So still looking forward to Dune eh Yea Forums?

So still looking forward to Dune eh Yea Forums?

Attached: niglietkynes.png (606x634, 472K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boundingintocomics.com/2019/07/29/exclusive-denis-villenueves-dune-film-to-gender-swap-liet-kynes/
youtube.com/watch?v=Y90xNI6DyY8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jJUZXzovjs0
dune.fandom.com/wiki/Spice_blow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is that mayday

why is it so hard to follow a novel without changing anything?

WTF is this trolling like the bloodborne threads?

Fuck sakes. Well at least it wasn't Leto or Paul.

Why? There’s already tons of prominent and important or empowered female figures in Dune

Nope. Dead to me now.

of course

start thinking macro

Attached: 1559258791422.jpg (1024x342, 86K)

dune kinda sucks in not book form from my experience

Attached: 1560461266629.jpg (717x960, 217K)

Still can't be any worse than Lynch's abomination or that god awful miniseries.

They could have just cast Max von Sydow again, that old motherfucker is still kicking.

yes

this is fake

think ill skip this one
its starting go all ghostbusters!

So I found the article: boundingintocomics.com/2019/07/29/exclusive-denis-villenueves-dune-film-to-gender-swap-liet-kynes/

>My source tells me Kynes is described as “a tall, lean woman in her forties who exudes pride and intelligence. She has sandy hair, a sun-tanned face, and the shocking blue eyes of spice saturation.”

Why did they use a picture of a black woman?

it should be real

nothing wrong with the lunch version
unlike ur mum

at least she gets the worst death next to rabban

No. They should have cast Grace Jones

Liet Kynes being a black woman is nothing compared to the Baron not being gay, which I'm 80% sure is going to be the case because having gay people be portrayed as villains is 'problematic'.
Lynch's version was kino though, except the retarded voice stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y90xNI6DyY8
The miniseries did suck though.

Lynch had Mexistanis play sandnigger Fremen. There's plenty wrong with that.

Mexicans are part sandniggers anyway because of their spanish ancestry.

Of course. I'm only looking forward to it because it's a Villenueve film. The books sucks, the more he changes the better.

>Why did they use a picture of a black woman?
makes for better bait

You suggesting Fremen should be portrayed by Chinese people wearing blackface shoepolish on their faces?

My first thought. Extremely cool guy right here Yea Forums

Based on that description, Indira Varma would be a near-perfect choice and I really hope they cast her.

Its been over a decade since I read Dune. Remind me who is Liet Kynes again?

D i s h o n e s t

yea, kinda odd but i suppose it doesn't matter that much. liet kynes gender is not super important, more his actions. still, seems unnecessary, dune does not lack for strong female characters.

the planetologist who realized that dune could be terraformed. he's important to the story since he starts the process of unifying the fremen and turning them into 'desert power', without which paul could not have taken on the galaxy. his daughter his pauls wife.

Hes the doctor who betrays duke leto

The book is great.

Original Liet is not young and handsome so I'm ok with this.

the ecologist at the start of the book, secretly working for the fremen.

No, it was Dr. Yueh who betrayed the Atreides.

While it doesn’t matter, I can’t imagine the writers made this change because there would be an improvement to the narrative. Quota based for sure. Also black and female actors command a lower salary.

Welp, it's the end for me, fuck Pedowood, and fuck all Americans for putting all of us in all this shit-political-cultural syops for years.

"A million deaths were not enough for Yueh!"

Paul is already Black and adopted, not Leto's son. Just Jessica's. It's his wife's son.

CHEETO DUST

>a known alt-right website makes random post about a gender-swap in dune
>quotes "my source"
>only site reporting this
it's fake as fuck but i'm not surprised the gullible tards on Yea Forums took the bait

Attached: 1558849363306.jpg (188x234, 11K)

Oh shit Kynes was the first Freeman guy they met that was like an ambassador.

Yup.

Cos you know: the source material is as relevant to anyone as it was to Mr. Garland when making Annihilation:

A dream m.youtube.com/watch?v=jJUZXzovjs0

Baron is Russian, so he will stay gay, pedophile and an embodiment of vice.

Perhaps, (s)he will be more obviously tied to Sisterhood.

