Why do people hate the buy saga?

I thought it was great. SSJ3 was litty as fuck

Attached: CDCC7888-02B6-499B-BBBE-721B3335DED7.jpg (1280x720, 238K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kVdlBxdqv8s
youtube.com/watch?v=-hRu65e0Yt0
youtube.com/watch?v=y833WaJemX8
youtube.com/watch?v=feG-LWHpDTg
youtube.com/watch?v=FzX-4ZgaF9I
youtube.com/watch?v=jDOgJdOEfAU
youtu.be/KUBnnrvTC2o
youtube.com/watch?v=Vt-v7lzcy0Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's all just gohancucks seething

Dragon Ball should have ended after Namek

The first part till right before Buu comes is utter shit, some of the lowest in DBZ and that's saying something. Right after that it becomes arguably some of the best imo, it stops trying to make any sense and goes full action comedy, which is a godsend after the cell arc.

I liked the buu saga

Too long and the new forms were cool but ultimately useless

it jumped power levels too much and dint make sense most of the time
It shouldve been clear that fat buu>>>>kid buu

dude....fuark yes...dbz is FUARKEN AWESOME, yo!!!

taught me that the power of friendship and courage was enough to make my heart burn bright with power and passion!!!!!

“I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth!!!"

Chills, bro!!!

Kaioshin says he could defeat freezer with one hand then he's afraid of Pui Pui I mean... it's clear Toriyama didn't had his shit together, lots of imagination but he shouldve read what he had wrote five pages before.

>fat buu>>>>kid buu
that's not true though, fat buu was the weakest. kid buu is weaker than super buu and all of his absorption powerups but they didn't make that very clear either

it felt like it was made up as it went along (because it was) and i never really cared what was happening aside from the vegeta/goku rematch and vegeta completing his arc and admitting goku is superior to him
the humor fell flat a lot of the time

this, goku is not even in ssj3 when he defats kid buu

It goes on for way too long, mostly. Even the Kai version that cuts it by over half the episodes still drags endlessly. And it's all formulaic stuff we've seen before; it was the last limp of the series.

And for the life of me I'll never understand why fags like the Great Saiyaman stuff so much. It was Proto Dragon Ball Evolution.

Wich fat buu? Mr buu or Majin Buu? the one fighting kid buu and grey buu is weaker but he's not the same as the one fighting Vegeta, Gogan and Goku although he looks the same
He shoulve had different clothes I think.
I understand absorbing the Gods make him more peaceful but geting weaker? fuck no

I don't think he was all that interesting a villain. After the huge build up of Frieza and Cell, Buu wasn't as memorable. Plus, I was probably just tired of Dragonball at the time.

Attached: 14352652636.jpg (500x675, 78K)

>8=10

Would smash.

its fine in a vacuum but terrible in terms of the whole story

1- the "enemy absorbs their power and get stronger" was already done by cell

2-the whole story up to that point built up to goku passing the torch of earth's defender to gohan in the cell saga. many people died, including goku, for gohan to finally unleash his full potential and defeat cell. then in the buu saga they say JK, gohan sucks now, but now there is goten who is what gohan shouldve been

3-SSJ3 was absolute shit, because not only was it ugly with the no eyebrows, it didnt even defeat a major villain and got powercreeped by fusions within the same saga

4-it completely removed all stakes by changing the dragonballs to undo everything that buu did. before it mattered if people died more than once, after buu, nothing matters as long as the villain gets defeated eventually because they can bring a whole planet of people back

8 was probably best bulma. although I also like short hair bulma

Ironically, Ugliest Bulma (#11) was the only one that got certifiably laid.

I liked it

for me it's nine

Maybe he is taking about first form Frieza

>16
I love every Bulma but that one the most.
Also DBZ and all related media are not very good unless you're 12.

Attached: bulma-briefs_9001.jpg (400x267, 21K)

but that was already one of the strongest guy on the universe

Bulma's final form was disappointing. Worst transformation sequence in the series.

You're a big fag but I agree. I never really got the appeal of DBZ especially compared to other shonen.

doesn't really hold as strong a narrative as Frieza or Cell. Doesn't seem as personal.

Also, they cuck Gohan twice in one saga? Really? all that build up since the Sayain Saga?

