The Lighthouse | Official Trailer HD | A24

youtube.com/watch?v=Hyag7lR8CPA

Attached: lighthouse.jpg (1200x800, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6cDj1T-7KaA
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/slow friggin/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/(1986, Lopushansky)/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octopus_wrestling
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why'd ya feed your Sneed?

Looks good, now we just gotta wait, again

This movie looks too good to be true. It's like every single kino ingredient put into a blender
There has to be some catch

Attached: 1543687139487.png (895x827, 334K)

October isn't that far away.

absolute kino

Attached: soiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii (680x315, 203K)

next week is wagie wagie time

dafoe might absolutely eat up pattinson in this

You know what's funny?

I can snap and kill every motherfucker on this board if we met IRL.

Seriously, think about it. I'd have your windpipe crushed, your nose flattened, your teeth shattered, your fingers snapped, your ribs broken, your pelvis pulverized, and your eyes gouged out before you would even know what's happening.

You guys talk big shit. Watch yourselves, cucks.

Attached: file.jpg (1010x1200, 162K)

I'm hyped

The catch is you'll never be able to talk about it on Yea Forums without that one guy derailing the thread with wojaks

>getting upset because people are looking forward to a movie

Attached: 7546456587854.png (910x608, 86K)

I liked The Witch because it was entertaining and didn't go into too much pretentious self indulgent bullshit. You don't need to be an arthouse kinographer fag to enjoy it.

Damn, this shit looks good. I’m looking forward to seeing it, and knowing that someone will be crying like a fucking baby because of it.

Attached: 51D07845-9F40-42F7-98DB-E1896310B9FF.png (1000x1151, 271K)

Hey /r/etard, theres already a thread on /truefilm/.

Go the fuck back

Is this being ironic?

based

Holy shit. I'm excited for new media for the first time in my life, this unironically looks great. Not a single woman or colored person in sight, too.

Based A24 are making kino again, looks like. Can't wait for the seething/tv/incele

Craft beer jump scares soi wojack

There now you dont have to post it 10 times

Avatar with inflation: 3,331,075,618.66

Sorry mcucks still a ways to go ;)

Looks like wank. It evokes an old timey feeling for no other reason than to be artsy. The purposefully bad special effects like the lightning makes sense in the period where CG or even practical effects technology was bad but not today. I am sure this won't be the slightest bit scary and will play into "subverted" lovecraftian tropes.

Just take into consideration that if this movie were to be in color and that's literally it, just add a splash of color, people would think this movie looks like a 3/10 instead of a 11/10

Yeah and sin city would be much less interesting without its color splashing

Your point? I mean is there ever a reason in your mind to evoke an older style or feeling?

wow, looks like a bone chilling slow-burn, absolutely speechless

Yeah and sin city is just a 6/10 schlocky cape movie, one that relies heavily on style over substance. Same as this movie yet everyone is orgasming over the next true kino.

Having a visual style is completely incomprehensible to these people. They think the heart of a movie is in it's script and not the visuals

>style over substance
It's a film, it's a visual medium. Style IS substance.

Ever watch REALLY old horror movies and are surprised how anyone was ever scared from that shit back in the day? That's what The Lighthouse is going to be and what it takes inspiration from. It's going to be a fucking borefest. I bet critics were clapping when they were supposed to be afraid just because they got the reference or understood what the scene was influenced by.

FINALLY SOMEONE MENTIONS GUINNESS

youtu.be/6cDj1T-7KaA

Only a Mario cameo would make it better

Attached: images_new.png (388x379, 14K)

Eldrich horror confirmed

Attached: 324234234.jpg (897x699, 54K)

You're parodying someone that doesnt exist

lmaoooooo this shit looks old af
why would I want to watch a movie that isn't even widescreen? dumb boomer shit

Attached: 1503944920145.png (590x559, 480K)

>It evokes an old timey feeling for no other reason than to be artsy
Yeah, for not other reason than the entire narrative being set in 1890s Maine you dumb fuck.

Looks good.

T U R B O K I N O

Attached: 5443534543.jpg (896x704, 52K)

they’re fighting an octopus you fucking cuck

guess that means we should never ever depict anything that is set before the 1800s or do it through a slideshow of paintings at a minute per frame

kill your fucking self you braindead shity fetus

Attached: 1554354047856.gif (500x382, 125K)

No one exists, every poster on this site is a bot.
Except me and you

Attached: 1537281452228.png (225x225, 71K)

A24 just buys films and distributes them.