MY DUDES, is Hunters and Sandworms of Dune worth reading? More importantly, even if the writing style is shit, can I read them without having to read the prequels and side books Brian wrote? I don't care for that nigga

He wasn't a Fremen. He was the Imperial Planetologist who married a Fremen woman and who united the tribes with his vision/promise of a green Dune.

Only the novel's written by Frank Herbert are worth reading. All other novels are trash and not canon.

>his daughter his pauls wife.
So Chani is going to be at least half black
So Leto will be at least a quarter black
The God Emperor Leto will be a mutt

Attached: 1552441246300.png (360x594, 250K)

NOPE

Not even for closure? I ain't touching Brian's prequels that's for sure

The sequels not written by Frank contradict what Frank has written so there's no closure to be gained.

>Why did they use a picture of a black woman?
Read further
>As to who could be playing Liet Kynes, my source speculates it will be actress Sharon Duncan-Brewster. She is credited on IMDB as having a role in Dune, but they don’t detail which specific role she is playing.

What closure do you need? The seed of humanity went beyond the reach of prophecy, thus achieving the Golden Path.

He dies from falling into water and it's not the sandworm part of him at fault

>Based
Will you poltards STOP spamming this nonsensical word? Fuck off back to your containment board.

Based

grr we hate that thing on Yea Forums downfall of western civiliztion day of the rope

I agree, no reason Paul shouldn't be Pauline, unless you think a woman can't be master of the universe. You don't think that do you bigot?

What about actual Arabs/Semitic people? Their language is basically Arabic, for fuck’s sake.

I mean it's not like Vladimir Harkonnen's creepy boy molesting faggotry was never going to make it in the movie anyways in the Year of Our John Oliver 2020 so might as well trash the whole movie

Or Persian, even. Give this based motherfucker right here a leading role.

Attached: 0C1E60A0-44AC-4E47-951D-AC370557F006.jpg (825x464, 49K)

The dishonesty strikes again.

Attached: 1156123156461.jpg (282x272, 13K)

Yeah I like that genders are really important in dune

Isn't Kynes Chani's father? how the fuck does that work now?

ahahaha
L

Y

N

C

H

E

D

Does anyone actually care what sex Keyens is? It had like zero relevence to anything

hail shai hulud!

or P Stew

...and I still don't care either way

Not that I believe that source, but the casting has been absolute shit already. I hold no hope for it.

wow I seriously can't believe there are people on this board who doubt based dennis

So should the holocaust, sadly, neither are.

That makes no sense. Jessica was setup with Leto to make Paul. The fact that Jessica choice a family life over honoring her commitment to the Bene Gesserit thus fucking their centuries long breedijg program is one of the reasons those witches are so pissed and want to torch House Atriedes.

The Bene Gesserit do not hate and do not want to torch House Atreides. And their breeding program was not ruined. It was just delayed by a generation.

Did anyone even check the article, basically boils down to
>negro actress has been cast in the film but role has not been disclosed, must be kynes
Why do people even read shit anymore

No it was rightly fucked. Losing control of Paul was pretty shit for them. It set them back a long, long time.

so they're going to make him a woman, have her get caught by harkonnens and thrown into the dessert to die by spice blow? that's kind of fucked up toward women isn't it? considering fucking all women in the original were powerful as fuck figures and literally only the men ever died

Actually, they were successful in creating a Kwisatz Haderach but a generation early. They were expecting the Kwisatz Haderach to be the generation after Paul. Jessica was supposed to produce a daughter who will mate with Feyd and the resulting offspring was they expected to be the Kwisatz Haderach.

That is wrong. She was told to only have a female child. The Bene Geserit wanted the Kwizatz Haderach to be female. Jessica disobeyed and gave Leto the male heir he wanted.

because these assholes are looking for attention and hype for their film projects

What is dying by "spice blow"? I think you just made that shit up. Being banished into the desert, you either died by being killed by a worm or dehydration.

