F

indiewire.com/2019/07/amazon-cancels-too-old-to-die-young-romanoffs-patriot-1202161477/

F

Attached: patriot_xxlg.jpg (2025x3000, 1.76M)

>0 replies
holy shit. did Amazon ever even attempt to promote this show?

the first season was stellar. also amazon never promotes its shows

Nope.

>huur duur nobody post in my thread 3 minutes later I did it
fuck off and die you fucking faggot

OH NONONONONOONON
GET DABBED ON REFHACK

Wasn't TOTDY supposed to be a miniseries?

I'm not even OP, you faggot

First season was great. Second season was awful, too much «sillyness» and inconsistencies. And I'm not even talking about how absurd it looked from a european audience point of view, don't want to trigger mutts dont have time

No man no. Still i don't want this series to go mainstream

I enjoyed Patriot for the most part, it was a little too depressing for me but worth a watch.

How the fuck does Goliath get a third season and this doesn't?

‘Patriot’ was great, but the second season took forever to get made after the first, so there wasn’t exactly an expectation of more seasons any time soon.
‘Too Old to Die Young’ was basically released on Amazon, but hidden by them. I was waiting for it to be released, and though it had gotten delayed because new Prime shows usually wind up displayed at the top of the Prime video app, or in the Newly added shows section etc. I actually had to search for the show by name to find it on Amazon, so it looks like Amazon intentionally tried to bury it.
‘The Romanovs’ was inconsistent.
I didn’t really like the premise, and unless I missed the point, such as a retelling of actual historical accounts of real Romanovs, but in a modern setting or something, the show just sort of sucked.

And Transparent...

Patriot was Kino, but I suspect the audience was more niche, and Amazon took forever to make a second season, so maybe the show runner wanted out.

Goliath stars Billy Bob, and has had an excellent cast.
Goliath also trnsitioned from the first season, to a second season with a Mexican/Latino plot, which can be continued going forward.
I suspect that the Mexican subplot appeals to a Latino audience, with the Billy Bob and lawyers office appeals to a white audience, giving a larger overall viewership to the show.
The Mexican plot can be expanded on in future because of the way it was written.
‘Too Old to ....’ also had a Major Hispanic section to the plot, so Amazon is likely looking for that type of show to appeal to certain demographics, but obviously Amazon diesn’t want to continue with ‘Too Old...’
Amazon should probably pirchase a few more Brittish Mystery series, but maybe they get into a bidding war with Acorn over those.

Does Transparent have any redeeming qualities.
I tried watching it, but found it less morally redeeming than ‘Euphoria’

It was too good to live. RIP in Peace with Terriers, Deadwood and Rubicon.

No.

Perpetual Grace LTD is made with a lot of the same cast and I'm pretty sure most of the writing crew as Patriot, but I haven't watched it yet so I'm unsure of the quality.

Disclaimer: I am not being contrarian. I watched a few episodes of Patriot because I mentioned I liked Barry a lot and an user gave me the rec for Patriot.

It left me cold, it was really forgettable. No real emotion from anyone except maybe the bald former cocaine addict boss of his. Barry is a bit of an autist but Patriot guy was just a snorefest robot. The only character that was fun was his coworker who kept trying to learn more about his secret government job.
He plays acoustic guitar in public like a douche OK and...?

What do people see in this show? FFS Killing Eve season 1 was better.

BEZOSED

I believe when you came here you actually mistyped “reddit” in your browser.
Please correct your mistake.
Thank You.

reddit.org only leads to nudes of your mom, how about that

>Patriot
F for season 1 but S for season 2

>While Salke said she did not expect to pick up another installment of the limited series, the two maintain a good relationship and Amazon took Refn’s core audience into consideration when marketing the show. A reporter asked why he didn’t see the series on Amazon Prime’s homepage the week of release, to which Salke said, “We really made our push with our resources for it in Europe,” where Refn has a stronger fanbase.
pipe up euros, is this true? is refn huge over there?

Rarely promotes. The only last big promotion I've seen was The Grand Tour.

So Amazon is scared that they’ll get backlash for burying Refn’s Amazon series?

Bezos' Boys are learning that bankrolling series from auteurs is risky and likely to lose them monies, a real shame for their future content. expect more capeshit, The Boys got s2 confirmed before it even released

It's great.

I'm really sad that we don't get season 3, but season 2 concludes the series well I suppose
;_;

Attached: mpv-shot0004.jpg (720x360, 23K)

>Amazon ever even attempt to promote this show?

Amazon doesn't even promote their own fucking service. It feels like most prime members don't even know they have access to streaming because they got it for the 2day shipping, and Amazon has done shit all to let people know. It blows my mind.

Attached: Patriot.Titles.png (959x1333, 2.36M)

the only show i ever see any promos for is jack ryan