Capeshit can't be kin-

>Capeshit can't be kin-

Attached: the-boys-in-wp.jpg (1000x562, 609K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U1wEO-pHizQ&t=500
bitchute.com/video/ysEVJ1gaX2M/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It actual sad to think that this was the universe that Zack Snyder wanted to explore, but was stuck within the confines of the characters he was given

put a sepia filter on it then and you can enjoy the snyder cut faggot

God, I want to fuck Meve so bad, she's lesbian, that's hotter, goddamnit I want to fuck her in every way, cumming in her cute and perfect smile

zach is a hack
he would have never made something this good

no

CHRISTIANITY BAD AM I RIGHT REDDIT?

Attached: 12598674986734.jpg (785x720, 33K)

Corporate Christianity is bad

t. lives in Houston which is ground zero for Joel Olsteen's bullshit

nah she's a bislut. In the comics she hires bodybuilders to double team her after getting tricked into having sex with black noir and getting blackmailed

>Osteen
Megachurches should be nuked from orbit

Attached: 1549421971440.jpg (248x157, 9K)

>Christianity is good!!! Racism is good! Hentai good! /pol/ good!! I'm a good person mommy? I'm Christian and conservative and trump supporter! I hate Mexicans like God! he's racist mommy he's like me!!

Attached: conservaCUCK.jpg (501x697, 104K)

That guy has a wife, kid, and a home. What do you have

What do the Supes represent

>in the comics
the show is nothing like the comics, in the comics, she's a slut yeah (at the end she find redemption but she dies)
Maeve in the show is a cute mommyfu, tender and cute

Homelander is way fucking better in the show. Holy shit, it's not even close.

Did Stillwell's baby die?

rent free

Got memed into watching this by Yea Forums autists.
You've become so conditioned to marvelshit you actually think anything that remotely turns the tables on it is *kino*. How far from kino is it? Well it's Netflix or Netflix equivalence, the lowest standard of all.

hollywood celebrities.

rent free

Homelander is better in the show because he is actually given something real to do as opposed to comic book Homelander who while being a complete douche isn't evil

Although it does make me wonder how they are going to work in the Black Noir reveal if TV Homelander is no an actively malicious antagonist and it at the point where comic book Black Noir would have taken action

based homelander carried this series

>everyone on Yea Forums is american and gives a shit about retarded american politics

Attached: 1563327149103.png (800x750, 106K)

inb4 100 posts about '''source material,,,
pls stop, Yea Forums, we don't care

The only capeshit kino is Kick-Ass, and the sequel sucked. Prove me wrong, protip you can't.

Attached: 220px-Kick-Ass_film_poster.jpg (220x326, 27K)

>but Zack was stuck working with well established characters
>instead of making The Boys he tried to change DC characters into something they weren't
Really makes you think how retarded he really is.

For reference Marvel really didn't change much about the core of their MCU characters. (I'm anti-MCUck btw)

Funny how they portray conservatives so badly in modern entertainment when it's historically proven it's their opposition that consistently act like fucking crazy.
Truly the age of facts don't matter.

>tips fedora

>Although it does make me wonder how they are going to work in the Black Noir reveal if TV Homelander is no an actively malicious antagonist
It will still work given comic Black Noir committed all of Homelanders atrocities accounting for the gaps in Homelander's memory

I actually like the changes from the comic book, Hughie is actually a real member of the team, grows as a character (comic book Hughie just bitched alot and never seemed to have a real reason for being kept on the team) and overall the show doesn't come off as a pre-pubescent male power fantasy that the comic did

Zack Snyder is a fucking talentless hack whos only thought process is making biblical references

only americans and brazilians care about american politics

>o, and should never be discussed by any man over the age 12

Attached: 1564239901125.jpg (1024x994, 151K)

nonamericans on this site have an obsession with america, don't even try to deny it

>He is a Christian = He is white, racist and voted for Trump
Your kind should be purged from this site.

There was an interview about Watchmen where he talked about being puzzled that fans were outraged at stuff he left out when he fought the studio hard to keep the line "god exists and he's american" and that's what was important to him

writers already basically confirmed the dumb black noir twist is not gonna be in the tv show

In the show Homelander doesn't have memory gaps (more like he just doesn't think too much about people he thinks are beneath him) and all of his actions fit his character

the left controls entertainment media. why would they pass up a chance to propagandize against conservatives? Do you really think the left is ever going to be critical of itself?

>he's a christian = he's intolerant and believes that everything is Reddit related
Your kind should be purged from this site.

>jews like harvey weinstein & jeff epstein are good!

What I mean is that you still can end with the result of Homelander being blamed for things he didn't actually do.

>LEFT CONTROL MEDIA!! AAAAA JEWS JEWS JEWS!!! CONSPIRACY!!!
bravo, Christians

Zack's vision was inferior owing to his inability to sense humor or joy. In his depictions, everything is bleak. In Boys, Raimi Spider-Man, Reeves Supes, or other quality hero movies, there's a genuine balance of human pathos: love, fear, laughter, hope. You can depict a world of awry demigods, but you have to recognize the lives of the people outside of their milieu as well. Snyder can't do that. MCU refuses to do that. The Boys does it pretty damn well and Raimi Spider-Man made the lives of others the foundation of its success. Snyder wasn't stuck owing to suits; he was stuck by his own creative limitations. I still liked his shit, though. Would have preferred MoS2 to the immediate Justice League shit.

