Witcher Hate Thread

Netflix just blacked the Witcher. The main character (Geralt) is completely wrong with the book, in the trailer I didn't recognize anyone in there because they changed the look, the author of the book is a cuck and changed said "Yeah, the continent is diverse" even though the only people that appeared where whites, with the occasional Arab who was ALWAYS the bad guy. The director went with it in spite of knowing this isn't the case

Attached: The Witcher.jpg (623x1000, 120K)

Where are the pics of the writing team?

KILLING UUUUUUS

THEY

ARE

LITREALLY

KILLING

UUUUUUS

HELP PLEASE

Attached: 1taa2m3ssoa31.png (2160x3840, 1.14M)

They're taking everything from us we have nothing left if we don't have James Bond or our super heroes or our video game characters that we love and imagine being with all the time then what's left for qhite people? What even are we? Nothing and the Jews know it so they tale everything from us

Show me where in the description of Yennefer it says that she's white. Also,
>Yea Forums: "a character's appearance being accurately is more important than accurately adapting the character's internal self, history, etc!"

>original characters are 3 white people renowned for their beauty
>they make all 3 characters nonwhite and horridly ugly
is netflix witcher actually based?

I don't have them, however it's Lauren hissrich who is the director and the writer of the movie is more than happy to let his show get blacked for whatever reason

near monochromatic, pretty problematic

Attached: the_writers.jpg (700x845, 121K)

YYYYYEEEEESSSSS GOYIM BE OUTRAGED BE ANGRY DONT YOU HATE THESE COLORED PEOPLE GENERATE OUTRAGE COVERAGE FOR US THIS IS BAD PUBLICITY IT WILL MAKE PEOPLE STOP WATCHING YOU WILL WIN GOYIM BE ANGRY

I'm not on the 'it's the Jews" thing yet, user. but it seems like our identity in movies is being stripped. They always have to have a black lead, or in this case multiple. I think it's weird how now it's starting to become a majority thing (See The Little Mermaid)

You can get a million good actors, you can't get someone who always looks the part. Example, having a black guy as the lead role of American history X would be pretty stupid. This is polish folklore, also it shows the description of the characters in the OP

>YESS GOY DON'T RESIST US BECAUSE THAT'LL JUST GIVE US BAD PUBLICITY SO YOU SHOULDN'T CRITICIZE OUR DECISIONS BECAUSE THAT'LL JUST HAVE THE CONTRARY EFFECT NO CRITICISM PLEAASE GOY
fuck off jewboy

This ties things together.
I believe this is the writing team.
Here's why.....

There's such a thing as a bad indicator, and a writing team too careless to handle appearance and world building, is highly unlikely to miraculously pull off internal self and history with a deft hand.

Below a certain IQ, making accurate predictions from patterns and known attributes might seem like magic, but this kind of extrapolation is common place among normal people.

I agree with you there. The trailer looks great, and it's done off of the authors book so because he has a guide, this blacked movie could be good. But I don't know, it's beyond stupid

>the trailer looks great
what the fuck are you smoking, I want some

I'll just do what a lot of people will do and not watch it, very simple

Aside from the 300,000 brownskins, it looks nice. But hey, I doubt it'll be fruitful.
Find a website that's streaming it. You get to see it and not have to give Netflix your money

the trailer looked like fucking trash.
If you haven't read the book it looks like some 1 mil budget tv show.

I haven't read the books, does it really seem that bad? What's different?

And Geralt is going to be pictured as pussy whipped instead of a ladys man who fucked literally all three of those women

Those African queens really know how to get what they want from Geralt

an entire episode dedicated to mansplaining

Because somehow that can be done on a hourse

>Buy TV rights to award winning series of Video games based on a lesser known book series
>Be struggling for money and losing billions every year
>Could base the appearance of characters on the award winning games which caused you to buy the rights in the first and for which people are looking forward to the tv show to begin with
>Instead change the races and looks characters that people have grown attached to because of the games and turn what should have been a successful and well received series into one that is already hated by its intended fanbase because they changed the way the characters looked

Good one Netflix.

Attached: 1562745886667.webm (640x640, 1.08M)

It's actually a fantasy series written by a Polish man. The ethnicities of the characters aren't important to their internal characters. "Being white" isn't an important aspect of who these people are, what drives them, what makes them make certain decisions, etc. This is is contrast to films like American History X, where ethnicity is an important part of the story.

You're just making the argument that the characters being non-white is indicative that the series will be bad. Maybe it will be, maybe it won't be. Speculating at this point is largely pointless. Regardless, my point stands that ethnicity isn't an important facet of these characters, so the creators making them non-white isn't significant and hence isn't necessarily indicative of the series' quality or even the creators' attention to detail.