>it’s a Yea Forums spergs over any black and white and labeling it “kino”
Worse than capeshit

dilate

Did you ever saw somedody fighing an octopus irl you fucking retard? t's clearly some lovecraftian thing.

Good. I want to go back. I will have very few chances to see an all white cast on the big screen again.

Go back to your designated Mask thread tryhard

>it's an "user makes a cookie cutter post but messes up the format" episode

Its a dramedy, not a horror. It’s a callback to 20s schlock comedy.

Attached: 55642725-B822-495A-9717-19C26E8A6330.jpg (750x720, 417K)

top kek

what Morrowind character is that?

Attached: 43534543.jpg (190x200, 15K)

You can depict it however you want. You can shoot in in extremely colorful wide 21:9 frame also if you want, but does that kind of portrayal fit a narrative of two isolated lighthouse men living in tight spaces distant from any civilization under harsh weather?
Would Eraserhead be better if it was a vibrant beautiful film instead?

>m-midsommar wasn't an attempt at horror, it was a dramatic break up film!!! with cult elements!!!

Attached: 1450274250594.jpg (300x316, 21K)

Fargoth after losing his ring

Is it, dare I say, lovecraftian?

#3) Boat

>schlock
kys

Attached: f63.jpg (396x382, 24K)

It's, dare I say, Melvillian.

Attached: mobydick.jpg (1201x1600, 1.05M)

We’re talking about the lighthouse not midsommar bro.

Attached: E2B724BB-C6CB-49A8-9ABB-C8EC1DD1FE90.jpg (450x600, 45K)

You can use lighting, framing, shot composition, and general good cinematography and directing to convey claustrophobic spaces and isolation. You don't just ape an entire style, half of the style being a result of technology used in its and purposefully use campy special effects just to call back to that era.

more like true bore kino lmao

Sin City's style was staying true to the comic it was based on. This movies style is because its a period piece. Save yourself further embarrassment and stop posting.

I'm using shitty practical effects, but on purpose. No, this is not for laughs like Black Dynamite. This is for art.

Lads I know you won't believe me, but on top of everything else, this is pure brapkino. It is actually character quirk that Dafoe braps constantly throughout the film.

Attached: terrence pilled.png (485x452, 203K)

Alright retards first and foremost, the film is not a horror. It's not. I have seen this when i was in Cannes, so feel free to ask any questions. It's a psychological thriller, character drama about 2 people going crazy, it's also really funny. There are some horror scenes but it's not the tone that the film is going for. Anyways i would recommend it to everybody. Except for memeing retards. Le slowburn haahaa. It's more like The Shining, psychological thriller with some horror scenes. The best film i have seen this year and one of the best films of the decade. It's really fun and not pretentious in any way.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2019-07-30-at-8.17.06-AM.png (780x466, 108K)

>period piece
I guess Saving Private Ryan should have had film grain and everyone spoke with a transatlantic accent

have intercourse

Please don't ruin this movie. This thread actually has potential for real discussion and I'll have to leave if you post spoilers.

Yeah, its mediocre, like the witch

----->

>A24

Attached: 86ED36D0-E23D-4CDF-8EE9-A9D85873AD15.gif (365x400, 551K)

yes Spielberg is a hack

And choosing the right aspect ratio plays in that too. And choosing the right film stock plays in that too.
It would make no sense for this film to be shot on crystal clear digital ARRI camera. Or for it to be shot on Ultra Panavision 70. All of the choices here support to narrative completely.

Attached: 1564248691487.png (882x624, 39K)

>potential
Potential to be shit maybe.

>This thread actually has potential for real discussion
ctrl+w

>LOVECRAFTIAN

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 13K)

I didn't post any spoilers you retard, if i post some i will put them in spoiler marks.

Attached: 1561323657693.png (454x520, 13K)

>choosing
There are no unique choices to be made. No interesting direction. It's just "hey, my movie look like this other old movie lol"

WHAT IF CTHULU WASN'T JUST A STORY
>ear shattering fart noise

is it better than vvitch

What's wrong with making it look like an old movie?

#fondofyourlobster

The madman actually did it, he went full Bergman

>There are no unique choices to be made.
Yeah a film with no women and no minorities filmed on 35mm black and white film stock is a common thing in 2019 am i rite
>No interesting direction
Commenting on direction just from a trailer?
>my movie look like this other old movie
Which other old movie does it look like?

why do you hate yourself so much?

