so widespread. I am not a landlord but I have had many roommates. I can confirm that most people do not deserve to own a home. If they did own a home they would destroy it less than a year. They simply have no understanding of how to live without destroying everything around them. I don't understand it. They never improve anything, they only damage it. They need someone that will maintain the place for them or in a year it will be unlivable. I am 100% sincere about this.
Fuck you idiot. If you are such a brainlet that you can't even understand the damage that you are causing, then you need to live in a trash heap. Houses are made of destructible materials that can be damaged permanently. Your measly 800 bucks a month is not enough to cover big repairs.

That's because Americans pay £300K for homes made from the same material they build child's play sets out of over here.

interesting but not really important to the story, also going on location in authentic Russia would probably have been impossible at that point, though Police Academy 5 broke that barrier in the following year

oops, that was 7 actually, my memory was wrong

He became a political tool and a puppet for Japan willingly.

commie shite

Dr. Zhivago is a fucking masterpiece don't listen to that fag
There are quite some more, I should make a chart

Attached: 1546387739516.jpg (645x729, 170K)

It's a good flick, just not as good as those two other Lean epics. But I wasn't bored during it, which is high praise for a movie of that length.

It's as good as them, they're all 10/10

uhh, hello? where are the PEOPLE OF COLOR?

>you will never get to work inside the imperial palace
>you will have have your dick and balls chopped off
>you will never fight with the other eunuchs to see who has the pleasure of smeling the emperor's shits this week
>you will never be forced to entertain whatever crazy and outrageous requests the imperial family might have

lmao
Sell your properties and move out of detroit you dumb blogposting nigger
If you want good tenants, stop renting cheap shit to welfare retards

just you wait for the remake with a transdimetional nigress as the first empress of chinois all done on greenscreen because based chinks won't allow that travesty

>pic
I grew up in asia
my father always told me to have an indian and a chinese partner ONCE
so that you know how bad it is and never work with them again
it's true
all of it

>people are retarded and deserve to be poor

>is an actual retard that does the 101 mistake of renting out property to people with dogs - nervermind the other obvious degenerate retards

You deserve to be poor too it seems. Wonder how long that duplex u got from inheritance will last you. Then again even the biggest retard can own property and make a killing because it's a braindead lopsided businessmodel.

before you Seethe I'll let you know that I'm also a landlord.

Are you me from the future? It traumatized me when I was five but I never had the guts to watch it as an adult.

Or at least Reginald Johnston would be played by a black woman who teaches Puyi about feminism.

What is so traumatizing about this movie?

This. I’m surprised he didn’t get romanovd considering the time.

theyre not stupid, its not their house so they have no reason to care about it and will shit it up however they want

the plebbitor cunts here have not a clue other than capeshit

>Your measly 800 bucks a month is not enough to cover big repairs
Then insurance covers that, you mongoloid. Guess you do deserve to be poor tho.

I got my first duplex with deployment savings. One of my tenants are my parents. They live there cheap. So you are right, I was raised poor, but I think I'm doing pretty good for myself and family.

When I say there dog pissed and shit all over the place, I mean that this single mom lived like that. I would come by to fix the sink, water heater when she was not home. I gave her plenty of notice.

Did shit in every room, smells like piss. Like I said, she is stupid. I feel sorry for the kid, he actually seems to be smarter than his mom. The kid was the reason I didn't evict her, that and she paid rent.

Carpet doesn't belong in rentals anyway, fake vine wood planks are the way to go. Easy to replace, and Clean.

absolute kino movie

Attached: maoWasARetard.png (901x461, 138K)

He was also gay and a sadist.