The Lighthouse looks like psudeo horror shit

OMG! THEY GO MAD IN THE END! SLOW CHILLING BURN AMIRIGHT REDDIT?

Attached: The_Lighthouse.jpg (607x900, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hyag7lR8CPA
rottentomatoes.com/critic/robbie-collin/movies
youtube.com/watch?v=rbAhU913SSk
docdroid.net/2an9SiE/at-the-mountain-of-madness.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pathetic

pure mcdonalds arthouse
i'll stick with actual art like singapore sling by nikos nikolaidis

Attached: 1558442734300s.jpg (250x250, 9K)

Yes it looks great.

Attached: xTZfovu.jpg (3414x1152, 604K)

What do you post TDKR screenshots with a black-and-white filter?

>hohohoho REDDIT
>did you see it's in BLACK AND WHITE
>what is this ratio lmaaoooo 1:1 hahahahha
>VVITCH LOL
>A24 is a meme studio
>Eggers and Aster are the worst directors this decade
>possibly ever
>ZOOMERS THINK THIS MOVIE IS AMAZING
>sneedhouse
>w i l l i a m dafoe

only plebs use the term slow burn
any true horror fan knows that's how most horror movies were made before 1975

Can't wait for this absolutely triggered soiboy to break his thumbs by crying out making hundreds of threads on hihs phone just like this until October and then Yea Forums loving it even more at the end.

>soiboy
You mean the biggest fans of a24s output?

>A24
>Robert Basedson
Looks like kino is back on the menu boys

Attached: 1527989783888.jpg (1024x636, 78K)

Give it a rest dude. Don't you have anything better to do with your pathetic life then to provide factually wrong statements here and trying to trigger as many people as you can? That's sad frankly, go out, meet some people and talk to them. Maybe you will feel better.

Now why would anyone respond to that post if they didn't feel triggered or called out by it specifically like the soiboy he is?
hmmmmmm

Am I the only one who hates film as an artform more every year?

Attached: 46hqb3h6q43q36hq63.jpg (1275x563, 101K)

I like shitting on soŷhorror once in a while but I seriously cannot deny that the shots in the trailer looked stunning.

Slow friggin burn!!!!

But I don't make threads
>Yea Forums loving it even more at the end
and I'm sure you can ask the mods you will be begging to protect the inevitable general you make to hide away from criticism come release, post 2016 poster

Why did he try so hard to make it look like an old film? Looks ridiculous

I know right! He should've shot in digital color, CGI the background and get RDJ instead of Defoe

>slow burn
thus it’s friggin superior! huzzah!!
ive never even heard of this movie

Attached: 0CF12D47-2135-43AD-B367-3C30ECF70581.jpg (500x500, 16K)

they don’t have the mental capacity for such endeavors. this is the extent of how they are able to talk with their fellow man, this thread is the pinnacle of their social abilities.

Don't be upset, it looks like shit desu
youtube.com/watch?v=Hyag7lR8CPA

how does it look like shit though

It's kind of sad when you think about it. Spamming this shit on mongolian image board, hoping for some validation and knowing that you are absolute failure in life.

that looks extremely good by every metric possible

>Pointless square ratio
>Black and white because "le oldie movie"
>Forced Lovecraftian shit
>Defoes retarded accent
>SLOW BURN AND BONE CHILLING HORROR

The accent is accurate to the period and location. The Lovercraftian shit is not forced but an organic part of the story. It's a thriller and character study with some humour. Not really a horror.

Ridiculous

Imagine the type of low IQ pleb that looks at this and thinks "wow thats kino". The type of people who have seen 1 film made before the 50s and think they have taste for sure

pe·ri·od piece
/ˈpirēəd pēs/
noun
an object or work that is set in or strongly reminiscent of an earlier historical period.
"these novels are period pieces with roots in historical romance"

OMG tentacles

>>Pointless square ratio
Why do you think it's pointless? Would a wide aspect ratio fit the isolated tight claustrophobic narrative better?
>>Black and white because "le oldie movie"
Would a vibrant colorful visual fit the 1890s Maine better?
>>Forced Lovecraftian shit
How is it forced? It's literally a film about sea-faring myths, what's forced about it?
>>Defoes retarded accent
Look at point above.
>>SLOW BURN AND BONE CHILLING HORROR
It's pretty funny actually.