Yes it's much better. It's tonally different and more fun, it's quite funny. It's dark comedy/psychological thriller/descent into madness film with evety ingeredient being just right so it doesn't create a tonal mess. It's great.

I fucking hate a24

the death of film

Slow friggin burn!

Attached: 1561839525681.jpg (318x306, 38K)

Yes worse than capeshit right bro haha?
It evokes that feeling because it takes place in that time period. It fits the film.

It's a shallow attempt at adding any substance to the movie, even through stylistic choices. How much more interesting it could have been to use modern tools to evoke the same moods and feelings you would feel watching an old movie... but make it not look old.

If I made a shitty film but threw it through a VHS instagram filter, does that suddenly make it better? By simply referencing an era through style?

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/slow friggin/

Looks like pure nautical kino

How is A24 the death of film?

McDonald's arthouse

nothing. that incel is looking for literally any criticism because he hates his life and has nothing better to do.

both superhero movies and those stupid soap opera "woke" pieces of millenial garbage are awful. May as well watch some "netflix original" garbage like everyone else

>Yes worse than capeshit right bro haha?
yup

OMG post history, we got him reddibros!!

hit me up before you kill yourself I want to celebrate that shit

>make a shit movie about the 80s
>2/10

>make a shit movie about the 80s but throw on retro color grading
>9/10 fucking awesome stylistic movie

The only arthouse in existence.

Why would you reinforce such an obvious plea for attention?

How is A24 the death of film?
Sure, they haven't produced anything I'd call the best of all time yet, but they put out stuff ranging from pretty good to almost great. It's very hyperbolic to call them the death of film and not capeshit movie #190

You keep saying that's it's a shitty film, why do you think it is a shitty film? I find the idea of two men stranded surviving in a harsh isolated environment pretty interesting.
>but threw it through a VHS instagram filter
But that's clearly not the case here?

Are you saying no one should ever use film stock again and everyone should just film with the latest digital RED or ARRI camera?

This is a bit too kino, don't you think?

what the fuck do you even watch? holy mountain on repeat?

>mfw I read the YT comments

Attached: haHAA.jpg (240x240, 8K)

>the 80s
stopped reading there

By making films in the current age boring and grey. Stupid young people eat this shit up and will continue making films that are even more watered-down in the future

t. pajeet disney employee

>spill yer beans

What did he mean by this?

Attached: 1512898326156.jpg (500x591, 67K)

1x1 is 2

This is not woke you retard.

There's no color grading here though?

The truth about this movies and movies like it is that the only people who enjoy it are people who already made up their minds that this movie is a masterpiece before even entering the theater. No one is going to stumble onto this movie and then think "huh, that was a really interesting and good movie that reminded me of old black and white schlocky thrillers that I never ever watched"

just give him the damn beans bro

Attached: 1561414281738.jpg (228x257, 28K)

Your shitty film ran through a VHS filter would look like shit because you don't have proper recording equipment. This is shot with professional equipment by people who know what they're doing, and it looks good. Just because you're butthurt about the stylistic choice they went with doesn't make it lazy.

Try some Amirpour or some Cattet Forzani

nah

>muh capeshit
Obsessed

>boring
ADHD capeshit weeb zoomer detected

So you're saying the only way to get the true bearing of the film's quality is to let a braindead capeshitter watch it by accident?

oh you're one of those smelly elitist movie hipsters

I hear those Marvel movies are pretty good if you have a bad attention span, just stick with those.

I started watching The Witch without knowing anything at all about it and I loved it.

I wasn't expecting get to such a German expressionist vibe. Pretty hype to be reminded of that awesome Cthulhu silent film from a few years ago that leaned into authentic 20's techniques too.

Attached: The-Call-of-Cthulhu-Movie-Poster.jpg (600x900, 100K)

Start with these 10 films then run your mouth, filmlet.

