The Irishman

Kino is back on the menu boys. It's the opening film of NYFF this year.

>thefilmstage.com/news/first-look-at-martin-scorseses-the-irishman-set-for-world-premiere-at-nyff/

>The Irishman is a richly textured epic of American crime, a dense, complex story told with astonishing fluidity. Based on Charles Brandt’s nonfiction book I Heard You Paint Houses, it is a film about friendship and loyalty between men who commit unspeakable acts and turn on a dime against each other, and the possibility of redemption in a world where it seems as distant as the moon. The roster of talent behind and in front of the camera is astonishing, and at the core of The Irishman are four great artists collectively hitting a new peak: Joe Pesci as Pennsylvania mob boss Russell Bufalino, Al Pacino as Teamsters president Jimmy Hoffa, and Robert De Niro as their right-hand man, Frank Sheeran, each working in the closest harmony imaginable with the film’s incomparable creator, Martin Scorsese.

Hopefully this will be Scorsese's Once Upon a Time in America. Epic, contemplative and great.

Attached: EAp5mxiXsAAi2ER.jpg (1600x900, 273K)

Another gangster flick. We have seen that a thousand times.

I'm fucking ready, also very nice double 69s

>“The Irishman is so many things: rich, funny, troubling, entertaining and, like all great movies, absolutely singular,” said New York Film Festival Director and Selection Committee Chair Kent Jones. “It’s the work of masters, made with a command of the art of cinema that I’ve seen very rarely in my lifetime, and it plays out at a level of subtlety and human intimacy that truly stunned me. All I can say is that the minute it was over my immediate reaction was that I wanted to watch it all over again.”
Scorsese's editor said that it's different from his other gangster films and people shouldn't expect another Goodfellas.

Attached: EAp5nHDXsAAWpOP.jpg (1600x900, 337K)

So go line up for Dora the Explorer instead. That'll show them

Nice dubs.

Are they deaged in these photos?
Nice

>DeNegroe's shoes
fucking kek

>and people shouldn't expect another Goodfellas
That was Hacksese's only good film besides Taxi Driver.

Kek what the fuck? They didn't edit that out? Jesus Christ.
What's your problem with Scorsese?

I don't get it. How are Robert De Niro and Al Pacino, who are both almost 80, going to "act" like they are young? De-aging their bodies isn't going to make up for the fact that they'll still look stiff and slow.

Yes, that's my concern too. The body language will be hard to replicate.

It's basically "whitesploitation" at this point. Not to mention a Jew-washing of organised crime.

Concrete filled shoes

Imagine being such a fucking fag as this fucking guy.

the guy he's playing was tall

scorsese will use de niro half black sons so that they can make the movie more "hip" for the modern audiences

and then the rap version of gimme shelter will play at some

for you

fucking finally. gonna be the foty easily. based marty doing it again. i guess the film is finished since the festival dude saw it right?

Yes but that doesn't mean that promotional photo is supposed to have those shoes. It looks ridiculous.

Maybe he saw rough cut. Sometimes rough cut is shown to festivals. But yes it's either finished or very close to being finished.

Bump

Yes dude

not gonna lie, dunk looks hella based here

>By March 5, 2018, it was also reported the film's budget had ballooned from $125 million to $140 million, due in large part to the visual effects needed to make De Niro, Pesci, and Pacino appear up to 30 years younger at various points throughout the film.[34]

Eh. This just isn't going to look right. They should just hire younger actors.

This is becoming a terrible trend in HW.

Scorsese and computers go together like Jews and beauty, no thanks.

Scorsese is autistic so he might pull it off. It will be interesting at least. He worked on it for a long time in post production and his comments two months ago were that he dissatisfied with the eyes. If only the eyes are the problem than it should be good.

the whole reason why this movie is happening is because it's essentially the expendables but for "greatest actors"

It's a passion project for De Niro and Scorsese, they wanted to do it for a long time but the technology and money weren't there.

>dude gabagool lmao
>eyyy oooh wassamatta youuuu
cringing hard over here, cuck

Hugo had great visuals

too bad it was ruined by this fucking cunt chloe the juggernaut moretz