The boys

K I N O

Attached: The-Boys-Season-1-Episode-2-Homelander.jpg (1920x816, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KGJLdnN0xHY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_(2019_TV_series)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not enough strong woman

also needs more people of color

AGREED.

And let's start this thread right...

NO

Yea ForumsFAGS

ALLOWED!!!

We don't give a shit about your little cartoon books, we talking based television here.

Attached: comicfags don't belong here.jpg (1024x601, 81K)

I can't tell if this is shills of if people are latching on to this show.

After Alita I can't tell anymore

just a humble shitposter who watched 8 hrs of tv in 2days

You're really comparing The Boys to Alita?

Go back to your Star Trek General, fag.

Homelander and the Deep are the best characters in the show and I'm upset they didn't just play the Deep straight and make him an ineffectual aquaman who did nothing wrong on a team full of assholes.

Actually based. Fuck comicfahs ruining every single thread

Homelander > The Deep > A-Train > Black Noir > Translucent > Maeve > Starlight

Translucent > Homelander > The Deep > Starlight > Maeve > Black Noir

Homelander REAL SHIT
Queen Maeve MUH DICK
A Train ....snore
Starlight ...snore
Translucent He was pretty cool
Black Noir I am curious
The Deep I laugh and I cry with him
Starlight I go back to snore...

Homelander > The Deep > Starlight > Translucent > The Female > A-Train > Queen Maeve > Black Noir

Translucent
Why didn't he take that detonator from the Hugh's hands?

It was good. It was bad. Overall, pretty mediocre with some good moments. The best parts were MILF mummy boss and Homelander / John, and the actor's performance stood out from all the rest which were somewhat underwhelming.
Most of the boys were rather uninteresting, even Butcher is rather 1 dimensional. Hughie didn't feel right either, I didn't really understand what they were trying to do with his character. They had moments earlier in the season where they attempted to show him about to explode with emotion but then it kinda stops happening later in the season and he completely forgets about his mixed gf that got turned into blood and guts.

Maybe things will get more fleshed out in a second season, but I really don't have much confidence. It kind of feels like a situation similar to American Gods, where the show had an alright first season with some bad moments and good moments to a very forgettable season 2.

The only thing in my earnest opinion Yea Forums should be railing over is not casting Vinnie Jones as Billy. That was the biggest mistake they made in the entire casting roster, and yes, that includes race-swapping A-Train.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.12M)

So why did A train have to get his compound V from Filipinos when Vought makes it

I thought Karl Urban did a pretty good job...

This is the first TV series since Twin Peaks: The Return ended that has commanded my full, undivided attention. I just wish it was weekly like TP:TR because the Yea Forums threads would be more fun.

Why agitate the guy? If he did wrestle the detonator what if Hughie accidentally clicks it, also dude was a cocky shithead

Why would the apology have taken place in the Seven's headquarters? It would have been in the lobby or in some random room

The one with A train an Hughie? So it feels personal duh

He has the worst English accent I have ever heard, switches between that and Australian in every scene.

Vinnie Jones would have been perfect

Whatever that shit sounds the same to me anyway, didn't even notice. Karl Urban still looked bad ass and kicked ass regardless.

Because him and homelander were working behind vought's back to make super villains.

No not for the terrorist thing but for the doping shit.

Get this liberal propaganda out of here please.

youtu.be/KGJLdnN0xHY

So, literally just finished watching this.

Tell me there's a second season in the works, without lying to me.

Probably. It was pretty popular. Season 2 will be mostly original story I'm assuming

Probably.
Just don't expect it to survive past three seasons.
Amazon has a habit of killing its good shows.

I can tell you without looking or knowing anything that there definitely is. Amazon is wet horny desperate for a quality, hit tv series and this as close as they've come.

why would it be original? all the plot points are there aside form some dumb ones like the clone

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_(2019_TV_series)

It premiered on July 26, 2019.[2] In early July 2019, Amazon renewed the series for a second season ahead of the series premiere.[3]

Zoomerposting

Butchers wife isn't dead, Supers are actually Super, in the comics most of them die from the military, Super Terrorists, Starlight is might work for the boys(?), the show deviates a lot from the source material breh.

>NO
>
>Yea ForumsFAGS
>
>ALLOWED!!!

This, reddit is welcomed tho, they're less spastic.

Good! Good.

Attached: 1521485470545.jpg (480x480, 47K)

Crossposter from Yea Forums. What you gonna do about it, bitch?

With that said, just finished this season. Glad they didn't make it a 1:1 adaptation and I certainly wasn't expecting the ending.

I was wondering about this. News had already broke that Stormfront would be a genderswap, so I was wondering when the fuck this person would show up. Next season then? I'm game.

This. Comics fags always cry at the smallest change in the adaptation

Attached: wolfy.gif (462x200, 1.17M)

Vinnie Jones can't act.
However, I'd have liked Clive Owen.

What do you think about the Boys themselves not being superpowered, and do you think that will change in a future season?

definitely. they don't power up till later in the comics too.

He had a bunch of lines where I literally couldn't understand a word he was saying, just had to guess from context. It's the most unintelligible English accent I've ever heard, even scousers aren't that bad.

whats the best way i can watch this without giving money to the Bezos

That isn't true. If I recall Hughie doesn't power up until later but the boys have been powered up.

Given how they changed the material around, the Compound V bit is the least of my gripes if at all, to tell the truth.

Only issue with this from a storytelling standpoint is "how" did they take care of business back when it was Mallory's Gang but even that can kind of be explained away with the idea that they would simply beat the asses of those they could, and find deeper shit on those they could not.

