Lmao minas tirith is such a cuck compared to chadrad dur

lmao minas tirith is such a cuck compared to chadrad dur

Attached: niSF6rwYF2ejMudRiLPeVPSG5Pz06AnkL0pmVE9JedI.jpg (2633x1542, 509K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Elven_life_cycle#Sexuality.2C_marriage.2C_and_parenthood
youtube.com/watch?v=FW8cSYfWCbM
youtube.com/watch?v=CAxSo_xbRvw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wtf I thought the Argonaths are pretty tall. At least taller than Orthanc

Is Orthanc really that fucking tiny?

it's almost like the premise is completely shit-brained

Galadriel's feet dwarf those.

now post the shire LMAO

God imagine how many Elf and human female rape dugons they have in barad-dur

the moans and crys if females day and night while orcs goblins and wild lings run trains on them.

Had no idea about the size difference between Orthanc and Barad-dûr

And then a white manlet took away Sauron's bling and destroyed his BBC, making Minas Tirith the biggest. Really makes u think....

So, the ring was linked the tower's supports and when it melted, the thing just collapsed?

Somebody’s compensating

oh no no no no no no no no no

based, the cutest and youngest on the top, the old hags on surface level geting raped by goblins

>movie called "Two Towers"
>one of the towers isn't even 10th of the other one

Cringe, fuck off

morgul and orthanc should be at least as tall as minas thirith wtf

Attached: 4B349FEA-5BDB-4AF1-94BB-D54964A2F5B2.gif (350x255, 1.78M)

fantasy authors have no sense of scales or realistic engineering

Attached: game of throne The Wall.png (1187x1144, 327K)

>Two Towers
was a reference to 9/11 and slaying the dirty orcs responsible for undermining the West

Attached: holdthedubs.jpg (639x399, 38K)

not 100% on this but barad-dur was raised using sauron's power which is intrinsically tied to the ring. so basically magic was holding it all together.

Elves will literally die if you try to rape them.

>118599999

why would a wall built with magic follow realistic engineering principles?

>realistic engineering of a magical wall built to stop necromancers

I think that has to do with being fantasy

the two towers were morgul and orthanc, because the shelob appeared in that book

dumbass, the "towers" are a metaphor

Because they still follow realistic tax procedures

barad dur was probably a mountain, same with minas thirith wich makes morgul and orthanc a more impressive piece of architecture

Here we see the fruits of sound tax policy.

So much this. Taxes trump magic, just like good tits and ass trump a nice personality

based and taxpolicied. james wlliam sidis tier

>Le tallest building in the world MUHDEEK
*sits on your shitskin tower*

Attached: 1385670729342.jpg (481x434, 26K)

Orthanc is more realistic to how tall a free standing tower is without modern engineering and Tirith/Morgul are both bulit into mountains.

Barad-Dur is FUCKING BONKERS bullshit that is apparently built and held in place but Sauron's mind. It litterally got built between the events of the Hobbit and LotR when "Nercomancer" Sauron was chased out of the spooky woods by the White Council and he ran back to Mordor. Hence why it fell down after being defeated because it was created with his will alone, what with him being a smithing god making rings and shit.

did the orcs have good union representation?

>we'll never get to see what was going on in Utumno
>or Angband
>or Barad-dûr
>or even Dol Guldur
I wanna see what kind of fucked up experiments lead to dragons and trolls and all the other bad shit the lads came up with

Because it still is subjected to material weight, stress and gravity

>the Two Towers
>not “The Tower and some tiny lil pillar lmao”

Also what was Baradur’s tax policy?

All of those places occur in the Silmarillion.

What Tolkien never really mentioned was the northern Kingdom of Angmar. ;_;

the spells used to build it would obviously take that into account. don't read fantasy if you're going to get autistic about magic not following real-life physics.

Looks like someone was compensating for something, lol!

Yeah but not in detail. He tells us they exist and some of the stuff that happened there, but that's about it.

Is nobody capable of reading the text in the image?
It just shows the scale of the bigatures they built for the movies, which depends on what kind of shots they had in mind.

No indication of the actual size of the places at all.

>fantasy
>realism
Fuck off, autist.

what?

Barad dur is ridiculously tall.
Requiring magic to be standing tall.
So tall that stairs wont work.
Simply too inefficient to move that height.

So we must assume it has magic elevators or maybe teleport pads.

Shirefolk ar the niggers of middle earth

Denethorr didn’t go crazy from seeing Frodo captured thru the palantir
He went crazy because every time he looked in it Sauron winked at him and said “mine’s bigger.”

digits!

sauron is a spooky ghost, i don't think he needs stairs or elevators

>ORTHANC
>according to book over 150m

how do they have a concept of what a meter is in middle earth?

its a unit of measurement based off 2 marks on a metal bar in paris

are u retarded?