Name one film just like this made before 1950s.

it actually looks kind of interesting, but I was just quoting the soihorror 4.0 chart that you or someone with a similarly functioning brain to you made.

would you care to explain why it’s bad (even though you haven’t seen more than 1 minute and 45 seconds of it) or perhaps give me some examples of a good horror film? or is it always just going to be worthless “lol ur a soiboy, dis moobie bad”?

not liking things doesn't make you interesting

Oh shit bros I think this is it, the LOVECRAFTIAN kino we were waiting for

Attached: tentacles.gif (1080x1920, 541K)

ummm where are the women??
this is just a movie about toxic masculinity

based

There is one in the film but i don't want to spoil it for you. Look at the poster if you want to see her.

based A24 triggerring fat incels once again

Castle Vogeloed

It just looks silly, tries too hard.
Inb4 that's Le point therefore it's good

Reminder that samefag is the one who makes onions reaction to defend capeshit... He's really projecting hard.

It's pretty funny that the same people who are calling this soi or whatever are the same who cry about there not being any masculine films anymore

Attached: 1542587260330.png (407x275, 181K)

>criticism
What criticism do you have for this movie besides the buzzwords you spam every day about every other non-Disney movie too?

You can tell by how defensive plebs are getting that they will be making a general thread when this trash comes out. Notice how the redditor didn't reply yet continued to reply to other posts.

> Dafoe
> My nigga R. Pat
> Rum swigging and old sailor tunes
> Lovecraftian vibe

Looks like kino to me.

Attached: op is a faggot.jpg (431x352, 16K)

Not even close, try again. Also no Murnau film is close to this film. So no Murnau. Go ahead now.

indeed

oof, 2 seconds

I'll see it if it's lovecraftian.

why is kino never used by people that watch actual film? Just those that watch entry level flicks after they're done their blockbusters and flavor of the month tv shows?

Shut up, tranny

I think I've seen this movie before with Gerard Butler.

>tranny
another good point
the biggest use of "kino" right now is to defend tranny propaganda like euphoria(another flavor of the month show). it's very telling

How do you know so much about what reddit likes and dislikes?

all TV shows are garbage made for casuals

He is the top contributor in r marvel.

>casuals
we call them "plebs" here, "kino" posting redditer

who cares? you retard. different people enjoy different things, I’m sorry your brain doesn’t work in a way that lets you comprehend that. I know it must be hell to live with.

>Why doesn't Yea Forums do X?

Because it's a Taiwanese hentai messaging board kek. Go outside.

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 7K)

casuals and plebs are different breeds dear tranny

someone can watch movies 24/7 and still be a pleb

I don’t care about any of that. the trailer looked interesting and it’s not jewish reboot #6593, so I have no reason to dislike it before seeing it based on the arbitrary nitpicks you have with it.

Just reading these replies you can tell who doesnt get invited to parties or engage in normal social situations. If you're so clever, why are you on your own tonight?

i don't doubt you believe that, disgusting mongoloid plebeian
>X X board
just solidifies post 2017 ideals that use "kino"
again, we call them "plebs" here, "kino" posting redditer

kino

>we
go back

stop coming to this faggot infested board and you’ll notice some light creeping back into your life

kill yourself you worthless fat sack of ugly shit.
I don’t care about this movie and I doubt I’ll even see it, but I just wanted to let you know that nobody would miss you if you finally went through with it.
kino kino kino kino kino

there that should trigger you enough to get the ball rolling

OH MOTHER

I understand you're a board jumping touristfag and that hates art, community and brotherhood(as seen by your use of kino and hate for "we"), but yes we aka everyone that's been on Yea Forums since before the invasion of you memers that hate cinema

haha insecure faggot

Fuck these pretentious movies
who else is gonna watch Hobbs & Shaw?

Attached: Hobbs-and-Shaw.jpg (875x583, 227K)

>dude it has no women surely it's le keenoh lmao
what says masculinity more than enjoying sausage fests!

I’m a big fan of Pattinson but I will say that the A24 formula of ‘slow burn suspense with an ambiguous ending’ is growing stale for me.