With that being said however, I do believe we're going to see a point where they're going to NEED to up their game and will need to get on The Female's level when things start getting serious later on down the line ( though I'm wondering how they're going to give us the origin of Mother's Milk if V has nothing to do with it )

the female and MM start powered, but the rest don't power up til later

It seems like they aren't doing the homelander blackmail twist with becca being alive and whatnot.

Interested to see where it goes.

Butcher crushes a pistol in his hands in issue 2.

He wasn't taking it from gooks, he was taking it to gooks to experiment on adults with.

I'm nearly certain and seems to agree that only Hughie powers up later.

I don't think so since he goes to the noodle place to dope with popclaw

im googling furiously.

mm powers up more later drinking milk, Buitcher is powered from the start via the CIA, and it seems frenchie was powered whenever he was last time.

Despite the plot changing almost entirely, the overall essence feels very faithful. The characters (other than the deep) feel pretty true to the original, and the deep wasn't even a character in the books.-

>the deep

Attached: 1525942433159.jpg (320x252, 17K)

I still feel like he would have been a better character if they dropped the blackmail and sexual assault bits entirely and just made him Aquaman.

Its a good show I had a lot of fun watching it.

123movies

The Deep is the most relatable.

>Used to easily banging infatuated fans, so doesn't think twice when he realizes Starlight is an admirer
>Wants to save dolphins
>Upset that nobody actually takes him seriously
>Gets metoo'd by a fucking bitch on a power trip
>still finds QT to fuck in Sandusky
>Is a handsome devil
>despite being shit on he is the only reason the 7 find Translucent pr even cares about the boys at all.

The deep is /our/guy

is this Day Z? that shit was amazing

>self-conscious about his weird belly

>is a manlet

Attached: e284d9db41da20417e73a1783f9af5a36e9d348c.jpg (600x350, 23K)

I don't understand accent fags. Maybe he moved around a lot as a wee lad, maybe he grew up in the outskirts where he picked up on the local dialect. Or maybe he got his head rung which caused him to speak fucked up. WHO CARES.

If you stick a bomb up someone's ass with indestructible skin, he won't explode because the skin is still indestructible.

Maybe it's only indestructible when he turns the invisibility on.

They describe it as being too tough to break from the inside.

Think of the monologue from Armageddon. "Light a firecracker in your open palm and you burn your hand, close that firecracker into a fist and you'll lose the hand.

So shooting and stabbing from the outside is useless but a pound of explosives up his ass blows him to pieces.

>I literally don't know what the pressure from an explosive can do to a human body
I mean you are right if you are saying he should have just died on the spot or it should have exploded, he became visible and then died.

no knowing the comics I just assumed he's playing an Australian
or New Zealander
or a half english / half australian mix

technically the bomb should have liquefied all his internal organs but the carbon skin remains in one piece. It would kill him either way though so I think it's irrelevant

I never said he wouldn't die moron. It's just not a believable death. It would have made more sense to just have blood come spraying out of invisible eye sockets, ear holes, nose, and his mouth like a geyser. That would have made more sense and looked fucking awesome.

Attached: 1559343231977.png (650x527, 833K)

havent read the comics or watched the show. Read a little about the comic series and it comes across as a much more biased and spiteful remake of the Watchmen. Does the tv series tone down Ennis' autistic hatred of superheroes or is it just as over the top as the comics.

Those Yea Forums nerds can't stop spamming their comic pages. Why should I care about non moving pictures?

idk some like pic related are a hoot

Attached: 1564441422057.jpg (1397x2328, 1.05M)

Why the fuck is this show SO green?

Like every scene that isn't at Vought tower is green as all fuck.

the same reason why True Detective is yellow - that filter is supposed to ilicit disgust or unsettlingness

Some of them are funny.

Attached: 1538326040541.jpg (1037x1600, 414K)

Why does huei look 48 going on 70?

Attached: vagmeister.png (1764x2262, 629K)

God these comics seem overly edgy

Glad the show turned it down.

At least there's no trannies.

Attached: IT'S A LOLGINA YOU MORON.png (665x441, 113K)

Attached: Boys6445.jpg (1326x1019, 309K)

Attached: 1564470471440.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

The fuck is this. I keep seeing it

Attached: 1564471484743.webm (1920x1080, 2.98M)

im glad they deviated from the source material, the comics are alright, but too much silly shit to adapt 100%

That's Ennis for you. He wants to be the king of edge lords.

I'd say a pretty good job with the first season.
But while it's nice that they don't follow everything from the sometimes way too edgy comic, they should've included some stuff.

The focus on heroes is zoomed in. There are more than 200.000 superheroes but we are just focusing on the 7, it seems. Maybe season 2 brings out some B listers. Should've been the other way around though. They've already managed to kill one of the 7, while starting out lower would've been better.

The boys are pretty useless in comparison to their comic versions. Those guys were real professionals. Here, they don't seem to know what they're doing, except for the start of the show when they killed Translucent.

The plane scene was very underwhelming. The comic did this one way better. Not with the gore, but with the complete chaos that ensued. It's supposed to show that heroes aren't trained professionals and can't handle such a situation.

Butcher's entire motive is fucked in the show. Homelander(or actually Black) is supposed to rape his wife, she dies from the superhero fetus and Butcher has to kill it. Her being alive kills much of his motivation. It ALSO kills the best plot line of the entire book, which is that Homelander isn't actually some psychopath but just an asshole.

Hughie's motivation is also through the window. He's supposed to kill A-train, but now he saves him? Doesn't make any sense. His role and Starlight's is also reversed, with her being mad at him instead of the other way around.

