Just finished Encounter At Farpoint

I've seen a few random TNG episodes over the years, but I've decided to delve head-first into the show. I really loved this episode, which was more like a movie, but apparently I'm about to sit through two seasons of crap before I get to the good stuff. Encourage me.

Attached: star-trek-farpoint.jpg (600x445, 192K)

Shut up nerd lol

One of the episodes in season 1 has a scene where a Klingon woman falls down some stairs and her tasty thighs and fatass has a great jiggle.

Listen to the Greatest Generation podcast after each episode. It really helps you get through the shit.

it's not crap in my opinion, I like those seasons, you can skip the space irish episode

there is a lot of season one and two episodes you can skip, i think there a list somewhere

Conspiracy, Datalore and Heart of Glory are the only episodes that are essential for s1. add Naked Now if you really wanna see Tasha bang Data and Haven if you want see the long legged irish chick, and Code of Honor if you want to cringe, but beyond that, you can skip pretty much all of season 1 and the first half of season 2 and not miss much.

It doesn't get any better. Acting is stiff and wooden, plots are ridiculous morality plays, and characters are so silly they need a laugh track.

even the later seasons have a lot of filler and unnecessary/annoying content. I love the show but it's not for modern audiences

Farpoint has a kind of poor reputation but it's honestly probably the best Trek opening episode.

The first 1.5 seasons or so is wonky because they don't have a solid handle on the characters and what they're trying to do, plus a lot of content was salvaged from an older, aborted attempt at continuing the old 1960's Star Trek series.

A bunch of stuff in TNG line up closely with things from the first Star Trek movie, which similarly cannibalized the same unused materials.

I would say watch it all because it grows on you, but if you feel like skipping around this is a pretty good guide.

Attached: tng.jpg (1080x8800, 3.89M)

I really wish this text was yellow

There’s stinkers throughout the series. Seasons 1 and 2 have their highlights though so go in with an open mind. Some really don’t like Pulaski but really she’s not that bad, and she’s gone after season 2 anyway.

The one you can definitely avoid is shades of evil. Riker basically gets stung by a plant before the episode begins and then almost dies from being subjected to a godawful clip show.

There's some great episodes in seasons 1 and 2, and everyone has different tastes, you may not think they're as bad as people claim, I wouldn't say Farpoint is noticeably better than the average episode from the first couple of seasons.

You had me at a woman falls down some stairs

>but apparently I'm about to sit through two seasons of crap before I get to the good stuff.
Have you seen TOS? If you have you can skip the first two seasons because it was just Rodenberry literally remaking TOS with a bigger budget before he got booted off the creative process

>Watching every episode and movie of Star Trek in order
Virgin Star Trek nerd
>Watching only the Star Trek episodes and movies that you want in any order you want
Chad Trekkie

Attached: 1536381442029.png (462x435, 299K)

Casuals leave

Nigga wat? DS9 had a better opening episode. Encounter at Farpoint is just godawful.

Absolute kino

Attached: 1471466454469.webm (720x496, 2.77M)

Emissary is boring and you've just fooled yourself into liking it because of the Borg opening and Picard cameo. Most lame and anti-climactic of any Trek openers.

tfw they put the cute waifus in the shit episodes so that you have to watch everything

How could anyone with such a room temperature IQ watch any Star Trek?

>Most lame and anti-climactic of any Trek openers.
Clearly you've not seen the first episode of Voyager.