Man, this movie was really goddamn disappointing

Man, this movie was really goddamn disappointing.

My friend and I went to go see it last night and both walked out wondering what in the fuck Tarantino was thinking with this shit.

Attached: Once-Upon-Time-Hollywood-Movie-Posters.jpg (728x1079, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fhVPwen3pk0
reddit.com/r/comicbookmovies/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

filtered

Man, there are many threads where you could have written this shit. No need to create your own thread. Also it's his best film since Jackie Brown. It's actually good unlike the shit he has been making between Jackie Brown and this.

This is a thread specifically dedicated to discussing why the movie is shit.

Youve probably said this about every Tarantino film since Inglorious Bastards

You didn't say why it is bad, you didn't say anything you dumb cunt.

You're in no position to give a credible opinion.

unironically a pleb filter.

all the seething redditors kek

this

Django was alright, definitely one of his weaker films. I liked the Hateful Eight a whole lot.

At least Once Upon a Time's ending was good, but sitting through that shit for two hours just for 5 minutes of fun isn't exactly what's to be expected from a Tarantino flick.

The acting was good and the final scene was great, but I have to agree

1) It was fucking boring.
2) It had a ton of random story arcs that seemed ultimately to lead nowhere
3) The themes and the plot were all over the place and never really came together in any meaningful way.

That's basically it. It was just a long, boring movie with a lot of buildup for very little payoff. If Tarantino's name wasn't behind it this movie would have been ignored entirely.

I don’t think I would have enjoyed it if I knew about the Tate murders.

How do you NOT know about the Tate murders? The Tate murders are implied knowledge, you're supposed to be watching her with the knowledge that she will get murdered in the end along with the knowledge of Tarantino's history if phantasmagorical violence and the rewriting of history. The movie is literally predicated on that.

Qualley's ass

Imagine thinking that a meandering nostalgia-driven wank fest is patrician. You Armond White-worshiping fuck ups really make me laugh.

I was generally aware of who Charles Manson was but wasn’t aware of exactly what murders he was involved in. I wouldn’t have enjoyed the conclusion as much if I knew it was just a bait-and-switch, not knowing kept me engaged

Pleb filtered. Love it when plebs get put in their place, stick to capeshit.

The fact that I knew about the Tate murders made it much more interesting. Knowing that this naive and overall good person would be brutally stabbed by the end of the movie, which thankfully didn't happen.

This

Attached: 1564375733052.png (684x914, 1.1M)

Lol if you actually enjoyed this movie then I can guarantee you haven't seen very many movies, and you most definitely haven't seen any other Tarantino movies.

Stick to capeshit whilst we watch le imdb kinos when we're not watching capeshit or flavor of the week meme shows

Attached: 1564376158119.png (660x596, 579K)

I hate alternate history and rewrites

This happened to everyone who watched Inglorious Basterds

>Hmm, I wonder how will their plan fail since they obviously won't kill Hitler

One more!

Attached: 1564375461053.png (988x1158, 1.72M)

1. Maybe you have ADHD
2. It didn't, it's a day in the life of these characters, slice of life film.
3. What were the themes then? Break them down for me.

Yes no le epic violence every 20 minutes. Jesus that's boring where is some blood and violence? What the fuck was Tarantino thinking? Not even one exploding head? What a hack.

the story arcs were character development

the movie isnt about the manson murders, its about rick trying to remain relevant in hollywood

DUDE I FUCKING LOVED THAT ENDING GRAPHIC VIOLENCE REALLY PUT THE CHERRY ON TOP OF THIS WTF I LOVE NIGBULLS NOW AND I LITERALLY STOOD UP AND CHEERED WHEN LEO BROUGHT OUT THE FLAMETHROWER & LMAO AT THE GUY GETTING HIS BALLS CHEWED ON WTF QUENTIN TARAN-FUCKING-KINO IS BACK BUT THEN AGAIN HE NEVER REALLY LEFT

Attached: received_377327362919698.png (454x520, 6K)

Inglorious Basterds was pure kino though

If you didn't like this movie you must be a capeshit fan. Simple really.

Tarantino's other movies (after Jackie Brown) are ripping off exploitation films. This one was at least somehow original and something that i haven't seen before.

>Nazis bad
>Pedos good

Based

No it wasn't although that's the one i want to rewatch.

>then I can guarantee you haven't seen very many movies
This is always the case with nolan and tarantino redditers

he hasn't made any films since inglorious bastards

Hateful 8 was complete trash and django is by far the better film.

quintessential Yea Forums

Hateful 8 was comfy kino

This.

how much is bruce lee in this?

it's his worst movie

2 hrs 40 min actually

Not much.

The scene with him was definitely one of the only good parts of the movie, though.

Django was shit until they reached Candyland and Samuel L. Jackson was introduced.

What was the point if the movie theater scene w/ Sharon?

You have adhd faggot. All you can enjoy from your entire time spent watching it was the bloodbath? How much of a simp are you?

Damn, is it just the one scene? He beats Brad Pitt up?

>How much of a simp are you?
On a scale of Sneed to Chuck? A Sneed.