4:3 is an underrated ratio and superior to 1.85 or 16:9. There's literally nothing wrong with it.
black and white is a meme tho

the fact that its not a horror makes this bost doubly retarded and tryhard

The type of pleb that will go see this trash is the same type of pleb that will praise Hobbs and Shaw
It's been proven with Tarantinos latest piece of shit and it being rated highly by capeshit mongrels

>we
go back

>a24 cucks loving f&f movies
no

Why would anyone want to watch that piece of shit after Fast and Furious 8?

why are you bothered so much by a film that you feel the need to post the same thing in every thread about it?

What the fuck happened to this board?

hating smart movies and liking dumb movies in a self aware way is just reverse hipsterdom. you are arguably even more pretentious for pretending to like dumb movies

ironic shitposting and /pol/

KINO

leave aster out of this, hes 2/2 so far. eggers seems like a one trick pony though.

What what the fuck happened to this board?

>hating smart movies and liking dumb movies in a self aware way is just reverse hipsterdom
i agree
you should stop embarrassing yourself by liking dumb shit like a24 flicks

Wait what

Is this a remake

Attached: A7C1F841-7734-42F3-8C96-F4644492B94A.png (1125x2436, 3.49M)

What's his trick, making a good movie?

People like picture related made a mod insecure and as revenge he filled it up with tasteless mexican meme drones that use "kino" and think trash like a24 releases are good
all whilst pretending they aren't behind capeshit spam

Attached: jesus christ.jpg (1283x200, 58K)

>unpretentious fun action movie with meme actors isn't worth enjoying

Perhaps to prove that most retards on this website have no idea what good cintematography is and equate it with "pretty looking picutres".

I think they're both great for the genre and whatever other genre they decide to step into. I haven't actually seen The Lighthouse yet but they're both doing at least mildly refreshing things with their films. Seems like they've just joined the renaissance of horror with other dudes like Wheatley, Mitchell, and Peele. As much it pains me to mention Peele, he's sort of forced his way into the conversation, although his shit seems to be a bit more low brow.
That said, I don't think Eggers is a one trick pony.

>Would a vibrant colorful visual fit the 1890s Maine better?
not that user, but a very monochromatic and low-saturation palette (not color grading) are actually more effective to show a place as colorless and gray, as you see it in contrast to the film actually being in color.
Shooting something in black and white because "le it's all gray and dull and colorless" is a massive meme-tier gimmick and doesn't even work on a conceptual level because it doesn't establish any chromatic contrast.

But most of the pictures in that collage aren't even pretty, so I don't know who you're trying to fool

no, just a ripoff

Of course, some jaded no-nothing twat will rear his fat ass into this thread and go down the laundry list of how the film is bad, pseud, and how it's getting too much praise. Sure enough, his critiques amount to weak jabs but has this pigheaded conviction of the lack of quality that he knows about for sure but can't articulate.

Kill yourself. It's obvious this stems from insecurity

Attached: 715c17efd3ff9adf4a7d526d1da54bcc_395.jpg (395x395, 79K)

>tentacles
>LOVECRAFTIAN
fucking kill yourself you retard

None of the shots look pretty though so it defeats it purpose

a mermaid?

>black and white after 1960
>unpretentious
pick one

There talking about Hobbs & Shaw you fucking retard

yup, played by Anya Taylor Joy in a secret cameo

How is The Elephant Man pretentious?
Lynch is literally the least pretentious director in cinema history

Some people prefer to be alone outside of what is necessary. I know that might astonish you mr. party animal zoomer.

Name one film similar to The Lighthouse you fucking retard.

>my ciniphilic nature
griffithfag would devour newfaggots like you with five consecutive 2000 character posts right now if he was still here

Attached: 1520250660853.jpg (800x800, 42K)

>Lynch is literally the least pretentious director in cinema history

Attached: dont_know_if_trolling.png (552x414, 215K)

cool

not him but Vampyr

It looks interesting but the trailer is garbage.

Kek. The Lighthouse is better than both of Aster's films. Miles better. Not even a competition, Aster is decent. Eggers is a master in the making, especially if he continues making films as good as The Lighthouse.
No.
Yes, but she is not played by Anya.

Absolutely 100% sincere. Even a no name studio puppet capeshit director is more pretentious.
Every single Lynch film is as unpretentious as it can be, absolutely direct in it's intention with no "pretending" whatsoever. No "le symbolism" gimmicks or anything like that.