Fuck Starlight. She isn't supposed to be this powerful cunt, but takes it willingly. Atleast Homelander put her in her place.

They should've made Starlight the little useless bitch that she was like in the comic. Not this empowerement bullshit.
It's why they made The Deep white. Can't have a loser black character on the show. At least A-train actually does stuff

one of the really fucked up issues that trans people deal with that are never mentioned like pic related

Attached: 1559512145043.jpg (1536x1219, 125K)

Is he shaving his bone?

Why exactly do you incessantly browse niche tranny sub reddits looking for this stuff and keep an extensive folder of trannie surgery shit and post it on completely unrelated threads?

If that was talked about more openly, too many people would snap out from their tranny delusions. You'd be left only the truly mentally challenged ones.

Hughie pulled the trigger WHEN he turned invisible

It's so bizzare. It did some things far better and others far worse. While the actual overarching plot and what they went with with Homelander and the other supers is more interesting because they went with a less edgy route the boy's themselves suffer for it.

Ennis's greatest flaw is that he is a fucking edgy bastard but below that is a genuinely great talent at character writing and emotional moments. The Boys feel like less than cliches of themselves. Even Frenchie, french accent joke, has lost the emotional depth that gave his death such meaning.

Someone post the webm of Popclaws ass

maybe it would have been better to leave out the boys altogether and focus on the supes and corporations

everytime there is a scene with the boys i find myself just waiting for the next supe scene, especially Homelander

Translucent doesn't have super strength. He hit Butcher multiple times and Butcher still didn't fall. Annie could punch through fucking bricks, if Translucent had anywhere near her strength he'd break Butcher's face in

So there's no point trying to wrestle it away from a dude who he might not even be able to wrest it from before Hughie clicks the detonator.

They used his body to tamp the bomb, all that energy has to go somewhere.

Yeah. This Homelander is so much better. Ennis had a payoff with him but this needy trying too hard to be his mother's pride and joy man child is so much more enjoyable.

Which makes you wonder where they'll go with his character and if will be any more interesting.

There's plenty of opportunity for him to be an ass and a half now that he's holding all the cards, but I dunno if the writing is going to be as good as it was this season.

If he was in The Boys how would he do?

Attached: kfh-sc-df-1486-2000-2000-1125-1125-crop-fill-1_53fj.jpg (2000x1125, 133K)

God I'm still so fucking salty about what they did to Frenchie.

Just finished it lads. Absolute KINO of the highest quality.

pic related was easily the best part and is quite definitely our guy

Attached: the-boys-homelander-airplane-scene.jpg (978x652, 59K)

lol imagine getting cucked by superman
like what do you even do at this point

Why can't HL see through Zinc of all things?

plot to kill superman

>Homelander is Superman
>A-Train is Flash
>Queen is Wonder Woman
>Deep is Aquaman

>Butcher is Batman

>wear kryptonite cock ring
>have semen irradiated by kryptonite
>impregnate a female
>wait for antisupermen to hatch

What did they do to him?

i am pretty hyped for homelanders death

>Black noir is batman
>butcher is the punisher
FTFY

Black noir is batman

They added more to his character but as a result stripped away a lot.
He's more generically cool.

They power up on their first job in the comics. Or rather hughie gets injected by butcher against his will. The rest of them had been on that stuff already.

Black Panther

Then he would have been boring. It's about how corrupt most super heroes are.

if they go through with Butcher's arc i'm sure they'll juice up in season 2 and he'll go full nuts

Would have much preferred Urban in a Dredd series than this

Might be because I'm tired but I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

Then again it's been ages since I read The Boys so I didn't see anything wrong with him. He's still the quirky frenchman I'm familiar with. If I had a problem with anything it's the fact that because they decided to switch timelines around and not have The Female join until later, they have to rush the affection they both have for one another within eight episodes so it just comes off as him literally catching Yellow Fever overnight when he's got a chick that he's been hanging with much more, who conveniently disappears halfway through S1.

I mean in the comics HL blows up a plane cause he felt like it while they were are herogasm. He certainly is more than just an asshole

not him but imo that's what made The Deep an interesting person. The Seven were full of asshats, whereas The Deep was the only person attempting to simply survive. He was even the only person who made the offer for The Boys and The Seven to join up with one another.

While everyone having more depth and flaw to them works here, The Deep worked in the comics because of how fucking over the top the world around him was otherwise.

obviously, it's molecular structure, duh!

How come you faggots never complained about the Stranger Things pedoposters??

>most based character
Homelander
>most entertaining to watch character
The Deep
>cutest character
Starlight
prove me wrong

started reading the comics while watching the show, honestly prefer the show, the comic has really bad heart I miss some of the edgy shit in it though

now that I think about it, it's weird that his punch didn't hurt Butcher more, if the guy had a sort of diamon like skin it should at least hurt a bit more than regular fist

Dudes dont watch anything coming out of amazonjew its full of SJW propaganda, read based and redpilled source material

Attached: uyhnkjn.jpg (945x615, 211K)

makes no sense. Batman is the who is the who watches the watchmen - batman is very explicit it that he does not trust the JL and in return is not expected to be trusted in return by the rest of the JL. Black Noir is the same plus a twist. He is batman where do you see BP comparisons.

Because we have always had pedoposters

what this user said. In the silver age justice league that is meant to be parodied in the boys Aquaman was the mose useless in a team of genuine heroes. The Deep is the the most useless on his team but because theyre all evil he ends up being vindicated because he just fucks off and leaves once shit hits the fan because its ultimately his morals that limit him from being evil like the rest of his team unlike Aquaman who is usually shooed away by martian manhunter or superman because of how limited his powers are not because he disagrees with their intentions.