1. Пиcьмa мёpтвoгo чeлoвeкa (1986, Lopushansky)
2. ვედრება (1967, Abuladze)
3. Un condamné à mort s'est échappé (1956, Bresson)
4. Guns of The Trees (1961, Mekas)
5. Love Streams (1984, Cassavetes)
6. 牯嶺街少年殺人事件 (1991, Yang)
7. Duelle (1976, Rivette)
8. Alice in den Städten (1974, Wenders)
9. Սայաթ-Նովա (1968, Parajanov)
10. Tańczący Jastrząb (1978, Królikiewicz)

MOVIES:
1. Le Rayon Vert (1986, Rohmer)
2. Mauvais Sang (1986, Carax)
3. Blue (1993, Jarman)
4. Trás-os-Montes (1976, Cordeiro/Reis)
5. The Long Day Closes (1992, Davies)
6. Krótki film o zabijaniu (1988, Kieślowski)
7. Le Révélateur (2002, Philippe Garrel)
8. Providence (1977, Resnais)
9. แสงศตวรรษ (2006, Weerasethakul)
10. Punishment Park (1971, Watkins)

holy shit I'm using this for copy pasta this cant be real

new

Stick to capeshit my plebeian friend.

>make a historically accurate film
>autistically recreate the period
>nice cinematography
>marine setting
>great actors
>no women
>no shoehorned diversity
>retards on Yea Forums who still complain and basically beg for this type of film still find reasons to hate on it
Pathetic

Attached: 1561212775100.jpg (960x492, 56K)

Its already a pasta

Catch is that it's genre trash

This reminds me, what are some SQUARE films?

Laurence Anyways and Grand Budapest.

this pasta has been spammed for over 500 times now
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/(1986, Lopushansky)/

Capeshit, endless sequels and myriads of other trash pumped out by Hollywood to keep the money machine going is the death of film, not people who want to keep the art of filmmaking alive. Maybe if you had any semblance of critical thought and weren't just looking to shit all over the place you'd understand that

Get the fuck out of here you newshit.

The true bearing of a film's quality is to not appeal only to self-proclaimed cinephiles who think meta qualities such as referencing a style of cinema is in itself a quality of the film when such is lost or considered not important to the masses.

French New Wave for example was widely accepted by not just the french but the global community. Movies like 400 Blows and Breathless were commercial successes.

The lighthouse fanbase ladies and gentlemen

I'm sorry you hate entertaining movies so much

Attached: tenor.gif (400x276, 768K)

>everyone on Yea Forums is the same person

That's why I only come here to participate in off topic threads. No point in ice skating up hill

Yes I hear you need a certain IQ to really enjoy a A24 film there not for everyone

First Reformed is peak Square kino

back to lurking then

Attached: 1564393412380.jpg (493x352, 60K)

I am a fan of The Lighthouse and I made that pasta back in 2014

Yeha such historically accurate bricks, friggin based keeenoo

Do you think it's just one autist shitting on it? Seems like it desu.

It says a lot about the type of person who jerks themselves off to this kinda movie when every other post about how authentic it is throws in a "no womens, no niggers"

Good lad. You'll go far.

I saw the ABC's of death it sucked

No, you just need to be able to watch movies that aren't good guy punches bad man in spandex suits and bad CGI for a hour an a half

lmao this woke twitter tranny triggered beyond comprehension

This, it's basically just a /pol/cel circlejerk.

>Movie dosen't past the bechdel test
Into the garbage it goes

I just think it looks like a good movie. Take a breather

disney pajeets are absolutely fuming right now

Attached: 1562108159635.jpg (765x801, 55K)

ironic, since the no women part is wrong

Did you just quote Blade?

Holy dicks

Attached: nolan_yes_agree_approve_gif.gif (355x259, 428K)

Attached: burns.jpg (573x411, 115K)

Every single frame looks like a piece of art.

How the fuck did they do that

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octopus_wrestling
it's a sport for some chads

If you show this trailer to any of your friends, you'll be known as "that guy" who is a pretentious fuck that never gets to suggest movies for movie nights

Best movie of the last 50 years calling it now.

just copy tarkovsky bro its easy

I'm gonna keep it real with you, man. I'm black and I'm kinda tired blacks being shoved literally everywhere. It's become a little patronizing now. That said, this movie looks good because it just looks good. No need for politics.

:O

Just literally remake an old movie, remember how based those old movies were. Easy kino

Meh. Dosen't look as fun as Endgame

Formerly usable board

Well this thread is shit

>Every single frame looks like a piece of art.
>How the fuck did they do that

Attached: 1515555751924.png (840x720, 433K)

No forced women or coloured. That is why its even a topic - a lot of films today have them.

What's this a remake of, I really want to watch that

Tell me a film you think this looks similar to.

NOOOOOO! Delete this! What about Marvel phase 4!? Snap out of it, user!

Another A24 crap, great.

