JOKER IN VENICE:

>WB wanted it to screen out of competition like "A Star Is Born” last year because they wanted to be in a more protected situation
>Todd Philipps said: “I don’t care if I run the risk of not winning. Why shouldn’t I go in competition when I know what we’ve I’ve got on our hands?”
IS HE AN ACTUAL MADMAN?

Attached: first-joker-trailer-has-been-released-01.jpg (1200x601, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2019/film/festivals/venice-film-festival-alberto-barbera-gender-parity-netflix-roman-polanski-hollywood-1203279528/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Someone’s got a great pr agent and marketing team

Alberto Barbera:
>"I have to say, Warners was convinced pretty rapidly, because it’s a really surprising film. It’s the most surprising film we’ve got this year…This one’s going straight to the Oscars even though it’s gritty, dark, violent. It has amazing ambition and scope"

>DC director is a fucking moron
that's not really that surprising

>times when Todd Philipps acted like the Joker

when there are clouds...

He is Melvin brother of the joker actually

Well he is confident. We will see how confident he will be after the premiere.

I don't understand.

What's not to understand?

in competition there is big possibility that critics will slander this movie especially in prestigious movie festival like Venice when Joker competitors are art house movies.

he goes by jocular

Is Todd ...a gamer ?

Wait so they think they have a shot at winning the golden lion? These people are fucked. Film Twitter is already at work harpooning this movie, saying it’s an insult to include it in competition. People already have their mind made up. It’s going to hover around a 60-65 Metacritic and be a crowd pleaser with general audiences. A run of the mill origin story bolstered by a great performance.

>we’ve I’ve
Nice source.

Attached: Screenshot_20190725-230428.jpg (1080x1754, 209K)

>they think they have a shot at winning the golden lion
I think they are not that stupid, they are doing it because of Joaquins performance, want some Volpi Cup for him i guess

>Twitter is already at work harpooning this movie

Internet people, they are as important and useful as a fart in a hurricane. Let those vermins complain on social networks, wjile real film enthusiast take care of quality. I trust Barbera more than a million "internet users".

Martel is the head of jury she probably won't give it to Joker.

>probably
There is still a chance tho if his acting is a top point

I mean film critics on twitter are already scoffing at its inclusion at Venice. I’m not saying that their opinion is anymore important than internet people, I’m saying that it’s basically guaranteed this movie will be panned by a good amount of critics and industry people.

Then you're an idiot. A consensus in the community decides how a movie is received, not a single critic saying it's good. If movie critics on Twitter are all together shitting on it, they will convince each other that it's shit and tell audiences as much when the movie finally comes out. It'll flop critically and be successful financially.

>Film Twitter
good lord woman

Its gonna be really fucking embarrassing if this turns out to be batman v superman all over again.

>It has amazing ambition and scope
What does this even mean? How can a movie has an ambition if it’s already finished?

It's going to be kino and you know it

Well Martel has quite highbrow taste, she was in Cannes 2006 jury and complained about winners. Her favourite was Colossal Youth which is not a very accessible and audience friendly film.

>movie buff bloggers who call themselves critics already made up their mind by just reading the script as if a script (that is always changed) is the whole film
so why should I care?

>complain that people are making up their minds before seeing the film
>do the same but in the opposite direction

What film critics? Here in Europe they seem to be mostly curious about it...

>Then you're an idiot.

Then you're an insignificant faggot who never set foot near a film festival.

I trust the guy that runs Venice, who said this movie will be nominated for Oscars, over random MCU shill bloggers.

twitter critics

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

They don’t want a cup, or the judges to praise them, they want the crowd to praise them at the festival itself. They want their specific attention and respect. Not all the people at those things are marvel cucks or reddit fags. If it’s quality enough then, even though it’s controversial and non-pc, they’re likely to praise it.

That’s a lot of good publicity from high places, and only a month before it officially releases. A fucking trophy shouldn’t matter for shit, strategically. They just need to get the name out so people will hear about it.

Attached: 97FDE6F3-E382-4395-85BE-7B0CE95A3D26.png (1321x900, 2.13M)

Exactly. Absolutely worthless people.

In a film festival half of the films are slandered. Who cares?
What it matters is that the movie is talked about in a certain context.