>Raging Bull is now pretentious just cause
this is the absolute state of Yea Forums

wtf this looks really good outside of the little sóy statements between clips.

No, not really. I guess the dreamlike atmosphere is little bit similar.

Okay so just stupid.

speak for yourself dumb faggot

>the little sóy statements between clips
What sóy statements?

Based

The black and white gimmick is always pretentious except if it's conceptually or narratively justified.

He makes simple narratives in unconventional ways, he is not pretentious at all.

Kino is back on the menu lads

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-30-12-14-49.png (1920x1080, 123K)

why are capeshit fans so threatened by this film?

>pretentious
Brainlet confirmed. Don't ever post on this board again you fucking cunt and don't you dare to respond to me you worthless piece of shit.

100% agree. And it's absolutely conceptually and narratively justified in The Lighthouse.
A film where it's not justified would be something like Roma

WOAHHH MY SOUL WILL RING

At least they didn't quote YMS

imagine being this paranoid

It's just one or 2 autistic guys. Don't mind them.

They are literally paid by Disney to spam and cry against everything non Disney.

so basically you want pretty much 1:1 the same movie but made before the 1950s

should have just said you're retarded so I don't bother replying

This

>Movie about seafaring men gone mad
>One bait post after the next until Yea Forums loses it's mind

Kino move, user. Pure pottery.

Attached: qtptj.jpg (400x400, 21K)

Prolly the same OPs of the JUMPSCARES GOOD threads

>simple narratives in unconventional ways
>not pretentious at all.
literally the definition of pretentious
his narratives pretend to be more than they are
ie aestheticism ie form>content

Is filming in Black and White pretentious and why?

have sex

OMG kino!

>horror
This isn't being marketed as a horror film you faggot

how is it justified? Because le all is gray and dull? see explain

>not justified in Roma
agreed on that

>literally the definition of pretentious
What? How is it pretending to be anything else than it is? If you want to portray a dream, is it pretentious to portray it in a non linear fashion?
>his narratives pretend to be more than they are
No, they are exactly what they are. These are not some Zack Snyder flicks, they are absolutely direct in it's portrayal with zero pretending whatsoever.

Why does filming in Black and White need to be justified?

rottentomatoes.com/critic/robbie-collin/movies
LMAO
This is your average lighthouse pleb

See and

That's not what aestheticism means. Also a film's narrative is one of the least important aspects of the whole. Plot obsessed autists should stick to books.

WHYDIDNCHA SPILL YOUR BEANS

>Reading books for plot
Fuck off nigger, maybe stick to capeshit

Why do disney shills love a24 trash so much?

Attached: llmao.png (718x152, 20K)

Because it's an active choice that strays away from convention.
Film has its own language which we call cinematic language. In a language both emitter and receiver must share the same code. That's what's considered the "conventions" of cinema. Anything that strays away from said conventions has a specific intention to it. Like, say, conventions are neutral language, and straying away from convention is like poetic language (or vulgar language, or other kinds of unconventional language). Usually, if you use unconventional language you do so with an intention. If you don't, you do it for the form in itself, which is what we define as aestheticism.
It doesn't "need" to be justified per se, but it needs to be justified if one is to consider it something else than aestheticism.

That post is a personal opinion on an aesthetic decision. There's no universal agreement that chromatic contrast is the only effective way to convey a dull or lifeless motif. Nor do we know if that was the reason the director chose to shoot in b&w.

>Likes Lion King
>Likes The Lighthouse
Okay, and?

>Also a film's narrative is one of the least important aspects of the whole.
opinion discarded

What's with the tentacle attack?

