Is this peak capeshit?

is this peak capeshit? .

Attached: 677D21EB-488F-498C-8B5E-3C475C5D60EB.jpg (2000x3000, 1.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yRU4iZUsTY0
mileswmathis.com/dylan.pdf
m.youtube.com/watch?v=h24D87SqaLQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quis_custodiet_ipsos_custodes?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

umm no sweatieye ;)

Attached: image.jpg (940x1393, 206K)

new one will make this look like a masterpiece

Me? i would rape

It's a good film.

Attached: 1400709518947.webm (1920x800, 2.97M)

i don’t remember much of this movie. something about an abusive father (who is also a firefighter or something), a camera set up that critics seemed to eat up, and a surprisingly brutal protag death?

Why didn't anyone recognize Silk Spectre II on the streets of Jew York?

Because the actress looked as bland as it gets?

Is that Scarecrow, Batman, and Deadshot, alongisde the Genie from Aladdin in the background there? Haven't seen this movie yet but it seems like an interesting crossover

Superman Returns

he wanted to use dc characters but they wouldn't let him

Absolutely based and quite possibly redpilled

They managed to fuck up the two most important scenes in the series.
Other than that it's ok.

Did he know that? The only way such lazy rip offs would be acceptable is if he literally found out a day before shooting.

No, it's not this movie.

Attached: TopKino.jpg (1920x1080, 298K)

?

serious question. has anyone who praised this movie actually read the comic? i mean the movie is pretty much a direct downgrade (except for the kino intro) that leaves out most of the story elements.

The scene where Silk Spectre II finds out the comedian is her dad is rushed and the movie doesn't have the time for the build up that would lend it the gravitas it needs. This was probably unavoidable given trying to fit the entire series into a movie and makes me wish it was released as a miniseries instead.

I also think the big fight and reveal at the end is just shot and paced awkwardly, but that's just my opinion. I don't really mind how they had to switch up the big evil thing - again, as a movie there's not enough time to provide the context that would prevent it from just coming off as silly. Would have worked better as a miniseries.

>all along the watch tower DOESNT play during the prison break
what the fuck was snyder thinking

Its potential unrealized.

shut up nerds. who cares about comics

I read the comic after seeing the movie and I like both. The movie blew my mind when I saw it in theaters though. I think it's a lot better to see the movie first or else you'll be some whiny nerd comparing it to the comic the whole time. That just automatically creates a bias and ruins the experiences.

Yeah that's pretty much it, and

>he starts going from just weird, to evil after a Katy Perry lookalike gives him a bj at a party and she is disgusted when he pukes

one of the worst comic to movie pacings the movie has is the opening rorsarch monologue. in the comic it’s a few words per panel. you are supposed to read it while taking in the panel art. it takes a bit to get through it. movie version tries to cram it all in at once while he is infiltrating manhatten’s place. it’s said way too fast without any pause and comes out as almost uniteligable rambling. people around me in my theater couldn’t tell what he was going on about

I think its really cool that Bob Seager wrote the intro song for this film.

it’s really hard to not compare it to the comics when the screenplay is pretty much ripped straight from the panels. it doesn’t really try to be it’s own thing. this is probably because it’s a 12 issue limited series rather than a comic with a few hundred issues like spiderman or batman and they can take and add anything they like without being restricted by a single central narrative

you mean bob dylan’s song? that was around for like 40 years before

I unironically turned off the movie when nite owl glides with his “cape”

The main thing I remember is the extremely uncomfortable sex scene with the owl guy and the girl hero.

Yeah so it's pretty much impossible to be objective when your instinct is to compare it to the comic book. Every fan of the book that hates the movie probably would have loved the movie if they didn't first read the comic, because on its own it's a really good movie.

I also kind of hoped the special edition with Tales of the Black Freighter mixed in would make it better...but without the small details you notice in the comic and the end of chapter supplements it's just kind of awkward.

Only capeshitters prefer the movie. Capeshitters hate the Watchmen comic and the movie emphasizes the capeshit elements.

I think the comic is better but I still love the movie and don't sperg out about it like an autist.

Rewatched this the other day, it did not age well. Acting is pretty bad in a lot of places.

The directors cut is honestly a great attempt at adapting such a dense source material. The casting is almost perfect (Although I think Ozy and Silk Spectre are bad casting desu), and Zach hit all the points. I also sort of prefer the ending being a fake Manhattan attack than the fake alien.

When the HBO series was announced I was hyped thinking it was gonna be a more faithful adaptation since they could spread it across 12 hours instead of 3 but uhhh... no I’m not sure what to think about what we’re getting.

its not the kind of thing where they can be ripoffs
they're intentionally designed to be analogues

>he wanted to use dc characters but they wouldn't let him
I seriously wonder if this is actually true.
The colors of the costumes the character wear seem to have symbolic meaning, as do the character names.

