Writer, producer, director and composer

>writer, producer, director and composer
you can't get more kino than this, carpenter is on a higher level than every other name in Hollywood
A modern renaissance man unlike those big name directors that never wrote a script in their life, let alone compose a music theme

Attached: 220px-JohnCarpenter01.jpg (220x292, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/john-carpenter-interview-the-thing-trump-cannes/
youtu.be/ORrasstzfEY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You could say he NAILS it.

Attached: 1564376723654.jpg (1462x1462, 411K)

*Burp* Morty!!

>Would you make a film about the America of Trump as a horror movie?

>CARPENTER: No. It’s too real and awful. I truly am scared for my country right now. We’re in really dangerous times.

>What are you afraid might happen?

>CARPENTER: I’m really afraid he won’t let go of power. He’s laid down the red carpet for bigots, for people I knew when I was young in the South. He’s turned over the rock and the things that crawl out! And they’re not ashamed. That scares me. There’s cruelty, there are killings, there’s hatred of other people, of immigrants. But I think that’s worldwide. Why did this come back?

Orange man bad!

Meanwhile Clinton took dozens of trips to Pedo Island. Liberalism is a mental disease.

carpenter unironically plays video games like dead space

don't be surprised if he actually watched rick and morty and said to himself "that's fucking epic"

no relation with his work, as a millionaire he lives on dream land, his politics are understandable

So did Trump.

>*Burp* Morty *Burp* We...uh...gotta go find the thing Morty! *Burp* WE GOTTA FIND THE THING!!!
>Uhhhh...Rick....what does the thing look like?
>IT COULD BE ANYTHING MORTY!!! That's why *Burp* you can't trust anyone! Here's a quantum barf...*Burp*barfshhhmehgmuhpoolon nuclear blaster. Shoot anything that looks suspicious!
>Ah...jeez...Rick...uh I don't know....
>YOU GOTTA SHOOT IT IN ITS DICK MORTY!!! YOU GOTTA SHOOT THE THING IN ITS DICK!!! *Burp*

Attached: impigglerigg.jpg (1200x800, 77K)

dead space is a good game what are you on about?

I’m sure you feel the same way about other liberal film makers

for once you didnt prove he said that and I dont feel his politics corrupted any of his work

collider.com/john-carpenter-interview-the-thing-trump-cannes/

one word
Rodriguez

doesn't talk like the same person to me, probably changed for an alien clone

How mentally ill do you have to be to come shitpost about drumpf in a Carpenter thread? This place really is dead.

Attached: feed me more money.gif (500x270, 1.04M)

He’s a classic hippy liberal faggot. Go back to whatever dilated tranny wound you came out of

he's the definition of a hack. he literally only made one good movie and it was a remake.

But can he handle a chisel?

>I only like liberals when I have my nostalgia glasses on

As did Trump you fucking retard.

Because I'm not a liberal I can separate the work from the creator

>Would you make a film about the America of Trump as a horror movie?
You got John Carpenter in front of you and you're gonna waste his time with a loaded question bitching about the president. I'm so tired.

Hippie and liberal are mutually exclusive, retard.

I’ll see you tomorrow in the 283 threads about film makers political views. Those glasses must really strain your eyes. Try taking them off for a few minutes

James Cameron beats him by a hair.

like I said it depends, I didn't see his politics corrupting any of his films

lol no, titanic was pure dishonesty and avatar a pocahontas remake

>liberal changes the subject
based

Cameron continues to embarrass himself as he shills for Terminator sequels and Robert Rodriguez trash and Avatar sequels that are over a decade late. At least Carpenter has the grace to just take the money without pretending the next Escape From New York reboot is gonna be the best thing ever made.

Why do you fucking retards have to make everything about politics? Do you think actors and directors and what not never had political opinions before the advent of this new age? I just wish I could somehow mute every single retarded American online all at once, that way I wouldn't have to suffer through your bullshit every fucking day on this place.

>“[Reaganism] just pissed me off so much,” Carpenter said, explaining what motivated him to make They Live, and what he saw as the destructive “unrestrained free enterprise” and “kill a commie for Christ” attitudes of Reagan’s America were his primary targets.
haha yeah man

Go ahead and leave

Art inherently has a political side to it. Especially in fiction.

funny, most threads on here these days are eastern european faggots crying about netflix

youtu.be/ORrasstzfEY

Not discussing quality of his output, in terms of his achievements as a person. Guy is an inventor, explorer, and about a hundred other things as well as a director.

Clint Eastwood

Attached: 2212.jpg (1920x1152, 535K)

Yes, yes... very good John

However!

Attached: cronenberg.jpg (268x400, 25K)

>John Carpenter ponders directing again but says the most important things in his life are video games and the NBA
wow just like me

I'm from Eastern Europe and I don't even watch Netflix, why would anyone from here cry about it?

No, I get that. It's just that ever since Trump and Clinton, this whole fucking place just went to the shit. Everyone's quoting something regarding one or the other. Threads turn to shit.

He won’t be a true cinematic renaissance man until he’s also DP, lead actor, stuntman, stunt choreographer, make up artist, and caterer

There are 30 witcher threads a day with slavs moaning about their culture being stolen. Now you will tell me that you’ve never heard of any of this because you are so based

no one will ever beat based god Harold Lloyd

Yea Forums is a spin-off board from /pol/

>from horror to sci-fi to thriller/drama
and they're all good