He made him a cwipple.

Anyone who says Jackie Brown is his best movie is a pretentious fake intellect. Go find some real hobbies and get self esteem.

Sounds pretty based

>Also it's his best film since Jackie Brown.
You have me hyped user

how much sex is there in it? Sex on screen triggers me.

the last scene of the movie where tate and sebring invite leo up to chill was kino of the highest degree and made me tear up in the theater. sebring materializing out of the dark driveway like a ghost, tate’s disembodied voice on the intercom, the gates of heaven opening up to rick’s second act starring in polanski movies. tarantino made this sad dream of a movie all to save her. pure unadulterated kino.

surprisingly none. just one mention of "can i suck your cock"

Stick to capeshit, kid.

isn't there another scene where he's training sharon tate

Yeah and there's another scene with him and Sebring near the end. Neither of these scenes are more than two seconds long.

damn

>stick to le capeshit
youre not smart for sitting through three hours of nothing, I swear you fucks love to just sit on your high horse and jack yourselves off for watching anything longer than two hours. fuck right off, the movie was shit and youre retarded.

Unironically attention-let.

youtube.com/watch?v=fhVPwen3pk0

fpbp

It is, get some taste you fucking faggot. Well i guess Pulp and Jackie are equal in my eyes.
It's quite good, see it in cinema if you can.

certified pleb

triggered and filtered.

reddit.com/r/comicbookmovies/

Way too much disgusting feet even for a tarantino movie

>tfw too intelligent

From all of his movies I've seen
>Reservoir Dogs
>Pulp Fiction
>Kill Bill
>Death Proof
It's easily my second favorite movie under Reservoir Dogs. Hell, its damn near 3 hours, but it didnt even feel like it.

That was the true happy ending, as the film was about rick trying not to fade away as hollywood changed, more than it was about the mansons

The movie begun with him saying he just wants to be invited to that house and then he finally makes it

>disgusting

Attached: 1539640387262.jpg (934x736, 105K)

This is the definitive, official, brainlet take™.

>its damn near 3 hours, but it didnt even feel like it
This. I didn't even realise how much time had passed until I got out and saw a clock. That rising tension kept me engaged throughout.

Most cringeworthy Reddit opinion imaginable
You’re a Virgin. You’ve never had sex. I dare you to deny it. Go ahead, lie on the Internet, user. I dare you to deny it

Attached: 929A249F-4123-4EF4-808A-3AC918D878A5.jpg (640x358, 26K)

To characterize sharon as something more than just a murder victim. She was an up and coming hollywood star, but after the murder, she is only associated with being murdered and nobody remembers her as an actress. The tate scenes were about separating her as a person. QT even hinted that a bit, when the people didnt know her for her role even when she is next to the poster. It also shows her as an opposite to rick

She was innocent and angelic. She was not at all offended that they didnt know who she was, and was happy to pose for them however they wanted. Then during the movie, she was happy watching the audience enjoy her performance and didnt care about them realizing it was her in the theater. Then it threw in the autobiographical tidbit of training with bruce lee

By contrast, rick only cared about being known as the best. He literally cries thinking about people passing him by, and when he forgets his lines, he only cares about being embarrassed and his coworkers thinking less of him. His happiest point in the movie, except maybe the ending, is the loli telling him that he is the best shes ever seen

Attached: Kill-Me-Quickly-Ringo-674x1024.jpg (674x1024, 123K)

WEW that’s a lot of pleb

Attached: 26A69DBF-3373-4FEB-8902-61B6B5885A0C.jpg (4032x3024, 1.41M)

It was great.

Rest of his filmography except Jackie, OUATIH, Pulp and Dogs is glorified capeshit you fucking moron. Le exploitation and violence so cool hahaa. Also why are you posting your own picture? I don't want to see your disgusting face.

>except Jackie
Correct
The rest and especially Pulp Fiction are capeshit tier. I get it though
you're an entry level pleb and that trash was your first "movie" that made you feel like a "film buff", but it's capeshit tier dogshit, pleb

I don't really agree on any of your points. But they're somewhat vague. For me the themes of aging, friendships and movie making were very prevalent. What are some of the plots an story archs that left you unsatisfied?

Name your 10 favourite directors right now you worhless cunt.

Fuck this movie.
I walked out after the credits

You first

What if I dont like either tho?

I asked first so you should go first, mr patrician.

fpbp

Your post doesn't actually point out what you didn't like. Pls learn to stop being bitter and edgy long enough to make a point.

I dont know about this user. I walked out an hour in after Leo's scene with the little girl reading a book. Did the tension start after? Mad boring imo

When I walked out of the theatre after Inglorious Basterds, I women in front of me asked her gf if it was a true story.

>Mad boring imo

Attached: 1549456024710.jpg (1078x1360, 116K)

My pleb friend told me it was pointless shit. I have a feeling I'll probably like it. He's a huge Nolantard too.