>Hitler is good!
Back to /pol/

True, but having Homelander be punished at the end doesn't have the same effect as the show does have Homelander being actively evil. Comic book Homelander was hilariously out of touch with thinking he could take over the goverment but the villain of the comic was Vogut

Not an argument

Yes, since we all know how world turned out to be, that Hitler was definitely the worse option

Since when did this board become infested with lefshits?

>jewish pedo's are good says the liberal

I am the person who wrote this ((()))
and I am in fact a genuine unironic Jew, user.

the writers of this show are all jewish though, do you really think seth rogan is christian?

Tolerance can be shit. Not everything should be tolerated

Since when did this board become infested with trump supporters? since the elections?

It's a pretty cool line, bravo zack.

Even the first movie sucks disease ridden nigger dick. Read the fucking comic.

>OI WOT IF ME MADE BAD COPIES OF WELL ESTABLISHED SUPERHEROS BUT THIS TIME THEY ARE COMPLETELY FUCKED AND DO ALL SORTS OF SICK STUFF
>OI WOT IF ALL THESE HEROS ARE HIRED BY THE SAME COMPANY WHO'D RATHER SPEND GORILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO BRIBE PEOPLE THAN TO PUT A SYSTEM IN PLACE THAT ACTUALLY PUNISHES THEM FOR DOING SICK STUFF
>OI WOT IF THESE HEROS ARE SEEN AS HEROS BY THE PUBLIC TOO PLUS NO NEWS OUTLET WOULD REPORT THAT CAPTAIN MEXICO MAIMED ANOTHER ELDERY COUPLE DESPITE THE FACT THAT SUCH A HEADLINE WOULD PROBABLY GETS YOU READERS LIKE CRAZY

>OI WOT IF IM DOING MY JOB BEING A DIRECTOR OF A SHOW AND BEING PAID FOR IT

Except this isn't Ennis's childish interpretation, and the Supes are actually relatable people.

Yea Forums is counterculture, first and foremost
i'm sorry you had the daily show as your only source of information and that you found your way here from reddit during the obongo years

The core problems remain the same. Every news outlet in the world would report it if a hero was out of line. No company would simply stand by while the people working for them do fucked up shit that costs them a fortune.
In short, adapt half decent material. Irredeemable wasn't too bad.

>counter-culture
>most arguments boil down to "other people are getting laid and I'm not and that makes me feel bad"

Attached: 1499642315874.jpg (1279x881, 134K)

Based Hypelander

>The show explores the idea that hero worship is dangerous and the way that corporations utilize them is sketchy
>The sponsored superheroes are a million times more interesting than the Boys, who feel like made-for-tv Expendables.
Were the comics like this too? Urban's kind of fun but I feel myself waiting through all of the Boys' scenes.

The point is that Superheroes don't actually do anything as they are mostly actors whose "image" is all corporate bullshit made to boost popularity. As shown in the plane hijacking episode, having the ability to fly and shoot lasers doesn't make someone qualified to perform a hostage rescue

>ywn have queen maeve as your gf

Attached: queen maeve_250.gif (245x159, 556K)

>and your going to stop with the pray the gay away bullshit too
you fags really love your netflix social justice programming don't you?

Homelander could have saved them all, but he wanted to kill them. He also knew that all of them getting killed would still net the result the company wanted, so he'd get to have his cake and rape it too.

>snyder cant do that
watchmen. Retard

He just got married to a qt Dutch grill

Attached: F6A812B3-703E-44AA-8979-5C544A4CD0ED.png (800x894, 41K)

>Homelander could have saved them all, but he wanted to kill them.
Unsubstantiated.

He didn't know how to fly a plane and couldn't get them all off in time, even leaving witnesses to his botched rescue would make him look incompetent thus making the company and most importantly him look bad

Homelander's motivations is all geared towards getting people to love him and it is the only thing his powers cannot grant him thus him bailing on the plane makes sense when his personality is considered

You think if Tom Cruise decides to stop 9/11 and the plane crashes people wouldn't be upset?
Also, the company was so fucking inconsistently dumb it hurts. Their goal was to use the heros in military operations but didn't even bother to train them. Yes, a guy that shoots lasers is useful but only if he isn't a fuckwit. And don't pretend they didn't have the money for training, or the brainpower to realise that they need training.
They can build a special unit that kills kids without remorse, training the heros should be a cakewalk. The more I read this comic the more I was convinced Ennis is an idiot

i only watch 300 movie including bvs so i really dont know his style of directing, so what kind of plot story will happened in dceu if snyder did not leave the dc's feige position ?

>The Boys
>Kino.
Nah. It's a degenerate and immoral series. Exactly what I expect out of (((hollywood))).

>Its on a streaming service, It must be bad
Fucking boomers, when will they learn

He can control his eye beams enough where he didn't have to kill the pilot, and he can move fast enough to stop the terrorist before he'd have shot him in the head. Knowing that Vought would benefit more from a tragedy than a rescue, he did the right thing for the company.

Source?