>read based
It's cringefest of over the top gore and pederastia.
Literally you feel what a shity perv the one who draw this.
It's like touching somebodies shity underwaer.
Yuck!

WAIT!
So the fucking whore DID cheat with Homelander and made everyone including Billy believe she was dead?

Watched first 2 episodes
>his skin is hard as diamonds, we can't shoot him but somehow gets headbutted no problem
>we need to kill him but can't penetrate skin - didn't think of carbon monoxide poisoning and millions of other ways to kills someone without piercing skin. Then they went with the most retarded shock value only solution
didn't start too great for me. does it get good? or is it going to be full of things that are supposed to shock us instead of making sense? seriously what tv finds good at this point is just anything other than marvel nevermind the quality.

she was the real villain all along

Why does Homelander's actor look like he's suffering from a Botox addiction?

Remember that its comic book """""""writing""""""" but show cut most of that shit out, worth watching for our guy Antony Starr.

Attached: 1564381804067.png (293x231, 144K)

well it's not for sure that it wasn't rape. homelander isn't a good measure of consensual. but pretty much the company put her into a new life.

she has the son of homelander, they both want to control that valuable kid who might be a super hero, but also they probably didn't know if homelander would want a kid or would try to kill him.

i think one of the things he figured out was that they kept the knowledge of the kid away from him.

this tbf im from uk and i thought he was supposed to be australlian at first untill they mention "a british guy", oh well more or less the same

What's this I'm constantly hearing about Black Noir being responsible for Homelander doing evil shit?

>guys compound V is totally super secret nobody knows
>learn in the last ep that literally thousands of people are aware of its existence
>even if you disagree with them pumping your child full of chemical shit you somehow agree to never tells a soul
Biggest plot hole right here

And like being the mastermind behind everything?

YOU STAY BACK OR I'LL LASER YOU GODDAMMIT

Attached: Untitled.png (1077x458, 525K)

This show is just badly written. Of course Yea Forums's gonna hype it up because "muh edgy mommy Chad and fish guy who is literally me xD"

Also someone has pictures of Becca?
Or a webm of her coming out of HL office after he fucked her for hours straight? That scene gave me the biggest boner

Crashing in a plane is my greatest fear so that shit kinda gave me anxiety

every time i'm in a plane I pray for a crash
you can't really hope for something more quick and painless.

in the comics the original black mail they have on homelander, like the worst shit he's ever done, is actually black noir, not him. he still did lots of fucked up shit, but the most inexcusable stuff was a set up just to fuck with him.

w...what the fuck, why does his arm need to be have half of it removed becuase hes a tranny?

What about the Lamplighter?
He burns children alive so should get first rank in any edgy ranking.

>is actually black noir, not him

How is Black Noir able to do that if he's meant to be the Batman of the group? Is that also the case in the show?

who knows if it will be the same in the show, they might change it to keep it a surprise twist.

but basically they're the same guy, noir is a clone, so he looks just like homelander. since they're pretty much test tube babies.

He's a more powerful clone of Homelander created to kill Homelander if needed be.

Black noir eventually gets restless because it seems like Homelander will never turn bad so he just pretends to be him doing evil shit.

but black noir is nothing like batman,it would have to be butcher if anyone if not that tech knight character

This show's reliance on popular classic upbeat songs in place of every dramatic fight or moment is almost as bad as Suicide Squad.

true, but he's designed to be their batman.

but Homelander is already doing evil shit 24/7?

black noir has batmans role with a twist. why would a parody of the justice league have black panther that makes no sense. I always seen tec knight as a mockery of iron man but ill agree he has a bit of bat man in him.

HL is the most powerful superhero so vaught got nervous in case he went evil so they cloned him and that clone is black noir
black noir's sole purpose was to kill HL and he new about it, problem was that HL never went bad so noir had to take matters into his own hands and manipulating HL into thinking he was evil so he could attempt to overthrow the government so that noir could finally do what he was born to do

The airplane scene Bros. I remember reading it I the comic.
So fucking amazing.

yes, but it drives him crazy that he can't remember doing certain atrocious shit. he usually does things for a reason, like because someone did something to him or for pleasure. but black noir was just slaughtering people gruesomely for apparently no reason. and basically gave the boys leverage to fuck with homelander. it also forced him to go full evil and stop playing the hero game.

during the surgery they have to rip off the flesh of the patient so they can use it to graft their new body parts.

Planes and superheroes don't mix

Attached: planedeath.jpg (628x415, 47K)

A fail-safe turned self-fulfilling prophecy. Neat.

The show does a good job filtering out the sick edgelord style Garth Ennis uses. good on em

Yeah but it also butchers some good plot lines like Black noir's purpose and Butcher's and Hughie's motivation

>make The Deep a fucking creep who coerces the innocent hero into a blowjob under threat of ruining her career
>revealed he's a rapist
>the rest of the show has him portrayed as a hilarious pathetic loser the audience is going to sympathize with and root for

What the FUCK did Seth Rogen mean by this bizarre disconnect?

fucking hell, what about from the leg or somthing where less people could see, what other horrifc shit do they do?

can you ask in a dedicated tranny thread?
thanks

its hard to hate handsome people, they can get away with anything

Guess they can't afford protein sponge based tissue growth. It's not like the tissue they use in the graft does need to have a specific purpose.

but i hate going in those threads, atleast im safe here, im still discussing the boys at the same time with yas, my favorite character is homelander xd

i guess its the price they pay for getting they axe wound made in china/taiwan/turkey

He didn't fly so good

That's the face I made when I found out Billy put all that work into killing supes, but no work into searching for his missing wife

>"b-but they didn't follow the source material!!!"
Yea Forums fags let me tell you something. This is one of those instances where deviating from the source material made for a much more enjoyable show.