And he'd be right saying so though in hindsight most people agree that resevoir dogs is pretty weak, pulp fiction dips too far into pretentiousness, and that only jackie brown and kill bill are his good movies.

because it is pointless, until the very end.
its a day in the life love letter to the 1960s. 90% of the movie is referencing western cinema.

It lacked the tension and rewatchables scenes most of his movies have. But it was still fun, and you could tell he had a blast with the setting.

I dont think you can reasonably deny it is boring at the start

why does TV hate django? its audience score is higher than the critics and this was 2011 so way before SJW bs

Attached: BC100355-2CB1-44EE-856E-7E585D56730A.jpg (206x305, 26K)

is this a joke)

your friends probably not a boomer like you

Was my favorite movie of his in a decade or more. There were a few parts I thought were weak, but overall it's way better than something like Django or Hateful Eight.

Django was good, but forgettable compared to his older movies. I liked it, but have no desire to rewatch it.

Dorito has made one (1) good flick and that's pulp fiction
The rest range from bad to embarrassing

My biggest gripe is the acid cigarette.

You CANNOT smoke LSD, it’s literally impossible to trip that way

The intelligent/correct opinion is that it was pretty good. Not great but comfy and good and worth seeing. It’s also better than most of Tarantino’s films.

>and made me tear up in the theater
Oddly enough me too. Idk why. It was so nice..

i see now, thanks user

3 hours of nothing. I would think that too if my frame of reference was was Disney and WBs blockbusters. Nothing wrong with being casual. Just don't act like you're not.

Nice projection, retard

Yep, once upon a time in Hollywood was great... just like my lost childhood...

Attached: 1525388794348.png (380x349, 77K)

It's not a plot driven movie, it's a slice of life/character exploration. Maybe it's not your cup of tea but saying it is not a good film only shows that you are a plebian of the highest order, not because you disliked the film, but because you believe that your opinion matters to anyone but you.

well put, user

Is there a similar drug the hippy chick could have dipped it in that can be smoked?

Half the retards in this thread just straight up missed the actual plot about Leo getting his happy ending. It is literally spelled out for you. Fuck

The film was Tarankino. I understand why you libcucks and femin-fags hated it. The film wasn't for you. It was for rich powerful white males like me. Never forget that in this world... we are still God.

Ignore that druggy loser. If you soaked a cigarette in LSD and smoked it, you'd still feel some effect.

Yeah I feel like I’d heard of that before

yeah theres quite a few honestly. also if it WAS dipped in acid then he would hallucinate from just touching the cigarette for too long because lsd can be absorbed through the skin
smoking lsd might denature it but theres a lot of similar drugs you can smoke and also theres that whole thing about how the original lsd recipe is lost etc

Turbo pleb

Is Tarantino nothing with his editor?

Same bro, love Tarantino usually but this movie was retarded

tv hates black people and thinks anything that criticizes racists is "anti-white"

No, you won’t. It burns and destroys it. It’s not weed. Fuck off to your safe space little boy.

It wasn't what I was expecting. Tarantino has been doing these period piece revenge tales since basterds and this is another one. I can understand thinking its juvenile and I'm personally ready to see something different from him. This was a good film, however, but I wouldn't call it his best since jackie brown. Its better than Django IMO.

in a nutshell the movie is a fairytale set in idealized late 60s hollywood, where people in the industry dont fuck underage girls that literally fall into their laps, sharon tate doesn't die, and the golden era of hollywood never ends. I believe these have implications and criticisms about current times, cant help but relate the dirty hippies in this movie to millennials.

>past prime pitt
>leo
why did you even go?
both of them are absolutely shithouse now

Pitt is great. Leo is occasionally good.

>watch movie once, feel the same as
>watch movie again
>love it

It was like night and day.

It deserves a rewatch to fully appreciate, because for my personal experience I was initially going in expecting a tight plot point-to-plot point kind of movie, but its meandering nature is evident of its goal to capture an image of an era, where the era itself is a character in the movie. It delivered on that wonderfully.

Attached: images-w1400.jpg (981x2048, 616K)

I'm not white and I thought it was amazing. It's for people who get *it* and people who don't. Aka attention spanlet zoomers and based boomers.

HURRRR JACKIE BROWN IS HIS BEST FILM

this. sick of these fucking reddit posers.

It takes a while for a tab to dissolve under your tongue. Plus it's implied that Cliff kept on smoking on that cig, so that acid is gonna hit him at some point.

I love it when capeshitters get frustrated when real film lovers enjoy something they can’t comprehend because they themselves aren’t fans of film but instead computer generated imagery.

This. They're like the equivalent of babbies whomst only drank formula milk and aren't used to the real thing.

Attached: tips fedora.jpg (480x360, 23K)

django is his best movie, imo. leo and sam jackson are amazing in it. Yea Forums naturally downplays the movie for obvious reasons.

It is

I will say I was impressed with how the movie didn’t feel it’s length considering how much it meandered. I loved leo in this, I think it was his best role. I wish the narrative was a little tighter since the climax came completely out of left field. (My friend knew it was related to the Manson family but I did not, though he said it didn’t help that much with understanding the final shift for the climax). But on the whole I did like it.