The company wants to make money by selling popular "heroes". Being a soldier is a completely different skillset from being a celebrity whose goal is to be in the spotlight.

Homelanders muscle suit looks really silly

>it's got superheroes in it but it subverts the things I know about superheroes!

Attached: 1556450916439.gif (326x192, 41K)

He didn't plan this shit beforehand. He laser beamed the terrorist because he liked laser beaming people. He spun the story to benefit Vought after the fact.

Learn english goddamn

He already went through all the reasons he couldn't save them all, though. He'd fucked up and already knew there was no helping those people. He just rolled with it and made it work.

In the comics they wanted them for military operations.
Also if you want your guys to be heros (aka good people) make sure they don't get to be psychopaths and rapists. Have some kind of system which discourages that behaviour

Ok gramps

>Anti DC propaganda
Hmmmmm

Kick Ass is great but it turns into an unironic superhero movie in the third act. Its very feel good, but to the detrimine of the adaptation of the comic.

Why did Butcher kill the baby

Nah, The Boys themselves are definitely the weakest part of the show. Hopefully they keep the focus on Homelander next season, he’s by far the most interesting one.

Kick-Ass is a case of an adaptation actually deviating from the source material to make a all around better story though. Everything they removed or changed from the comic was a straight up improvement.

You are implying he is even aware. You are forgetting that Homelander never actually comes up against someone who can challenge him, just thugs with guns in scenarios where it can simply blast them away. His constant use of his eye lasers in the show is a sign that he is very complacent and sees his job as simply a PR guy rather than a hero with actually responsibilities. Unlike all the other heroes that had actual lives and experiences before joining the Seven, Homelander was born in a lab and raised to be the face of a large corporation with no real motivation to be a "hero" at all

>Ok gramps
Not an argument though I see how you teenagers would think that it is.

You must have been watching a different series. His beams cut right through that guy and straight on to the plane controls.

When he kills the mommy he controlled his heat vision to where it just burned her head and didn’t go out the other end.

>the boy-gets-the-girl ending is a good thing

I don't think so. It makes me want to watch a solid DC film more than ever. The scenes in the first episode where Homelander was pretending to be good really made me hungry for a good Superman flick.

Did you have your glycerin pill today pops?

The comics also show that other than simple search and rescue stuff, heroes don't actually do any actual crimefighting. Vogut purposely keeps heroes from getting into situations where they might be seen as incompetent

You're missing the point. see

im sorry user im a mainland chinese that move out to hong kong for a while so my english bad

hmmmf! ACKCHULLY! He melted her brain through her eyes. *adjusts glasses*

Well put. I agree with pretty much everything.

Okay, maybe not that small specific part. The way the comic handled that subplot was pretty underwhelming too though, basically just a shock gag.

But removing the stupid Big Daddy reveal and streamlining some of the villain stuff was an improvement, as well as toning down some of Millar's trademark edge.

So what will they do with Butcher in S2? My theory is he refuses to believe that she cheated on him with Homelander, and tries to "rescue" her from him by continuing his campaign against superheroes

just add bullet time and a sepia filter, your welcome

动态网自由门天安门天安门法轮功李洪志Free Tibet 六四天安门事件The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安门大屠杀The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派斗争The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大跃进政策The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人权Human Rights 民运Democratization 自由Freedom 独立Independence 多党制Multi-party system 台湾台湾Taiwan Formosa 中华民国Republic of China 西藏土伯特唐古特Tibet 达赖喇嘛Dalai Lama 法轮功Falun Dafa 新疆维吾尔自治区The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 诺贝尔和平奖Nobel Peace Prize 刘暁波Liu Xiaobo 民主言论思想反共反革命抗议运动骚乱暴乱骚扰扰乱抗暴平反维权示威游行李洪志法轮大法大法弟子强制断种强制堕胎民族净化人体实验肃清胡耀邦赵紫阳魏京生王丹还政于民和平演变激流中国北京之春大纪元时报评论共产党 独裁 专制 压制 统一 监视 镇压 迫害 侵略 掠夺 破坏 拷问 屠杀 活摘器官 诱拐 买卖人口 游进 走私 毒品 卖淫 春画 赌博 六合彩 天安门 天安门 法轮功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 刘晓波动态网自由门

WHYD THEY GIMP THE BOYS LADS?

They were fucking terrifying in the cartoon books, here they're just so passable barely competent.

My theory is his whole motivation went down the shitter and his character is essentially dead in the water no matter how they try to spin it

>toning down some of Millar's trademark edge is a good thing

>John Romita Jr.
Even back when I was 100% on the dick of the American comics industry, I fucking hated this dude. He can shove those crazy sausage fingers he draws down his own urethra.

im in hongkong dumb not in china

>showdown with a-train finally
>think it'll be a kino battle
>he just has a heart attack

They aren’t even doing the regular people vs Superpowers thing right, all their fights have them winning through only pure luck or relying on someone with powers to save them

its not that bad. its not kino either but then again few things are in this day and age

They beat Translucent fair and square

>>he just has a heart attack
shouldn't have eaten all that fried chicken before the fight.

