Tfw will never have a friend like Cliff Booth

>tfw will never have a friend like Cliff Booth

This hurts, bros..

Attached: outh-pitt-dicaprio-movie-still.tif.480x0_q71_crop-scale.png (480x319, 276K)

Maybe if you paid them a salary you could too.

>>tfw will never have a friend
FTFY

Cliff worked for peanuts. The movie does a pretty good job at explaining the relationship between the two. Cliff is an atypical person who, if anything, seems to suffer from low self esteem.

He certainly didn't act like he had low self esteem with the way he was eyeing that hippy girl and how he dealt with the kids at Spahn's place.

honestly curious if hes gay or bi, there were some undertones of that for sure.

opening scene has that line take his loads or something to that effect which got some laughs everyone thought the same thing with that line, cliff kills his wife, doesnt get the blowjob or get swayed by the manson girls sexuality, after rick gets married things need to end between rick and cliff...

yes the blowjob was cause she wasnt 18 and things need to end between rick and cliff cause of where their "career" is at...at least thats what we are TOLD in dialogue but read between the lines and legit they might have been gay and hiding it and they might have known now that rick is married things between them must end. i found rick getting married to be an odd unnecessary choice in the movie honestly, until i realized this theory might explain it and adds weight to cliff and rick "ending" things.

How the fuck does Cliff have low self-esteem? He had no issue busting Lee's balls and calling him out. Not to mention the fact that a guy who drives recklessly doesn't really paint the picture of having low self-esteem.

>tfw do have an inseperable male friend
Feels almost good enough to make up for the lack of gf

Wasn't there also a line from one of the dude's Rick was meeting with (may have been schwarz) where Rick said something like "my hands are wet", and the dude said "I'm used to that with you "

>take his load
He says carrying his load you fucking prick

I dont recall that but it might be in there, rick also defends cliff despite being a known "wife killer" and gets him work and stuff, we really dont know why exactly rick does this beyond them being friends. Watch the scene of rick telling cliff that he cant be his stunt man anymore or whatever and think about it in the context of "im married now and we cant keep being lovers" it fits a little to well and gives that scene some layers. theres more emotion there than needs to be for what they are discussing.

>more than brothers, less than a wife

I took it as Rick was already financially overexerting himself by keeping Cliff on the payroll all that time, but continued to do so because they were both in pretty bad shape career wise when we first see them. Once the italian trip was wrapping up and Rick got himself a wife, he couldn't justify paying Cliff to hang around anymore even though they were still mutually dependent on each other

fuck off with this horseshit theory. Cliff and Rick had a bond that communicated nothing but brotherly camradare developed over years of working. Sure, hollywood is extremely gay. But there were no "undertones" to their relationship. I payed attention constantly throughout the film and you're clearly grasping at straws

I think we need to just face it. Brad and Leo are hot hunks. We want to see them get gay on screen and people project it onto the Cliff and Rick friendship.

You can be the Cliff Booth.

Movie sucked, btw.

Quit trying to turn it into 2deep4me faggot shit. They were just bros going there separate ways because Dalton had a family now and had to think about his money. Cliff was a "war hero" vet who got sick of his wife's bullshit.. that's why he brought her out on a boat to murder her. It's never alluded to at all that anything homosexual is going on. Dudes like you have just never had solid bros before(because you turn everything gay).

You're a fucking retard. Only a fucking faggot redditor would think that a close relationship between two males might have homosexual tendencies. They're fucking bros, plain and simple. The movie even goes out of it's way to describe their relationship as their going away. "and when you end a friendship with someone who's a little more than a brother and a little less than a wife, the only way to do it is to get shit drunk"

Take you butt fucking FilmTheory tier garbage to reddit, claim your 20k upvotes, and never come back here again you fucking pussy

this. most men who havent been real bros with someone assume there's some faggot shit going on when two men are close

Women will never understand close friendships like this so they just assume there's faggotry going on.

Can confirm, my ex used to accuse me of being gay with my mentor because we traveled together.

They will tell everyone you're gay if you don't fuck them when the reality is they were just too ugly/fat.