The Exorcist is so scary dude

>The Exorcist is so scary dude
Pffffffftahahahahahaha

Attached: The-Exorcist-1973-.jpg (800x450, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pOymhS1RDCY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

op is gay and shit.

It's kino but no horror movie has ever actually been scary

In the 70s this made people literally shit themselves

I once thought this movie was Horror, but now I realize. It's a COMEDY.
youtube.com/watch?v=pOymhS1RDCY

That's like saying no animal ever found a movie funny. Yes, because it depends on the individual (and their age).

A friend told me her catholic mom freaked the fuck out over it. Depends on the viewer I suppose.

Movie wasn't too bad but that fucking maze game got the hell out of me when I was 7 or 8.

Scary is subjective, I guess. You are probably afraid of spiders or handpuppets or some dumb shit. Still a great movie.

it's only scary if you're catholic

Only Christfags and rednecks. For Atheists, this was a fun laughable time at the movies.

>no horror movie has ever actually been scary

Attached: 220px-Jacobsladderposter.jpg (220x325, 11K)

>That's like saying no animal ever found a movie funny.
This comparison didn't make any sense
>Yes, because it depends on the individual (and their age)
Even as a kid I never found any horror movie scary so yeah, it's my experience but I doubt people get genuinely scared watching this stuff

Attached: 1463294129232.jpg (500x500, 60K)

dilate

Attached: 1454204052558.jpg (310x325, 16K)

>atheist tranny telling someone to dilate
funny

Not that poster but it's true, that movie only shocked Christians who recoiled when they heard "Jesus" and "fuck" in the same sentence. Pink Flamingos came out a year before The Exorcist and was much more shocking, and it was a comedy.

Absolute peak of cringe.
It doesnt matter if you are religious or not, if you can't greatly appreciate the visuals, direction and the acting (especially the Karras scenes) then you are an absolute philistine.

If you got scared by Jacob's Ladder you might not wanna look at your shadow because you'll have a cardiac arrest, retard

You'd be surprised at the amount of faggots and trannies who unironically browse /pol/. It's no surprise that mentally ill faggots would vote Trump

Did you watch it?

>discord raid
dilate

Attached: you.jpg (1000x538, 136K)

Appreciating the method and being scared by it are two different things my illiterate ami

look at all the asshurt boomer christians you riled up lmao

I found this more melancholic and lonely than frightening

I never said the effects and cinematography, and the story (From a fictional aspect) weren't good. It was a good story, but a funny story nonetheless.
>philistine
Yes, remember when Atheists constantly did this in pic related in opposition to everything they culturally disliked? No? Me either. Seethe more, puritan.

Attached: 52ec087250ff2712f79563e5d34747da.jpg (2048x1025, 304K)

I'm a shintoist you stupid retard, but that won't change the fact that atheism is autistic and cringe

>forgot his own post
You called it laughable. Clearly unable to appreciate the craft.
Based Retard

Based? Undoubtedly
Redpilled? Beyond a shadow of a doubt

this felt as if Lynch directed a popcorn movie, not scary just weird fun

I have that effect on religious pleb trash. :)

Eh, Horror movies are scary when you're 12 and it's the first time you've seen Horror movies, but after that initial shock, they're not scary.

That's not to say they aren't good, but they just stop being scary once you've seen enough.

I’ve never wanted to murder more than when half the audience laughed during a screening of the Exorcist I went to. This is a common modern phenomenon the director had observed too. I take it as a mark against the audience and not the film. It’s been parodied so much.

>Boomers found The General scary

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 17K)

>Stop living your life and obey an imaginary Jew that supposedly lived in the desert 2000 years ago.
Fuck, these people are plebs. lulz

>I'm a shintoist

Attached: 1548359464625.jpg (317x267, 12K)

My father took me to see this movie in the cinema when I was 8. Absolutely terrifying film and one of the most memorable experiences of my childhood.

That movie felt nothing like Lynch

You can appreciate the work that done behind the scenes while also finding the plot and premise funny you absolute fucking buffoon.

Watched this a couple nights ago. Not only was it not scary, it wasn't even that good desu. I was disappointed after hearing anons talk it up.

This is actually true to some extent. The only times I've been legitimately nervous when watching horror movies after the age of 13-14 is when I'm anticipating a jumpscare. And there can be value in that, of course. But when a movie builds up an eerie atmosphere successfully, I'm not scared so much as excited.

why stop at animism? why not just go full pantheism?