>they want the crowd to praise them at the festival itself
Then they could agree to screen it out of competition, because attention would still be there

They want Joaquin to get the Volpi Cup. I can see it happening because he already won one for The Master.

Hey, might as well try their hand at winning. A trophy might not be neccesary but it’d help.

Attached: 88AB8AA8-8F37-4BFE-B994-D7C844C8D859.png (1173x900, 1.63M)

But if Venice jury will say that Joker is bad then they will lost a lot of potential viewers and will earn a bad RT MONTH before the oficcial release. Are they that stupid?

Twitter=Disneymoms
They are trying to sink the film so as to scare leftist film "critics"

Perhaps they are not cowards

Pure
Kino

So it means that they actually WANT some awards and believe that they can compete for something, otherwise they would agree to screen out of competition

The critics at Venice won't be MCU shill bloggers. WB would not allow this if they weren't confident. Also, the high praise from Alberto Barbera is a great sign.

>WB would not allow this if they weren't confident
>WB wanted it to screen out of competition like "A Star Is Born” last year because they wanted to be in a more protected situation
WB is not confident at all

Marvelfags are SEETHING

Attached: Joker.jpg (841x748, 169K)

They would have told Phillips no if they thought it was bad. WB have faith in him and the movie or it would be in the non-competing screenings. Honestly, them bringing it to festivals at all is a good sign.

But Barbera is. This movie might not be great, but it will definitely be interesting and worthy of attention. European film critics and connoisseurs are way, way less plebeian than their american colleagues.

>best achievement in makeup and hairstyling
Ha hahaha hahaha

Barbera will shill any movie that's in competition, the talks of festival directors are really not something that an opinion should be based on.
>European film critics and connoisseurs are way, way less plebeian than their american colleagues.
This might be a problem, i feel like if the movie premiered at TIFF americans would eat it up. Now the European highbrow might massacre the film.

I think it’s a lot more to do with how risky it is. I’ve used to think WB would try to be some knock-off Disney, but this is a gigantic leap of faith for them going forward. So even if it’s amazing or not, they’re probably trying to play this one carefully, not pitting it against crowd-pleasers like ‘A Star is Born’.

>They would have told Phillips no if they thought it was bad
Then why they didnt say no to Suicide squad? Or Justice League? WB simply doesnt know if their product is good or bad, they are brainlets

I have the feeling WB will try screening WW84 in Cannes next year

They also didn't try to screen those at prestigious festivals and put review embargos on them. They knew those movies were bad.

unlike you, clearly
none of those movies went to festivals, retard. they were released because releasing a bad movie is still more profitable than not releasing it. and suicide squad made a lot of money.

Yes, and Endgame will win The best picture this year

The fact is that we're not talking about a $200 millions blockbuster. It's a relatively small "arthouse" picture, to capeshit standards. A film festival like Venice is the perfect place to premiere it.

The problem is that film critics already said that this movie is "problematic", so european critics in Venice will trash it even more

I don't think so, if the film is good it will be a good decision but still if it's really too derivative of Scorsese and simplistic i don't think that European critics will eat it up. Still the film will make money since Joker is so popular.

No respectable critics said that. Just shill bloggers that think Endgame is the best movie ever.

Barbera is actually fucking based and he is choosing movies on artistic meric, the movies WHICH he thinks are worth to be in the competition. Imagine american festival picking Polanski? Barbera picked him, because he think the movie he made is great... Im actually happy, i hope it will be Polanski magnum opus at the end of his life, his last good film is The Ghost Writer.

variety.com/2019/film/festivals/venice-film-festival-alberto-barbera-gender-parity-netflix-roman-polanski-hollywood-1203279528/ good interview with Barbera

>The problem is that film critics already said that this movie is "problematic"

That's why the premiere will be in Venice, not in a stupid PC festival like Cannes has become in the last years.

Euro critics will love it.

>critics said
Empty words carry no weight. They are paid to give contextual support of a marketing strategy; if the strategy changes, so their opinions will change
>european critics
why would they care about american opinions? Also the critics' opinion and the jury's opinion are usually different

No, even critics who are supporting DC and praicing Birds of Prey said that the Joker script "have problems"

Out of competition is not a problem. Plenty of blockbusters go toi Cannes.
In Competition never ever. Thierry wouldnt approve it.