>Kwizatz Haderach to be female
Nope. The Kwisatz Haderach has to be male. He's a male who can survive the Spice Agony and access the Other Memories of both male and female lines. They wanted Jessica to produce a daughter because they thought the Kwisatz Haderach will be the son of Feyd and Jessica's daughter. They did not expect the Kwisatz Haderach to arrive a generation early.

liet kynes in the book literally dies by being blown up by what they refer to as a "spice blow". which is basically how spice shows up in the sand. its a big chain reaction explosion created by little sand worm larvae or some shit i can't remember all the exact details.

here
dune.fandom.com/wiki/Spice_blow

That user is not making it up. It's mentioned in the novels.

So it's one of many ways you can die in the desert. Who gives a fuck. If you are banished to the desert you will likely dehydrate or be killed by a worm.

God I wish I could just murder anyone who makes these shitty race/ sex baiting threads every single day

but the entire point is liet kynes dies in a fucking metal way instead right before he dies from dehydration. so changing it to a woman for no fucking reason means that the only time any woman meets a terrible fate in this story is now because liet kynes is female. which I'm the current pc climate we're in is sure to chap some flaps

>They wanted Jessica to produce a daughter because they thought the Kwisatz Haderach will be the son of Feyd and Jessica's daughter.
No way Leto would have allowed this, though. Atreides hated Harkonnen. No way he would have let that happen. Granted, once he's dead, anything could be manipulated into happening, but that is a shit plan.

I agree, changing to Kynes to a woman is fucking stupid, since as others have already mentioned, there are plenty of strong, powerful women in the Dune saga. No need to vag-wash one minor character.

the entire plan of leto getting fucked was orchestrated by bene gesserit, the emperor himself, and harkonnens. i think even some others were involved but i don't remember. the thing they didn't bank on was paul being who he ended up being.

Ignoring all the obvious agendas that totally don't exist you racist incel (have sex), very few of these niggerfaggots actually want to work on franchise adaptations at all & just can not fucking resist weaving their own terrible OC bullshit in everywhere.

At this point I think the hollywood elite purposefully do this shit because they love antagonizing white men.

vag-wash literally only to kill them off when the original is literally set up to be the perfect fembait to begin with

>still thinking this is going to be any kind of faithful adaptation at all
Adorably naive, sincerely.

>boundingintocomics.com
lmao you all are legitimate two digit IQ literal retards if you believe this

Although people just use this excuse to fuck up anything they want and don't do it faithfully, a legitimate issue with turning prose to film is that you can end up losing a lot of essential prose content and mess up the themes if you don't change things to protect them. Meaning a one to one adaptation may not be the best and most faithful way to do it.

TFW you will never be dominated by a group of thick-thighed, big-bootied, 6'3" tall Fish Speakers

Attached: SadKeanu.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

dune literally over explains fucking every detail to make a one to one adaptation. insanely easy. people just can't help but over think it even further

>Meaning a one to one adaptation may not be the best and most faithful way to do it.
Not to mention that with long novels, it's literally impossible to do without having like a 6-8 hour movie.

Use spoiler tags

>dune literally over explains fucking every detail to make a one to one adaptation
Problem is that a lot of that "explanation" takes the form of expository inner, omniscient dialog that doesn't pertain to any plot or character action. To convey it all, you would need to have insane amounts of voice over or some other uninteresting filmic device.

go read the fucking books right now

I don't buy it, everyone from the entire cast noted how Villeneuve is going absolutely by the book and by the book only, that it's a straight adaptation.

lynch's dune even got this fucking right. combine that with the uninteresting device you talk about, let's say the camera's focus on body language, and it's insanely easy. you could also just let the body language speak for itself, but emphasize it's importance. movies have used that tactic before.

Brewster is most likely playing Shadout Mapes, fake noos.

Even the inner voice over Lynch used doesn't cover even 1% of the information presented in the novels.

This shit should be a 10 episode tv season per novel, maybe 6 episodes for that short second novel.

They were not planning to tell Leto. The daughter would be raised as a Bene Gesserit who would seduce Feyd to be impregnated. Jessica's mother did the same thing: seduce a young Baron Harkonnen. Yes, Jessica is Baron Harkonnen's daughter but they kept this a secret even from Jessica. Alia found out when she found her grandfather among her ancestors in Other Memory.

someone tried that and it was shit. if they movie does alright, we might get a new one.

This. Trying to get across characters like Alia & the twins is nearly impossible, especially since they have to be kids. It'd end up as either some Dinklage mocap CGI abomination or a lefty meme wall of dialogue.