Attached: vegeta6.jpg (258x196, 11K)

better than cell

Attached: mistarefusion ranking.png (845x474, 912K)

Fat Buu is pretty unique.

6 is best bulma

Attached: bulma.gif (300x300, 672K)

The wall just got ten feet higher pablo

Think about this for one second. From the episode Goku arrives at the tournament the events of the Buu saga take place over a day or two days maximum. Now justify it.

Same. It’s really bad. Especially when you watch it as an adult.

Dragon Ball was softcore as heck. Guess that stopped when Goku grew an adult penis and it isn't cute anymore

>compared to other shonen
DBZ was the most bombastic and influential shonen of all time, dont pretend to be fucking retarded.

If you critique it as an adult the same complaints can logically be applied as an extension to 90% of other shonen and the genre as a whole. So the question then becomes
>why are you watching shonen as an adult

I got this faggot on Dokkan (LR), is he good?

kino
youtube.com/watch?v=kVdlBxdqv8s

2 was my crush growing up

DBZ might have created the modern shonen but it doesn't mean that it did it the best. The characters in DBZ are extremely shallow.

No one was claiming it did it best though.

>they instantly go back to showing dicks when they did GT
what did toei mean by this?

that's just not true

Bulma is ALWAYS perfect.

That being said, 2 through 10 are pure kino and I hate my life for not getting with this ultra qt

>>why are you watching shonen as an adult
Because I watched DB and DBZ as a child. Besides DB, even through rose tinted glasses, DBZ is bad.

its a great saga better than cell thats fur sure.

MY SKIN IS COLD

Attached: 13824173974.jpg (900x1336, 322K)

I hated it as a kid because Fat Buu was a retard and it wasn't serious enough for my edgy self. Rewatched it last year and realized how scary a child minded being with no rhyme or reason and total destructive power running around would be. Still hate Kid Buy more than any other villus because he's just a dumb ape.

SSJ3 is nearly unusable in living form. Goku could only hold it for that long because the spirit visiting Holy was less stamina draining and Gotenks could do it because double the power supply.

Something no one points out despite all the write up's & videos done on the Buu saga's flaws, the Z fighters have ZERO emotional connection to Buu

Saiyan Saga - Goku's lost brother & the last members of his Saiyan race

Frieza saga - follows up on the previous arc with Frieza, the one who wiped out the Saiyan race

Android saga - follows up on the red ribbon arc & Goku has to finally answer for his mini genocide against the red ribbon army, despite already having this connection, Trunks is still put here to give an even closer & more emotional connection to the Androids (with his own OVA to expand on it)

Buu saga - ??????

To give you a good example, you all remember how sad the Vegeta vs Frieza fight was right? Vegeta broke down crying because he was so frustrated he couldn't avenge his race, while Frieza tortured him to take pleasure in killing the last "monkey"

Now take Gohan vs Gotenks Buu, can you even remember that fight? the one where Gohan gets stomped? probably not, because there is zero emotion there

Now imagine if Baby from GT was in place of Buu, Baby trying to take revenge on the Saiyans for them wiping out his race, this would make Baby beating the shit out of Gohan all the more personal & much more memorable because you know it comes from a place of hatred, while Buu hated Gohan because the plot demanded it

Attached: gb333.jpg (852x551, 137K)

5 was god tier

You ever go back to original DBZ fights, not Kai? They are jank as duck there's like no frames to the animation. Guess you never notice that as a kid because it was the first time you've seen fighting like that.

is the newer dbz stuff worth a watch? I caught a few eps but it seemed like the power levels were becoming a bit of a joke

All that to beat kid buu. Pathetic. Bes character is cell

Only the Battle of Gods movie.

how about threatening to destroy the whole planet? wich he does in fact

MY SKIN IS HOT

Attached: broly.webm (480x268, 2.39M)

that depends on the episode fool
and do you think kai is?

Attached: 1561639627652.jpg (720x880, 75K)

>From the episode Goku arrives at the tournament the events of the Buu saga take place over a day or two days maximum. Now justify it.

