How does this hold up in 2019?

Attached: Chappelle.jpg (360x270, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fKIwj1TQmFs
youtube.com/watch?v=iLsvH7_EF34
youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4hYdxMIzY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone?

I've always heard people suck its dick like it's a legendary sketch comedy show. it's really not, even for the time it was made. maybe by american standards since people watch SNL for some reason. I could see those people thinking chappelle's show to be some kind of masterpiece.
it's a good show worthy of some laughs, but his standup is better. a lot of the sketches are dumb filler with only a few really memorable ones.

Black people don't change so yes.

it wasnt funny then and its not funny now

great, more worthy of praise than shit that gets shilled here like that garbage World Peace show or Tim and Eric.

everyone likes the same few sketches and don't care about the rest

t. player hater of the year, runner up

>look mom I posted it again!

I'm Rick James, bitch

Attached: Fuck Yo Couch.gif (471x350, 903K)

Some of those sketches were like low tier MAD TV shit. The audi commercial parody, New York bewbs, gta in real life, white girls sings his thoughts, pretty much anything they did in the studio.
The rest though is pretty gold

There has yet to be a sketch show to come close. It united people from different backgrounds with different tastes.

I mean if you understand when it comes from yeah it's still enjoyable

youtube.com/watch?v=fKIwj1TQmFs
youtube.com/watch?v=iLsvH7_EF34

You really haven't seen many sketch shows have you.

I liked great New York bewbs, kinda like an early Eric Andre

Calling all contrarians

Attached: b18jf7k56ve21.jpg (640x719, 43K)

yeah that’s my point, whatever shitty show you didn’t bother to even list, no one cares about except a small homogenous group. Unlike Chapelle

I watched a few eps last year, never cracked a smile. Used to laugh my ass off but then again I was young and dumb, now im just dumb.

>REEEEE Michigan J Frog is RACIST it hurts my fee fees!
>Now here's our new sketch, Nigger-Man! "nigger nigger nigger man, he's the niggerest of niggers, man"

redditors ITT that think quoting a show makes it funny

youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4hYdxMIzY

Chappele's voice annoys me, great show tho. The R kelly thing was hilarious

it's funny because a good amount of gay people are actually like that

The race draft and the world championship of dice still never fail to make me laugh.

Attached: yessss.gif (420x314, 1.53M)

For me it's mad real world

Attached: nazirape.gif (400x229, 1.1M)

It’s hit or miss but the Clayton Bigsby sketch will live on as one of the greatest ever made.

Tim and Eric used to be tolerable and relatively unique during their prime. I fucking hate Sam Hyde. He's such a slimy piece of shit and surrounds himself with yes-men. I wish his brand would just die already.

Pretty good. This, Killin' Them Softly, For What It's Worth and Block Party are essential Chappelle kino. No I don't care about his dude weed comedies, fuck off.

Watch it and form your own opinion, jackass

Also, Tron 2020

>Bill Burr with hair

We’re all getting older ;_;

Had quite a few legendary sketches. Clayton Bixby, Mad Real World, Making The Band, Charlie Murphy True Hollywood Stories, Player Haters Ball. I'm sure some of those don't hold up well nowadays tho.

It honestly doesn't. Chappelle is one of the funniest comedians to ever take the stage, and while you can see him in every sketch, you can tell the writer's room was filled with the late 90s, early 00s absurdist humor writers. Absurdist humor works well when extrapolating racial tensions and stereotypes for a visual medium meant to be taken in half-hour segments, unfortunately absurdist humor has been beaten to death. So The Chappelle's Show falls into the "Seinfeld isn't funny" category where so much of the show feels flat and contrived because it feels like it's all been done before and done to death--even though it hadn't been done ever before this show because this show invented it.

I'm 32. Shit was hilarious. The episode with Dylan five best rappers of all time. Mad real world when they stab his dad for no reason lol