What's some of the best and worst armor you've seen in movies/TV?

What's some of the best and worst armor you've seen in movies/TV?

Attached: D7n0qkGV4AAdmv9.jpg (1200x729, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rKYs-8jgwYA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The other armor in the show looks good so why does the Nilfgaardian armor looks so terrible?

The Tudors was alright.

Attached: henry cavill the tudors-3.jpg (2000x1333, 469K)

>can't see
>can barely move
>takes 45 minutes to put on
>easy to trip on skirt

Attached: 11659406-3674550922481278.jpg (1491x1491, 107K)

Is it true they decided to make it this way so it looks like a scrotum?

Not that realistic but armor from Excalibur looks great.

Specifically a scrotum after you've been in the pool for a while.

Attached: Excalibur-3.webm (700x394, 2.95M)

I don't know why, but the first thing that came to mind was Iron Man's armor in his first - and only the first - movie.
I just like all this cool details and textures, like dirt and scratches. It also has weight to it and looks like something, that could potentially work out in semi-real world.
And Nilf from OP's pic is gotta be the worst.

Attached: iron-man-1.jpg (780x479, 82K)

Attached: Henry VIII armour3.jpg (3198x1311, 788K)

this is what happens when you have female, feminist writers, you get literal dickhead ball sack armor troops for the oppressive bad guys
>subverted

patriarchy, the other army isn't Redania it's Cintra which is led by a woman obliviously, so they get to look cool.

this shit is why mercenaries replaced nobles on the battlefield, even with all the advantages the latter had
well, I guess they still showed up on their horses to ride around and shit

>best and worst armor
Both in GoT.

Attached: quality armor.jpg (1696x3198, 2.43M)

I liked it.

Attached: Finn Jones-2.jpg (2832x4256, 1.02M)

Met 19.131.1 > Met 32.130.7 > RA II.6 > RA II.8 > RA II.5 > RA II.7

is that the nigga from Monty Python bottom left

Why did you compare Jaime and Jaime? I see they're different, but not to the point of one of them being the best and another the worst

See, when Mace Tyrell showed up in it, I thought it was because he was an old, rich fool. It wasn't meant for battle. Then all of the Tyrell bannermen showed up in the same shit.. talk about lazy work

>not putting RA II.8 first
spoken like a true dicklet.

Sauce?

>some of the best
Early Seasons of Game of Thrones
>some of the worst
Later Seasons of Game of Thrones

Attached: S1 vs S7.png (1178x724, 1.63M)

1981 Excalibur film.

Gods GoT was strong then..

d&d are so pathetic it almost makes me angry

It still showcases a drop in quality, though not as severe because they knew his nu-kingsguard armor would be worn for more than one scene

THEY ARE ADAPTING THE FUCKING BOOKS YOU FUCKING INCEL NAZI PIECE OF SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Why did they ditch this look?

shhhhh...only tears now

Attached: 1478286264339.gif (245x200, 1.29M)

Armour is for nerds.

Attached: arnie conan.webm (1280x544, 2.39M)

>Based

i've been a stunt rider in a few movies. most of the armor is cheap plastic garbage or garbage made of cheap metal. they only use fancy stuff for detailed shots and usually it is borrowed/rented

it's literally scrotum armor with a penis helmet

How can I get a job like that? Seems really enjoyable.

based

the visual artist died somewhere around s2 iirc. thats why the style changed so drastically

Conan wore armour though

Outlaw King had pretty good costuming

Attached: E7544FF4-C535-4538-9E40-35ADFE9A111A.jpg (2000x1000, 205K)

Attached: 5548EC30-A383-4DF0-906B-18E722DB073B.jpg (423x604, 53K)

Wanna expose netflix shills? post the original Yea Forums leaker image, watch as the replies tries to damage control instantly.

Why would it take so long to put on? Just fasten greaves, slip into the robe, put on breastplate, attach shoulder guards to breastplate, (strap on bracers, if they are not part of the shoulders) and put on a helmet. Only the breastplate and shoulders may need assistance if at all. They probably have some kind of wall droid for that.
My problem would rather be that it looks like cheap red plastic and we never get to learn what it is made of anyway. So it is just saccharine window dressing. But that is star wars for you.