After "Namek will explode in 5 minutes" who the fuck keeps track of Real Time in Dragonball anymore?

frieza is not a human, the minutes on his planet dont have 60 seconds and that user is wrong, it lasts 2 weeks

oh wow
"im going to destroy the planet, mwhahaha"

so fucking generic, this is a problem with Cell too, instead of just being an asshole who wants more power, he wants to destroy the planet for no reason

Obviously a joke, but it seems they forgot midway that the Pride Troopers were super heroes, Jiren shouldn't kill like he tried to at the end of the tournament, but Goku & Vegeta certainly do & they almost iced Broly

Can't breathe in space. What's the point of watching?

Goku can breath in space in Super Satan God mode

>so fucking generic,
well not really, Babid wanted to destroy it cause he was an infertile manlet atheist, Buu was just a kid wanting explosions and candy
The conection with the protagonists is precisely that there's none, Buu is milions of years old, he's a threat from beyond time and space, it makes them feel small and that was the objective
Vegeta and the Sayians was the animal threat, Frieza was the alien threat, Cell the mechanical threat and finally Buu was the magical threat.

>this is a problem with Cell too, instead of just being an asshole who wants more power, he wants to destroy the planet for no reason
cell wants a good fight, just like goku or vegeta, cause he's a sayan, blowing the planet is a threat to have a good fight, you have to pay atention

Apparently only in the outermost edge of the atmosphere. They brought this up again in the manga

What? Sayans can't breath in space but they can hold their breath and also create shield bubles with air inside

He didn't need to threaten anyone, it would have been a "say no more senpai" thing if he said he wanted to start a tourney

Cell is better in its first form after that it is boring like shit.

Wow what a hot take

>litty as fuck
go work out dwayne

Attached: 1515476884404.png (960x960, 478K)

>create shield bubles with air inside
Not once

Yeah. Dragon Ball Super is solid after the first two arcs which are hot shit

>Seemed like the power levels were becoming a joke
They definitely do, but you get used to it and learn how to follow it despite the occasional inconsistency. It never gets as bad as GTs power scaling

The manga also had him master ultra instinct in like 5 seconds

Literally the best fight right here.

Attached: 1558665376972.png (1280x720, 1.05M)

Based Roshi

youtube.com/watch?v=-hRu65e0Yt0

Attached: 1273481423 (2).png (800x450, 604K)

broly baby does it

Are you sure? I think the only thing we don't know is how long Goten and Trunks spent perfecting the fusion dance. That and how long Mr. Satan was hanging out with Buu. Outside of that Buu's rampage was pretty nonstop.

Even though I like Vegito, it was retarded to bring back Goku and Vegeta when there was no focus on them at all.

What was the point of building up Gohan and to a lesser extent Goten/Trunks during the high school/world tournament arc when they just end up totally irrelevant?

Majin vegeta was the perfect way for vegeta to go.

Honestly Super Buu gets shit but I think he was the scariest villain in the show and him feeding on people in the lookout was one of the best scenes for building up tension if they executed it better afterwards.

I still liked it and it wasn't near the shit of gt or some super arcs but can't say it left me satisfied.

Now this arc was some wasted potential

Fat buu absorbed many kaishin but the good nature of the grand kaioshin held him back immensly in term of power.

Kid buu is more powerful than all buu cause he is pure evil unleashed with nothing holding back or any weakness whatsoever

God this arc was so underwhelming. Such a great villian with such horrible plot structure

Super Buu Gohan absorbed was able to beat goku and vegeta effortlessly while sjj3 goku was able to match kid buu until he got tired.

Yes, it's two days, since they go to the tournament until they beat Kid Buu.

>Now this arc was some wasted potential
They made one too many trips back to the past/present. That and the random ass pull power up Trunk got (and the spirit bomb sword) and them making Goku bizarrely dumb for some reason.

Attached: nani.png (484x377, 177K)

I like the spirit bomb sword. Everything else fucking sucked

I dunno, I liked the saiyaman stuff.

Yeah, and never again. Of all the things Toriyama could have ripped off from the movies, he ignores the one workaround that dilemma. Now we keep having to pretend blowing up a planet is a big deal

The stuff with Videl is kino.

Attached: videl daddy.jpg (749x718, 91K)

DragonballZ should have ended after perfect cell

>kaishin but the good nature of the grand kaioshin held him back immensly in term of power.
correct but I never liked that
>Kid buu is more powerful than all buu cause he is pure evil unleashed with nothing holding back or any weakness whatsoever
no, kid buu may be as strong as the fat buu that defeats gohan, vegeta, gotenks and fights against Goku SSJ3
but he doesnt hold back, he doesnt have more ki though

Wow what a hot take

I dont plan to see anything after battle of the gods, that was enough bullcrap

The buu saga is just lazy and outright bad writing all around.

