Why is this shit so overrated?

Why is this shit so overrated?

It's like Rocky 1 but too long, an uncharismatic protagonist with a shitty motivation, an inferior love story and music that makes your ears bleed. And to top that, the antagonist was basically a non-character besides the goofy scottish accent which made the final fight uninteresting. Sly is the only thing preventing it from being Rocky V bad

Attached: creed-232228847-large.jpg (800x1186, 100K)

Creed more like

Sneed

it was good and the dude was english not scottish, stop being retarded on purpose.

Wanna know how I know you're from /pol/?

Because your opinion is absolutely retarded.

>REEEE /POL/

Attached: 1547001750117.jpg (1050x741, 159K)

formerly cruck

He's not wrong, though. It's a mediocre movie, at best.

Non arguments and ad-hominen.

It's a watered down Rocky 1 with some elements stolen from Rocky V and Rocky Balboa.

He is wrong, as are you.

>non argument

Lol imagine wasting time giving 'arguments' to /pol/tards.

Nigger

Attached: Spoiler4352543543254323542543.png (800x1186, 960K)

>goofy scottish accent
>he's english
>NOT AN ARGUMENT

top kek lad

>imagine thinking someone dislikes a movie because of a black guy so you go ahead and defend the movie giving non arguments because it has a black guy

It's objectively not as good as Rocky 1, 2, or Balboa and definitely not fucking 20% on RT better.

It's just current year so it gets a bump for starring a black person.

WOOOO RACK EM

I'm still trying to figure out how Drago wasn't the protagonist of Creed II. He was more sympathetic, he had the stronger arc, he was the stronger character. There was literally no reason to want Creed to win.

Chucky Balboa

Black person here.

You think you'd expect this bum to actually master his art of boxing, but in Both episode 1 & 2 he uses the same, blind, street fighting boxing style, having zero defense. Ok it worked on episode 1 but against Drago it's Fucking ridiculous:
>First match
>Ok Use Episode 1 Boxing style, won witth that so it might work Das Rite?
>Visibly it's not the same whack opponent, taller, bigger, more endurance, and HIT HARDER
>Get fucked up
>Ok i'mma go train
>Rematch
>You'd think he learned his lessons and adopt a new style to surprise the opponent
>Use the same Low IQ boxing from match 1 and episode 1
>…?
>((((movie script)))
>Somehow win.

At least in Rocky, you can see Balboa using various strategy against ALL his opponents. Creed is like, fuck it imma throw punch until he falls. Zero defense.

Attached: Drago.jpg (1918x800, 462K)

Also this. Adonis was just being an arrogant cunt wanting to accomplish some selfish W

he lost in the first movie dummy. in the second one he lost to drago because drago has the reach but he wins the second fight because rocky tells him to go to the inside and keep dragos reach advantage away

to avenge his fathers death

>but he wins the second fight because rocky tells him to go to the inside and keep dragos reach advantage away

Wtf are you talking about? Are you blind? This motherfucker used the same all out tactic as Match1. He Barely listened to Rocky.

By beating someone that has nothing to do with his fathers murder to begin with? Fucking retarded. How about Drago who completely had to rebrand his name as his father became laughing stock in Russia and dishonored?

No, that is what he originally made it out to be and he got his ass kicked. Creed's whole arc was that he was doing it for himself, which was what he should've been doing it for to begin with or something. Even this doesn't deliver a satisfying conclusion because that is pretty much what Creed I was about and also Viktor didn't have anything to do with Apollo's death and Adonis didn't even fucking know his father. Both routes aren't satisfying.

And they especially aren't satisfying when Viktor Drago had such a compelling reason to win over Adonis. He was fighting because of his father's shame, for his family name, and when he realized all the people who considered his family shameful were hacks he just wanted to do it for himself and his father. It was a sob story, and a damn good one. I watched the movie with a black girl and she left confused asking why the fuck Viktor was so well thought-out and Adonis, the "main character", was basically just shoehorned in to the fight.

The only way I will give Creed II the kino title that most of these other movies have is if this was all an elaborate way of setting up Drago movies in the future. I highly doubt they'd do something so balsy since Drago is Russian and also it'd probably involve him stomping Adonis in his first movie, but man it'd be great. He's way too developed not to do it, and they kind of set it up by showing Viktor and his dad training on as usual at the end. I want to see this so fucking bad.

Well Ivan was making the whole thing a revenge against Rocky for beating him in moscow so it was Ivan's fault for making Adonis get into that mindset. Ivan made it all about his fathers murder

cringe

ivan was just as selfish using his son to destroy rockys prodige so its pretty much the same as adonis wanting to fight viktor to get revenge you dumb shit

there's a deleted scene that shows that the dragos and rocky and adonis are all chill now so I don't think they'd be fighting each other in another movie

the early creed 2 story was supposed to be adonis fighting clubber langs son but they scrapped it for drago instead. i get the fact that everyone felt bad for viktor and how his dad used him and all he ever wanted was hos dads love

Deleted scenes are always up for grabs as far as canon goes. They might very well have deleted it in post because they saw the potential of making Drago movies depending on how well received he was.

Its not even just that, Creed II was unsatisfying as a stand-alone movie. Adonis was not a supportable protagonist. Everyone that I have spoken to about this movie says they wanted to see Drago win. Drago isn't the fucking protagonist, so that is a problem from a storytelling perspective.

Look at the avengers movies. There are Thanos sympathizers, and also avengers sympathizers. Either side is not entirely wrong. That is storytelling done well. But if nothing else, you can't have the antagonist be the sympathetic one where almost all viewers wanted to see him win. That means you've fucked up.

Rocky was a real underdog, past his prime, doing shitty jobs to make ends meet, living in a shit one room apartment in a shit neighborhood. Creed is literally a rich stockbroker who beats up poor people to make himself feel better.

Grow Crop

This. Adonis had everything, if he lost it would mean nothing and he'd go back to a well paying job. Rocky had to prove he wasn't a bum, not just to others, but himself.

Yeah it's garbage. I still don't know why so many people jizzed themselves over it.

rocky was never a great fighter though. its even mentioned in 3 that mick was picking fighters he knew rocky could beat. mick always knew he was a bum

it was never about viktor but his father holding a grudge so fuck off with the whole viktor shit

creed was a foster kid he was never born into being rich

Boohoo he was a foster kid for a while until the rich wife of his biological dad adopted him. Don't act like he's on pair with Rocky from the first film.

he never was hes a creed not a balboa

That's why he's bland, uninteresting and doesn't make for a good sports movie protagonist

>Tony Bellew as main antagonist

couldn't take it seriously desu

>rocky was never a great fighter though
maybe not in 1 and 2 but in 3 and 4 he went super saiyan and was definitely the best in the world

That's why they should have taken a different route from Rocky. He should have won the fight instead of losing by decision.

>it was never about viktor
It was literally all about him in the end. His father used the whole "I killed your dad" thing just to get Adonis in the ring. Viktor's entire arc was wanting to bring honor back to his family, but in the end he realized how shit the people who looked down on him were (including his mom) and he said fuck you guys I'm doing this for me and my dad. That is why the end with him losing and jogging with his father is so powerful.

then go make a viktor drago movie you dumb shit

Cool, so you lost the argument you fucking faggot. Fuck out of my thread.

Protagonist is shitty and unlikeable while the antagonist is sympathetic and well developed.