That won’t be true for much longer, Pooh bear is gonna crack down hard

Yea and how will Vought move forward now that Madelyn is dead? Who's gonna take over as VP? And so I guess S2 is supposed to be Homelander getting his wish and fighting Super Jihadis for the military?

Because in the comics, the Boys where just edgy superheroes without costumes. Taking away thier powers increases the risk to your protagonists and forces you to make creative ways for your main characters to solve problems

Much better than the comics BUTCHER BEATS UP A SUPERHERO WHILE SPOUTING EDGY ONE LINERS WRITTEN BY A 12 YEAR OLD

>They aren’t even doing the regular people vs Superpowers thing right
What happens in the comics

Yeah, it is actually. Millar is kind of on the borderline of being a hack. Some good ideas, but really needs someone else to act as a filter.

How is Butcher gonna kill Sonlander?

The Boys are on compound V and can essentially stomp anyone except Homelander and Black Noir (Homelander's clone)

The comic is pretty much Ennis having a good idea but not having anyone to filter his edgy powerfantasy bullshit like points out

Yeah there's nowhere he can really go now, it's weird that they did this.

Seriously, how would they even be able to beat someone like A-Train or Homelander without prior planning? The barely beat translucent, and they got lucky.

This is unironically a more interesting take than Watchmen.

>The Boys are on compound V
Only in the comics.

>0 sex or lew scenes in the entire fucking show
why

>Yeah it's capeshit but it's ok because it's EDGY and it SUBVERTS EXPECTATIONS!!!

It serves to give Butcher a character arc as he now has to reevaluate his purpose in life

In the comic the only thing that changes is that he learns that he should have hated Black Noir instead of Homelander

>he didn't skipped the muh cristians bad scenes and just saw the homelander scenes in that episode
lmao it was so obvious what they would do

God I love Homelander

Attached: 1564500301954.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

Upvoted

I kept thinking "where the fuck have I seen this guy before he sure looks familiar" then I realized he was the sheriff in banshee

The Phantom, The Shadow, Burton Batman, Spider-Man 1 and 2 and Daredevil directors cut are kino. Daredevil seasons 1 and 2 are the most kino of them all

Attached: kaluta_1976_shadow_masterofmen.jpg (1000x1600, 197K)

It was made by Seth Rogen. What else would you expect from the "dude weed" guy

>getting low metacritic and rotten tomatoes scores
>better praise it

yes im actually feel more safe in xi jinping as my ruler than you western faggot with lgbt bullcrap

Ennis' only good books were The Boys and The Darkness, and even then when someone else took over The Darkness it got substantially better.

It's tragic how Christianity is constantly looking at outside threats instead of the degeneracy within. Especially the shitty sects that besmirch the image of all Christians by association. Part of the reason there are as many atheists is because they were exposed to the worst of that shit as their first impression

Its meh. It could be great but, its just mediocre.

since the beginning newfag

Styx is married now.

Hey what the FUCK was up with the flies in the show?

There were two instances of a fly flying in front of a character and making a distinct buzzing noise.

I figured they would explain it in the end, but nope, never mentioned.

>Daredevil seasons 1 and 2 are the most kino of them all
>season 2
>kino
I hope you made a typo and wanted to write 3

Not even close. Zack actually perceives the chained colossus of individual might vs society in the light of objectivism. He sees dangerous people with almighty powers but humanizes them in a way The Boys completely and utterly demonizes. Seth Rogen just sees it all as random and violent enough for the rampant nihilistic modern consumer society.

Attached: 1552094784490.jpg (675x1200, 58K)

I think its Black Noir spying on Homelander

Did you even watch the show? All the Super people have distinct motivations and personalities that drives them to do what they do

You could easily add that into the second season. Hell have a full season of homelander being a dad. Then black noir videotapes himself killing and eating homelanders son and butchers wife then sends it to cia. Butcher gets rage back homelander starts losing it trying to figure out why he did that.

It was a rare example of subversive counter culture media that criticizes the left. It isn't often that gets past the censors, especially on lefty Bezos's own streaming service. The left has a totalitarian control of media. Really did a good job of satirizing lefty environmentalist figures like The Deep especially, and showing the darker broken side of LGBT figures like Maeve instead of portraying all LGBT characters as flawless figures of perfection. We probably won't get a pro-conservative show past the censors ever again.

Attached: 932CAA74-9462-45A1-B3D1-AD5B2466355F.jpg (800x684, 88K)

Yeah, and they all sound like absurd and over the top.

>All the Super people have distinct motivations and personalities that drives them to do what they do
no they don't. They're shit people, because the plot asks them to be. Their motivations weren't explained.

-The Deep is an environmentalist who no one understands because they think his powers are a joke and don't actually think he can "talk to fish"

- A Train is the aging athlete who puts his entire self worth into being the "fastest man alive" and doesn't want to admit he is getting older and that someone else might catch up to him

-Translucent is perceived to be a perverted voyeur but has more understanding about people than anyone else as he can watch people how they are when they think no one else can see them

-Maeve is an older version of Starlight who has been in the game too long and has to sacrifice everything about herself to fit a corporate image years of this has led to her becoming an alcoholic

-Homelander is truly the "alien" as there is nothing about him that is genuine, born and raised to be the face of a global corporation to him being a "hero" was always an act from the beginning. His motivations are to be loved by the people regardless of what he must do as it is the only thing he cannot get with his powers. Fear is easy, love is not

>The Deep is an environmentalist
so that's why he rapes women?
>Homelander motivations are to be loved by the people
so that's why he kills people?

he rapes, but he saves...