Bullshit reason for Goku to be back, bullshit strong villian who can't be beaten until the grandstanding is all done, undoes the "gohan is the new hero" ending Cell games had, all non sayan characters are basically just there to look astonished when someone else did something, fusions were a stupid idea that only lead to more grand standing, buu's powers made him hard to take seriously, which is why kid buu became a thing, but then he was just a violent pink simpleton. I can gonon.
They litetally took everything bad about previous arcs, and dialed it up to 25/10, and forgot to make it entertaining as well. only powerlevel homos like buu saga, because it's their fap material.

I wish he would have come up with something to make the God forms unique/give them a purpose. Like with the Kaio-Ken you knew the pros and cons of it and saw it make a difference in fights. If the God forms allowed them to breath in space, heal injuries...or something...I dunno I'd like them better.

>*releases one episode in three years*

Attached: tfs.png (1280x720, 117K)

Battle of God's and Resurection F are the worst the franchise has ever been, gt included.

After those it gets better

I quit right when buu turned someone into a bubble gum ball and ate them, it was just too much for me at that point

>Bullshit reason for Goku to be back,
t. never seen dragon ball

>What if we redubbed DBZ but filled it with a bunch of cringy jokes! But don't worry, we will start to take ourselves waaaaay too seriously by the end to the point where you can't even find the line between parody and desperate attempt to improve a show we supposedly love!

I dont like the colored hair transformations

>I dont like the colored hair transformations
I didn't either at first but you get used to them as they become standard. It's basically just a quick replacement for Super Saiyan to justify Goku and Vegeta being at the level of strength they are

Frieza saga>Saiyan saga>OG Dragon Ball>Buu saga>Cell saga>Android saga>GT=Super

Attached: Frieza.jpg (552x822, 71K)

>healing injuries
That's another thing they dropped for no reason

I wouldve prefered a blond ssj4 or something like that, I will check it out eventually though

Saiyan Saga > Dragon Ball > Cell Saga > Movies/Special > Freiza Saga > Buu Saga > Super > GT

>a blond ssj4
Not him, but from my perspective the whole point of Blue was to keep the redesign minimal and recognizable. Basically like the other user said, just a replacement for SS. That way when more transformations are introduced, you can stack them on top of Blue while keeping Blue the standard

4 was peak bulma and yes everything past Cell was shit. The Saiyan arc and Namek (to a lesser extent) still let people who weren't Goku be relevant and strong, and the Cell saga had a huge bounce back with actually making Goku almost irrelevant and focusing more on the characters winning or losing through techniques and cleverness, not because x has a higher 9 digit power level over y who only had 8 digits. In fact the Cell arc was the best in the show simply because of how vulnerable the androids and Cell were to the regular earthling heroes and the B list saiyans until Cell powered up...which could've never happened without Cell exploiting Vegetas pride.

Buu and beyond is just punch punch smash smash only Saiyans matter more gimmicks we gotta grow our hair longer we gotta fuse together we gotta dye our hair blue instead of gold strongest in the galaxy strongest in the universe gotta fight Gods punch punch smash smash.

Attached: Cg5ub5cU4AAiLgP.jpg (737x1200, 161K)

Every time I see someone rank DB content I genuinely worry that they are actually retarded

Imagine genuinely believing that any of the DBZ movies are better than the Frieza saga

He's great on the Vegeta's family team or Pure Saiyans if you can pair him with the LR SSJ3 goku

Gohan's high school hijinks and supporting cast. His interactions with Videl and training her as they develop a relationship. It had promise especially with the return to a tournament that they would all fight in for fun. IT had a lot of potential to return to a less serious, but action packed fun event like scene in original Dragon Ball arcs but with the better choreography, production, and sense of urgency Akira had learned through out DBZ. Instead he dashed it all away and turned it into a mess of a story that crapped on the development of half its cast including the character that was set up to be Goku's legacy. it wasn't even like Goku couldn't be involved still. Ways were found, but Akira sacrificed so much development of everything else he set up to simply return to a status qou. Now DB is stuck with the shit heep that is Super. It's basically the same shit over, and over now, like a damn Soap Opera.