Attached: 1561324014490.png (785x1000, 254K)

oh shit, I thought this was part of the MCU

Reddit Yea Forums needs to go back.

Unironically, r/truefilm would be a better place to discus film. Sneed.

>Its another "Woah this looks awesome and will be an instant classic in the horror genre... oh no wait, its just mediocre garbage like The VVitch, A Ghost Story, Hereditary and so on and so on"

Im getting tired of this

Kek

>A Ghost Story
>Horror

I didn't think it was possible to miss the point this hard.

>A Ghost Story
>horror
What? Have you even seen the film? It's not by any means trying to be a horror film, not even marketed as such my dear phoneposting friend.

There is a woman in the film. She is not forced there you retard, that's the point.
No, but one of the best of the decade and easily MOTY so far.
Bergman and Tarr.

>Ghost story
>Horror
>Mediocre garbage
Yep, I think hes been pleb filtered

The memes are going to be strong out of this one, I can feel it.

>A Ghost Story
haha are u kidding

Holy fucking shit, it's been a long time since I wanted to go to the movies to see something like this

this is either weak bait or you’re a tryhard faggot. i’m going to assume it’s a little bit of both

Attached: EC7374FE-BEF9-44DC-B843-1CEEBB8A6665.png (336x258, 90K)

It's a character focused psychological thriller, don't expect a horror.

Yes, the catch is either toxic masculinity or forced homosexual bullshit.

80% of this board are capeshit fans, pedos or just shitposters. What did you expect?

Best movie of the century. Shit is going to be kino af. You know just from it being black and white.

I mean it could be the 1880s

>tentacles
OMFG LOVECRAFT BRO

Attached: 1560306514056.gif (236x250, 1.47M)

low effort bait and no one says this automatically here
this board loves Embrace of the Serpent and hated Roma

Tryhard

>replying to bait
C'mon son

Yes because modern digital cameras captures more detail with a better looking end result. Same goes for effects. CGI is light years ahead of practical effects now too. There is no need for antiquated technology and methods. Digital is all around a more relevant choice for film making.

>this board loves Embrace of the Serpent and hated Roma
Based. Of course this board also loves The Turin Horse and Hard to be a God.

>toxic masculinity
Quit it with that shit, you scarin' the hoes

Audience rating is going to sit at around 70 percent, because no one dare criticize a movie like this which is so obviously a work of art. They'll just go "eh it wasn't for me, but I recognize from the black and white filter that it's clearly meant to be deep"

5.0 when?
I'm actually looking forward to this and like Eggers but the reddit A24 defense squad is embarassing

Attached: 1563615212904.jpg (2300x2300, 890K)

All memes aside can someone rec an alternative to Yea Forums? I know I'll get memed on but this place actually was usable between the shitposts at one point.

//truefilm/ is bad and it also moves slow. Any suggestions?

Attached: 3245.jpg (826x251, 16K)

>It's like every single kino ingredient put into a blender
This is the most reddit thing I've ever read

But it doesn't look better. It looks cold and lifeless.

Every kinofag is on 8ch but if you think slow moving is a problem then you deserve to rot in Yea Forums

The 1956 Moby Dick movie, kind of

Attached: 290px-Peck_Moby_Dick.jpg (290x362, 28K)

kill yourself

Reddit is going to cream themselves over this one

Why are there so many master baiters in this thread FFS? Why can't we just have a nice film discussion for once?

Attached: 1563346164970.jpg (1080x1080, 119K)

Tell that to Aleksey German's grave, he made the best movie of the 21st century without even upgrading to colour, let alone using digital and CG

>Yes because modern digital cameras captures more detail with a better looking end result.
Digital still can't replicate true technicolor. And protip: not every film is supposed to look as "pretty" or beautiful as possible.
> CGI is light years ahead of practical effects now too
CG is still in uncanny valley territory and the best option is shooting pratical bases and touching it up with CG in post.
>There is no need for antiquated technology and methods
If it fits the narrative, sure it does.

Should painters only paint on tablets? Should people only write on computers?

It's not really deep. There is some subtext in the film but nothing that makes or breakes the film. It can be enjoyed on the surface level.

Nah. Nightcrawler is still my guilty pleasure and also better than this. And Dafoe's recent Van Gogh movie is also sublime save for when the Star Wars actor shows up. A minor blight.

>greatest novel ever written
>John Huston
>Ray Bradbury
>Gregory Peck
>Orson Welles
>it's shit

Greatest proof ever that unfilmable exists.