>so that's why he rapes women?
"""Rape"""
Starlight sucked his dick for a job, she's a prostitute not a rape victim.

>>The Deep is an environmentalist
so that's why he rapes women?

He wants to feel respected and someone with authority, his bullshit to Starlight about "being number 2" is literally just that

>Homelander motivations are to be loved by the people
so that's why he kills people

Homelander will do anything to be the hero even if he needs to create the very situations that would require someone like him in the first place. Needing love but not returning it is the very essence of a sociopath

I swear you guys who can't understand subtext without needing everything broken down to you is why you get shit like Female Thor and Ironwoman

>rape
no, Starlight didn't even investigate if The Deep was telling the truth, and she at that time believed that the superheroes were good, she must have run away to complain to Homelander or Stillwell, she still believed that they were all good, but no, she sucked his cock without a doubt

>no, Starlight didn't even investigate if The Deep was telling the truth
that's was stupid af. For someone who supposedly listened to a police scanner half her life that was a really naive move.

In a small town in flyover country where nothing happens

The Seven are closer to the Avengers with the amount of debauchery they partake in

We are not tho

It's hilarious how the Seven are still more likeable than the Avengers. It's so refreshing to see capeshit without 80 fucking bazingas in every fight scene. Hoping that the interest in this show will get us some slightly more genuine superhero stuff. Should be a giant wake-up call to DC, at least.

Lmao incel cope

>watching capeshit

So the Aquaman rip off is a shit person because lack of respect
Superman rip off has mommy issues
Wonder Woman rip off is just bored with life
Flash rip off is just some drug addict who uses an excuse of not being the fastest guy alive to feed his junkie habit
Invisible man rip off is a pervert because who knows why

This is considered quality writing by this board.

start of ep 8 was kino.

Attached: 1564072696087.jpg (712x695, 296K)

this
I actually gave a damn about the characters in the movie

Prove it

shes only the head of that floor the GUSS guy from breaking bad is the boss, he would would be perfect as comic book still well

>A powder form of Compound V called "Blue", is taken by prostitutes and gives them super durability for a short period of time so that they will not suffer any injuries when having sex with a superhero.

Attached: manlet stilts.jpg (450x742, 167K)

i like you

Attached: download.png (225x225, 10K)

dont forget
watchmen, man of steel, batman v superman, super, kick ass, punisher,

every single thread, it is when they are lying or talking about trash or shit ffs just a gag

youtube.com/watch?v=U1wEO-pHizQ&t=500

>Savage created a replica of the Iron Man movie suit worn by actor Robert Downey, Jr.

Attached: strange curve in the shin part of the suit LOL.jpg (1345x649, 93K)

>so that's why he kills people?
killing people is the time proven way to become a hero. just have to kill the right people.

the same people saying this is good are the ones saying the capeshit tv shows before it are good
you can't be trusted after that you underage faggots

to make us want her more

Attached: file.png (780x440, 447K)

this show is just watchmen for edgy rick and morty audience
I could stomach just two episodes of it

Attached: 1559355988530.gif (320x240, 2.58M)

>it subverts the things I know about superheroes!
usually I'd agree that just subverting expectations isn't enough to make a show good, but the fucking fact that they took every single thing so fucking far makes it awesome. Watching the entire cast go batshit insane one episode at a time on screen is amazing to watch

i hate all the other cape shit tv shows but i like this

he was trying to kill himself once he realized that homelander was actually untouchable and invincible

I can't stand CWshit, of any kind. It's irredeemable shit. I thought the first and third seasons of Daredevil were solid. Everything else is mediocre to bad. Zero interest in stuff like Titans or Gotham, looks barely above CW-tier.

That saying, the Boys is okay. Worth watching if you're into that kind of thing, but nothing worth going out of your way over.

Funny how these decontructions always come off more juvenile than the source material.

>I need my characters to be Mary Sue quip machines in order for me to like them

This is why you are getting Iron woman and female Thor

>The Boys are on compound V and can essentially stomp anyone except Homelander and Black Noir (Homelander's clone)
didn't they also get shitstomped by Stormfront and even some third-rates like the G-Men? it seemed the only reason they (other than Female and the Frenchman) actually win is either going up against literal who tier superheroes or fighting dirty against the ones actually worth a fuck like Payback. the Seven in the comics basically got themselves killed through their own ego and idiocy.

It could've been a kino, if the main character wasn't a cuck looking young Dwight Dwight Schrute, for the nerdy audiences to self-insert as. His entire role in that show is all filler.

bitchute.com/video/ysEVJ1gaX2M/

It’s always the same.
>Take common super hero archetype
>Make them act like complete assholes for reasons
>’Wow these heroes are so realistic’

I feel sorry both for the people that create these stories and the people that lap it up. Is their world view so jaded that a Superman figure is impossible in terms of morality?