Cringe.

>You're just making the argument that the characters being non-white is indicative that the series will be bad.
Not at all, and this is the fundamental error of redditor/SJW types - taking the argument of a relative minority of trolls and sub-IQ racists, and attributing them to the greater whole.

The arguments I make against this casting, are the same arguments, and with the same foundations, that I would make against the casting of Gary Oldman as a young princess Leia, or Melissa McCarthy as Harry Potter.

There is such a thing as looking the part, and there's such a thing as transparent stunt casting, motivated by something other than story telling, and both are readily apparent to honest observers.

I know, the ethnicities are important to the character, it's how we identify them. Look at Yens name, it's German. Geralt being uglier than sin, is apart of Geralt. Trisse's chestnut hair (and in the games red0 is apart of her identity. This is based on Polish folklore (predominantly), therefore the actors should appear Polish. The American History X guys race didn't drive him, it was his hate for minorities. He could've been of Hispanic background, or even am Iranian (because they hate blacks and Jews and are white). We could've even made him an Italian, and it would've been close enough. It was about a racist skinhead, race didn't mean anything. We could've given him a negroid skull and no-one would have noticed. The characters are straight-up described, that's who they are. They don't even follow basic character description

You'll get there with time

If Hissrich is a Jewess, it might throw me into there

Why didn't they cast my turkroach waifu as Triss?

Attached: YennTriss1465.jpg (704x866, 369K)

That roach would be a thousand times better than the Indian

I was just paraphrasing your comment. You said:
>and a writing team too careless to handle appearance and world building, is highly unlikely to miraculously pull off internal self and history with a deft hand.
>the casting of Gary Oldman as a young princess Leia, or Melissa McCarthy as Harry Potter
Those castings would explicitly contradict important parts of those characters. Leia is a deconstruction of the damsel in distress, and she's intended as a love interest for Han, so casting Oldman would be nonsensical. Ditto for McCarthy; Harry is 11 at the start of the books. How does Yennefer being middle eastern(?) in ethnicity contradict her character?

>it's how we identify them
How do we learn to identify characters in any other series? By memorizing them over the course of a few scenes. If you have trouble memorizing the identies of characters in the show in spite of their differing descriptions in the books, I've got some bad news for you, and it involves you being a retard.
>Look at Yens name, it's German
Who cares?
>Geralt being uglier than sin
He's sure not uglier than sin in the CDPR games, yet I haven't seen Yea Forums or Yea Forums rave about that.
>Trisse's Chestnut hair ... Is apart of her identity
In what way?

>Leia is a damsel in distress and love interest for Han
Why can't Gary Oldman be a Damsel in distress and why does Han being gay change anything bigot?

geralt is not ugly at all in the books

There aren't any stereotypes about middle aged men like Gary Oldman being damsels in distress, and hence trying to make it seem like a twist when he's a competent fighter would seem nonsensical.

Are you that same insane lefty from the last thread that kept insisting anyone who had a problem with the casting choices was a racist?

I care that they don't pay attention to the games. They went pretty light on him in the 3rd game, first and second he was HIDEUS. We know Triss by how she is described, we know Yennefer by how she is described. Triss is described as having chestnut hair and it's a defining characteristic of her. I didn't recognize a single character in the entire movie series when using both the book descriptins, I had to watch a review to figure it out. Ethnicity makes it important, again lets cast a bunch of Albino Africans to be apart of Wakanda, chuck in some Asians, and put in some Nords. It's all about diversity, we learn them from a few scenes, right? This is based on a Slavic people and in Slavic culture, not brownskins in Slavic culture. Just like Wakanda is blacks in Wakandin culture, not whites. It's a Slavic people, not blacks

No, I don't remember saying anything like that, and I don't think I would. However, I do think that most people who rave about the series on Yea Forums haven't read the books and *are* hating on the casting because of the races and appearances. Most, not all. But most. Refute it if you want, you know as well as I do that these threads just exist to rage against the cast not being beautiful white people.

>Those castings would explicitly contradict important parts of those characters. Leia is a deconstruction of the damsel in distress, and she's intended as a love interest for Han, so casting Oldman would be nonsensical. Ditto for McCarthy; Harry is 11 at the start of the books. How does Yennefer being middle eastern(?) in ethnicity contradict her character?
You can still commentate on damsel tropes with a man in the role of the damsel, just put a wig on him. Han can love a man, or a man dressed as a woman. McCarthy can just play as though she's 11, just like how the show will play like Yen and Ciri aren't the same age, or that Triss isn't 45.

