Luke, did I ever tell you about Coca-Cola®?

Luke, did I ever tell you about Coca-Cola®?

Attached: 206450295131b6c9df95f80e5dd6193bf876421d5e08d15fc9cb23c7aa64215d.jpg (724x676, 170K)

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sprite_(beverage)
youtube.com/watch?v=-zYqH1t6JEg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No but you told me about bigger luuke

>"When we first approached Coca-Cola and shared the idea of bringing their products into the Star Wars galaxy in a new and unique way, they immediately saw the opportunity to give our guests the refreshing drinks they love in a way that maintained the authenticity of the story – which is very important to us – and that was, frankly, just plain cool."
>Scott Trowbridge, portfolio creative executive and studio leader, Walt Disney Imagineering

>Diet Coke & Sprite also have fucking in canon wookiepedia pages
I seriously thought I was beyond surprise at their idiocies by now.

No I didn't. Go easy on the Spice, Luke. You're hallucinating again.

Did I ever tell you about Sprite®?
starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sprite_(beverage)

It's a beverage and it's also made by the Coca-Cola® Company.

Before the dark times... Before Walmart

>look, see? It's like a thermal detonator
>and also it doubles as a keepsake christmas tree ornament
If only they put half as much effort into the rest of their fucking canon as they do the merchandising tie ins.

>you must taste the feeling, luke

Attached: 234835945477.jpg (735x496, 73K)

>I seriously thought I was beyond surprise at their idiocies by now.
I have spent decades completely stunned that the shitty fanbases of Star Wars, Doctor Who and Star Trek have persisted and even grown.

I mean, why?

Attached: Affleck.jpg (2048x1358, 206K)

>this is canon
>KOTOR isnt
big gay

Is there a more soulless franchise than Shart Wars?

Attached: 1494006957749.jpg (600x600, 125K)

Ummm because SCIENCE! this is the power of math and epic gamers, were all such nerds! XDD

He was a good drink.

Every franchise, by definition. When something hits it big, you can be sure the follow ups are going to be nothing but cash grabs.

>It was basically poison. It dissolves your bones and organs. And it was a good friend.

it seems like they've grown but in truth they've just been replaced

the actual "hardcore" fans of star wars and star trek are becoming a very niche group, the type of nerds that read expanded universe books and comics for fun/genuine curiousity or discussed power levels. These types only exist on Yea Forums now and even here, they are a minority.

Honestly, having custom branding for a soft drink available in a part of a theme park is not that bad.

There aren't really expanded universes anymore. Video game deals aren't anywhere near as profitable as they once were and the books are all written by political creeps.

>Coca-Cola is a pathway to many refreshments some consider to be unnatural.

Attached: palpatine-chatting-up-anakin.jpg (1456x816, 1.03M)

it fulfills the human need for religion
this is why christianity is needed, not because it's "true" but because it's better than what people think of without it

>what does force feel like master Yoda?
>like chewing 5gum

Five star post

>The drink was safe for humans to consume

Attached: 1535924689886.jpg (1002x594, 65K)

I haven't seen a single new star wars movie, I don't drink soft drinks, and I haven't been to didney world in years, but making a cool alien container to sell at a space themed section of a theme park is fine. Would you rather have one of these wiki autists make the same article but for a basic ass can of coke instead?

I'd rather not have real life garbage in star wars at all

George went to far with this

youtube.com/watch?v=-zYqH1t6JEg

>Episode IX will unrionically have product placement in it
>"Hey BB8, can you grab me a cold, crisp and refreshing Sprite? Nothing satisfies me more after a hard day working on the Millennium Falcon than that unmistakable lemon-lime taste!"

> (X) Doubt

it's almost as if nuwars couldn't get any more soulless

No Luke, I have your Pepsi

>Luke did I ever tell you about Sheev? he's the emperor of the Galactic Empire but no one knew his first name until some retarded side material a couple years ago

people get their MBAs just to learn how to talk like this, but even more sad are the proto-communists who fall for it
>WOAH my favorite carbonated drink is now available at a Disney park near me! I can't wait to get my new credit card in the mail! I'll wear my Che Guevera t-shirt when I quench my thirst with the sweet taste of Cherry Coke!

>not because it's "true"
But it literally is true

What if Talladega Nights wasn't being ironic after all?

Why would you lump Star Trek in with that trash, you absolute faggot?

Kurtzman has been butchering Star Trek for over a decade at this point. If you think Trek's fanbase is expanding, you're a moron. The "Trek fanbase" is one of the only legit nerd fanbases that ever existed. Just because it go co-opted by the corporate Big Bang Theory shills doesn't erase what it used to be. Star Trek is just nerdy at its baseline. Anyone can pretend to like Star Wars.

>it was an average soft drink, but a good friend. be sure to gather all the collecable bottles and cans is what he used to tell me...

The tenacity of these star wars wiki editors are impressive

word is they're all paid by disney these days (or maybe they work for free)

All the pre-disney stuff like the breast article are leftover artifacts from a different time.

>soda in Galaxy's Edge comes in these round bottles
>they cost more
>they hold less volume
>b-but they look so cool and collectible!

>The "Trek fanbase" is one of the only legit nerd fanbases that ever existed
Fuck off, it is literally the ginger step child of science fiction fandom that only grow big because it was a sci-fi show during a time when you could count the number of channels could be counted on a single hand. Same with Doctor Who.

No, but why is it "canon?" What does Coke have to do with the story? Why don't they just sell their pop in wacky bottles and not make their interns write stupid lore articles about it?

>when you could count the number of channels could be counted on a single hand.

Attached: 1559137573370.jpg (606x350, 31K)

>Would you rather have one of these wiki autists make the same article but for a basic ass can of coke instead?
Yes. They should be as blatant as possible. Put a fucking Lexus logo on the new landspeeder.

I'm still.......baffled beyond believe that these corporate fucks approved of an IRL product to exist in a fictional universe that was crafted for the sake of escapism. Does Disney/Lucasfilm have no shame? Why is this okay?

Attached: zed199.jpg (281x200, 7K)

>using a metallic, screw-on cap

nice punctuation star wars nerds

>coke has probably made more money off galaxy edge than Disney

>a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away
This doesn't make any sense

Why not

It isn't like they said to Coke "Hey, you want to sell Coke in Star Wars land? We'll make it cannon and everything." Coke has an exclusive contract in Disney Parks. They have to sell Coke there. Making them put it in special cans is a concession to them keeping fidelity, not them selling it.

I don't know why this is such a big deal. They've had round Coke bottles for years now as Christmas ornaments.

kino

Luke, did I ever tell you about New Coke?

Attached: DD303457-AF60-4BFF-9057-09F2629150B7.jpg (260x320, 25K)

Did I ever tell you about Bigger Coke?

Attached: throx-market-station.jpg (253x450, 22K)

Did I ever tell you about OK?

Attached: ABEE777C-34B8-4E99-A0BE-F77737E2BC33.jpg (260x320, 28K)

But Star Wars occurs in a different galaxy and far before humans existed in our galaxy? Who brought them Coca Cola? The devil?

That’s a big can