That's Nubian Prince

He was getting noodles from that place and doping up with leftover V after his delivery was made

Was it rape?

Attached: 1564458829975.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

That face when you could be king of the underwater world, but choose to sit around in Ohio because the writers want to make a joke of you. He should have been building a shark army or humping dolphins, but they had him sitting in a hotel room because?

lmao

well they probably moved her far away and changed all her info. how was he going to find her?

This would've been great to see. Fucking hell, why did they ruin it

If his abdomen is that sensitive how did he ever become a super hero? First punch to the stomach from a normal person and he is down for the count

he's super strong, his abs aren't sensitive, she stuck her fingers in his gills. that's like violently finger fucking your eyes or your anus. shit was going to hurt despite the powers.

CIA:. Here's a video of your wife leaving a confined room with HL, she looks happy and guilty. Later she is seen on a park bench looking contemplative. You saw her gushing over him at a party before all this started.
Billy: OMG HL must have killed my wife!

Uhhhhh... What?

How the fuck did a scene of a girl sticking her mitts into fake cgi fish holes make me feel pain and empathy for a dickhead

she didn't look happy she stumbled out looking disheveled. then later she looked like oh fuck, probably because she realized she was pregnant. it might have been her cheating on him but by the looks of it it did seem like rape.

pretty obvious its denial. but she still could of got raped by not homlander we'll see, just gotta figure out why mallory hates homelander?

The Deep is going to be the greatest redemption arc in television history.

She was being quiet and showing signs of depression breh

presumably the last time they tried to take down the 7 they failed. so in that i'm guessing they killed her grandkids as a result of butcher failing to kill a cape.

Vinnie's too old and looks like shit nowadays.
Snatch Vinnie might've been cool if he didn't have that dumb like a bag of hammers look on his face all the time.

they mentioned it was frenchie who fucked up, but yeah did they mention of lamp light was alive or dead, since starlight was the one replacing him, not sure if they mentioned it or if they hinted that "the boys" killed him

Why are Yea Forumsfags spoiling everything?

Reminds me of the GOTfags who couldn't help themselves spoiling the show until it outpaced the books and literally spoiled any new books (there won't be any). Karma is a bitch and she always comes back around.

...but seriously, stop being faggots or go back to Yea Forums.

jingo amerimutt detected.

the story is quite different, the boys are a group before finding hughie complete with the female. they already know about compound v and have been using it and killing supes in a previous incarnation of the boys (they get back together in the comics). I'm liking the tv show better than the comics desu.

Only way for those nerds to feel superior.

thats one of the good things about the show tbf its going in its own direction so far comics fags btfo

This
I didn't read the comics but this show is 10/10

Yeah, tv writers going rogue and putting fanfiction in adaptations always works out right? I don't know if I'm going to like some of the changes because we need the second/third season to fully see how it all panned out.

Overall I enjoyed the show, especially the castings felt spot on, i wish the ordered more episodes initially instead of waiting to see how season 1 was received. becca being alive feels like it's going to remove too much of butchers backstory

YIKES imagine being so wrong.

Homelander > The Deep > Translucent > A-Train > Black Noir > Maeve > Starlight

Attached: 1564476344405.jpg (936x949, 124K)

I hate Becky with all my fucking heart. She is a god damned whore, and I hope she gets killed slowly in season 2

How much does Karen Fukuhara do in this? I really only want to watch this for her.

if the comics are worse than this tv adaptation then how they even have fans to begin with baffles me

Lamplight "retired" in the show
whatever that may ambiguously mean

so they needed another one for the 7

sneed

she goes from being a dirty mongrel whore to a cutie patootie killer

yeah but i was wondering if i they implyed he was delt with or if they are just saving him for later since the actor they wanted for him was unavailble or somthing

Oh god post the responses. What a stupid fucker.

She has a cool fight
pinoy, Black noir, break A-train leg

>warning for rape
>no rape
False advertising I want my money for the pirated copy back

Might be explained in S2
They have 2 free seat to fill in sequel

>watching first episode
>discussion about how baltimore is a murderous shithole

Attached: he handsome.jpg (859x1024, 95K)

only thing i didn't like was the cucking, it kinda downplays butcher's absolute hatred for heroes and just turns him into an angry cuck

it doesn't change his past actions because he didn't know he was a cuck and just thought his wife was dead.

now, going forward, he is a knowing cuck and all his actions will be tainted by it

she came three times

>now, going forward, he is a knowing cuck and all his actions will be tainted by it
that's what's kinda bringing it down for me, unless there was some other big tweeest(like the wife being the doppelganger or some shit) at the start of season 2.

Jesus Christ that's a weird Pepe. Is he wearing a Liberace rug?

deep got raped

homelander aint even mad because butcher's actions revealed that homelander had a son.

he dgaf about anything else anymore and could not care less about the other supes.

so he'll let butcher live but what asspull are they going to use to take homelander down because i don't think they are going to use the comic method.

I watched and re-watched all his videos before and he is unreal fun but why are you posting him here ?

Yup, they started shooting before season 1 even dropped

>made by Seth "pot" Rogan
no thanks

Nah, you're just an incel. Him doing that, and then the show successfully making us feel sorry for him, is kino.

Deep just being a failed Chad is generic

Yeah it was kind of weird.

I thought Butcher had the V already and that's why Translucent wasn't punching his head off but no, they didn't have it yet. So I guess Translucent just doesn't train much?