Here's the cinematographer Blaschke explaining why they picked this particular Kodak film stock
>“Two primary ideas emerged,” he says. “The first was the unsurpassed tonal range and ‘liquid’ look of a special class of developer (pyrogallol) that had its heyday at the turn of the century. The other was the hard tonal rendition of orthochromatic film, which exaggerates skin texture, atmospheric haze and brightens skies. This is because orthochromatic film can’t ‘see’ red light: ultraviolet and blue light are rendered quite light, whilst orange and red colors, such as skintones, are rendered darker. I realised that this would give a specific B&W tonal signature that would transport the viewer right to our period setting."
>"During prep, Blaschke started by testing digital footage and color negative film (KODAK VISION3 500T Color Negative Film 5219 ), both desaturated in post, alongside EASTMAN DOUBLE-X 5222 panchromatic negative. Introduced in 1959, DOUBLE-X Film5222 was used to create the moody intensity on many Hollywood features, such as Martin Scorsese’s Raging Bull (1980, DP Michael Chapman ASC) and Steven Spielberg’s Schindler’s List (1993, DP Janusz Kaminski ASC).
>“The results confirmed my hunch, that nothing approached the palette we were after quite like B&W negative film,” says Blaschke. “Rob and I saw that the blottier, murkier qualities of DOUBLE-X better-suited our misty, salty, visually-distressed film.”

>There's no universal agreement that chromatic contrast is the only effective way to convey a dull or lifeless motif.
Yes, yes there is, see in any case, assuming what you say, then the concept of using black and white to show a "gray" ambiance would be rendered m00t.
>Nor do we know if that was the reason the director chose to shoot in b&w.
Fair enough, but his intention not being clear gives me, as a receiver of his coded emission, the right to say that I don't understand it and therefore must interpret it as an aestheticist choice.

>weird
Not really

Everyone look at this contrarian pleb and laugh

Will people stop talking about why he shot in Black and White, it's the gayest fucking argument

>omg this one faggot like spiderman and will probably like the lighthouse therefore everyone itt likes spiderman
How much of a mental midget are you?
Yeah I'm sure I can scroll through reviews like a crybaby autist and find a capeshitter loving both Marvel flicks and Lawrence of Arabia, does that suddenly mean that everyone who likes Lawrence of Arabia likes capeshit?

No.

>transport the viewer right to our period setting
gimmick, not intention.

>DOUBLE-X Film5222 was used to create the moody intensity
aestheticist.
(that said, Double-X is god-tier BW film)

tl;dr they don't have an intention, just an aestheticist gimmick. My point stands.
Roma could justify the black and white with exactly the same consideration
>transport viewer to period setting
>mood

I'm not saying that, you are

what else do they have

>intention
Doesn't matter at all, the only thing that matters is the final result.

I am 100% sure you consumed more disney flicks and capeshit than me.

No one cares for your pretentioius anecdotes about Black and White film stock
>gimmick, not intention.
How is that a gimmick? He uses black and white to get into the period, that's the intention.
>Roma could justify the black and white with exactly the same consideration
No one gives a fuck about Roma, stop talking about it

>they don't have an intention
But they had an aesthetic intention.

Robert eggers should be drawn and quartered

Will there be a ten minute scene of Dafoe boiling tea?

>Roma could justify the black and white with exactly the same consideration
No it couldn't because it crystal clear crisp and Cuaron loudly said that he wanted for it to look as modern as possible, just without color.

ITT: "I took a film course at community college and know what I'm talking about"

Thank god people start shitting on this movie early.
I have never seen a more pretentious, reddity movie in the last years.

Yeah, I thought it was going to look like the typical "just desaturated" B&W movie but it actually looks like it's from the 30s, except for the film quality

I haven't seen any of those flicks you mentioned.

Reddit garbage, just make a normal film you hack piece of shit, no need to use le ole film with le ole grain and le ole authentic vintage lenses. This reddit faggot eggers or whatever needs to kill himself now

What's pretentious about it? What is it "pretending" to be?

Reminds me of that black mirror christmas special where John Hamm and Rafe Spall are two fellas at an outpost sharing their stories and it turns out they're [spoilers]criminals being interrogated in a simulation[/spoiler]
I think this will have the same twist, the lighthouse will be some supernatural purgatory state

Double X is also crystal clear and crisp, that's one of its great qualities. It just has more intense contrast.
If Cuarón was simply going for a "dull" black and white that would be just as valid as what Lighthouse is doing, which is create a certain mood. (And both would be falling into the gimmick trap.)

What if I studied a 4 year bachelor degree in film? Then do I know what I'm talking about?

and old movie, for starters

>This reminds me of Black Mirror
Stop talking

Doesn't matter if you studied film for ten years, true filmmakers are born and studyceling won't teach you shit except for the technicals

>If Cuarón was simply going for a "dull" black and white
No, he was going for the super HD pixel clear modern sleek zerp graom look with the greyscale, while The Lighthouse is going for the grainy salty abrasive look.