It doesn't show creative integrity, it isn't good world building (e.g. the difference between Grey Worm being ethnically different from the Westerosi, and Jamie Lannister being black just because), and as I said, it is a bad indicator. If good casting was secondary to the message, there's a pretty good shot that storytelling was, too. We already have evidence of this with Ciri's actress confirming that her story is largely altered, with scenes from four books in the trailer for one season, etc.

I understand wanting to like the show, I'm a fan of the IP, I wanted to like it too. But there's no indication to anyone with any experience that this won't be the typical netflix trash fire.

He's described as having a face that makes people feel generally uncomfortable, I'd classify that as ugly

They're intentionally not paying attention to the games. The series was explicitly designed as an adaptation of the books alone.
>I didn't recognize a single character in the entire movie series when using both the book descriptins
So what? You sound like the people RedLetterMedia mocks when they say shit like "I CLAPPED! I CLAPPED WHEN I RECOGNIZED IT!". Use your fucking brain, adaptations will never look exactly like they do in your head. In some cases, the adaptations are close, and in others, they're very different, but in both, you have to use your brain to recognize characters in the show/movie rather than going off your preconceived view of a character you have stored in your brain.
>This is based on a Slavic people
Okay, but what about the story or world of The Witcher makes the characters being Slavic important?

You forgot I'm bitching about Geralt not being ugly

yenn looks like slingblades daughter and i hate it

Attached: slingbladesdaughter.png (1441x1239, 1020K)

>just put a wig on him
You're just shitposting now and I think that proves my point well enough.
>If good casting was secondary to the message, there's a pretty good shot that storytelling was too
Maybe, maybe not. We'll know when the series comes out and until then, you're just wasting your time trying to guess. My sole point in this thread is that intrinsically, on their own, the castings are fine.

I'm glad Netflix is continuing their downward self destructive spiral of destroying themselves for a nonsense political reason. It makes me smile knowing people like you will defend them because they are doing "right think" as you keep making enemies with people.

Attached: 1542925378421.webm (640x800, 1.28M)

>all the white people tears itt
delicious

The castings are only fine if the games didn't exist and we didn't have a popular visual representation for the characters everyone was used to and expected. Look at the casting threads before the cast was actually revealed to see what people thought the cast would look like. They went against expectations and that is a no no.

Are you glad that this show is promoting interracial relationships with white men and your women?

>You're just shitposting now
Not at all. There is no intrinsic difference between "just put a wig on him", or "just pretend she's 11", and "just pretend Yennefer looks older than Ciri", or "just pretend Triss doesn't look menopausal", or "just pretend a medieval kingdom in a euro-fantasy has perfectly evenly distribution between three to four ethnicities", etc. I'd challenge anyone to give a logically coherent explanation of the difference.

At the end of the day, you and the supporters are effectively asking everyone to just ignore poor craftsmanship and irreverent storytelling/world building, and all I'm doing is asking the same of you.

You want to believe the casting is fundamentally okay, because you've been sold a narrative that all opposition is inherently racist, or from peasant-folk who have only played the games, but that isn't so, and there is no logical basis for the casting.

This is particularly evident when people state that the casting will have no impact on the story, to which I reply, why do it then? In a sane world, you'd need justification to deviate from what you're adapting, not a justification to stick to it.

You aren't going to get a fair and reasonable response. He is quite genuinely a dishonest and disingenuous asshole

its because they can see he's a mutant, thats why he makes people uncomfortable, Yen shows him off all the time to make the other sorceress's jealous

Not an argument.

The series is explicitly based on the books and ignoring noncanonical events of the games. The only people raging against the castings are on Yea Forums. This is a tiny board relative to the internet at large. They've sacrificed a tiny share of their viewers.

If I'm not mistaken, Yennefer is supposed to be much younger in the books than she's depicted as being in the games. My larger point is that things like "just pretend a medieval kingdom in a euro-fantasy has perfectly evenly distribution between three or four ethnicites" isn't an important aspect of the story. It frankly wouldn't matter if everyone was Asian. "Muh ethnicity!" isn't what The Witcher is about, and changing characters' ethnicities doesn't matter. Compare this to the idea of casting a 40 year old woman as Harry. Harry goes to a school for teenagers. A big part of the story is him learning about the magical world, and the idea of him learning about things parallels him being a child. Putting McCarthy in his role would make for a comical movie. Furthermore, compare this to another idea: making Harry, his parents, and the Dursleys black. Would that matter? Would that impact Harry's story or introduce some story-breaking contradiction? No.

