Why is Pirates of the Carribean 5 rated so much lower than 4?

Why is Pirates of the Carribean 5 rated so much lower than 4?
The movie series was never anything inspiring, it was always primarily dumb action fun. And while 5 excels at the "dumb" part, delivering dick, ass, poop and weed jokes every other minute, and having little coherent storytelling, it has a billion times more fun action than movie 4, which was a soul-crushing boring ride of 0 humor, 0 adventure and 0 interesting characters.

Attached: pocposter.png (500x741, 851K)

Because people got bored of the pirates gimmick.

YAG

YAG

YAG

YAG

YUCK ASPARAGUS

YAG

yagsbarro...

Attached: got arya.jpg (900x1200, 493K)

the next movie should end with Barbossa inexplicably coming into the room and eating his daughter

Attached: index.jpg (275x183, 7K)

YAGSBARO

Didnt watch it yet given the poor synopsis.
Still, fourth one sucked but it had Cruz and McShane

the plot of the movie is complete gibberish. An absolute nonsense.
It's a film that you can only enjoy if you're stoned - on which note, the movie makes a LOL WEED joke at lest twice - or 100% turn off your brain.
However, this is more than I can say for the fourth one, which was both badly written and boring.

They peaked with 3. It was all downhill when Verbinski left

>The movie series was never anything inspiring

The first movie is unironically one of the best movies ever made IMO.

What didnt you like about the fourth one?

Did you not*

3 was the last one they should have made. 1 was kino, two took it as far as it'd readily go. Three was a drawn out slog of a thing you either got behind because it was worldbuilding and ending, or not.
4 and 5 are interchangeable as things that should not have been done
>YAG ASPEARIUGO

5 is so shit it makes 4 look like 1. Easily one of the worst movies I've seen this decade.

The plot was nonsensical even for a pirates movie.

I mean really, destroying Poseidon’s Trident ends every sea curse because....just because?
It is like they were too lazy to say “We need to get the mighty trident so we can use it’s power to undo our separate curse problems” and just said “Fuck it. Breaking the Trident fixes everything because Magic or whatever. Who cares, China will eat this up anyway.”

It just feels so lazy. They could have replaced the Trident with anything else and it still would be lazy.
>We need to destroy the Magic Crystal Ball of Ursula the Sea Witch and everyone’s problems will be fixed bla bla bla
It is like even the people making the film didn’t give a shit.

Just because you like unfunny forced Yea Forums memes doesn’t mean a movie is good, OP.
/thread

I'm a sucker for period films, but to be honest every film past the second was awful, and only the first one was actually great. But I really love the lore behind Davy Jones and the Kraken.

YAG SBARRO

Attached: YAG SBARRO.jpg (942x933, 248K)

>All those virgins on Yea Forums who were fooled by the main chick's push-up bra

Attached: Bill Hader laugh.gif (163x200, 253K)

EAYAUWG SPAHROUW

Monsters were pretty cool looking. Unfortunately, Jack Sparrow had completely no reason to be in this movie and instead of being the charming rapscallion with a plan who's just playing a clown, he was written as a bumbling idiot who gets by via luck.

Rest of the characters were pretty bad as well. Salazar was okay tho.

Serious answer:

Absolutely retarded writing, it feels like a straight-to-video or Chinese knockoff of Pirates. The dialogue is laughably bad, the plot makes no sense, the villain and magic artifact made no sense.
It's basically 2 hours of Jack Sparrow acting like a clown while Javier says YAGUH SBAROOO every time he appears
The trident was worth it solely because Salazar did that fucking Dark Souls AOE slam with it and it was supposed to be super epic but just looked hilariously goofy

YAGGSPARROOW

Attached: captsalazar_1024x1024.jpg (942x933, 160K)

YAG posters >sneed and mask fags