Silk Spectre wears Yellow and Black, as does the Comedian, and yellow and black are the colors of the Anarcho capitalist flag. Silk Spectre is seen in the beginning of the film stopping bank robbers, as is the Commedian, and the Commedian is later seen shooting JFK and wirking for the government.
The Commedian also got Silk Spectre pregnant so having costumes in matching colors makes sense.

Ozymandias is seen wearing a purple and gold costume in the original Watchmen comics.
Purple and gold are the colors of royalty, and Ozymandias runs a huge financial conglomerate that is more powerful than GE etc., and which can control other major corporations.

Rorschach and Night Owl by contrast wear costumes that are mostly brown.
Morally, these are the least reprehensible of the Watchmen.
Traditionally the symbolism if the color brown.
>Brown, the color of earth, wood, stone, wholesomeness, reliability, elegance, security, healing, home, grounding, foundations, stability, warmth, and honesty, is a natural, neutral color that is typically associated with the seasons of fall and winter.

Alan Moore is known for obsesive detail in his comics, and I doubt he didn’t plan out every aspect.

I used to hate it. Now, after watching this webm a couple times, I think I'm changing my mind. This probably sounds sarcastic, but it actually isn't. I used to think the film left out many of the most interesting elements of the book, and reduced the characters. But now, it's starting to feel like the acting might actually be strong enough to elevate the original story. The book, like most of Allen's work, really seems to emphasize the ideas; but the absurdity of these people taking on the role of public conscience, along with the heavy weight of what they task themselves with, really seems gain an incredible amount of emotional depth, and therefore a more human reality, when presented through the live-action film medium, as opposed to the frame-by-frame vague drawings of a graphic novel. As I finish writing this, however, I feel my opinions shifting once again. While I now appreciate the skill and quality of craftsmanship of the movie, I am starting to grasp at the full and total horror of the superhero genre, not in any of its particular stories but simply in its existence as a genre, and particularly in its complete dominance of the medium. Thinking through this post, I realize that I've been viewing cinema wrong almost my entire life--it's greatest strength rests in the contemplation of the acting and the characters as real people; the juvenile fascination with action and simplistic characters is truly the development of perverse and debased society which has abandoned any meaningful recognition of humanity. If I have failed to recognize the humanity in characters whom I have paid to see, how little then must I see it in my fellow men, whom I, like many, pay with increasing regularity to avoid?

it’s confirmed that moore wanted to use some older comic characters that hadn’t been used for years but DC didn’t let him.

Watchtower is a word used for military intelligence.
Snyder may have felt the song was inappropriate for the scene.

No, it's a perfect masterpiece

Bob Dylan was a plagiarist

I think the movie has less emotional depth because of unnatural or bad acting. Too many elements go wrong to make it an enjoyable movie.

I know what the claim is,
And some of the characters he supposedly wanted to use would have been appropriate.
But I still wonder whether the story is true.

Attached: push-524015d673e97.jpg (1000x1426, 652K)

I couldn’t find the webm but this is one of the characters Moore supposedly wanted to use.
The Question
m.youtube.com/watch?v=yRU4iZUsTY0
Weirdly, the plot of Watchmen ends similar to one of the claims in
‘Project Blue Beam (NASA)’ by Serge Monast
>the fourth step of Project Blue Beam would make use of various technologies in order to convince people that alien invasions and the rapture itself were taking place, thus making it easier for the powers that be to take control of a fear-addled populace.
‘Project Blue Beam (NASA) was published in 1994 though, and ‘Watchmen’ was originally published in 1986-87.

It's a bad movie. Zack Snyder is very obviously one of the worst filmmakers of the modern era. For a movie that advertised itself as being a faithful adaptation and "celebration of one of the best comics ever made," or whatever, he seems pretty embarrassed by the source material. Changing the name of the Crimebusters to 'Watchmen' just because it's the name of the series is retarded. The octopus monster is completely removed. Ozymandias's cat shows up for just a brief scene.

It's a a bad adaptation made by a hack.

Moore wanted to use old characters, but as he had no choice, took advantage of using his own

Pretty sure the name "the Watchmen" existed in the comic

the minutemen

Read this, or at least pages 7, 8, and 9.
mileswmathis.com/dylan.pdf
Then Watch the opening of Watchmen.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=h24D87SqaLQ
Then consider the symbolism of the Watchmen opening. At about 0:18
“Criminal World Goes Gaga Over Silk Spectre”
Silk Spectre is standing surrounded by police officers, some of whom are ogling her.

Attached: AE71F087-BA8E-45A6-A382-08E84DBB04F9.png (1334x750, 1.14M)

No it's not a claim. When DC comics aquired Charleston comics Moore wanted to write them and DC editorial didn't let him.
That isn't some rumor.

Then why do people graffiti "who watches the watchmen"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quis_custodiet_ipsos_custodes?

the most based NOOOOOOOOOOOO in cinema history
Kino
Mcu capeshitters btfo'd no re

sorry he doesn't fly like a fu-fu-faggot that is the crackhead tranny cocksucker ironman