Oh its plenty good. Keep creating enemies defending huge mega corporations that only paying lip service for their own goals. Oh and it isn't Yea Forums that is raging at the castings. Its anyone who has played the games. As in the entire base of people who was interested in this in the first place and the ones responsible for getting the show greenlit buy buying the games.

But keep up the good work. Defend netflix with all your might. Make as many enemies as possible for them.

Attached: 1544247914413.webm (640x800, 1.59M)

the games are set about 10years after the lady of the lake, so of course she's older, not that that should matter both geralt and Yen should live for at least a hundred years or so, Yen potentially centuries

Its starting with The Last Wish btw and the trailer looks like it, although it kinda looked like their was a scene from the birthday surprise as well, but thats probably a flashback

Dumbass, it's an adaptation of the books. Therefore, if I can't recognize them from their definable features, there something wrong.
The story is based on Slavic folklore, it's like making everyone in African folklore white, it has zero basis in the culture

Thus now greatly bothers me

I really wish all of you knew what you were talking about, it would improve these threads, anyway one of andrzej side witcher books is called A Polish Book of Monsters, anyone saying Witcher isn't rooted in polish myth and culture is retarded

thus post greatly bothers me too

Nigger that's what I said

I know, I was referring to the whole argument, you were arguing geralt is ugly, that fuckwit was arguing idk nonsense, he was much wronger then you

Agreed, I got my stuff wrong, but I did fix it so there's that. We where all blue pilled at one point....

Henry deserves better, despite his naive charm.

Attached: freya allan and henry.webm (1100x850, 1.77M)

he does ok, all he really wants to do is work out and play vidya and shitpost, and now he gets paid to larp as one of his favorite characters, living the dream he is

The west is dying. This is only going to get worse. Look at the last few months alone.

Attached: 1346348288161.jpg (500x333, 33K)

not much if its starting with last wish, it does show yen before she fixed herself, which isn't in the books at all only mentioned, also it looks like the scene where some guy is talking about how "she will be super important" to geralt is birthday surprise which is from The Witcher or Hexen w/e but not from last wish, so their will definitely be flashbacks, or they are completely fucking with the timeline of events

I doubt the writer would destroy the plotline like that, this is his "Prized creation"

i cant believe some troll on this board will defend the fact that 'it doesnt' matter' that characters from a central european inspired fantasy novel shouldnt reflect the ethnicity they were conceived in.

let me write a novel inspired by the tribal wars of subsaharan niggers in the congo , but let me cast all of its characters for the tv adaption as germanic whites.

your disingenuousness is appalling.

>Subvert the viewers expectations :^)

Why the hell is PooinLoo Yennefer's jaw all mangled in the trailer? Did Geralt punch her?

she was a hunch back before she used magic to make herself hot, same with most sorcerers and sorceress's, except the ones from nilfgaard they just look like how they look, and consider the habit of basically plastic surgerying yourself to be degenerate, but its a whole thing the nilfgaard magic users are subjects of the crown, where as in the kingdoms of the north, magic users are their own thing, at least until the coven is established

>she was a hunch back before she used magic to make herself hot

Attached: 1561553983458.jpg (225x225, 6K)

yup, more or less

did they seriously not bring this up in the games at all Yea Forums fag? really 3 never brought this up?

Dude who owns Hollywood and the media? Jews. Enough of this bullshit where people pretend Israel doesn't have an agenda because they fucking do. It's their playground because they bought it from under us and they're charging us for the right to get ourselves fucked. No one not even blacks asked for interracial romances in fiction or blackwashing canonically white characters but Jewish fucking producers sure as fucking are. Why are they doing this? It's sure as fuck not cause Jews love blacks so much because they fucking don't. They're doing it cause Liberals have pushed for more minority representation in media and now they can strip white people of their culture and entertainment under the guise of if you don't like it you're racist. It's getting so noticeable even un-redpilled normies are noticing it.

Guys we all know the outcome of this. Netflix thinks they'll get the GOT audience but no one will watch this not normies or fans of the game. It'll bomb not get a season two and Netflix will lose more money. No more Witcher games will be made and the games fanbase will go away. And the Polish writer who betrayed his fucking country for Jew bucks will be forgotten years from now it'll only be a footnote in console games. The end

Triss also does it since her body is covered in burns

unless the boomers get to it

Attached: the witcher netfilx.jpg (630x788, 102K)

He only fucked the left gwo viluntarily. The right one had to date rape him because he woudn't touch her with a 10 feet pole otherwise