Attached: steeloneal1.jpg (400x600, 75K)

I wonder how extras fell nowadays
>ok guys, now it's the part all the evil=white empire guys die to the multicultural team of misfits
>for the 20th time

because that was made by paramount who are on another league when it comes to cgi, also the armor was more practical and wasn't full cgi.
Then disney takes the helm and rdj becomes more of a diva and wants a cgi suit instead and gives the plain palette of colors that all mcu films have

GODS I WAS THIN THEN.

and yet the best part of the movie.
man the last jedi was a train wreck

wtf were they thinking with that zombie mountain armor?

Attached: 1499413482995.jpg (500x375, 56K)

They were simple but I really liked the various armours/outfits in Kingdom of Heaven.

As for worst, to pick something not already in the thread I always thought the Riddick necromongers looked dumb. Didn't spoil the movie though.

Attached: KOH.jpg (474x316, 23K)

fuck if I know

Attached: logic.jpg (800x800, 43K)

Best probably Excalibur or Flesh + Blood
Man, Cavill Tudor looks better than Witcher Cavill.

The Messenger (that movie about Joan of Arc) pretty decent looking armor.
The worst are probably that Camelot film with Sean Connery. Also Lionel Ritchie's King Arthur. Leather armor? Really?
Both of Loras' kits (when he jousts the Mountain and as Renly's bodylover) are hands down the best armor ever depicted on camera. It's both beautiful and realistic (they rented it from a real armourer iirc). No dumb leather parts, no woolen "chainmail" or dumb bullshit.
Excalibur is mostly alright, with a few exceptions, like Arthur's black armor, or some oddly proportioned shoulder pieces with spikes on them.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

>Excalibur is mostly alright, with a few exceptions, like Arthur's black armor, or some oddly proportioned shoulder pieces with spikes on them.

It's basically a stage play set on location, and is very theatrical and over the top.

Attached: captain picard, richard bucket and julius caesar in excalibur.webm (800x450, 2.97M)

>stage play
More like the script perfectly captures the grandiose tone and the naive stupidity of the Arthur mythos and Chivalric fiction in general, which do make for an appropriate stage play.

convert incel

Attached: 4579538-agicxk_kxqeel.jpg (1200x797, 158K)

OH NONONONO-

Attached: bb73deaa_3f1d_4399_9539_ba84dc50dcc9.0.png (1200x800, 1.07M)

youtube.com/watch?v=rKYs-8jgwYA

... what ?

Attached: CSWPeR0WEAI2TbM.jpg (1200x675, 156K)

>Also Lionel Ritchie's King Arthur. Leather armor? Really?

You mean Guy Ritchie surely lmao. 10/10 soundtrack attached to a 6/10 bonkers film.

Attached: king arthur-3.webm (1024x426, 2.9M)

Robin Hood 2018

Attached: robinhood.jpg (1280x800, 122K)

Attached: E42B77D8-3D95-4B5D-A5AA-7236C1C5F487.jpg (1280x1707, 220K)

What's so hard to comprehend?
>*The messenger had
Also, there was a time when using elipsis in your post would alert everyone you were a fucking newfag.
Yeah, Guy Ritchie, lol. The OST is okay.

Looks like yummy chocolate

Attached: stop.gif (498x278, 922K)

Just dropping by anons , Just checking in.

Attached: classic.jpg (1000x563, 387K)

Scrotum armor, penis helmet. What did these jewish feminist women mean by this?

>just checking in on random Yea Forums threads
This is classic Paul Dano

remove the skirt and it;s alright

Yeah it actually looked pretty medieval, as opposed to all the sexy TV shows with their archaic biker gear.

Attached: Portrait of Aymer de Valence, Earl of Pembroke, A.D. 1315.jpg (1066x1343, 141K)

so fucking aesthetic

GoT really became one of those shitty late 00s - early 10s, edgy, sexy shows with nothing but 'cool' one-liners and absolutely atrocious costumes

I can here the music in my head while I watch the webm. One of my favorite scenes