Freeza saga is great until the Ginyu force shows up.

I mean he was also scared shitless of Dabura who, with the Majin Powerup, was still only as strong as Cell - it never made any sense that he was so surprised by Goku, Vegeta and Gohans power

Freiza Saga is just unforgivably long and imo was the point of no return in terms of power scaling.

not that all of the movies are better but I would enjoy rewatching them more.

It just wasn’t as good or original as the series had been. Vegetas moments were excellent, the final buu fight was good, Goku v Vegeta was excellent. Everything else kinda fell flat

>Freiza saga
>5th.

no chance weeb, the ginyu force most entertaining force

The manga version was better because of the Hakai-moment alone

Imagine taste this shit lol

He didn't know. Outside of knowing Buu was sealed on Earth and that Babidi and Dabra were active there trying to revive em, Kaioshin knew fuck all about Goku and the others.

Same here. It was a breath of fresh air and I was kind of disappointed when we went back to the old Bad guy>Train>Win formula.

I know but that in itself makes no fucking sense - we are talking about the being that oversees and watches Universe 6 but then he doesnt keep an eye out on the guy that killed the defacto leader of the Universe, Freezer ?

With the possible exception of Afro Bulma at the very end, Row 2 is Peak Bulma all the way.

GT is better than Buu & half of Super

Everyone did some stupid shit that wasn't in their character.

Except for Vegeta, Piccolo, and Gotenks.

To be fair there's supposed to be a group of them and the rest are dead. Shin is also spending all his time trying to find and kill Majin Buu.

gotenks was just trunks being a bigger douche

Piccolo should have had the namekians use their dragon balls to revive Goku and make him immortal, and use the final wish to give him infinite stamina.Then after he kills Buu use the dragon balls again to undo all the power ups.

Perfectly in character, but also hilarious because he inadvertently causes the Destruction of Earth.

Because it sucked compared to everything that came before it.

Or just send ultimate gohan to kill kid buu. He was way weaker than super buu by that point.

Enter CHADren

Attached: 1543813373566.png (859x1153, 940K)

I'm saying that should have been the plan instead of gambling their fates on two kids. Piccolo thought Gohan was dead at that point.

>54 posters >127 replies

Take this weeb shit to Yea Forums anything after db is SHIT PURE SHIT

>le expressionless character man

That's like, two posts per person.

based

I've been meaning to marathon the entire series should I start with the manga or Dragon Ball?

>imypling that Maijin Vegeta wasn't peak DBZ
plebs the lot of u

God even his fucking design is boring. Say all you want about the buu saga but it blows all of super out of the water

Oh yeah who didn't love Majin Edgegeta.

Attached: 457823456789.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

Dumb phoneposter

I always felt puzled at the lack of effort Toei put towards making the movies fit the canon

>go to Yea Forums
>see dragonball thread
>nothing but shitposting from beginning to bump limit
>go to Yea Forums
>see dragonball thread
>some quality discussion
I love how that works.

Attached: 1273481423 (1).png (800x450, 478K)

youtube.com/watch?v=y833WaJemX8 shit was lit senpai

The real question:
Otherworld Tournament arc. Kino or no?

Attached: Uiyh.png (640x480, 518K)

1. Yet another big strong guy simply conjured out of nowhere to fight Goku
2. Narratively all over the place. First section is about Goku in High school and none of this matters.
3. Buu has the worst design of any DB villain.
4. Just more of the same repeat the Freiza fight for like the 4th time.
5. MORE SSJ TRANSFORMATIONS. Lame.

You know dragonball is shit thats why you bring it here to shitposter central

post kino dbz moments, I'll start

Attached: lf.webm (720x405, 2.25M)

This is definitely not Piccolo.

Attached: Pikkon_tickle.jpg (853x480, 52K)

nice digits, but no

Attached: 1547045675325.jpg (947x860, 160K)

what is this

Attached: 12571523123122.png (960x637, 1.29M)

Broly is even better. Not even a super fag but purely from the animation it’s the best dbz movie

It's because their release date was usually uncertain

grandpa gohan vs teenage emo gohan

>characters have to be deep for the show to be good.

