What movie, dudes?

What movie, dudes?

Attached: 1521833245753.jpg (236x236, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oVBUkgwmcQc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Citizen Kane

The Dark Knight. I became estranged from my extended family as a result.

All of them

Attached: yup_that's_it.jpg (900x675, 137K)

This

Attached: 1528423883320.gif (440x304, 798K)

Apocalypse Now
The two guys fell asleep when they reached the natives, it was the girl with us that actually watched it all the way through and laughed at Willard's jokes near the end
That part of the movie is hypnotic so I guess I can't blame them I guess

Attached: 1544453864140.jpg (548x544, 39K)

i tried to show a group of gamers American Movie at an MLG event. What the fuck was I thinking?

literally all of them
its one friend tho, and somehow I got him to sit through the entirety of Brazil, but anything slow and serious he loses interest in 10 minutes

my ex gf was a lot better with movies, I could show her anything and she'd be down. she was a bitch but that was one good thing about her

Every single video/show/movie that I've shown to anyone over 1 minute long. Zoomer attention span is abysmal

i have a bunch of friends but none of them are into kinos. some of them even stick to only watching new movies (UGH).

Attached: 1561021317794.jpg (500x700, 53K)

Goodfellas

haha i avoided this problem by having no friends haha

Attached: _91409212_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (1024x576, 40K)

>watching anything but comedy with other people

Attached: 1562480173555.jpg (645x773, 55K)

Based

this. i wouldn't want some fedora forcing me to sit through 120 mins of their deep and meaningful pet either

Pet?

Tried to show my friend The Battle of Algiers but he's /pol/ memer so was just laughing and making jokes every time some one said something in arabic or related to islam, talked through all of the dialog and after 30 minutes asked if we could watch something else because it was boring and confusing :(

Why are you even friends with a pointless person like that?

>Jin Roh

All my friends are weebs but they still couldnt hold their attention long enough to appreciate it, probably because there were no big eye bimbos

>BR2049
Though I watched it with my sisters.

I forced two of my friends to watch BR2049 and they both ended up loving it.

Feels good.

Attached: a beauty for modern man to en joy.png (1280x718, 1.32M)

This is me but with books I recommend to friends

youtube.com/watch?v=oVBUkgwmcQc

He's actually a pretty smart likable dude in general, idk why this movie made him spaz out so much though.

this is like a easy top 3 for me, watched it 2 months ago with extremely high expectations still got impressed by it. GOAT candidate?

couldnt get into this at all. ive watched a ton of anime kinos and this just completely fell flat for me

OMG why don't you just cut contact with every one who has a slight difference of opinion!

yeah anything else doesn't make sense except maybe horror

The good the bad and the weird

Let me guess, it happened to you?

>mid-October
>hanging out with the boys at one of their houses, decide to get them into Evil Dead and hopefully from then on other Bruce Campbell kino
>start of course with the first movie
>friend says his roommates are all sleeping (it's about 8:30pm, maybe 9) and puts the volume on 4 (out of 100)
>he can't even get the subtitles to work on his TV
>"oh well, we'll just listen closely"
>spends the entire length of the movie looking at his phone, periodically making comments about what he just read on facebook or what things he found on ebay listings
>looks up for 2 seconds whenever a noise manages to get loud enough to hear
>end credits
>other friend watched it as best as he could
>ask phone friend what he thought of it, knowing he didn't watch it at all
>responds with "it didn't seem to have much of a story"
I don't bother hanging out with friends anymore

How the fuck could he not get subtitles to work? The only time I've had a problem is when the DVD straight up doesn't come with subtitles and it's out of my control, and it sounds like it was your DVD so I imagine you'd know if it has subtitles.

Either his TV or his xbox/controller didn't take kindly to the DVD options

All of them.
>Neon Genesis Evangelion
>Das Boot
>The Bridge on the River Kwai
>Tora! Tora! Tora!
>Apocalypse Now
>Heat
>Taxi Driver
>Blade Runner
And the most depressing part is, when I recommend movies to a single person specifically, they never listen, but other friends will. When my other friends see that it truly is kino, they trying to convince the original person but they will say "user has shit taste, so I don't care either way".