Go back.

>Isn't Kynes Chani's father?
Yeah. Grandfather of the god emperor. Liet's not a minor character.

>mother of chani, grandmother of the god-emperor
that was hard

Because people like you let people like that desecrate all that was preserved, and in response you'd just say "omg who cares! It's JUST ONE MORE".

Well those chickens have come to roost. Guess those horrid neckbeard incels on /pol/ were right, aye faggot?

Attached: 1564113927529.jpg (741x926, 97K)

>Naib of all fremen
>A woman
>When all fremen naibs are male
>High ranking fremen women become reverend mother's
Fuck off retard.

The BGs were neutral. Mohiam even went to Caladan to warn Jessica.

Attached: 042054021.gif (360x270, 2.52M)

i thought warning her was part of the plan to get leto vulnerable

I won't be watching now. Zendaya was bad enough.

Attached: 1507554353719.gif (300x164, 1.86M)

Liet is not naib of all Fremen. They follow him because of his promise of a green Arrakis. But he has no Fremen title. He's simply Liet.

Leto already knew Arrakis was a trap. He just didn't know that Yueh was the lynchpin. Leto thought he could form an alliance with the Fremen and defeat the Harkonnens and the Sardaukar, but he didn't have enough time.

>someone tried that and it was shit
I agree the miniseries was turbo cringe. But that shit was like 17 years ago. A newer, big-budget series with competent creators is the only way to tell the Dune story.

No, it was to keep Paul safe which is why Mohiam told Jessica to skip the standard steps in training and immediately teach Paul the Voice because he is in peril and might need it.

>big-budget series
>with competent creators
You can only choose one for adaptations now.

they should go game of thrones with the reboot.
>Paul gets killed by hunterseeker.
>Paul gets killed while escaping into the desert.
>Paul gets killed by a sandworm.
>Paul gets killed in a duel with a Ferman.
>Paul gets killed consuming the water of life.
>Paul gets killed by his own people.
>Paul gets killed during assult on spice mine.
>Paul gets killed during assult on Harkonan.
>Paul gets killed by Spike in duel.
If GRR Martin wrote Dune Paul wouldn't get past the firse highliner.

>You can only choose one for adaptations now.
Reeeeeee!!!!

oh right. i kind of forgot about hawat as a character

I wonder why GRRM has a hard-on for killing handsome boys.

Hey, GRRM killed off Catelyn too & resurrected her as an even more blown out zombie roastie cunt from hell.

Why do you think Arabs and Persians in 10191 AG will look like Arabs and Persians in 2019 AD? Dune is about human evolution in the absence of computers, we have no idea what the Fremen will look like after 22000 years of human intermixing and evolution. Also, Herbert only describes the features of a few characters; for all we know, the Landsraad could be majority black. Zensunni wanderers adopted classical Arabic ("language of the Islamiyat") and the Fremen language is descended from Arabic. But this doesn't mean that they are copies of modern Arabs. Even in the modern day, Arabs don't look like other Arabs, people who speak native Arabic don't look like each other - compare a Sudanese to a Tunisian or a Syrian.

Why is Hollywood hellbent on making women and black people look like retarded infants who need to see themselves in everything to feel special?

Why do gullible retards believe any retarded twitter post as if it's factual truth?

>Jessica was setup with Leto to make Paul.
Nope. Jessica was setup with Leto to make a girl who would bear the Kwisatz Haderach. Jessica herself decided to give birth to a boy because she was in love with Leto. Even 5000 years after this, the Bene Gesserit call it the "Jessica betrayal" and take special care that Imprinters (such as Odrade) never fall in love.

Lets just make everyone black in entertainment from now on since the Earth is going to be majority black by 2100.

Thanks United Nations!

/pol/tards go back to Yea Forums

yeah, so long as it aint as boring as the old shitpile of a movie

AMA

Are you Villeneuve?

They only change white males, everything else needs to stay the same because "reasons".

Yes.

If anything there's more white males than anyone else in the cast, woke twitter is fuming from the start because of it.

No it is, because now Chani is a nigress, and that means Leto II is the ultimate Kang, here to dab on the Albinoids.