I find it funny that actual good comic book shows such as Doom Patrol or Swamp Thing get no threads here, but when this drops everyone must talk about it.

Maeve > ALL
she's my Goddess

Is Becky gonna get killed? I sure hope so, god damned slut

The show mentioned her and Homelander used to be together, what do you think happened to make them split?

Homelander doesn't seem like he'd do the Black Noir sex thing in the show.

Homelander doesn't care because he is a literal god, in the comics supes aren't that much of a threat, they were more like celebrities

Still wondering about Starlight 'cause I know she's got some superpowers we can obviously note, but she took two large caliber rounds to the chest and obviously one of them penetrated and we could see the blood basically center mass in the heart area.

Just what the fuck is that girl made of, anyway.

Overall I liked it, was pretty awesome for the most part, a little weak at times on story but whatever, it's dirty gritty superhero stuff.

Basically Watchmen + Powers + a few other shows/stories all combined into one.

anthony starr is a great actor and i picked this show up just because of him, was not disappointed. check out Banshee as well, similar in many ways.

how does it? he assumed she was raped and killed, it dosnt downplay anything yet we will have to see how that affects him from here on out

Based.

I want this poster now, geez.

Attached: Popclaw.png (1440x720, 921K)

How will the SJWs react when it turns out the Black Panther in this series is a white supremacist nazi rapist who eats babies? Full frontal race war kino.

You think this is the worst of it, you ain't seen anything yet. Old pedotrannies are now drafting laws where schools can decide your kid is a tranny, take them away to foster care if the parents disagree, and then force all these chemical castration drugs and frankengina surgeries on them before they're 18. This is exactly why Homelander is our guy.

Attached: fecal trannies.png (578x231, 71K)

Attached: no one knows how.jpg (750x654, 140K)

Jesus that was peak mommykino. Shame all we have left now is CIAmommy.

Attached: RCO015.jpg (1047x1600, 541K)

>what do you think happened to make them split?
Homelander knew that Maeve is a lesbian and he threatened her girlfriend, I think Homelander says it

Found the transcel.

Attached: agpedo.png (491x329, 436K)

Yeah, just the other day i heard it on the news about the rats and homicide rate how the police there is fucking retarded as shit

No, I'm pretty sure Homelander was in an actual relationship with Maeve, her girlfriend happened later or something.

Plus Homelander I think says something more like, "If you find another I'll fucking kill them"

Does Swamp Thing have trannies? The capeshit series with supergirl has a tranny, and I'm not wasting time on dicks in miniskirts.

So what happened next?

Mallory is top tier mommy material, I fucking love her she's so hot

disgusting

Attached: 1482949954638.png (416x533, 237K)

In the comics 9/11 the planes hijacked were not flow into the twin towers but instead caused by the incompetence of the heroes into the brooklyn bridge (still thousands dead).
This got covered up

He cute.

Basedlander doing what he does best.

Attached: RCO018.jpg (1041x1600, 473K)

another capeshit with skeletons actresses

Attached: Dominique McElligott.jpg (391x594, 31K)

They butchered Maeve by making her into another "positive" but subservient female role model

The original has starlight giving head to HL, BN, and A-train.

So why didn't they kill A-Train?

And I don't mean after the heart attack. I'm talking about when Kimiko broke his fucking leg at Hugh's place.

A-Train had been literally threatening to kill Hugh's dad the entire time and was acting like a fucking lunatic. Why didn't they kill him then?

Does she also throw the woman?

having a super rape baby pop out of your wife alien style and then being forced to beat the thing to death - even if being edgy as fuck - does a lot more to explain his abject hatred of homelander and supes in general than this plot

I understand that trannies are mentally ill, but what about the doctors? do they not see the insanity, do they just go along with it because going against it would cause them troubles? or do they do it because they are intrested in the mdeical aspect of it, to see how far can they go

I read most of the comic, and the show is way better. I would sacrifice edginess for better characterization 10 times out of 10. The Boys are better, The Seven are better, and the overall plot is better.

Attached: 2022398-horse.jpg (320x230, 17K)

I WANT KIMIKO GF AND I WANT IT NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: kimiko.png (625x269, 231K)

I'll have to read through the thread but

>Why were so many plotlines dropped halfway through?
>Why was The Deep just a shitty comic relief character? Why didn't they try and make him other than "Guy Who Fucks Fish"?
>Why was A-Train alive when they broke his leg? They just cut away from that scene and next thing we know he's coming out of a hospital in a cast. How did he get there? Why didn't they just crowbar his head?
>Why did they need such stupid fake conflict between Shiny Blonde and Hughie? Like, she knew he was telling the truth about everything at that point, she knew everything else he was saying made sense, why would she just fuck off?
>Why didn't she just quit Vaught to begin with? If she hates it so much,couldn't she just not work with them? Surely there isn't some mandatory company license to save people?

Here's my problem with the end: It sets up an unwinnable moment for Butcher because the moment it ends he is completely broken as a character. He can't nobly sacrifice himself to the good of his goals, he can't rage against the death and rape of his wife, and he really has no options in the scene that has to follow where it ended. His literal only option in that scene would be to either make her watch him die horribly so that she can feel some guilt for her actions, or he could walk away and there never be any resolution for any of the things he worked all series for because everything he did with the FBI is worthless at that point. He can't hurt Homelander, he can't do anything. He has, as screenwriting goes, "lost" the scene.

And I don't see how that's a progressive development for the story. Like what could the chick possibly do to help the situation? She clearly wasn't raped. she clearly feels no guilt, and she either has to accept Homelander or encourage Butcher to try and play step-daddy to her cuckbaby.