Like it's really fucking depressing. They literally tell me they don't watch it just to spite me.

Well if the subtitles button doesn't work for some reason I find that going into the setup menu on the DVD and turning the subtitles on that way tends to fix the issue.

Why do you keep trying to recommend movies to this person? Doesn't sound like a friend. I see no reason to give an iota of a fuck about their opinion.

Quite a few but the biggest one is Thin Red Line. Malick really isn’t for everyone and I understand why he isn’t most peoples cup of tea, but I was sure this guy would like it and he literally fell asleep lol

I don't show people my movies.

Teddy bear

trying to impress others with a movie or piece of music you had no hand in creating is as pathetic and childish as you can get, especially if you get upset because they don't like it (guess what, we all have different tastes you fuckwit) as much as you want them to.

>watching anything but shitty movies with other people so you can make your own jokes

Attached: Double D-sgusting.jpg (767x720, 66K)

Turbo kid, it's so comfy and funny.

My gf fell asleep during The Thing on Sunday night. She was really enjoying it she was just tired.

At least we don’t have to pay to rent movies any more.
Granted there was no smart phones but this mist have been more frustrating then.

she was trying to fuck you bro

heheh

OMG

this
its impossible to watch movies with other people theres too many factors involved

>Watching movies that require 100% attention with other people and getting angry when they don't
If you're watching movies with normies, you have to put on normie-friendly movies

This is why I don't watch movies with people anymore. I should go to the theater myself more often.

based normie friend trying to gently tell you to get a life

literally this

>be in the army
>Hey guys let's watch Se7en
>we put it on
>nobody pays attention
>the words "psychological thriller" turn into a joke where someone would say it and everyone but me would laugh so hard spittle flies everywhere
>they stop watching it around the time they're researching things at the library
>instead everyone watched American Pie sequels
War is hell and I never even participated.

school shooter

>you can't miss out on key scenes if it's a comedy
Shut the fuck up.

Drive with my dad ;_;

Nah. Actually, maybe I shouldn't go to the theater at all because of that risk. I'll stick to piracy.

>two zoomers (numales) fall asleep to Apoc Now
poetry writes itself

>watching anything but movies RLM has talked about so I can recycle their jokes

phew

>Make gf watch HxH
>On her phone for Greed Island but on the edge of her seat for the Palace Invasion arc

Attached: m1vtxeh2ivr11.png (1001x823, 806K)

On the silver globe
Too good for this world

ah yes babys first arthouse film
yeah only us true cinephiles can understand this masterpiece, the sheeple will never understand

Moneyball.

Being a Brit, no one likes in my family likes baseball, and they all treated as a baseball film, instead of looking past the sport to the drama that happens behind the scenes.

>doing this
>no one laughs at my jokes

Attached: 1465255373740.jpg (750x724, 71K)

>baby's first arthouse
Zulawski isn't that hard to get for sure, so yeah I'd say it's entry level too, but that far from detracts it as a great movie status
Same with Antonioni's L'eclisse for instance
I wonder what kind of "obscure" movies you like user, maybe Zanussi? Obviously not, it has to be an obscure director too, maybe David Rimmer? Maybe a director that comes from an unusual place ie pinku films like Ishii or Wakamatsu? Please, do enlighten me with your faux arthouse bullshit, and when you realize you know half as much as I do, maybe you'll accept that I just like OTSG

Comedy is about knowing your audience. Timing is very important too, but you have to know what the people you're performing for will like.

>Watch Halloween with my dad
>He goes on his phone like a teenage girl and doesn't pay attention to the movie
He did the same thing when we watched BR2049 and LOTR. I stopped watching movies with him.

Attached: feels kun.jpg (489x640, 73K)

My dad was probably even more into BR2049 and LotR than I was.

I wish I had your dad desu

haha!

>not watching LOTR in theaters with your parents
can't blame him I bet you got the shitty color graded Blu-ray as well huh? also 2049 and the Halloween reboot bad choices

He's the only person I can really go to the movies with since when something worth watching comes out once in a blue moon nobody else is ever interested.
Gonna buy him a copy of Alita.

What if I did have a hand in creating it?