I just watched Baby Driver, wanted to share my thoughts

I know many of you disliked the film but you are really missing the point

The way it uses the music is just so great. It's so different from all the other movies, but it isn't artsy in a way that only the critics will like it: this is a movie for everyone. I went with a friend who is really hard to please when it comes to movies, but I just knew he would love this. And I was right, I never saw him as excited about a movie as he was about this one. It's just so much fun to watch, but it's also serious when it needs to be and it has very intriguing characters. But I'll be honest, the core of the movie is its music. I think this is the second time I say it, but the music works so well. I found myself singing along with the songs. Even though it's completely different, it reminds me a bit of Fury Road in the way that it makes you want to punch your fist and the air and cheer during the movie. In reality I think it's more a mixture of La La Land and Grand Theft Auto (it's definitely not a musical by the way).

Thoughts?

Attached: Baby sitting and listening.png (700x525, 538K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UF2mSWnhE58
telegraph.co.uk/films/0/super-easy-hate-makes-baby-driver-star-ansel-elgort-annoying/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are you retarded?

>I’m a retarded pleb
Thanks for letting us know, OP

I stopped reading your gay post in the subject field, just wanted to share this: sneed

The fact that nobody has refuted my post and instead just insulted me is quite telling. Maybe you guys can actually defend your retarded evaluation of a great film or maybe you prefer to continue being btfoed

>sneed
go back to red dit faggot

Attached: sneed.png (980x757, 266K)

>no one posted any facts about why eating shit is bad for me, so I win

>he still doesnt post a single valid criticism of the film

Attached: not a single one.png (366x492, 398K)

oooh, I get the sneed joke now.

I'm not sure if I will get an actual; answer, but I'll ask anyways. Are you being serious? This post reads like a copypasta somebody wrote to make fun of the people who praised this movie. It just seems very soulless and insincere.

>maybe you prefer to continue being btfoed
oooof thats a big cope have yikes too

Attached: 1554884089861.jpg (255x198, 8K)

Why would I write all of this out if I wasn't sincere. How could I even come up with this as satire? I really loved the movie and thought it was quite unique especially with its usage of music. I'm kind of disappointed that Yea Forums hates it so much

>current year
>film discussion on Yea Forums
just give up my friend, everyone comes here for shitposting

>he STILL hasnt posted a single criticism of the film

Attached: still hasnt posted a single valid criticism.jpg (1500x844, 129K)

>tfw you read some shite blogpost retard and can tell by his writing style he doesn't know how to critiique or even begin articulating precisely what he wants to say
>tfw you understand what he is saying but its through the filter of a giant faggot who is incorrect anyway

nigga just kill yourself

Attached: 1523545585405.jpg (358x383, 26K)

sure Jaime Foxx's character is awful, that kevin spacey redemption scene is awkward now, john hamm is balding through out the movie and baby is uncharismatic and ugly as fuck

>I found myself singing along with the songs
based retard.

Attached: 1521580080848.jpg (400x374, 49K)

>just so great
>It's just so much fun to watch, but it's also serious
>it makes you want to punch your fist and the air and cheer
>mixture of La La Land and Grand Theft Auto

tell me this is bait lord please

Attached: 1517123512767.gif (245x245, 968K)

i like the film i'm a different user my criticism was solely of you and your faggotry

>Jaime Foxx's character is awful
Yeah hes the bad guy
>kevin spacey redemption scene is awkward
Awkward for you, epic for most
>john hamm is balding
why do you care about another mans hair?
>baby is uncharismatic and ugly as fuck
are you trying to watch a movie or fuck him?

Seriously, post some valid criticism not just your opinions about what the actors look like or what they did in their personal lives

Retarded means slow. Was OP slow?