What the fuck kind of accent is Dafoe trying to pull off here? some sort of Irish or West country English?

Because what you want is a circlejerk, in a board that is contrarian to the core (and for the best at that)

There's no filter. It was shot on 35mm b&w Double-X 5222 film stock using a vintage Baltar lense.

The most retarded post i have read all week, congratulations.
Based German.

>modern digital cameras capture more detail with a better looking end result
And that's fine, if you want to make a movie that looks clean and crisp and modern. I have no issues with that. The CGI crack too, for some films that's absolutely true.

But...you're not seriously telling me that something like, say, The Good The Bad And The Ugly would look better if it were shot on digital, right? Or Lawrence Of Arabia? Hell, Raiders Of The Lost Ark?

You honestly want to make the case that film grain and film stock doesn't have a unique and interesting aesthetic that can be utilized to a filmmaker's advantage?

Based retard. You literally know nothing about cinema.

The kino old crazy man accent

>>make a historically accurate film
what the hell does that have to do with the quality of the film?
>>autistically recreate the period
what the hell does that have to do with the quality of the film
these things are not guarantees of quality
>>nice cinematography
surface llevel "beauty" is not great cinematography
how a movie is shot has to have a purpose that's in accordance with what kind of a story the film is trying to tell
unironically posting something like this shows the complete lack of understanding of basic filmmaking which all a24 babies have
>>marine setting
non-argument
>>great actors
no great actor can salvage a movie from a bad director like eggers
>>no women
blatantly untrue
as a moldovan fashion model has been cast in the role of a mermaid
>>no shoehorned diversity
/pol/tard tier non-argument
In conclusion go back and never post here again

You really don't see how that's a problem? Being contrarian for the sake of it? No rhyme or reason just "muh epin soijak memes, bro!"
Kill yourself, you abject fedora

You ever hear a salty old sea dog talk?

Imagine the kind of accent that someone who says
>Arrr, Ye best not be goin' west.
is gonna use.

>Discussing movies is now considered circlejerking
The absolute state of Yea Forums

Jamaican Creole

as if anyone watching that actually cares lmao, it's a black and white filter. A total of 1 out of every 12000 viewers will have watched the likes of The Old Dark House for comparison.

Attached: 1561333664952.png (231x218, 18K)

>followup to great movie trailer drops
>looks interesting, cool performances, great imagery, lots of cool silent film and Bergman influences
>wojak
>"it's shit"
>"it's shit"
>wojak
>"soi"
>"it's reddit"
>wojak
>wojak
>"it's fake"
>"it's shit"
>"soi"
>"anyone who says it isn't shit is a shill"
>"it's shit"
>"it's tryhard"
>"soi"
>"it's reddit"
>"you're a shill"
>"it's reddit"
>wojak

Seriously, were you all molested or something? What the fuck happened to you that made you like this?

>it's a filter u guise I swears it

The opposite is true, that's how fucking dumb people are now.

Attached: bill_paxton.jpg (280x250, 16K)

sorry we exercised some caution to incite discussion rather than circlejerk about how epic and awesome this clearly KINO arthouse film is going to be

>DUDE LETS ACT LIKE A24 MOVIES SUCK AND THAT THE CONJURING IS DEEP: the thread

>and for the best at that
Contrarianism is literally just a circlejerk in the opposite direction. You're not any better than the people blindly praising something because you're blindly shitting on it.

Discussing a movie has turned into a political-esque 'us vs them' where liking something and disliking something have become 'teams' that must fight each other.

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: Capture.png (536x103, 8K)

>what the hell does that have to do with the quality of the film?
Good production, set and costume design is worthless to you? Should they instead wear Walmart pirate halloween costumes?
>surface llevel "beauty"
It's the literal opposite, obviously trying to portray the harsh and claustrophobic setting they are placed in.
>from a bad director like eggers
Whenever a kid has a great performance 99% it's because of the director, and all the kids in The Witch had extremely great performances, along with the rest of the cast.

>movie that looks refreshingly different and authentic generates a discussion on Yea Forums
>that discussion can be boiled down to contrarians shitting on other people for wanting to see said movie

Attached: EC1D81F8-9EF6-4184-B9C8-43038EA300BC.gif (200x160, 2.41M)

>we
please go back

>incite discussion
what discussion you fuck? Posting one line wojaks about how this movie is shit because "Muh A24".

>Muh soijak!! Muh memes!!!