Please fuck up the lore as hard as possible. Make the Bene Gesserit girls (male) or something. Make all Fremen black. Don't bring up religion. Show some computers. I want to see some nerdrage.

The filming is already done.

Oh. You meant Denis V. I'm Daniel V.

Can these fucking people do anything right? I want to unironically shit in a bag and mail it to them!

Leto the 2nd had it so good. His wee wee merged with his worm body so he couldn't even get a stiffy or anything.

Why do you believe any retarded twitter post out there?

> someone posted clickbait on Twitter so it must be true

Because if the Jews still exist 8000 years into the future then the arabic speaking sand people no doubt still look semitic.

>a NIGGER
and dropped

>go back to /pol/
>not realising that race based politics in all forms of entertainment are normal discussions these days

Atreides are Greeks, Leto I is described as olive skinned, Fremen are zensunnis, Chani is a descendant of Arabs. Leto II has the ancestral memories of the entire humanity that lived on Earth since they all have part in his genes, he is as mutt as it gets in the book.

Emperor Shaddam right there.

None of GRRMs characters possess prescience as Paul does, to such an extent that he's trapped in it and even when he wants to die, he cannot.

Jews today aren't a monolithic people either, only 19 centuries after their diaspora. Ashkenazim like Einstein, Trotsky, Polanski or Natalie Portman don't look like Habesha, Shanghai or Sephardic Jews. Also Judaism is the only religion that Herbert leaves untouched into the far future, but he never says that all Jews look like Kat Dennings. Religion is important in the Dune universe; race is irrelevant because nobody knows what human races (including the new ones that will appear through evolution, e.g. whites ca. 12000 BC) will exist in the 200th century.

I guess I could argue counter points for the next 3 hours but it's probably just more time efficient to call you a retard and move on.

If it was I'd be okay with it.

Because gender swapping brings that sweet outrage marketing.

well, there's always a Duncan Idaho ghola you can kill

unironically this

>This morning I was born in a yurt at the edge of a horse-plain in a land of a planet which no longer exists. Tomorrow I will be born someone else in another place. I have not yet chosen. This morning, though—ahhh, this life! When my eyes had learned to focus, I looked out at sunshine on trampled grass and I saw vigorous people going about the sweet activities of their lives. Where...oh where has all of that vigor gone?

Attached: 1525621919870.jpg (550x1001, 246K)

There are a lot of female producers now and they are doing this for the keks

Attached: lgbtmarvel.jpg (888x484, 107K)

Looks fake and is probably most definitely fake

Why is this aloud?

Reading through the article
>According to my trusted source,...
>My source tells me...
>my source speculates...
And Yea Forums (or rather /pol/lite) still irrationally jumps to conclusions. The article is a shitty tabloid/blog at best, most likely a piece that was only written if they were paid to write something of that nature. The writer probably doesn't even know what dune is and they probably started this thread

copecel

Because someweak/evil men let it happen. MArvel was successful under Kevin Feige, all of a sudden that Victoria Alonso seems to have a more prominent role and everything has to be about LGBT, gender swapped roles and forced diversity. This is what happen when male hating lesbians get some power.

I simply investigated the issue instead of immediately assuming truth on face value. Read the article, it's just pure speculation on the writer's behalf, and I'm in high doubt they even have a source and if they do, the source is just shrugging at leading questions to which the writer takes as absolute truth, which is pretty much what/tv/ does with every thread of this nature

This.

This is the "new" model for free marketing.

I've always assumed it's a combination of them attempting to create their own mark on something that isn't theirs in the first place, forcing in their own political agendas for "browny points" and probably advice from suits because it's what's popular at the moment and they think it makes them more money, when it doesn't.

A lot of people will say "because some things don't translate to film" or television; which is bullshit. It does, you just need to try harder. To Kill a Mockingbird is a perfect example of a great adaption.
The Dresden Files TV series is a perfect example of a terrible adaption. Which is a shame, because they could have done it perfectly and the changes make no sense. Veronica Mars, a very popular TV series that did great for it's time had the voice over dialogue which would suit that series perfectly. The race swap of Lieutenant Murphy from a cute blonde to an ugly mutt made even less sense since his first girlfriend is Latino anyway and the change from cute tiny little girly girl that looked like she could be a cheerleader to that angry looking mexican bitch directly contradicted her character, and even more importantly, one of the better sidekicks is latino, and he's a top tier character.