>true filmmakers are born

Attached: superlative_laugh.jpg (431x580, 73K)

it's LITERALLY pretending to be an old movie.
it's the epitome of style over substance. just look at no one here talks about the story, just the aesthetics.
this is the same as normalfags cream over CGI in their shitty capeshit.

>dude I watched all of those garbage corporate flicks, but it is you that is a drone lmao
what schizo mental midget gymnastics is this

And what's wrong with having the aesthetic of an old movie?

youtube.com/watch?v=rbAhU913SSk

HURRAH ME YALLER GIRLS
DOODLE LET ME GO

Double X isn't grainy you nonce. It's renowned for its extremely fine grain and high contrast.
If they wanted grain they'd have used Tri-X which is 400 speed and a bit grainier than double-x

how could anyone talk about it's story just from the trailer you dumb fuck

>style over substance. just look at no one here talks about the story, just the aesthetics.
Imagine unironically thinking story is more important than aesthetics and having the nerve to tell other people their taste is bad

>he thinks form>content
OH NONONONO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA EVERYONE POINT AND LAUGH AT THE AESTHETICIST HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA GO BACK TO THE 19TH CENTURY OSCAR WILDE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: aestheticism.jpg (800x669, 62K)

Out of all the terrible memes this board has produced I hate this one the most.

Form = content. A good director can make a great film about the most menial subject because it's how he shapes the audio/visual narrative what's important. A good writer can write a great book about the most generic thing because how he writes is what's important.

What meme are you talking about?

Honestly I can't think of any more more reddit than this, it has every single reddit trope in one movie

Attached: B488F00F-D3CA-470B-99C8-2CB4A5BFDC94.png (1024x768, 133K)

The meme of people waking up to the formulaic nature of all 'horror' movies a24 distributes. He's offended because people outed him as a pseudo intellectual redditor

How is this movie in anyway Reddit?

>Imagine unironically thinking story is more important than aesthetics

Onions wojack who expresses his love for atmospheric slow burn chillers

Reminder this mcdonalds arthouse meme is forced by a small clique of confirmed redditors, most notably Review Screw who is a well known and self admitted redditor, capeshitter and videogame connoiseur. Disregard them, it's all capeshit company wars

calling everything "kino" that isn't 0815 capeshit and pretend to be some kind of movie buff.
Yea Forums will hate this movie when it becomes succesful and liked by "normies"

It's more the fact it's a strawman being spammed ad nauseam.

You need both
it's like saying only looks matter, you don't need personality

This film will never be liked by normalfaggots.
It will be succesful though

>ad nauseam
:O!

Avatar has no aesthetic value. It's a glorified tech demo.

Good thing this isn't a horror movie

You really don't. A film is not a person.

>This film will never be liked by normalfaggots.
lmao just wait when it come to Netflix and people starting memeing the movie on instagram

You need aesthetics and a plot both reee

>Form = content

Attached: oh_wait_youre_serious.jpg (479x361, 55K)

How does that diminish the value of the movie?

Same reason Dunkirk was junk
great visuals but no story and no sense of scale at all. Felt like I was watching a small skirmish about a couple dozen soldiers. Absolutely garbage

>Futurama memes
Yep, he's retarded

Out of all the A24 slow burn yadda yadda flicks why do you guys think our epic caperedditors have chosen this one?

Because Pattinson is the new batman. Look no further, this is the reason. You'll see a lot of spam

Autism

I don't know how this movie has anything to do with scale?

Dunkirk was literally the best film of Nolan since Memento my dear plot point mental midget.

You haven't even seen the movie yet. How do you know that there will no story or sense of scale?

It never is right? Yet at the same time its the best horror movie of the decade (according to a24 shills(

Nothing at all, it's about how you need a story along with visuals

>why do you guys think our epic caperedditors have chosen this one?
Because its been hyped for months on Yea Forums

What do you think of 2001? Or Mirror?

>Dunkirk was junk
Way to expose yourself, redditeur

Just marathoned the first 30 seconds of the trailer. When does it get scary?

why is everyone talking about this movie?

