I know this has been discussed to death but this is more of a quick question

I know this has been discussed to death but this is more of a quick question.

What was the problem with the symbolism these movies were so criticized for? was it sloppily put together and didnt work or was it too pretentious?

Attached: images (1).jpg (487x302, 18K)

It was entry-level.

It made soibois uncomfortable bc they are faggots

>Neil deGrasse Tyson saying Superman isn't a Jesus figure in BvS, just a guy trying to do the right thing
>is clearly made out to be a Jesus figure in Man of Steel and BvS

What did they mean by this?

Let's talk about his awful it would be if Henry raped us instead.

Attached: 1563553553045.jpg (1080x1080, 205K)

Psalm 14:1

Zach btfo of basketball science guy

>that sign
wtf Henry?

People didn't get it so they pretend it's bad

both
if you want to imbue the scenes from your movie with significance and meaning, it helps not to have blatant product placement and advertising shots

Attached: lead_720_405.png (720x405, 259K)

How old do you think the girl on the right is? Check out those little tits starting to bud.

I hated BvS on my first viewing but now think it's actually not a bad movie and even deserves credit for pushing the boundaries of cape movies.

What went right, /tv??

>was it sloppily put together and didnt work or was it too pretentious?
Both.
It was so heavy handed and so overly artistic that it was just a wank fest of how smart he was as a director. It forgot about telling a story and was just more about conjoining scenes to wank itself off again about how awesome the visuals and imagery were.

Eat poison now before you get shanked in prison.

No.

What a mess of a movie.

The storyline's a mess, and we're given zero reasons to really give a shit about Batman OR Superman in the context of this narrative making the titular fight (which is anticlimactic as it is ill-timed) all the more pointless. The narrative as a whole really isn't driven by the feud between Batman and Superman either. The only performance that really stood out was Eisenberg's as Lex Luthor which I don't mean as a comment in his favor.

When capeshit tries to be 2DEEP4U it just fails. I find it interesting how many parallels Snyder tried to make between Superman and Jesus (both through imagery and subtext), considering a line in the movie about Superman "not being a devil or Jesus character[,]... just a guy trying to do the right thing" had me believing the shitposts were just that. I hate it when Yea Forums is right, this is a shit movie.

Both, coupled with movie being incompetent.

What's his problem?

Attached: Enola Holmes.jpg (792x792, 82K)

Tell that to Zod's snapped neck.

>People didn't get it so they pretend it's good
t.you

correct

>People didn't get it so they pretend it's bad

Attached: Screenshot_20190726-094238.png (1920x1080, 948K)

What's yours?

Exactly. Given that you think it was about christianity. The super planet literally was structured around the Platonic Republic while the Übermensch (Superman) represented following your own purpose. That's why the first half is him working salt of the earth jobs and with family.
It ponders what is worth living for if we are free to do what we want. The christian symbolism in that is just a piece in the puzzle

symbolism don't make a movie

Look up the term "hamfisted"

If this was a Marvel movie you'd deny all of that.

Congrats though on making the most Reddit post of all time.

>waaaah why don't you say nice things about Marvel. Y-YOU'RE reddit.
Oh sweety