Is there someone who really loved Shinji?

Is there someone who really loved Shinji?

Attached: Shinji.jpg (844x551, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mo5_PFiUMg0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

God.

Kaworu
but shinji was insecure about his sexuality

His mum.

Attached: index.jpg (257x196, 8K)

me

God damn it Shinji, just get in the fucking Evangelion!

Misato did love Shinji. As a son. She just had a lot of trouble showing it. It's really heartwarming seeing her open up to shinji, and coddle and baby him like a son. it's cute.

sneed

This

I have always loved Shinji, because after his conditioning, he has always been a sexually obedient maid-boy.

Attached: 1537160252393.jpg (500x750, 38K)

Oh here we fucking go...

the intro rap says his dad loves him

There's nothing wrong with taking pride in the sexual performance of your 14-year old Japanese maid-boy, user.

Puurhapz da real quesstion was? Was Shinji evr able 2 love himselve????
(been eating my head on a desk and slamming paint chips so maybe someone can help me out with this?)

Love idk, but him and Auska certainly had deep feelings for eachother.

Have you ever met a community college student who just took a philosophy class? The crux of the joke is faux intellectuals like Xavier have nothing to say, even at gunpoint. This drives barcode man to sue of side

Kaworu and Misato

Kaworu loved him. His also the character who keeps loving Shinji in those "the world without Shinji" scenarios, and remembers him. That's how much he loves him.

Kaworu, Misato, Kaji and Gendo, who treated him like shit because he was afraid of hurting him

In one way or another, almost all characters did. The problem is that Shinji is unable to be feel loved.

Romantic love? Kaworu. Rei too.
Some sort of attraction and kinship and needy? Asuka.
Affection in general? Misato, his friends like Touji and Kensuke.
His mother loved him too I guess but Yui's a bitch. Gendo wanted to love him but he was afraid.

I think the point is that everybody loved him, but he never felt loved because he can't love anybody else.

>Misato did love Shinji. As a son.
She straight up tried to fuck him

Rei II, Rei Q, Yui,Asuka, Kaworu

Exactly.

She only tried that because SHE doesn't KNOW how to comfort him in that situation, she was only in love with Kaji.

Yui and by extension Rei maternally.

Asuka wanted him romantically to protect/hold her but also hated him at the same time because of her trauma as a child not allowing her to acknowledge that she desperately wants to rely on others for warmth. His meeknees reminds her of herself too. Tbh they likely have the most complex relationship in the show.

Kaworu too but I viewed his love towards Shinji more like him projecting his love of mankind onto Shinji as an avatar of that love.

Misato, Toji, Kensuke, etc. as friends that you deeply care about.

The only based answer to this thread

No Kaworu was basically a demon bro. Also Shinji was not gay because in instrumentality we only see him fantasizing about sex with the female characters such as Asuka, Rei, Misato. There is no Kaworu to be found in these obviously sexual parts of Instrumentality you fucking brainlet RETARD

Attached: 1531267967291.jpg (750x738, 34K)

Shinji is not gay in instrumentality he is fantasizing about boning the Eva babes. I cast you away from this thread Satan

Nobody, and why should anyone love him he was pathetic.

>Kaworu too but I viewed his love towards Shinji more like him projecting his love of mankind onto Shinji as an avatar of that love.
Kaworu sees Shinji as an individual, he loves the lilin absolutely but he's invested in Shinji as individual and only him. To the point he's depressed in the scenarios of a "World without Shinji" in several side works while everyone else doesn't give a shit and carries on. He's basically a real life (for Shinji) waifu.

when did she try to fuck him

Shinji was stuck in a world where love couldnt exist like he wanted. The generation of 2nd impacters were all broken people. The position he was forced to take out of necessity. The father keeping his distance to not hurt him, yet doubling down in his faults everytime shinji had to do something to save everyone.
This all probably has some deep meaning to Anno about growing up in Japan in his specific era. But Im not that pretentious

Attached: 1564298418136.png (612x491, 91K)

