The only bad thing was the final part

the only bad thing was the final part

Attached: ghost_in_the_shell-446755661-large.jpg (800x1200, 169K)

the only bad part was the whitewashing of a poc

like i'd even watch it in the first place

>make an avant garde live action scifi movie about a violent cyberpunk manga
>pg 13

i hate hollywood so much

>the only bad thing was
her retarded constipation face

I just hated that it got changed from a movie about AI struggling to figure out what being "alive" or "a person" means as they upgrade themselves, to being a movie about "lol who am I though". It was like a shitty cyberpunk X-Men 2.

Was forced to watch this, was the original Ghost in the Shell better?

It’s funny because only people who don’t know the source material give a fuck about this. Besides that
>implying any anime character is drawn to look like a gook.

It was a pretty damn fine adaptation of the 1995 film and Scarlett Johansson was an alright fit for the role. Seriously, it's a shame that not many people bothered to see it on account of the fabricated backlash.

I didn’t watch it for the same reason I’m not going to see the new lion king or Aladdin.

Odd... considering the source material states she was in a different body made to resemble that of a white woman. (Formerly asian)

>it's not racist because actually IS Japanese
>comes off even more racist

Bravo, Hollywood.

>It was a pretty damn fine adaptation of the 1995 film

no

>Scarlett Johansson was an alright fit for the role

yes

>not many people bothered to see it on account of the fabricated backlash.

lol as if anyone other than literally dialated trannies cares about that nonsense, they should have gone full br 2049 and made it violent and crazy but it was just scifi capeshit

>A pale skinned jap is a person of "color"
>color

YES

Mostly true.
Not as good as the manga or the original, old-school anime. But it was a good movie and I don't get the hatred.

Okay, never seen an anime before. Is it a good starting point?

there weren't any good parts in this literally forgetable shit

Attached: 4354353.jpg (218x231, 4K)

Casting that ugly stubby cunt ScarJo was the main bad thing.

Attached: ghost in the shell-2.webm (720x389, 2.54M)

>remove all the philosophical aspect of the very existence of being alive, A.I and ghosts
>make it a boring revenge story about the creation vs the creators

It was essentially the same plot of Robocop. And not even the original Robocop, but the shitty reboot. Though props for being faithful to some of the scenes from the anime.

>Is it a good starting point?
It's not really "anime", it's a film that happens to be animated and happened to be made in japan and has a japanese author.
By that I mean there's no anime tropes or anything, I mean Death Note, Howl's Moving Castle, Lensmen, Patlabor, and tons of other animated movies are "anime" but they aren't weebshit with sweat drops and characters suddenly turning into chibis for a moment and so on.

It's just a good film, watch it. I don't remember if the dub is good or not; the series (GITS: Stand Alone Complex) had a bad dub in that the voice acting was good but the dialogue needing to match the lip flaps meant the word choice (paired with the very esoteric / technical story) meant some dialogue becomes almost gibberish

Attached: ghost in the shell-sac.webm (854x480, 866K)

Just watched this tonight by chance. It was pretty meh all around except some very nice shots.

and the rest of the movie...

Gay shit for children. If you enjoyed this soulless cash grab, it’s no accident. You are the target demographic