DBZ is literally to Shonen what Seinfeld is to Sitcom. Both are the greatest of all of them BTW

>Goku in high school

kys

Human Dr. Gero vs. red hair Vegeta.

The just changed focus on the characters too many times. They spent so much time working up Gohan and Gotenks, only for them too fall flat and resort back to Goku.
Nevermind he's dead, Elder Kai can just bring him back in 2 seconds. Nevermind he's not strong enough, just give him these Potara earring we just introduced. It just felt transitioned from Gohan to Goku so quickly it felt like they wrote themselves into a corner and had to write some serious shit to fix it.

Bulma smoking in her green dress as a MILF is still her hottest design and it's a shame it was used for only a handful of episodes.

Attached: BGD.jpg (219x720, 29K)

Watched 2 episodes of the second season and dropped it. First season was such perfectly animated kino I was a fool to think it could be replicated let alone improved upon

Does anyone know where there was a scene when the Ginyu forced was attacking Goku and their hands were going straight through his head? They thought he was an illusion, but Vegeta saw he was moving so fast they couldn't see him.
I tried scouring the episodes but couldn't find it. Anyone give me a hand?

youtube.com/watch?v=feG-LWHpDTg

Fuck this I can watch it dubbed in fact it's how I watched the entire DBZ but that music, unfitting and never shutting up, is just unbearable.

Single tracks like theme for Vegeta or SSJ3 are good but the bgm itself is a nightmare.

youtube.com/watch?v=FzX-4ZgaF9I

Dragon Ball was never the same after Androids and Cell saga. It fell victim to the same old shonen scaling problem. It's still special in its own way but it's not great and it probably won't be.

How do you deal with the revelation that almost all funimation VAs are honestly bad people?

Post a modern shonen you like

Attached: file.png (872x1322, 857K)

youtube.com/watch?v=jDOgJdOEfAU
also this

>Goku's hair blowing

God, this animation is so much better than the shit we got later on.

I have the opposite opinion. The last good thing about Buu saga was Vegetas sacrafice. Everything after is garbage.

It was too long and just like another youtuber said when other villains transformed they remained the same character.
Great Saiyaman was the hardest filler for me to get through but it seems to be a fan favorite.

Yea Forums is just a terrible board

Toriyama has said multiple times that he likes characters with no personalities because that way he doesn't have to put effort writing them

The hardcore section of the DBZ fanbase has tried hard to deny this, but it's clear Gohan didn't defeat Buu due to his failing popularity in Japan, the japanese audience only loves Goku

>Androids made on earth that are stronger than a powerful alien.

elaborate.

not really stronger than 100% frieza, they had unlimited energy, vegeta & piccolo both were doing fine against the androids until they got gassed

yes it was bullshit, Gero shouldve been aided by the mechafreeza doctor at least

Schemmel is an asshole with serious mental problems that he's not even hiding, several voice actors spend their time on twitter calling people bitches, saying they fucked someone's mothers and having internet fights and the entire fandom is divided because they kicked one actor out based on some rumors.

Fuck Gohan

Who the fuck would watch the sub-titled version and listen to Goku being voiced by a fucking woman?

a lot of people, really

Weebs aren't people

>powerful alien comes to earth as a cyborg
>genius engineer collects samples of alien cyborg's remains
>studies remains and uses what he learns to refine his own cyborgs in addition to mixing alien's dna into his bio-android
>time traveler trying to prevent all of this only learns that the engineer collected those samples after he traveled back in time, so he can't prevent any of it

Cell relied mostly on eating people and ambush tactics to get to absorbing 17. He couldn't plot after that because absorbing 17's ego made him dumber.

r8 the official music video for the French DBZ OP

youtu.be/KUBnnrvTC2o

Attached: dbz ariane.jpg (599x604, 208K)

>people aren't allowed to have conversation and should only make one post ever

Fuck off retard. Just because you're autistic doesn't mean others dont know how to talk.

The heroes had no personal connection with the Androids. 17 and 18 didn't do anything evil aside from steal a truck.

Cell is the only one they had emotional connection with because he's pretty much killing people and absorbing the Androids to make himself stronger.