Hmmmm.
Making Kynes black makes sense, it would he easier for him to keep his cooperation with Fremens low-key as it's not as obvious he's spending time in the desert.
Not a fan of changing his gender.

Audiobook it is then. Thanks Hollywood.

The "closure" feels like it's continuation of the prequels, not the main series, it has very little to do with Frank's books but a lot of references to the prequels.

Frank hinted at the big bad enemy the Matres were running from were Tleilaxu face dancers that gained self awareness from all the identities they absorbed, perhaps to such an extent that they have become Kwisatz Haderach-like beings. I think Frank wanted to parallel Leto and Ghanima with Daniel and Marty. Two beings that possess so many "other memories" that they are practically the living consciousness of an entire species.
Brian went ahead and made them into thinking machines that survived the the Butlerian Jihad, which was practically humanity vs Skynet in his retarded imagination.

Kynes is a planetologist. Spending time in the desert is part of his job.

Film is a visual medium and you watch it with your eyes.
I'm not talking about in-universe sense, I'm talking about making sense in context of keeping something as less obvious for the audience, which is what was intended in the book.

Black Panther money

Kynes gender makes no difference, im ok with this

>Brian went ahead and made them into thinking machines that survived the the Butlerian Jihad, which was practically humanity vs Skynet in his retarded imagination
Holy shit what a dumbass. The point of the Duniverse is to question human society in the far future when left to its own talents, without the help of aliens or computers.

Man I was really hoping Liet would be Kyle MacLachlan

Rabban doesn't get a death in the book. He dies off-screen

Because blacks can't swim?

>white character is turned into a nigger
>Yea Forums throws a fit
>male character is turned into a woman
>Yea Forums is either ok with it or likes the idea
And don’t (You) me about this being fake, some guy made the same fake “John Boyega is James Bond” thread everyday and every time people sperged out. But Yea Forums is perfectly fine with this.
Once again shows that Yea Forums hates niggers about a million times more than women

so much for the Faufreluches system.

Bingo. React to something, then watch how you react and see why someone would want that reaction.

Decent shitpost

None of these negroes are alt-right. Just conservatards

Isn’t Kynes Chani’s father?

are any of the Lynch actors coming back for the reboot in a cameo or anything? Would be kino

but Villeneuve is probably a turboautismo about these things and will make everything from scratch including the soundtrack
>mfw no Paul Meets Chani by Toto will play
just

What's wrong if some of the Dune cast are black actors? How many characters did Herbert specify as not black? The Atreides are Greeks (Leto I has "earth-brown" skin), Chani is a redhead, Irulan is blonde, a few Bene Gesserit Imprinters are pale white and that's it. Duncan Idaho, the sexiest Chad in the books, is black if you read carefully.
> Idaho's dark, round face was drawn into a frown.

Over inflated ego

Attached: 21th century Wagner.jpg (800x539, 52K)

yes

Liet is half freeniggger, so they are blackwashing a 52% of the Dune universe

You guys are the biggest retarded around.
You are the kind of people who own a kekistani flag.

>Duncan Idaho, the sexiest Chad in the books, is black if you read carefully.
>dark, round face

Dark could be tan, it could be brown, it COULD be black -- hell, it could even be a euphemism and not meant as literal.

But, yeah, reading.

now you can't criticize it or you're a racist bigot nazi white supremacist cheeto hitler supporter sweetie pie alt-right drumpftard

Duncan is a tanned southern European chad not a Tyrone.

> The face remained somewhat round, but darker and with slightly flattened features. High cheekbones formed shelves for eyes with definite epicanthic folds. The hair was black and unruly.
Definitely a brotha

THEYRE KILLING UUUUUUS
WHYYYYYYTY
TGEY ARE KILLING UUUUUUS
WE DONT HAVR JAMES BOND WE DONT HAVE CULTURE ANYMORE

Attached: 1taa2m3ssoa31.png (2160x3840, 1.14M)

>Veronica Mars, a very popular TV series that did great for it's time had the voice over dialogue which would suit that series perfectly
also because Kristen Bell is best girl