You are a genuine fucking idiot

I dont think he moves lower to see tortures or have visitors. Pretty sure they go to him.

That requires a way of them getting there. Stairs wont work.

>so tall that stairs wont work.
what did he mean by this?

Aesthetically:

Minas Tirith > Minas Morgul > Barad-Dur

Unless we're talking about "evil" aesthetics, then you can move Minas Morgul up one.

Attached: 1554575709649.png (1073x844, 1.36M)

Yeah my bad

In modern sky scrapers of significant height stairs are too inefficient a means of moving up and down.
The efficiency of elevators is one of the limiting factors of how tall we can build buildings.
Barad dur is way taller than anything we have ever built.

It's no good if sauron calls an ork into his office and the orc dies on the way there from exhaustion.

a big elevating platform on big ol chains

Orcs are pussies. Erebor, or whatever that giant dwarf city was called, was built with nothing but stairs and Dwarves are stubby little guys. Did they ever complain?

Powered by trolls?

Why wouldn't a huge wall work tho?

She's an elf

literally what's the point of this structure?

Attached: masterplan.png (1000x616, 595K)

It's not that it wouldn't "work", it would just be complete and utter overkill. Considering this wall spreads coast-to-coast an entire continent, even making it twice as tall as the Chinese Wall would've been an undertaking that should've taken several generations of 24/7 slave labour.

He would call an orc from the lower level and aim pretty fucking sure our tallest skyscrapers has stairs to the top

It would fall over. Imagine trying to build a pillar of mud, at some point the weight would make it collapse if you don't increase it's footspace

>le bigger phalic symbol is better
obvious nigger detected

It would collapse under it's own weight if it was that tall using any material we know of, unless it was incredibly thick. In which case it would be more like a glacier.

But magic.

White walkers are the niggers of Westeros when it comes to crossing bodies of water.
Can't swim, and slim chances the Night's Watch is gonna send rescue ships for poor wight babies on boats.

georgey kind of forgot about logic

There are stairs in skyscrapers. It's just a very inefficient way to go top to bottom. They are for emergencies.

zombies and giants and giant spiders and cannibal tribesmen isnt good enough of a reason to build a giant wall?

Sauron implants his orders in the orc's brain. the orc never has to go to Sauron's office on the 1130th floor.

What if sauran wants to bully him?

In its defense, it's supposedly really thick too, and because parts of it keep melting and running down the wall to the ground (i.e. "she's crying again"), it creates a pretty massive foothold to keep the wall stable, allegedly. But yes, it's mostly muh enchanted ice magic.

the only people Saurom needs to talk to is the Nazgul and he can do that using magic.
Its supposed to be an impenetrable fortress not an office

depends if you just have to go up one floor

But then how does sauran administer his empire? The easterlings are allied to him. Not slaves.

It would become more like a large hill in that case. Especially if snow drifts blew up against it and were freezing and thawing.

Still a useful defensive position.

Then the orc has to take the winding stairs. at the top Sauron says "it was nothing"

Saronman has an office tho.

As a human, why would you even side with Sauron?

They're 145 meters man, three times the statue of liberty. What more do you want?

send mil with eagles and ravens like in GoT?

What if you have freight? Like an unconscious hobbit.

to be powerful as his general.

>It would become more like a large hill in that case

IIRC part of the Night Watch's duties is literal wall maintenance (not sure if it was mentioned in the book or show or both) as in repairing cracks and keeping it in shape, not sure if it entails hacking off parts that are getting too steep.

You would rather be on his side than dead. A dominion.

When Barad-Dur 'blows up' thats just cgi kino. There isn't scene thats surpassed it even today. I know it was the the most focused on VE in the whole trilogy but surly it should have surpasseed by now but it's not it's a 1300m ve that has detail down to the cm

Power

Attached: 23f.jpg (680x452, 91K)

WITNESSED

>fantasy
>not realistic
Took big brain to figure that one out

Does that include anal rape? Oral? Bukake?
Tickling and tummy rubs against their will?

>sauron
>office
HE'S A GIANT EYE

Waters cold bro

Because i support his tax policy.

Capture and violently kill those shit-eating faggy Hobbits and make them squeal in your elaborate unholy torture chambers.

Attached: warwik.jpg (1000x970, 711K)

?

>1336 meters
>not 1337 meters
Idiot sauron, im glad he got killed by a midge

those are dwarwenkin

Then why build a wall instead of sealing the ice zombies away with pure magic?

are you legally blind?

RRREEEE NO WITCH KING STORIES FROM THE HEIGHT OF HIS KINGDOMS POWER REEEEEEEE

The shitty writer get out of jail free card.