Attached: 1557170190152.png (662x478, 22K)

>refreshing different
you mean just like the hundreds of older movies that influenced it?

>s-show me one movie it looks like
oh ok so it doesn't evoke a period and it just looks like shit for no reason

>literally browsing reddit desperately searching for a link to an anticipated film that will be mentioned on any site remotely talking about movies
got em good!

>we
you’ll never fit in here

>incite discussion

No.

>But...you're not seriously telling me that something like, say, The Good The Bad And The Ugly would look better if it were shot on digital, right? Or Lawrence Of Arabia? Hell, Raiders Of The Lost Ark?
yup
as all the movies shot on digital which are much more beautiful than these prove

lmao this zoomer manchild doesn't watch a single film released before his birth date

No shoehorned women that's what i meant.
>surface llevel "beauty" is not great cinematography
how a movie is shot has to have a purpose that's in accordance with what kind of a story the film is trying to tell
Film doesn't have to tell a story you absolute retard.

>a24
Fuck that pleb shit

i’m obviously referring to the fact that it’s current year stupid. name one film released RECENTLY that looks similar to the lighthouse

>hundreds of older movies that influenced it
>Dosen't post one

@118837936
low effort bait

Omg why isn't this going viral?

seriously just shut the fuck up dude

Said somebody who claims that digital is better because it's cleaner. Just find a tall tree and hang yourself you absolute cunt.

Whether they care or not doesn't negate that it isn't a filter.

German expressionist cinema, yada yada.

Seems like I hit the spot.
Back to your capeshit threads and videogames you go

"it’s a Yea Forums spergs over any black and white and labeling it 'kino'" what? You didn't finish your sentence

Took you long enough to scroll through the thread.
I want a film user, not a period or movement. Name a film

good quoting there, desu

Attached: tilda_one_swinton_21.jpg (1000x1300, 186K)

>as all the movies shot on digital which are much more beautiful than these prove
Oh, so you're actually retarded then. Alright, cool, carry on.

This dosen't look anything like German expressionist you fucking pleb

You've reached a new low today, Yea Forums. Somehow I didn't see this coming.

This picture alone should explain why The Lighthouse attracts pseuds

Attached: xTZfovu.jpg (3414x1152, 604K)

>German expressionist

Attached: 2C95177D-63FF-4243-8289-EEAF20722E2C.gif (400x305, 1.06M)

>The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
>Nosferatu
>The Golem
>The Student of Prague
>From Morn to Midnight

How does that explain why The Lighthouse attracts pseuds?

wow. he added an instagram filter to his movie. great. so visionary.

wtf is william dafoe saying? "watch us spill ur beans" ??

There's no filter.

Let me guess, you're gonna use a meme term like "dishonest" to describe what's wrong here.
The absolute state.

Agreed. This board has literally nothing to offer. Thank the mods for not IP banning every person who posted a wojak in this thread.

Those are literally the first 5 when you google German expressionist cinema.

>The Lighthouse
>Having anything to do with The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari or any other German Expressionist film

Attached: 90528-004-84FDFBF5.jpg (437x350, 12K)

>whoa dude lets drink until we get lcohol withdrawals and go crazy on the tiny rock with a lighthouse on it the movie

Attached: cups-of-coffee - Copy.jpg (1100x734, 89K)

Because the first three are the essentials that anyone should see first and the others are the best that aren't lost.

add color and you just have a shitty 1960s shclocky thriller, complete with fake plastic looking monsters

What filter? He shot in black and white

Imagine browsing reddit long enough to gain an intimate understanding of what redditors like and dislike so you can blindly align yourself against it to feel superior to people who form their own opinions on things. All because those people sometimes arrive at an opinion that resembles reddit's, which in your eyes makes them ''more reddit' than you - the person who actively browses reddit.

So this thread forever settles the argument that nu-Yea Forums is JUST PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED right?

>Good production, set and costume design is worthless to you? Should they instead wear Walmart pirate halloween costumes?
jim cameron's terminator had cheap looking special effects and production design and stilll managed to get all of it's points across
whether the production design is "historically relevant" is meaningless
whether a film overall is "historically relevant" is meaningless(see The Birth of a Nation, which i'm sure you haven't seen)
>It's the literal opposite, obviously trying to portray the harsh and claustrophobic setting they are placed in.
it's there just to fit in a "claustrophobic" aesthetic vibe not to actually evoke claustrophobia in the viewer which should be it's goal
>Whenever a kid has a great performance 99% it's because of the director, and all the kids in The Witch had extremely great performances, along with the rest of the cast.
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
lol shut the fuck up
if you want to see some actual great performances by children go watch clint eastwood's a perfect world or john cromwell's little lord fauntleroy, otherwise realize that SCREAMING REALLY LOUDLY whether you're possessed by demon or not, does not equate good acting

Yea Forums truly is the worst board

>it's there just to fit in a "claustrophobic" aesthetic vibe not to actually evoke claustrophobia in the viewer which should be it's goal

great. so visionary.