>"I never do a job with the same people except for you, you're my lucky charm and that's why you can't leave"
>Couple of scenes later and he's doing a job with the same people
>"I don't care about your gf, I'll kill her"
>"Nevermind, I like seeing you in love so I'll sacrifice myself to save you even though it doesn't fit my character"
The movie tried so hard to be cool, had motherfucking Jamie Foxx as a central character (only to be dropped for John Hamm to become the antagonist for whatever reason) and the movie felt so bland

i like the movie

do you really feel intelligent for realising that the use of music in this film is what makes it good? its the whole gimmick of the film.
sure its very nicely choreographed and it has edgar wrights usual sharp and engaging direction but below that the film is pretty hollow, especially his insipid love interest. lily james is a decent actor but she's shit in this.
5/10 made me reply

>f then s
Oh never noticed . TIL

Why is he dressed like Han solo

I enjoyed it even though it wasn't a masterpiece. I agree user the music was fun. The ending was really cheesy but most of the story was interesting.

>do you really feel intelligent for realising that the use of music in this film is what makes it good
Did I ever say that noticing the music made me intelligent? Oh no? I didn't? Guess that was you projecting your own insecurities huh

Attached: unamused ansel.jpg (1548x1024, 756K)

tits or GTFO.

quirky, interesting, irreverent

Attached: warmflash-image_n-400x400.jpg (400x400, 22K)

>t. First Year Film Student

I wish it was written better. I don't hate the movie by a long shot; Bellbottoms, Harlem Shuffle, Hocus Pocus, and Tequila were all bona fide masterpieces of cinema, where what Wright was envisioning made it to the screen completely intact.

I don't know what happened to the other 70% of the movie though. It feels so bland, in a way that his British work NEVER did. Yeah, the Cornetto movies were silly, but they had a point. As much as I love crime films I love them more when I can come out of them not just loving individual scenes, but loving the characters and their journey. I've got nothing against Ansel Elgort, he's a good dude by the looks of it and I think his vague southern affectation is amusing, but Baby is bland as sin, and despite his romance being cute I never really doubted it working out.

It's good, but I KNOW Wright was capable of better things. Maybe I'd like it better now that I've got...something, with a girl.

I can't stand this cunt.

youtu.be/UF2mSWnhE58

He's another case of nepotism.
telegraph.co.uk/films/0/super-easy-hate-makes-baby-driver-star-ansel-elgort-annoying/

This song is actually good though

maybe you hate him cause hes handsome and successful. He's kind of like a James Dean type character, or at least he radiates the brooding magnetism of James Dean

Attached: handsome ansel.jpg (840x473, 40K)

Baby’s relationship with Debbie was just underwritten. I can’t help but think they shot themselves in the foot by making the surrounding criminals (Buddy, Darling, and Bats) all more interesting than Baby. I get it’s his character that he is the stoic straight man, but they didn’t give Ansel a lot to work with. Still I thought he did good with what he was given and I thought the movie was certainly above average. Crime stuff was good but couldn’t care less about Baby’s mom or foster dad.

7.5/10

>doesn’t know how to greentext
Go back to R*ddit, faggot.

This movie didn't do anything with music that commercials for fucking soda haven't been doing since I was a child.

The acting is terrible. The story is bad. The character motivations are stupid and at times contradictory. The protagonist is an insufferable faggot.
>muh music!
>muh choreography!
>muh action!
I bet you really like fireworks, you drooling ignoramus.

I’m sorry user, maybe 5 years ago you wouldn’t have gotten some decent replies about why BD is a mediocre movie. Unfortunately, 2019 Yea Forums is just memewords and shitposting.

*would

So this thread just confirms that BD haters are just braindead NPCs. Glad to know.

No he wouldn't, because it's like trying to explain to someone that likes The Boondock Saints why it's shit. They're not going to understand it no matter what, they're just going to call people braindead NPC as that faggot just did. He's low IQ, and can like what he wants.

Cheap bait, but the last third made me mad. Really captures the reddit spirit.

>all the supporting cast are more interesting
That's the issue with a lot of young adult shit too, they're so scared of making the main character not someone you can relate to that they end up turning them into a blank slate. Aside from his music shit, we never see Baby as much of anything. We see his backstory, we see his situation, but we never quite get a feel for him as a person.