They're only supporting Birds of Prey because of the women cast and making Black Mask gay. Those people have an agenda and purposely ignored Joker's positive test screenings even though they won't shut up about Birds of Prey. That movie will be garbage.

I do agree that he is based about Polanski. I have already read it. The fact about him still remains that he wants Oscar heavy lineup, he wants Venice to be a fall platform for Oscar pictures. Each year there are some duds in competition so we will see. Peterloo, Sunset were rejected by Cannes last year for example and then accepted by him. Peterloo is not great.
>Euro critics will love it.
I don't think they loved A Star is Born as much as american critics. That was another WB Venice release.

I still cant understand how fucking Todd Phillips snuck IN COMPETITION with capeshit. This is just crazy. Did he suck jury's cocks or what?

they're going to release it in 70mm and everything, out of competition is definitely a possibility if they want
Shrek III was screened in Cannes

>t. Alberto Barbera

>he is choosing movies on artistic meric, the movies WHICH he thinks are worth to be in the competition
This is not the case all the time, there are lot of negotiations between producers and festival. For example producer of Elle said that he will put in competition in Cannes under the condition that also his another film will go in competition too (Aquarius). There is lot of this shit during festivals.

Why are so many people desperate to shit on this movie before seeing it? I have never seen so much unearned hostility towards a movie before release.

Sonic will win Palme d'Or in Cannes next year and also Best Actor award

When the FUCK are they going to bring back Hey, Arnold? Not just a one-off movie about going to the jungle, I mean REALLY bringing it back

What the fuck is film Twitter

MCU shills

>it’s a really surprising film. It’s the most surprising film we’ve got this year
He can mean it as a bad thing also. "Surprising" isnt equal "good"

>I have never seen so much unearned hostility towards a movie before release.
clearly you haven't followed the anticipation of any DC film

Honestly, I’m fine with it dead. It had a good run, trying to revive it would rob it of it’s soul. That’s what I thought of TJM, at least. Because twitter is just a proxy tumblr user, we’ve been over this.

Attached: B543F507-7D2E-4C5A-A51B-24FE9965568A.png (1318x900, 2.34M)

In that same sentence he said the movie will be nominated for Oscars: "I have to say, Warners was convinced pretty rapidly, because it’s a really surprising film. It’s the most surprising film we’ve got this year…This one’s going straight to the Oscars even though it’s gritty, dark, violent. It has amazing ambition and scope."

More like SJWs and woke people.

>Film Twitter is already at work harpooning this movie, saying it’s an insult to include it in competition.
I hope it wins

Attached: 1544775541922.jpg (500x500, 24K)

It won't win, the best chance is Volci Cup for Phoenix and i wouldn't even bet on that.

i WANT a Volpi Cup for Joaquin, this would be so based

Somebody is triggered by this movie. Who would that be?

Attached: 1516763246737.gif (480x270, 1023K)

Same thing.

This is more accurate, a lot of modern critics dislike MCU and disney shit.

Depends on the jury. Martel is the president so at this point i would say that he won't get it.

Yes, but i can respect the european leftists, because Barbera is obviously leftist and even european film critics are not obsessed with SJW or political stuff and they can review film without political bias.

>Who would that be
Not jews since phoenix is one and the director is the biggest one(and also wanted anti-trump ideals in this flick)

Attached: 1564093692709.jpg (1794x4528, 1.08M)

he already has one, and a Cannes award and an oscar

The Volpi cup was a tie and he doesn't have an oscar.

He called out Disney.

Attached: Screenshot_20190725-174341_Reddit.jpg (985x1335, 572K)

>"Film Twitter"

Attached: 113641041293416.jpg (960x720, 82K)

I agree no matter how much people call Cannes and Venice film fests bullshit and pretentious etc. The fact is that they don't succumb to this terrible social climate despite getting bashed by retarded american journalists all the time. They even go against it. Programing Trier, Kechiche, Polanski etc. I mean that's just based. What i was saying is that no matter what Barbera said, it's hard to say whether the film is good until it premieres. It certainly has buzz now. We will see how it goes when it premieres. I hope that it's good but i'm sceptical.
Interesting thing about Venice this year is that there was rumour by a reliable source who also had the right info about Polanski being in comp and Noe having new cut of Irreversible and some other stuff. The rumour was that there will be a special screening of a new cut of the Kechiche film that premiered at Cannes this year and got panned by American journalists, Mektoub Intermezzo. Now this would be triple based move Barbera. Polanski, Noe with his long rape scene + Kechiche again.

this means jack shit, go look at the chernobyl guy's career

There are a lot of people who seemingly are out to hate the movie before they've seen it, for no particular reason

Unironically the hate is from twitter and black twitter.