>it's about how you need a story along with visuals
Why are we discussing the story when the movie isn't even out

Who is saying it's the best horror movie of the decade?

Typical contrarian shitposter
>two people talk like jackasses
>tentacle monster attack which looks hilariously bad
>singing and dancing together to help your SOUL RING
>CINEMA

>It never is right
I have no idea what you're trying to imply. The Lighthouse really isn't a horror movie

Dunkirk is garbage. You can only watch it on imax. It can't be watched on a normal tv setup

It's an actual film with no women or minorities or characters in spandex costumes so capekiddies are crying loudly.

>tentacle monster attack which looks hilariously bad
>no tentacle monster attack showed in the trailer
Why are contrarian incels so easy to spot?

Your greentext dosen't prove or disprove the existence of plot in the movie

2001? Typical Kubrick junk. Starts strong, blunders through the last act and ends on a shit note, just like EWS and FMJ. He was Nolan mixed etih schizophrenia, wasting time and money getting technical shit right and ignoring the movie lol
I don't know what Mirror is

What do you think of 2001?

Malick films have basically no plot except for Badlands and they're fucking amazing

Have you watched it on a theater?

>thinking an octopus is a tentacle monster

wtf dude there's a scene where Pattinson is wrestling with an octopus like creature inside the lighthouse. Looks like something made by Ed Wood too.

>I don't know what Mirror is
Yea Forums is really lost

He's a massive super hack. Fucks around with the visuals and people suck him off because he's not white
Well what's it doing inside a lighthouse hahaha

Yes. But after seeing it many times on a TV setup.

>comparing based Edders to autistic Nolanshit
off yourself

Oh it shows, capefriend. It fucking shows

Not my fault I don't know about garbage cheap movies

Attached: The_Mirror_2014_Boase_film_poster.jpg (214x317, 25K)

just switch the tab to the capeshit thread already

>Malick
>not white
What the fuck am I reading?

How does that prove the nonexistence of a plot in a movie that you haven't seen?

>Well what's it doing inside a lighthouse
I guess we'll have to watch the movie and find out

Perfect bait

I sincerely hope you're baiting.

Attached: zerkalo.jpg (314x445, 25K)

I find black and white movies a lot more pleasing to the eye than color movies

>hehe I was merely pretending to be a fucking plebe talking about shit I don't know about
Nice try

Attached: 1560115349378.png (888x894, 520K)

>the story itself is more important than how you tell it
Let’s test that theory:
>Once upon a time two Italian families really hated each other. One family had a son named Roemo and the other had daughter named jullet. They met each other and fell in love instantly. All of both families got real mad about this, especially the girl’s cousin who really wanted to have sex on her. They both got sad about this and decided to kill theirselfs. The end.

Goddamn those digits are prefect

>2001
masterpiece
>Mirror
Tarkovsky's? A terrible film. An aesthetic failure by every metric

>Arab named Terrance Abu Malik
>white
fuck.
Oh I know, it's a dream sequence.
Tarkovsky? Je-sus. He just makes shitty movies with muh visuals and zero story or pacing. Straight cancer

@118844698
work on your baiting more. subtle is key

Lads lads lads, you're all correct about Double-X. You can get different looks out of different films depending on your exposure, development, printing, etc. You can make Double-X look grainy and contrast-y as all hell if you use an older developer like Rodinal, high temperatures and lots of agitation. You can make it look smooth and modern with a high-tech developer (Adox Silvermax is a great fit and keeps the highlights in check) and more sensible handling. The film itself is just one piece of the puzzle. Personally, after trying a few rolls of Double X I don't care for it - it's not forgiving (at least compared to more popular film stocks) and I didn't feel it had any truly special qualities. I think a big part of it's appeal as a cinema film is the fact that it's cheap, readily available, and has a good general purpose ISO.

I’ve seen the lighthouse and it’s good

happy to take further questions on this matter

I hate that black and white is a meme. I really like the aesthetic, especially when it uses high contrast.

What is your opinion on black gentlemen engaging in group sex with petite white women who are married to a white man?

Is the Octopus fight a dream sequence?

Rate it out of 10.