I've noticed recently that I'm really enjoying writing main characters that reflect myself, as egotistical as that sounds: Frenzied neurotic messes thrust into situations that they're not remotely equipped to handle nor prepared to deal with the aftermath of. Those are the most fun for me.

kek, keep going you little rascal

There’s maybe two actual responses to the question, literally every other response is calling him a retard or spouting idiotic buzzwords. I don’t even like the movie, but this thread is embarrassing all around.

everyone likes fireworks, unless you're some kind of European faggot

Attached: ETMbDUo12gXcN7_2EdDYJPzRDDw9jMKGSJakWageDA (1).webm (728x408, 2.07M)

I share your opinion, but what is wrong with fireworks you nigger?

this thread is fucking GAY

Attached: 93_83A-H_1.jpg (1200x899, 210K)

Wright's worst movie so far. Fucking murrica drained all his talentjuice and made him do this abomination of a movie.

once you turn 18 you'll be over it

I'm American. Fireworks are fine if you're a child or have children, but it's essentially just bright lights and loud noise and it attracts the worst kind of people. We did our fireworks on the third so as not to be overrun by niggers and the fights the bring with them.

I always assume these types of posts are copied from reddit. They have the same kind of clueless earnestness about them.

I was ambivalent about the film but OP's post made me really hate it

oooh this one made me shrew my face up

Fireworks are a testament to mankinds control over the natural world. We are creating extravagant explosions in the sky for no purpose but entertainment. If you can't appreciate that you're probably some kind of faggot. I bet you're the type who wont go near a hairy snatch either huh

I like the movie too because I like wright's directing and editing and the concept of a feature-length music video was entertaining enough BUT extremely cringeworthy post OP. You have to admit the plot was trashy and the action was mediocre aside from the first chase.
Lily James is a qt though, saved the movie

the plot facilitated the action without getting in the way of it, and the action was excellent

What about the action did you not like?

Last Night In SoHo bout to be lit as fuck tho

you just know he sucked spacey's dirty dick

I'm a drive man myself

I don't mind hairy snatch if it's clean and i love roller coasters, which better emphasize mans domination and "because i can" attitude.

>>mixture of La La Land and Grand Theft Auto

Attached: ebony.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

This place is probably the only place on the internet that actually hates this movie it's hilarious.

If you're a discord redditor reading this, kill yourself.

The plot was nonsensical partly for reasons other anons already mentioned. The motivations of anyone except Baby and angry Hamm made little sense. Spacey's character particularly. More of a plot device with a shallowly "cool" exterior than a real character.
For a movie about car chases, every car chase after the first was very forgettable to me. The shootouts, except for the Tequila scene which was impressive solely for the editing, were also completely forgettable. None of the setpieces at the end have much tension or artistry to them. The whole brighton rock segment was laughable - you could hardly see shit, nothing of note happened.
I liked the parkour chase with Hocus Pocus too, forgot about that, but that's about it.
I'm not saying it's a bad movie. Like I mentioned, I think the choreography, editing and directing are worth praising. But it's certainly not as great as you're making it out to be. Fun but very flawed film

>even Armond White likes the movie
wtf bros

>Yea Forums should like it because everyone else does!

Uh, no

this is precisely why Yea Forums doesnt like it

Attached: be different.jpg (251x201, 21K)

Then I can sort of understand it, since your 4th of July celebrations seem way over the top. Sometimes you take something fun and take it way too far and run it into the ground. Same with those full retard Christmas decorations on some houses, with plastic Santas everywhere etc. I'm not even trying to shit on the US or Americans, but on consumerism.

>soda commercials
hello american scum, please don't comment on something like movies that require a cultured view of the world to understand

Attached: baby-driver-austin-powers-mask.jpg (656x343, 201K)

>hey guys I'm a tasteless zoomer with no agency, and a proud slave of corporations and jew pop culture

LMAO

>hey guys I'm a brainless boomer with no agency, and a proud slave of Yea Forums opinions and incel pop culture

Why not comment on the actual film you fucking idiot. This whole thread is an indictment of Yea Forums groupthink. Red.dit-tier opinion making on this board tbqh