>No Kaworu was basically a demon bro.
Kaworu is Adam, "he"'s a seed of life like Lilith, there are seven in total, and they are the leaders of the First Ancestral Race that ascended to godhood and carried the souls of their people to inhabitant new planets after theirs was gone. Angels and humans were accidental vessels for the tanged FAR survivors because Lilith crashed on Earth (Adam's assigned planet) and accidentally made an impact she didn't control, while Adam was basically raped to childbirth by Katsuragi's expedition who were tricked by SEELE thus the Second Impact happened (they wanted to give birth to the sacrifices aka the angels, and to split Adam's soul and body, thus creating Kaworu while Nerv fucked with Lilith and created Rei). Rei and Kaworu were manipulated, brainwashed pawns but Shinji's hormones snap them out and side with him.

>because in instrumentality we only see him fantasizing about sex with the female characters such as Asuka, Rei, Misato
The 'sex' fantasies (which were just replacement for opening up with others) were before he met Kaworu. Kaworu, Yui and Rei or rather Adam, Eva 01 and Lilith became 'one' with Shinji and create the Third Impact which is indeed a terraforming and kind of like planetary scale sex. The seed of life can do the process themselves but their children can also act as "drones" to their queen bees status.

I agree Shinji's not gay, Kaworu's not quite male, but actually a shapeshifting mother goddess with the appearance of a bishounen. It's just that Rei and Kaworu designs are iconic to change but they can take any shape they wanted. Pic related is the official design of Kaworu as female from a series but again the original design won't change in the anime versions because Kaworu's famous with that.

Attached: official femme kaworu design.jpg (800x1131, 173K)

The only correct answer ITT. That's why so many people hate Shinji, as objective observers they understand how small a leap he needs to do to arrive at what he desires yet he's so wrapped up in his own mind it never occurs to him. Did you guys even watch the series?

You guys ruin every thread with this FAR, adam, lilith, seele shit. All that was for a joke of scifi depth. The same as having a monster a week.
The real issue in evangelion is cracking into the characters.

It’s an overall positive show. Don’t forget that the H in Evangelion stands for happiness.

It doesn't matter, when that lore is established. I agree that it's just about Anno being depressed and trying (and failing) to get over it, but he also established the lore.

EoE. She kissed him and told him there is sex in the store from him when he comes back from saving the world. Too bad she dies then and there.
That’s incel karma for you

Ive met 5 people in person who, when Eva was brought up. They told me they had never seen EoE. Despite seeing NGE. Found that pretty interesting. Dont know what to think about it.

You don't really understand subtext do you? She obviously was desperate to keep Shinji's spirits up so she did the only thing she knows which is use sex as leverage. She knew she was dying ffs, how is that trying to fuck Shinji?

She was trying to motivate him but wasn't a serious offer.

I'd like to see a Shinji marries Kaworu and becomes the angels' stepfather SOL. I know Leliel is ashamed his mom is such a slut for lilin.

If l cant even read 2d women. How the fuck am I going to get laid

You two are absolute mental midgets. I know what she meant, but in his aspie brain, if he was able to put his depression aside, promise of sex would up his spirits. This board really is dense at points.

>"Misato tried to fuck Shinji"
>"No she didn't and here's why"
>"Yeah I know she didn't but"
Sure bro

Would Shinji be a worse father than Gendo?

Nope, Eva is about incel rage

>to keep Shinji's spirits up so she did the only thing she knows which is use sex as leverage
i always took that scene to just be another huge anno dump on nge
misato destroying the mother/son dynamic was really disgusting
even shinji seems to think so because he's not all "hell yeah time to get my dick wet later"
he's already unstable as fuck at that moment and misato offering sex doesnt make him happy or excited, just more disturbed

Hed try his hardest to be better than Gendo. Then end up making his kids worse, or just the same as him. Truly a complete gamble with shinji as a parent. Since he doesnt have much to base anything on.