That is the entire point, the main character starts off as a beta manchild who lives with his dad and likes superheroes but grows up and accepts the adult world

making Hughie a dipshit burger was a fucking crime, Highland Laddie was kino and genuinely captured the feel of living in rural Scotland. they should've gotten Jack Lowden or another 30-something looking Scottish actor instead of some seppo.

Manchild detected

i understand the shills are at full force right now, but is this show any good?
should i waste my time on 10 episodes of this instead of watching 5 movies?

god damn she is lovely

Styx married way up.

SHES SO HIIIIGGGHHHH HIGH ABOVE ME SHES SO LOVELY

Imagine being this brain dead. Deep, after sexually assaulting someone, is shockingly then treated as a genuinely sweet and sympathetic character for the show. The reason for Superman’s mommy issues are set up pretty extensively, and he even overcomes them by the end. The other 2 are all right too, even though invisible man was pretty much just a throwaway hero.

In the comic, BlackNoir was supposed to fly the airliner once it was secured. But he fell.

This but unirronically

Imagine Justice League but they're all assholes with real-life consequences.

>report negatively about super heroes owned by a multi billion dollar company
>lose hundreds of millions of dollars when ads are pulled from your network as a result

Zack would have found a way to ruin it somehow.

It's for the best.

It’s 8 episodes and it’s a pretty unique and fun show IMO.

also imagine having to fight off lawyers backed by bribed judges with 50 million in each person's pocket
you'd get ruined for slandering their company in legal fees

>they're all assholes
more like they're all fucking sociopaths

You mean if the justice league was made up of real people who’s flaws are amplified by the powers they have

Imagine if the Disney corporation had real superheroes and ran the Avengers as a for-profit corporation, charging fees to cities to save them, selling merchandise, and faking heroics for marketing purposes, and basically doing what Disney would actually do.

Yes, not to mention they were about to get shitkicked by the G-Men before Vought and Red River stepped in.

>all assholes

Daily reminder that Deep is a kind person and only sexually assaulted people as an attempt to feel powerful when the company treated him like a joke

All he wanted was dolphin blowhole

Oh you mean the movie that's shot for shot the same as the comic it was based on?

Honestly, it's pretty pathetic. The show acts like it's a critique on power-fantasies but Hughie is such a clear power-fantasy of a Hollywood producer/writer type.
>Be a dorky guy, but have lots of hidden talent and genius, like Woody Allen
>So much more "decent" than all these Christians and jocks
>Win over beautiful blonde star with your awkward "everyman" charm like Dustin Hoffman

I genuinely felt bad for the deep

>Show literally devolves into hero worship with starlight at the end of the series

It will be generic capeshit next season, it will be about good heroes vs bad heroes. Some shit fucking cliched story about discrimination and that you shouldn't discriminate against ubermensch.

Literally all semi-popular male youtubers get girlfriends WAY above their league.

I've always felt an issue with ennis' work is portraying antiheroes as significantly more competent or capable than the actual villains.

The protagonist needs to be redeemable in some way, either as an underdog or through moral conviction.

If the protagonist is an asshole *and* more threatening than the villains, the conclusion of the story lack catharsis, as it is no longer a story of overcoming, and is thus unrelatable except as a bland revenge fantasy.

Like the preacher for instance (the comic). Herr starr becomes a joke (losing a leg to cannibals, getting his penis bitten off by a dog), so his ultimate defeat feels meaningless.

Sonlander, not the clone which was cut, will be the one who injures Homelander enough for him to be killed.

And what was that throwaway line “Nobody wants to fuck the writer”? Writers are drowning in pussy, maybe not starlet-tier (though they frequently do) but there are plenty of women who think hack writers are sensitive artists and throw themselves at them. Worst line in the show tbqh killed my immersion.

Attached: image.jpg (803x688, 255K)

I've been pretty bored with this up until the point where he wields the super baby as a laser weapon.
So just fast forward to episode 5

> the president of the united states of america
> counterculture
wat

I thought the worst line in the show was Billy Butcher's Rick and Morty speech.

>"Okay, so you think God planned Robin's death? That was the act of divine intervention?"
>Robin's death was the inciting incident that started The Boys' having an edge on the Seven

Is this the power of atheistic logic?

I watched the first episode, and don't know if I should keep going.

Watchmen did the same thing some 30 years ago. Watchmen made the point that superheroics can't fundamentally change the world, because they are fundamentally flawed human beings (or indifferent gods in the case of dr Manhattan). The point the boys and Ennis seem to be making is that superheroes can be pieces of shit.

It's not really capeshit. I don't say capeshit to movies such as the Raimi trilogy or the Tim Burton Batman movies. The MCU and the DC that tried to copy it gave a very bad rep for superhero movies. They can be fantastic if done right, but this quippy cringy shit in every single one of these new bred capeshit movies ruins the genre as a whole.

I think they're pretty different. The Boys is mostly a critique on capitalism, whereas Watchmen was an exploration of different philosophical debates and thought experiments using superheroes as the characters. There was also some social commentary on things like nuclearization.

It would have been irredeemable shit like everything he does

So far I don't have any issues with changes, and I think that a lot of characters (Terror, Dakota Bob, etc) are going to show up in later seasons as long as the show goes on. It's a solid start and we'll see where it goes.