It would be if it actually concluded. Absolute fucking horseshit that we have 3 whole tournaments in Z and none of them ever get a winner

>genius engineer collects samples of alien cyborg's remains
we never saw that but ok

I liked it cause we had the same intro in catalan, only the first episodes though

youtube.com/watch?v=Vt-v7lzcy0Y

bad thing was that we got our japanese translation from the french one so we also got all the mistakes

Cell explains it. How did you think he got Frieza's DNA?

Watching this made me realize, that the plan all along was just to make OG Dragon ball again, but with Gohan, but no one cared.

yes, his dna, nothing about the mechanical parts and the science behind him

and, they tried the same thing with Pan in GT.

That why Trunks was a thing

It's probably best to stop at the Frieza or Cell saga. DB is like some old relative slowly slipping into dementia. There are still brief glimpses where you see some of the original creative ideas but ultimately you want it just put out of its misery already .

Cooler and Broly had more emotional connection with the heroes than the Androids ever did.

implying you ever had an emotional conection
kys incel

Dragonball fights work better if the heroes have a personal reason to fight the villain.

Was it rape?

Get a life.

Maybe use it to have sex, you don't have to.

but theres lots of them too

He says DNA because he's talking to Piccolo about where the DNA came from. Are you trying to say that Frieza's organic parts were intact enough to draw DNA from, but none of his mechanic parts were intact enough to collect? Or are you saying that the the mechanical parts were there, but Dr. Gero, a guy who does nothing but make robots, wasn't interested enough in the robot pieces made by advanced aliens to have his robots pick up pieces of them off the ground?

I think I started to realize it with whoever it is who voices Vegeta, I think Chris Sabat, was asked a question about the "over 9000" meme and says people are always asking him to say it, and he didn't acknowledge that it wasn't from his dub at all. He just claimed he didn't remember it.

Slice-of-life with superpowers was the only good thing about the Buu saga. Filler writers actually outshining the source material on that one.

Im saying Trunks burned every piece

If he burned every piece then they wouldn't have been able to get DNA. You can't get DNA from ashes.

I always though he had a robot mosquito and took blood samples during the battle

That speach really made it feel like Goku had become a vessel for some legendary being.

>The Cell arc only happens because the characters are FIGHTERS

Attached: cell arc 2.jpg (663x960, 134K)

Best dub desu

Attached: Team_Four_Star_DBZA.jpg (600x600, 271K)

Kai doesn't cut the Buu Saga enough. It also doesn't make any attempt to correct the pacing issues created by chopping up episodes that were originally designed to be paced for their own 22 minute segment, making it feel even longer still.

>litty
You can lit yourself on fire, you nigger.

Schemmel supposedly threw a hissy-fit over the thought of bringing Peter Kalemis in to voice Goku Black because he feels entitled to be the only voice of Goku.

Didn't Toriyama wanted to end it at that but his publishers told him to keep printing money? Honestly, one could stop watching the show there.

He wanted to stop after the first story arc, lol

Reminder that all dragonball youtubers are lonely troll lucking spergs

Attached: 05D521D3-E72C-4600-B84A-383CFE93F490.jpg (640x368, 22K)

Attached: F4855339-599C-433B-A382-376DCB4EF0AB.jpg (569x851, 71K)

holy CRINGE go back to

>DBZ was the most bombastic and influential shonen of all time, dont pretend to be fucking retarded.
This is a bit of a non sequitur following my post. Just because something was influential doesn't mean it was good. Also bombastic=/=good

It really does feel like that in that one filler episode near the end of the Cell Saga where Gohan helps out some girl and her town from being terrorized by Mecha Tao

Gohan was always shit
I don't understand those who ride his nuts

Wait how come Trunks having a connection to the Androids is acceptable but Shin having a connection to Buu isn't? They're both brand new characters.

inb4 "TH-THAT'S DIFFERENT"

I can't stand Sean, i wish Toei would take the series away from Funi

I guess I'll have to use it on my Vegeta's Family team.

LR SS4 Vegeta, STR SS4 Goku, LR Phy Trunks, Transform Vegeta and Evo Vegeta are good for him?

Possibly they meant Super Perfect Cell. Reminder that even regular Perfect Cell was only half strength when he beat Goku and Android 18 was strong enough to beat Freeza in a single blow.

Gohanfags have a crusade against the Buu saga for obvious reasons. Normal people liked it.