It's a bad writing hole to be in if you want the audience to care about any of them.

>you will never eat Popclaw's ass

Attached: Blade.Runner.2049.2017.Bluray.1080p.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos.x264-Grym_snapshot_01.22.24.778_[2019.07.29_17. (1920x1080, 652K)

A-Train must have a mommy fetish, because Popclaw looked like she was in her mid forties.

Why did he let her do that?
He's a super hero. He's way stronger than her. Why didn't he just push her off?

He'd already been scorned by a woman on a power-trip, he didn't want another

Didn't want another sexual assault accusation

>watch this show
>a plot point is about needing to save Baltimore

kek, but the city is great huh

It's clear to me they'll start the next season with Butcher and Becca reuniting with her saying they forced her to run away and hide or something.

Then homelander will kill her for real and fly off with the kid

this

well not really there are loads of options they could do

this homlander could be not homlander as he killed his mommyfu could be a litle out of character but not homlander dosnt give two shits about her

she could be that dopple ganger working with homelander

he could be nomrla homelander but still kill them both and leave him alive now he has a real reason to hate them and motivaties him to really get him back

mallory saves the day in some deus ex tracking mahooy soic gun that shoots the kid or knocks homelander out i dunno im not a writer but im sure there are thousands of ways

sorry for the terrible grammer i rushed typing it

Does homelander has no weakness? How about using a mirror to relfect his lazers?

My main issue is they are blowing away people in things like hospitals but they are not caught on any security cams entering, exiting or anything else. Complete nonsense.

>he could be normal homelander but still kill them both and leave him alive now he has a real reason to hate them and motivaties him to really get him back
literally for what reason though? in the comics this would have been doable since he was driven sort of insane by black noir if he did this in the show it with be a rapid 360 of his character.
>mallory saves the day in some deus ex tracking mahooy soic gun that shoots the kid or knocks homelander
this would irrevocably fuckover the show
>there are thousands of ways
not without it sounding and looking stupid unless there's a really good twist to it.

>this homlander could be not homlander as he killed his mommyfu could be a litle out of character but not homlander dosnt give two shits about her
No, I think the fact that Homelander A.) Knew Becca and his son was alive and B.) Exactly where to find them, plus his change in tone once he found out he had a son (a thing he clearly reacted to as if he always wanted one) means he would likely force Becca to play mom for him. He clearly likes her on a base level, and honestly she's a whore at that point so I wouldn't feel sympathy (thanks story!).

>she could be that dopple ganger working with homelander
I don't get the sense that Homelander actually knows or cares about anyone he doesn't have direct contact with, including the names and powers of other heroes/employees.

>he could be nomrla homelander but still kill them both and leave him alive now he has a real reason to hate them and motivaties him to really get him back
I didn't get the sense that Homelander likes the "game" of all of it. He doesn't see himself as human at all, he doesn't value human life or what people want. He doesn't value Butcher's need for revenge or see him as a rival at all because he knows he could literally just pop the dude any second he chooses. The tone didn't give any indication that he wants Butcher alive to keep fucking with him, especially when with MilfLady gone, Homelander is basically poised to seize complete control of Vaught and rule everything everywhere.

>im not a writer but im sure there are thousands of ways
You're misunderstanding my point. My point was I don't see any way for BUTCHER out of that scene, not with his character intact. It doesn't matter if Homelander lets him live and walk away, if someone comes in guns blazing, or if he dies right there. There's no way the scene following the very last one ends in anything other than Butcher being an empty character, because we watched his motivation and his life's work die in front of us.

he's essentially a sociopathic superman. problem is there's no kryptonite and the guy that's supposedto take him down is black noir

Nah, homelander remembers the doc saying people like him needed to be raised with a mother. Homelander knows hes fucked up. Butcher is an insect to him. A non entity.

Get off these threads if you cant handle people talking about the source material

Attached: The.Boys.1-5-2.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

Attached: The.Boys.1-3-4.webm (1920x1080, 2.99M)

My main thesis here is: The last scene effectively trapped the writers as far as Butcher's character goes.

As I see it, there are only two real options for the character to progress. Either he flips everything and uses his last 8 years of rage at Homelander, at the world, at The Man, and turns it on Becca after being confronted with the fact that she CHOSE to cheat, which would require him to be Rorschach'd in order to express that. Like, he's either gotta blow his own brains out right in her face or ask Homelander to explode him, but either way that has to happen.

The other option is he walks away or is "saved", but he'd leave the scene impotent, knowing he not only lost his wife, but lost her in the worst way AND he was humiliated and emasculated by Homelander AND there's nothing he can do about it but kill them all, but even that wouldn't bring him real closure.

So I think they sort of broke the character.

Real butcher wouldve snapped the baby's head

Attached: The.Boys.1-7-6.webm (1920x1080, 2.99M)

Right, I'm almost certain he's going to essentially force Becca to be his wife. Though if I were predicting how this type of story would be written, my guess would be he would get mad at her for something, kill her behind the kid's back, and then take him and try and force Queen Maeve to be his wife and raise the kid, since Homelander is clearly being set up to be some sort of Emperor character, by taking over Vaught and then using his power and the heroes to overthrow the government or some shit. So it makes sense he'd want Maeve as his "Queen".

