Why does this get so much shit? it's for kids...

Why does this get so much shit? it's for kids. Y'all accept that Spongebob and Lord of the Rings and other make believe kids shit is fine even when it's corny, why all the shit talk about Son of the Mask?

Attached: sonofthemask.jpg (1024x576, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mvDYfMYdHDk&feature=youtu.be
youtu.be/DfzThMe7bBM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>y’all

exactly, now the original was a tour de force for men

Attached: dignitary.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Faggot

Son of the Mask is the perfect piece of cinema and exemplifies cinema as an artform in a way critics were not ready for

No, it wasn't. Perhaps it was more entertaining for parents given the hidden condom and other adult humor, where Son of the Mask was limited to pure kidskino. But the just makes Son of the Mask more honest and self aware of what it's supposed to be. The Mask 1 is held as some "good movie" when it's not, it's about a le funny cartoon man making silly faces. At least The Son of the Mask knows what it's supposed to be.

I don't. The ending with the baby vs the mask dog is some tom and jerry level shit and it's actually really good cartoon antics.

>Y’all
Go back to twitter

>city slickers think it's weird to say y'all

Original mask:
>Careful consideration was placed so that Jim Carrey could be highly expressive and emote whilte in full make up

Son of Mask:
>Jamie Kennedy has a thick rubber mask with the same expression the entire film.

Also I jsut realized the Mask doesn't have ears.

It's alot deeper than you think kid. Take this historic still.
El Cubano (or its full title "Pedro el Cubano, el Rey de la Ritmo Rumba!"), a classic of 1950s Mexican cinema. Some chortle at its dated romanticism of Cuba, but the heart and passion of the music numbers is undeniable. You'll feel every chick chicky boom in your soul.
You youngsters just like new things and that's fine.

Attached: el cubano .jpg (1280x720, 105K)

>filename
kek

Fils du Mask is a national treasure, kino in every way

please stop posting

it was clearly intentional satire on american lowbrow humor, pointing out how childish adult humor truly is. It makes kids think they are adults and adults think they are kids.

No it means youre a dirty nigger

Le Masque > Le Fils du Masque

Attached: le MASQUE.jpg (1920x1080, 200K)

All of the manic cultural references in the Mask were just a blatant cashing in of the same bit in Aladdin 2 years prior. Jim Carrey's le Cuban le Oscar acceptance le gangster etc. rapid fire "impressions" and "references" were a mere shadow of Robin Williams' act and ruined the movie. Carrey should stick to le funny faces and catch phrases. He's no Williams; looking at each of their post-early 90's careers proves this.

this is some high iq quality shitposting right here

at least Carrey could make faces in his mask

yeah but williams is dead. carrey isn’t. checkmate

a man of taste, finally

kino, dubs confirm

>tfw you get no respect and Jim Carrey shamelessly rips off your rapid fire shapeshifting supernatual cultural references act
The Mask 1 should have been straight to video. At least Son of the Mask was an honest work.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x305, 1.07M)

>You've got 17.5% in T-bills amortized over the fiscal year, 8% in stocks and bonds. Carry the 9, divide by the Gross National Product... fortunately, funeral bouquets are deductible.
can someone explain this to me, i'm a zoomer who has only seen the sequel

Attached: plan fiscal.png (853x466, 322K)

I swear the genie in Aladdin did this same bit (two years prior) but I can't find an image. Hack rip-off movie.

>he still thinks it's about who does it first
ha

Attached: tumblr_p6w0hugsGX1wpamevo1_400.gif (270x290, 1.72M)

youtube.com/watch?v=mvDYfMYdHDk&feature=youtu.be

he built upon robbins work.
Son of the mask builds itself on the shit the mask took on a tuesday of 2003

fucking gamora looks like a better mask than kennedy's mask

Where did you get this picture of Daisy Ridley?

smokin

Mask and it's sequel are staple right wing kino. Normies just hate it because it's "problematic"

Attached: the mask pepe.png (434x551, 320K)

He says "I wanna know where my money is and I wanna know right now," and the gag is he's an accountant explaining his investments and taxes. Where his money disappeared to.

youtu.be/DfzThMe7bBM
Was he drunk?

>tfw these threads made me revisit malibu's most wanted to see how shit jamie kennedy was in other things
>the skinny black dude that kidnaps him wasn't key
well shit

Jamie Kennedy, stop posting your crap. You know how many sneed and feed, GoT and have sex threads we lost for your weekend masturbation threads?

What the fuck do you kiked retards say up north? Yoi'l?

For him... every day... is a no-brainer.

Attached: fart-sniffing cucklord.jpg (481x720, 38K)

Never saw this shitty movie and never will.

>Spics still don't understand that to make a successful meme it needs to be based on a film people have actually seen
See: pestposting

are you an actual moron?

can someone post the youtube link for this

no

Attached: 21.jpg (1920x1080, 1013K)