He looks like a mix of Dwight and Bill Hader

Other than heroes being flawed humans Watchmen and The Boys are very different thematically. Also the show seems to be doing away with Ennis’s “Le superheroes are the real villains” shit and making them all incredibly sympathetic

If anything the show is making a bigger to do about commercialization and showing what that does to heroes who actually want to do good.

that fight was fucking stupid did he not expect to be caught on security camera? what the fuck

The dark knight

Maeve is a semen demon, I want to die eating her ass

Literally a show written for edgy 14 year olds. Get some fucking taste, manchild.

cameo of "the crimson bolt" when!

Attached: the crimson bolt and boltie.jpg (738x369, 46K)

>what if superheroes were morally dubious douchebags?

Wow, I didn't get enough of that with The Ultimates, Watchmen, and to a lesser extent, Kickass and Brightburn. What an amazing original idea.

This show is shit.

but the only one who is super in watchmen is dr manhatten, the rest of them are normal dudes

I want to _____ Starlight.

Attached: starlight03.jpg (723x408, 27K)

forget about

Punch

Why couldn't Homelander save the plane again? Does he not have super strength? Just fly gently under the plane and lift the nose up, or carry it down to the ground.

I'm only on episode 3, does she do something that would make me think she is anything but PURE

Maeve is such a realistic female character, she fucking hates Homelander but has to deal with his shit because he's the head chad

And stand on what? Air?

> Just fly gently under the plane and lift the nose up
He mentions something about being unable to steer it correctly, which seems plausible. "Pushing" a plane, which is tailored to stay in the air with a certain wing-angle, would veer it off balance, destabilizing it and causing a rapid change in course.

There's an upper limit to his strength and if he miscalculated, he'd tear the plane apart. The truth is that he was probably capable of saving all of them, but it was better to leave no witnesses than to risk fucking up and leaving some witnesses.

>what is thrust (which Homelander must generate in order to fly)
Have you never heard of rocketry?

He didn't want people to know he fucked up the rescue, doing that george bush speech on the beach was better PR
Remember Vought doesn't want their heroes being viewed as anything less than perfect

I mean he's clearly the Superman analogue in terms of powers. Superman has saved tons of planes. And I didn't get the standing thing, I mean he's flying so he's generating propulsion.

How would he fuck up the rescue if he just carried the plane gently down to the ground?

Shazam held a bus grabbing it by the windows, is fiction, fucking fiction, in real life his hands would have broken the windows like paper and the bus would also have fallen and people would have been crushed against Shazam's super strong body

They mention it in the comics that they only fight against people they know they can beat.

Gmen was just a numbers game and they didn't really have a way out of that one.

Even when butcher goes in to fight homelander in the comic he's under no illusion of winning, only that he might make a scratch on him so bullets might work on him, and so the army might stand a chance.

>Superman has saved tons of planes.
That doesn´t make doing so realistic. A passenger plane is not designed to tolerate sudden, rapid changes in direction (i.e. changes in the force exerted upon its hull and wings), and it is nigh-on impossible to keep in balance without the "wheel" (connected to complex electronics and hydralics) found in the cockpit.

Its just the reason he gives in the show moron, that's a direct quote.

I kinda felt bad for her, you know she wants to change and go back to her lover, but she is already way too deep on this game and there is no going back.

I am well aware, moron. You, however, did not make reference to that when displaying your stupidity by failing to understand the concept of thrust.

I think as long as he matched the speed of the plane, and then de accelerated the plane slowly, he could have saved those people.

She's the worst character with Hughie

Dick punch her fart box.

>Capekino
Dark knight trilogy
Logan
Daredevil seasons 1 and 3
The boys
Winter Soldier
Days of Future Past

Is there anything else?

Attached: image.jpg (999x768, 285K)

>dem replies
Oh how the tide has turned. Feels good.

>imagine superheroes are actually assholes
reddit bait: the show

Antony Starr needs a fucking Emmy for this.

Attached: chadlander.png (2518x1280, 274K)

that's a David Bowie line, isn't it?

Winter Soldier doesnt belong in that list
its good by Marval standards but its not good by any other measure

BASED

Iron Man

The most relatable character since bladrunner

Attached: ourguy.webm (1920x1080, 2.76M)

newfag

Attached: 244pmih.jpg (593x399, 28K)

Go back

every episode was great. really surprised with how good it is. I hope homelander sticks around for the entirety of the series.

Queen Maeve said when she was 23 you could bounce a quarter off her ass.
>muhdik

He couldn't. The characters are obviously superheroes, but the show is obviously going on a more realistic aspect. And even if he could, I doubt he gave enough fuck to do it. Remember in the prior scene when he ponders on why he is taking orders from humans? He seems extremely apathetic towards everything, and no wonder - the guy is at the top on everything with pretty much nothing to do or anyone who could challenge him.

Made me want to try it.

cuddle
i also really dont understand why everyone is hating on her

Her plotline is boring

I'm sure he could, but he didn't give a shit about them and probably already realized how good the crash would be for the company.

Based reply

>it's capeshit but different!

Attached: 1555978249628.jpg (378x378, 28K)

She isn't fucking niggers and that's confusing.

OH FUCK IT IS

I didn’t think so. Plus she’s a cute

Yes.