Yes

don’t really have an opinion on it

Can’t really remember it to be honest
The whole film it’s ambiguous what’s real and what isn’t, assume that specially was signposted as some sort of dream or vision or something

>10
KINOS ON THE MENU BOYS

Ok just watched the trailer to see which octopus bit you were talking about
actual spoiler that might ruin your enjoyment slightly: he is actually punching willem dafoe in that shot I’m 99% sure, tentacle is a “metaphor” or something

Lovecraft niggers BTFO'D

What are some kinos plotzoomers will never understand?

Attached: kinosqatsi.gif (380x223, 13K)

Is it really in 4:3 or is it just a marketing gimmick?

The whole film is that aspect ratio (which is actually tighter than 4:3)

It's 1:19:1 i think

I got really strong fake parody trailer impression from this. Didn't look like something that will shape into an actual film. Made me wish we were getting a new Moby dick adaptation shot like this starring Willem Dafoe as Ahab. Hell, Pattinson would be fine as Ishmael too. Now that would be kino.

That's pretty cool, squareish ratios need more love

Now I wish Eggers would make an actual Lovecraft's adaptation. I think he would be better than del Toro.

So authentic!!!

I unironically will go see this pure unadulterated schlock

>wanting more remakes

>The Witch
>masterpiece of horror
>The Lighthouse
>Masterpiece of psychological thriller
Is Eggers the new Kubrick?

End your life redditor

Can you just fuck off already, faggot?

It's a great fucking relief to know I don't have to deal with any of you people in real life. I'd fucking kill myself if I had to pretend I liked you when you were around. Good god

Del Toro's script for that film is garbage. Everybody can be grateful that that project got cancelled.
The Witch was good. The Lighthouse is a masterpiece, i think Eggers is the best upcoming director right now.

How should I watch this movie? Prime me for it, user. I want to get the most out of it. Make me feel like a smart bugger for watching a 4:3 black and white movie where two dudes talk funny.

Where did you read Del Toro's script, user?

It's online, i can link it if i find it.
You should watch it in cinema. The film is really funny.

docdroid.net/2an9SiE/at-the-mountain-of-madness.pdf
Here, open it and you can read it.

I'm nonwhite, they won't release this film here. I'll have to wait for the proper 1080p release.

Do you think The Lighthouse be remembered in 50 years?

Shame. It benefits from theatrical experience.
I don't know, but it's one of the best films of the decade so it might be.

The first time I've seen this exact aesthetic replicated. The trailer makes it look and feel like some german expressionist cinema of the late 20s or early 30s.

It's not just the technical aspect of the film. The scenes from the trailer are also shot in a way that is unlike any modern movie style and the themes of the movie fit that style as well. Some people are going to complain that this is all style over substance, but that part remains to be seen. This is the most interesting movie this year so far.

bump

movie of the decade

bye bye good thread, nice thread ib
kindly conduct entrapulli gestures eh
alright Tommy

Attached: arthershelby1.jpg (564x846, 47K)

Based

Attached: thelighthouse.jpg (1206x1212, 157K)

LMAO

same

damn u retard
now son of the mask blacn n white screenshots are pure fucking kino

based frank

Faggot. Go back to your capeshit thread.

If it's another
>"Oh no something spooky happens, I bet it's that other guy, oh no the paranoia has made us mad, now we're killing each other, now we're dead, the end"
kind of horror film, then count me out.

It's the laziest attempt at a "clever" horror film.
Give me a solid haunted house/mansion/castle without cheap jumpscares instead of this pretentious shit.

Something like "The Innocents".

Attached: 1555207258887.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

Action thrillers are my favourite genre, and similarly related horror, but I've stopped watching A24 its such onions garbage.

Attached: 1405020254166.png (470x512, 32K)

this except the opposite

gonna be the best film of the year eat shit retarded fagot

Soi rage

This. Aster is one trick pony meanwhile based Eggers is 2/2.

Let's watch Hobbs & Shaw, user.

finna seethe

>Action Thriller are my favorite genre
Stick to capeshit than

pleb cope

Shut up cunt, there's lots of kino action movies

Name then

Is there a torrent of this yet?

Nope

looks great. thanks for posting the trailer - didn't know it was out yet

why would they want to be associated with a dog fucker?

Lighthouse will be kino. your loss, I guess

Hobbs & Shaw