They can’t handle whoever their favorite character is getting MOGGED by Vegito

Attached: 68BBC7FA-3339-4EBD-A3AD-711622E995CC.gif (500x281, 730K)

>buy saga
Exactly
Ss3 and fusions are all merch shit no story relevance

doesn't goku win the other world tournament? gohan wins the cell games. and mr. satan wins the budokai. were there other tournaments?

History of Trunks is the best piece of content from DBZ
Supreme Kai is a little bitch

>doesn't goku win the other world tournament
I don't think so. I think it was a draw

Why the fuck is this thread still here

neat. i like to rewatch the filler sagas seperate from the main canon stories so it's been a while since i've seen it.

Remember that time when Frieza told Goku that he had 5 minutes or else he will explode with the planet and it took 12 episodes for planet namek to explode

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 31K)

and trunks himself has a clear connection to the main cast and an important figure in vegeta's development. shin and babidi were the most out of the blue, disconnected development in DB at the time

Cause it's when dbz became a parody of itself. Fusion got introduced but turned out to be a useless asspull, muh hybrid potential got thrown completely out the window, vegeta's sacrifice was useless cause buu survived anyway and vegeta got revived at the end of the arc, goku goes beyond full retard and once again jeopardizes the safety of everyone cause of his fight autism, gohan was set up to be the next MC and gets shafted hard cause toriyama realized nobody gave a shit and buu was just cell 2.0 but worse in every way. The whole arc is just a train wreck.

This whole movie was fucking kino.

>gohan was set up to be the next MC and gets shafted hard
Good. Fuck Gohan

>doesn't goku win the other world tournament
Nope
>Gohan wins the cell games
Only after all the rules are removed and it stops being a tournament
>Mr Satan wins the Budokai
Through a technicality after everyone else but 18 drops out

I don't really like him either and always found him annoying but seeing him man up for once and actually get shit done was satisfying. Then buu absorbed gotenks and it all went downhill from there.

Buu kills Vegeta, kills Chichi while Goten watches, kills most of the cast afterwards, and by the time of the final battle has destroyed the earth and killed every major earth character besides Goku, Vegeta, Dende, and Satan.

It is interesting that unlike Frieza and Cell, the first Buu form that the main characters face is that one becomes the most iconic. Probably says a lot about how boring the later Buu forms are.

Based and greenpilled.

Attached: 1548370854129.jpg (779x1199, 198K)

*is a better looking and stronger form than ss3 in your path*

Attached: 1548615020615.png (1024x888, 381K)

>hating the most kino form ever
As expected of delusional gtfags.

Attached: 2jfhde9.jpg (718x1159, 168K)

Not that guy but I just researched powerlevels and you guys are pleblets.

Attached: ce91224b95b89a01e00c0dfdd68a3160.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

The first and last forms of Freeza and Cell (especially its first form) are good designs. Cell's second design is simply ugly and the other forms of Freeza are forgettable.

Attached: voy a ignorar eso.jpg (1200x675, 136K)

You could take out Goten and Trunks from the story entirely and nothing would change.

Because the kid version is the strongest, so the entire final fight when he's an adult is a waste of time.

>voy_a_irnorar_eso.jpg
ya that's just a yikes right there

fake

seethe more fag

This. Ive said this since super first came out, Super is just rehash cash grab. I understand if you havent watch dbz before and youre new to it but if youre an old fan and werent offended by super, youre probably a brain dead man child.

In the original manga, time passed, you saw how the characters grew, now everything is trapped in that time between Buu's defeat and the end of the manga.

They both pretty dumb.

Hair is way to big on ssj3 and the lack of eyebrows makes it look like a stupid Neanderthal.

Red fur makes no sense though I appreciate how it looked otherwise.

Fix the two by combining them. Make the fur blonde to match the hair, keep the tail, and make the hair big but not as outlandish as 3’s.

christ gimme a 4

2nd form Freeza that King Cold also uses it my favorite design of the bunch. His weird Geiger Alien form 3 is the real forgettable travesty. There was no point to it.

>but if youre an old fan and werent offended by super, youre probably a brain dead man child.

Yea, or mexican.

>monkey goes super blond monkey and fights so fast the animators don't even have to animate anything!
wow

Shit taste

Me