I like her too. Way less insufferable than fucking Syd in Legion.

I felt sorry for the fish guy

That smile... that damned smile

Attached: the-boys-homelander-airplane-scene[1].jpg (1200x800, 79K)

he’s a rapist

>every coalburner pays the toll
>the main negro has a black wife and child, and hates typical nigger shit
This show is practically nazi propaganda. Why does the left like it?

How? She agreed to it.

Why was he shaving himself
I'm too brainlet to understand

>we need Bradley Cooper but he said no

You're supposed to. Even rapists are human.
Nervous breakdown combined with a desire to change.

Extortion is already a crime and to get sexual favors from extortion is also considered rape.

>we need Bradley Cooper but with a symmetrical face

Bradley Cooper is a jewish-like rat. The guy they picked is far more handsome.

>we need Bradley Cooper but better

fucking hell this show is good

Attached: The.Boys.1-8-4.webm (1920x1080, 2.99M)

Comics Vaught had a history of making substandard military equipment, why would their heroes be any different?

>we need Bradley Cooper but with an unfucked face and the ability to act

No way this is true, he can have a wife I can't?? Even when I defend most of women, I think women love dickheads like him

here’s your basedlander

Attached: 85B7C675-B801-46BA-9F29-AC22F553F8F1.jpg (193x261, 7K)

Attached: The.Boys.1-3-6.webm (1280x720, 3M)

Where? In Muttmerica? I'm sorry, but he asked her for a blowjob and she agreed to it. All the rest of that shit is just mumbo jumbo. This is like those roasties who bitched about Harvey Weinstein when they fullingly well whored themselves out.

Nah, that sympathy angle was forced. It all comes to a head only after Starlight gets there and then he gets sexually assaulted and just doesn't fight back

cuz im an assman

Attached: The.Boys.1-3-5.webm (1920x1080, 2.97M)

i hope they have a 1950s style middle class American family

Head pats

Attached: The.Boys.1-8-3.webm (1280x720, 3M)

nice ree and/or bad bait

We can't let this happen

give a glowey eyed orgasm to

nice, did she do that on purpose?

I’m a dirty pig who likes to eat ass.

:3

>ywn get paid to cozy up in Lizzie Shue's bosom

Yeah, she just likes cucking black supes

Spent forever trying to figure out where I'd seen this guy before.
Turns out my little sister had a poster of him on her bedroom wall.

why does he wear the hat? is he?

You know it is true, roastie. He didn't put a gun to her head, he only threatened her with her job. And as far as I'm concerned, that doesn't give her the right to go on with it and claim rape afterwads.

you think it was 1 take? Also I can’t tell if I like homelander or the deep better. everything surrounding the deep was both tragic and hilarious at the same time. any time he tries to save a sea creature. “Trash back on the beach”

Attached: The.Boys.1-3-4.webm (1920x1080, 2.99M)

She just claimed he shoved his dick in her face. She didn't publicly mention rape.

interview

have sex

Attached: datass.jpg (610x412, 45K)

"pure" Starlight

Attached: The.Boys.1-7-6.webm (1920x1080, 2.99M)

holy shit all the cuts jesus

Attached: The.Boys.1-7-5.webm (1920x1080, 2.98M)

>guy's head explodes and brains shoot out
>no blood
What?

Sex with white males is pretty fucking pure for the industry.

he still has a career? kek

>ywn have sex with starlight let alone give her an eye glowing orgasm
i could actually die right then and there cause I doubt I’d feel any more like a man

>Zack Snyder wanted to explore, but was stuck
he literally too dumb for that

He's finally free from the vice grip of Kingdom Hearts.

Attached: The.Boys.1-3-3.webm (1920x1080, 2.59M)

it’s edited, sped up, and a scene where it’s intentionally shot to simulate being on drugs

Attached: The.Boys.1-7-3.webm (1280x720, 3M)

This. Bad cuts only happened whenever Maeve fought.

when does queen maeve get BLACKED and turned straight again

first webm I made for this show

Attached: The.Boys.1-4-1.webm (1920x1080, 2.99M)

Getting blacked doesn't bode well for women in this show.
Still makes me chuckle.

It happens in every scene that a woman fights in everything I've seen. It's pretty funny, actually

Attached: The.Boys.1-3-1.webm (1920x1080, 2.99M)

what an asshole, why would he do that?

does the retard superhero group make an appearance? is tek knight there?

Attached: The.Boys.1-1-2.webm (1920x1080, 2.99M)

Based slav cucking turbonigger and getting his mind blown by hot ass.

DAT ASS

It's okay. Feels like they squashed three seasons into one. Plus the "pretty God fearing mid-western girl travels to New York then three days later denounces her faith after blowing fish boy" trope is a bit worn out.

Tek knight was mentioned but not shown yet. Hopefully he opens season 2. Running around trying not to fuck everything would be a great opener.

Attached: The.Boys.1-7-2.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

She still went to church. Smart enough to blame people instead of God for bad shit people do. Smarter than the comic version.

>gets blown by starlight
and they expect me to feel sorry for him?

Attached: The.Boys.1-5-2.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

Attached: The.Boys.1-8-2.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

Starlight is a sticc though. Do kinda feel bad for him