Where do Horror conventions come from originally? Psycho? No, they're a bit older.

>pretending

Attached: 1559256944424.jpg (500x318, 15K)

>you'll never be able to talk about it on /tv
Bingo. This thread is proof enough.

this actually cements nu-Yea Forums‘s status as unequivocally the most retarded place to discuss film on the internet

>no /film/ ever

Thanks Hiro.

Attached: 65478458.jpg (295x340, 90K)

>enter any thread
>le contrarian wojack immediately
I don't think Yea Forums was always this trash.

The movie isn't a horror though

Attached: beans.jpg (600x604, 82K)

>see The Birth of a Nation, which i'm sure you haven't seen
Do you seriously think that's some kind of obscure film?
>it's there just to fit in a "claustrophobic" aesthetic vibe not to actually evoke claustrophobia
Yeah man, he just went for the old claustrophic cool as "vibe", really nailed it here.
>HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
okay I'm talking to a zoomer here, bye

Well I don't like films just because my latest meat beat is starring in it.

Best post ITT

The funny part about all this is that A24 doesn’t even fucking make these movies.

>implying it wouldn't be absolutely ass fucked by capesh..
Oh

Attached: You-Just-Dont-Exist-Scott-Pilgrim-Lucas-Lee-poster.jpg (511x561, 87K)

OMG so deep black and white yasss kino kino based based

i was thinking the exact same thing when i opened this thread. is a24 not a distributor first and foremost?

why are there no quips bros?

But there is atmospheric slow burn and irony haha look they are crazy but funny haha!!

I really wish I could squeeze the life out of you.

Bro not cool a24 films (that is a distribution company btw betcha you didn't know that haha!) are based kino. This is an ACTUAL film, unlike childish jumpscares and capeshit

Attached: Le slow burn man.png (344x427, 11K)

25 more posts exactly like this cmon chop chop

Don't worry, the twist is this is actually a superhero movie and the first half is setting up the origin of Lighthouse Man, who has the power of solar rays, he beats up smugglers and pirates while using his catchphrase "lights out!"

Yes, I fully agree.

We've really come full circle now.

>wojack posters are butthurt capeshit fans

i see..

Watch some 1950s black and white thriller with shitty acting and bad special effects. Did you have fun? Then you might enjoy The Lighthouse.

And me

>the videogame manchild zoomer still crying
lmao

Kino is officially back on the menu.

Jump Scare and slasher basedboys will be on suicide watch yet again!

Attached: 1537817824514.jpg (249x249, 41K)

I'm thinkin he based

>Do you seriously think that's some kind of obscure film?
lol a24 baby thinks that obscurity immediately equates quality
certainly explains his hate boner for Marvel and Michael Bay, which he falsely believes makes him a special snowflake
>bye
sure thing, although it's been quite amusing talking to a lower form of life

That shithole of a board is so full of edgy contrarians it has to shit on a trailer, and defends jumpscare flicks. The absolute state...

Save some red pills for the rest of us, bro. Gatdamn

How are you even a real person? Lmao

how spoilery is the trailer?

OMG stop calling me soi reee

not particularly spoilery. it basically sets the general premise and tone of the film

This film probably has no plot, like most a24 horror shit it's about people going crazy with long scenes of people doing menial shit. They call this 'atmosphere'

>Remakes are bad we want original movies
>Why make an original movie when you can remake a classic

it’s not a horror film dipshit

Ok, user. Post a good horror movie on the same vein as The Lighthouse. I wanna see something.

soÿboys are literally jumpscares plebs like you who like to jump and scream everytime something pop up at the screen with a big noise, considering that "horror" tells a lot about your faggot degenerate generation.

Attached: epic jumpscares, now that's horror.gif (480x217, 697K)

kill yourself boomer

Shove your smartphone up your ass, zoomie, maybe it'll make ebin jumpscare once mommie calls.