You're misunderstanding my point. My point was I don't see any way for BUTCHER out of that scene, not with his character intact. It doesn't matter if Homelander lets him live and walk away, if someone comes in guns blazing, or if he dies right there. There's no way the scene following the very last one ends in anything other than Butcher being an empty character, because we watched his motivation and his life's work die in front of us.

maybe butcher kills her for being a filthy supe lover, and gives a nice smirk "same rules apply" type deal

Attached: The.Boys.1-3-3.webm (1920x1080, 2.59M)

>maybe butcher kills her for being a filthy supe lover, and gives a nice smirk "same rules apply" type deal
It's possible but I don't see that working if Homelander wants her to help raise his kid. Plus I genuinely don't think it would make sense to write a character who's only motivation is his love for his wife, to then kill his wife. I think it'd be narratively limp.

Attached: The.Boys.1-3-2.webm (698x788, 2.84M)

he could of taken compound V just before he engaged in the hostage situation so he can atleast with stand homelander and or the explosion, what did he expect would happen when he blew the women up anyway the other thing would of been for homlander to attack him

He didn't mind dying, Butcher just wanted to make Homelander suffer by killing the one he loved (Madelyn). Hell he knew he wouldn't be able to kill the Homelander even with all the weapons in the world.

Also I don't think Butcher would risk injecting V into himself.

but even if she still lives he could just disown her mentaly and walk away and fuck it i dont need the bitch anyway, i still hate supes because there filthy scum, and someone needs to keep em in line, and there is still this v shit going round and this cunts making super villians maybe the CIA have got his back somewhere

I think he expected Homelander to back down, to negotiate in defense of MilfLady. Which as we can see, WOULD have been the case if the interaction had happened a day earlier. But when Homelander got there he had already learned the truth about his son from the old retired guy, and he already had decided to kill MilfLady for lying, so the point was Butcher's plan was wasted before it started.

Could he have taken Compound V? I don't know if that's how it works, they never really say. It seems like if you juice a baby with it it works, and via Homelander's comments if you try it on adults they usually just die, but the implication is you need a lot of it injected into the body over a long time, and not just one shot to turn someone into a superhero.

maybe he thought FUCK IT, works for these cunts it can work for me, maybe off screen he gave it to that guy who makes them V and said do somthing with this so i can use it when they first got it

Attached: The.Boys.1-8-1.webm (1920x1080, 2.95M)

> Homelander is basically poised to seize complete control of Vaught and rule everything everywhere.

i dunno i think guss from breaking bad will play the role of comic book stillwell, and be that authority that keeps homelander in check

All h*man woman are slaves to Supercock

>but even if she still lives he could just disown her mentaly and walk away and fuck it i dont need the bitch anyway
that would just make him an impotent cuck
>i still hate supes because there filthy scum, and someone needs to keep em in line
his entire reason for even hating supes has just been shown to be a lie.
>and there is still this v shit going round and this cunts making super villians maybe the CIA have got his back somewhere
he literally could not give a fuck about those cunts, he wanted the homelander and he was just shown that he literally wasted years raging for nothing AFTER getting cucked

edgy

i know i get you but that dosnt mean you instantly lose all your rage towards them, as he knows they are all scum now, now he just be mad at becky aswell, you dont automaticly loose your personality and become a hollow shell, whats done is done he would still be the same, homelander still made him lose his wife even if shes still alive so the resent ment is still there

maybe he kills the kid some how

Attached: The.Boys.1-7-5.webm (1920x1080, 2.98M)

C'mon, what he did to starlight was fucking awful. He legitimately blackmailed her there, not only with the 7 shit, but he was also going to ruin her life for good. Outside of that he is actually one of the least dickish 7. He is just a sad good looking guy.

>maybe he kills the kid some how
we'll have to see but if the kid gets all of homelander's abilities he's effectively unkillable. they're gonna have to pull off something brilliant to offset the cucking twist ending.

My theory is that it was something in between violent rape and consent. Like Homelander "implied" something bad would happen to her and her family if she didn't comply.

I don't think he's the least dickish, he's just...the least scheming, I guess? Like the others are either broken, empty people like Maeve, or drug-running egomaniacs like A-Train, or actively plotting megalomaniacs like Homelander. Deep is the only one who has no real machinations of his own, he just exploits what he has the opportunity to exploit, which isn't much since no one includes him in anything and he just wants to talk about fish.

The Boys are the weakest part of the show. Half of them have no motivation to be on the team, and they barely seem like friends.

Or, you know, Rogen wanted to make a bunch of silly jokes about Aquaman, and the best actor for the comedy relief role happened to be white.
Not everything is a conspiracy, for fuck's sake.

>My theory is that it was something in between violent rape and consent.
From the video of her leaving, she 100% consented.

The Deep is an idiot though, he honestly didn't understand that what he did was that bad. When he was talking to Starlight later it was like nothing had even happened and he was surprised she was still upset with him. He's going through a learning experience now where he realizes what he did. Personally I think it's brilliant writing to make a straight white #metoo male a sympathetic character.

Does anyone have a looping gif of A-train rapidly bashing Kimiko's head into the wall? That scene had me laffin

so wait, deep had like millions per month as his income and now he's reduced to 75 dollars a day?

was this black noir?
seems like it

can you talk about spoilers in the Yea Forums thread?

i surmised that by my superior intellect not by spoilers crafted by simpletons watching pictures from comics

My headcanon is that the deep is mentally retarded, exactly like the male models in Zoolander, and he doesn't know how to access his bank account that has millions in it. He only was able to live because someone at Vaught was handing him thousands in cash every day before he left the office or whatever.

Whens this getting a second sequel?

Attached: The.Boys.1-5-1.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

It wasn't very nice of him to kill his mommy

well we dont know or atleast havnt been told that yet, which to be fair to you is a weak point

>this man's the rapist
that mesmer show looked kino

Join the 41.

> ugly jewy actresses in capeshit
Im bored