The Zodiac Killer thought it was "the best satirical comedy that I have ever seen."

The zodiac killer didn't exist

>no horror movie has ever actually been scary
True to some extent, but the silent film era Horror films might say otherwise as they felt less like movies, but like actual old historical footage being shot.. Although, the best time to watch them is at 12:00 - 4:00 AM.

True, with a few exceptions

The Entity
Jacob's Ladder
Candyman
Pet Semetary (the Zelda scene)
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (dread, fear)
The Grudge
Unsolved Mysteries (tv series)

But it's shocking and sad how few scary movies exist I agree.

He was correct, just like he was correct about a lot of things.
Yes, clearly it was a government, jewish conspiracy done to create panic and social divide among the U.S. citizens to distract from the upcoming terror attacks on 9/11, that easily distract from Trump inveitably getting elected in 2016. Wear some more tin-foil.

Seeing it in a huge theater without knowing anything about it, after waiting on line, is definitely hard for Zoomers to comprehend.

I think some of the retards in this thread are confused because of the use of "scary." No movie is "scary" in the sense that it will kick in your fight-or-flight response, but some can instill a sense of dread that can feel like a preamble to that f-f response.

I never considered Candyman to be scary. Just a visually amazing movie. The true scare factor was the behind the scenes with Tony Todd actually risking having real bees in his mouth.

What’s your subreddit?

The Exorcist becomes even more laughable if there are more people in the room you senile boomer.

r/Yea Forums

What's yours, since you're clearly a 2016 transplant

The urban ghost town projects of Cabrini Green have a gripping, haunting verisimilitude that perfectly supports the literally urban legend. The sound construction is masterful and completely underrated, Candyman's voice is penetrating, like a moan from an internal psyche cave. The flickering lights, the isolated journey toward the truth. It's not only a modern classic, it's one of the top 3 scary kino in existence.

ahhh yes all the reports of people laughing in the screenings of The Exorcist. you're so right my dear tranny zoomer friend

Serial killers are usually retarded like that

I love horror movies, but they're not scary at all after seeing the first couple of tricks when you're 14ish. I get genuinely scared playing the odd horror game and reading horror books.

Newfag, three deaths in the United States are attributed to the original release of The Exorcist, with another four purported in Europe. It literally has a death count. Back at the time, there was a newstory about a 7 year old girl whose teen brother sneaked them in, she was traumatized to the extent she had to stay out of middle school for half a year. Her father tried to sue the theater and the movie studio. After it happened, theaters brought on employees just to guard the entrances during showtime.

What are some actually scary movies, lads?

I meant today, coffin stuffer. People today aren't as sheltered as they were in the 70s, no matter how many soijack memes you post. Today twelve year olds can see scat fisting and decapitations with one google search, do you think they'll be shocked by make-up and dialogue that's tamer than South Park? It's laughable.

some of brakhage's stuff can freak you out if you don't know anything about him

old movies cant be scary

>whoa that scary little demon girl said cunt

SO scary!

Attached: mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3u2.jpg (453x533, 48K)

The Witch
Hereditary
Midsommar

It is heavily laden with satire. Brainlets in this thread won't be able to see the subtle humor in it.

>he fell for studio marketing
what an absolute retard and also,
>7 year old girl
>middle-school
you can't even get your fake stories right

This has got to be bait.

t. born yesterday

Name a better horror film in the last 5 years.

This. Obviously they're scary when you're a kid and young teen, but in your 20s I don't think it's physically possible to be scared by a movie in that way.

Any silent horror recommendations?

Annabelle Comes Home

and you accuse me of baiting? fuck off

Just popping by this thread to say

Yikes

Attached: 56877967969766.png (1203x921, 974K)

wtf are you like 60 years old

Maddeas Big Nigger House 5

Jump scares are the only thing that's scary

Of course it's terrifying when you're 8. I saw Aladdin when I was 8 and thought the tiger head was scary.

It's not scary it's kino

sounds like you're a fucking pussy

It's not kino it's scary

Cocksucker

>Only Christfags and rednecks. For Atheists, this was a fun laughable time at the movies

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 9.48.33 PM.png (548x620, 258K)

Any comfy horror kinos on netflix?

it was a different time

>I'm not scared so much as excited.
thats right, rather disgusted or being so excited it makes your skin crawl

Does anyone else think that this demon looks like Christopher Walken?