My dad tried as hard as he could to be the opposite of my grandpa. And now lm trying as hard as I can with my kids to do better than my dad. Its a horrific mess and my faternal lineage has no communication at all. Think I saw my grandpa at texas roadhouse last week. Didnt remember his exact looks until l creeped my moms ancient facebook pictures.
Id assume this is the same lineage shinji would have.

Fuck you faggot. Fight me irl

His mum, Kaworu and maybe Rei.

How could you possibly miss the Freudian dynamism in EVA? It's perfectly concordant with their past relationship.

Gimme an address bitch

I mean in the scenario he comedy scenario he has to be a father figure to the chibi angels. I know Eva store loves to make chibi Sachiel the mascot (sorry PenPen).

why don't you give three examples to educate poor, stupid user

1. Freudian terminology like Ego, Libido, Destrudo, Oral stage etc.
2. EVA plug as an analogy to mother's womb
3. Asuka as Id, Rei as Superego, Shinji as Ego dynamic

As for Misato being a sexual interest, she appears in Shinji's hallucinations together with Rei and Asuka asking him to become one in body and soul with him and telling him it feels really good. And she naked.

She wasn't actually offering sex.

She was trying to convince Shinji that he was "adult enough" to do what was right. She used the kiss as a right-of-passage to show Shinji how adult he was. She even mentions so explicitly (in the dub at least) -- "See, that was a very adult kiss."

>Misato

She’s not s bad person but she didn’t love Shinji. She only cares about him cause he was an Eva pilot and that’s why Shinji pulls away from her hand.

Kaworu loved Shinji without conditions.

Attached: 1C0A46CC-9C22-465C-8B48-AFAF4922225D.gif (500x281, 431K)

That’s a good point with Gendo. He’s just like Shinji in his inability to actually connect with people. His decision to cut out Shinji in order to protect him is part tragic and part selfish. Gendo would rather cast his own son away than actually confront his own deficiencies, but it’s that failure to confront himself that causes his wife to deny him eternity with her and causes his death before instrumentality

youtu.be/mo5_PFiUMg0

Attached: 796071a02bc78a6b1681fb6cbc8bb60d_400x400.jpg (400x400, 30K)

The crossbreed stigma is the only thing that stops mothers to fuck their sons.

Isn't it kinda weird he's 14 and she's 27 in this scene? Imagine if it was the other way around.

Hot

But there is a scene parallel to that between Kaji and Asuka

She did love Shinji, but not in a romantic way. She's a fuck up who doesn't know how to not use sexuality in her relationships.

Came here to post this

Yeah and Kaji tells her she's too young

Why do you fags keep posting anime shit on this board? There's a reason why non-anime discussion isn't allowed on Yea Forums

Yea Forums fucking sucks

If you want to discuss this show in any meaningful way, you have to do it with kinoisseurs of Yea Forums

Yea Forums is an anime website, maybe reddit would be more to your liking if it bothers you so.

>people are talking about things I don't like and Hiro hasn't replied to my janny admission

Attached: 1543981405425.jpg (988x1059, 148K)

Congratulations user, you figured it out

>causes his death before instrumentality
huh? it's been years since I watched it but I remember gendo turning into orange juice

Attached: 5.jpg (780x780, 98K)

yui, rei and kaworu. Misato was just a broken woman, she didn't love anyone, it was all daddy issues. And Asuka is a bitch

I don't know if it really counts but she didn't seem as friendly to him in the manga and it was shown she only took him in to monitor him not out of kindness.

She was 29 in the series wasn't she?

Uhhh no he turns her down constantly

In ep 23 when she offered to comfort him the only way she knows how about Rei dying.

Imagine having a son

Attached: d4k02i6-77582ab2-3eb6-451a-b5cc-e8cd1facc131.png (792x594, 1.04M)

Wild take... but Kaworu is just Shinji with full self-love and confidence. That's why he and Rei appear as those "imperfect perfect versions" of what humanity should be or whatever in the movie. He's like a fallen demon version of Shinji to me.

Attached: 1564424099168.jpg (1262x714, 51K)

Yes, she was 29

Me, nigga.