>Film Twitter
and that's enough internet for me today, thanks.

The people who praise Bird of Prey aren't exactly worth listening too.

>Scenes of both characters writing
>Scenes of both characters walking down the street
>Both keep a journal
>Both have a gun
>They both sit down in a scene
>Both have scenes in a restaurant
>Both have shot-reverse shot
>Both watch TV
>Both look at a mirror
HOW DID THEY GET AWAY WITH IT?

>Disney is dismantling Fox and in a while people won't even remember it existed
HOLY FUCK SHUT IT DOWN

Based Barbera.

People are unironically glad that Disney bought Fox.
>Omg! Now the Xmen can be in the MCU!

this

Attached: bvs spambot h8er.jpg (973x945, 102K)

They think it's going to be the Black Panther for incels.

Based as fuck

I thought that was the point of the film?

Inability to contextualise is a sign of autism user

>Disney is shaping the industry
>There were less quality US movies this year as a result
I imagine this makes Disney shills even more pissy about Joker getting into the festival

H Y P E
Finally, a movie for me

I am more excited about this tbqfwymm (to be quite frank with you my man)

Attached: cq5dam.web.738.462.jpg (738x462, 66K)

Me too. There are many others films which i'm excited for in this lineup. Lineup looks pretty decent. I really hope Sorrentino won't drop the ball with The New Pope. I love The Young Pope, it's one of my favourite shows ever so i hope they won't tarnish it.

Attached: bgus-1543318-027-1554829747.jpg (480x480, 39K)

It's the "McDonald's arthouse" meme come to life

>I know what we’ve I’ve got on our hands
he knows they got a turd of a movie on their hands that has no chance of winning anything

yeah, same, favourite thing ever seen on a screen
>tfw I'm kinda venetian but missed all shootings
>tfw I could've been an extra
>tfw Sorrentino is going to phone it in big time on his next movie with JLaw
>tfw no the lighthouse premiere at the festival

Attached: 1543116838950.jpg (1280x718, 477K)

Cope harder, its already IN COMPETITION, even if it doesnt win anything its already a big achievement for a capeshit movie. It would be first capeshit in a prestigious film festival main program since 2005

Eh that JLaw thing doesn't sound good. I don't like her. Loro also wasn't that great hopefully TNP will be a return to form. The Lighthouse was in Cannes so it was clear it won't premiere in Venice. I'm surprised Uncut Gems isn't in Venice. Prime Sandler kino right there.

Attached: 1zptlkx.jpg (680x285, 33K)

see
retard

What was the capeshit from 2005?

I JUST WANT TO WATCH THE FUCKING LIGHTHOUSE

Shrek 2 competed for the Palme D'Or at Cannes.

Reminds me of the Russo Brothers filmography.

Are you retarded?

Well you will have to wait. TIFF allegedly blocked the film, that's why it skipped some smaller festivals. So it will be at TIFF hopefully it releases this year. The Lighthouse, Uncut Gems and The New Pope are the films and TV show i'm expecting the most this year.

Attached: adam-sandler-new-york-city-october-2018-05.jpg (814x1222, 208K)

Rightfully so.

is uncut gems as good as punch drunk love?

god women were gorgeous in the 70s-80s

At least no one will shoot up the theater there

Sin city

He was ROBBED

0 idea but it's from directors of Good Time so i'm hyped. There were people who read the script and said that it's similar to Good Time in tone just edgier, funnier and more intense. Safdies wanted to make it before Good Time but they couldn't get the money. It's their passion project.

Attached: 5297274-6304711-Giving_chase_Sandler_was_seen_wearing_a_fashionable_mustard_yell-a-91_1540246947427. (634x879, 113K)

It's going to be garbage and you know it

but the memes won't

Attached: honk and the world honks with you.jpg (1200x757, 258K)

that sounds rather promising, although I doubt they'll be able to top the sleazy RPat + OPN wombo combo

We will see. I'm hoping for the best.

So a good film then? Fuck your jew media and your soicuck reviewers