If you don't like awful sense of scales in fictious settings, you should avoid Warhammer 40k.

Attached: Warhammer_40k_sisters_of_battle_adeptas_sororitas_battling_Dark_Eldar.jpg (707x1000, 138K)

I was going to disagree with you until i saw the end of your post. you are correct

slave loli elves

How do they know how tall they are? Tolkien never directly said somebody just made this shit up

Argonath is the most shocking out of all of these, honestly. I didn't know barad dur was that big, I always thought argonath was impossibly tall, but believable since it's carved from rock, but now barad looks comically huge for no real reason other than a dick measuring contest...or provide a good view or reception for the eye, I guess.
I'm dissapointed argonath isn't the tallest.

same reason i voted trump and enjoy looking at brownies behind bars

why was he so mean?

dragons wouldn't be able to fly.

Tubes

their leader has freezing powers, just freeze the water and walk on it lmao

>Noldor have dark hair and grey eyes

Wtf? I thought Elves were supposed to be blonde and pretty Aryans, the apex of humanoid beauty?

Attached: headache.jpg (500x627, 143K)

Maintenance for that thing must be a nightmare

Realism is overrated. I don't care if a sword design is wrong or unrealistic it's a storytelling tool, nothing more.

>150m tall statues doing the Hitler Salute

How did Tolkien/Jackson get away with this???

Attached: Argonath.png (1578x794, 1.54M)

Not only that, im also phoneposting

realism supports belief

>Realism is overrated.

Sure but I like consistency, even in fiction.

those are left arms, fren

Attached: 1548182653949.jpg (567x633, 53K)

some of them are

"blocks your path"

Tolkien was a swarthy Anglo, of course he'd think dark hair was pretty.

why didn't regular humans just take over the shire and claim it as a lave state?

>Tower owned by Saruman the "White" is tiny and thin
>Tower owned by Sauron the "Dark Lord" is gigantic and long

Hmmm what did Tolkien mean by this?

Belief can be supported by more than just realism.
Fantasy can be consisted. Having rules within that story work doesn't mean that Newtonian physics apply as well.

>Plebeian taste
white with blonde hair and blue eyes
>Patrician taste
white with raven hair and blue eyes
Tolkien was certified based and redpilled so of course he was patrician taste

>calls in immortal ghost army
>making all the fighting before that pointless
gg

Thats basically what happens in the books except it was by Sarumans orders. The rangers/Gandalf protected the Shire until the war of the ring

The Drowned God has his Mermaid guarding the sea

>why doesn't superman just fly bad guys into the sun
this is what you sound like

Because the Orcs already did. I forgot the name but the Shire was betrayed by a corrupt Hobbit. It's actually a pretty big event in the books that they completely left out in the movies, except for a tiny "what if m8" vision where we see Hobbits in chains and shit.

>So tall that stairs wont work.
go on...

What is in Barad dur anyway? i mean besides Sauron

it's where the legislators debate mordor's tax policy, idiot.

Fuck me I'd rape the living shit out of his daughter, literally just throw her around and impale her on my chode like a fleshlight with legs, make that midganus bleed.

whats the point of making something that high, what would you even use it for

i just watched two towers for the first time yesterday. can someone explain why the fuck dumbledolfs hair, beard and robe became white when he respawned?

Now show me Morgoth's fortress!

If Summer and winters last years how do characters still have ages in earth years?

>The Halfling was client to thee, I see. Know that he was audited greatly at the hands of the IRS. Who would have thought that one so poor could endure so much back tax? And he paid, Gandalf. He paid.

Attached: 1538842806204.jpg (592x589, 34K)

>Fantasy bigature thread
>nobody posts bigatures
This board is dead.

I know this is bait but he is reborn as a pure version of himself, much like Saruman's status as the head of the wizards. Gandalf is purified and gains XP in his rebirth. Basically gains all the powers of Saruman.

Minas Morgul should have been about the same size as Minas Tirith, theyre supposed to be sister cities after all

Because fuck white people

Why didn't he just an hero over and over to keep stacking additional power?

Rewatch return of the king

Saruman can actually talk to the boys from his spire
It's not that high.

He clearly has a humanoid form in addition to the eye, as he was "the Necromancer" in Mirkwood and Gollum notes that Sauron only had four fingers on one of his hands while he was being interrogated.

>stairs dont work
I want to live in your beautiful mind

This user is correct, and my nigga.

>prefering nigger genes

Isn't it bed time for you?

just turn your brain off bro

Damn the Drukhari look like THAT

>let's kill ourselves for no reason whatsoever
What did they mean by this?

Attached: BOTBG-ROTK.jpg (800x333, 71K)

Explain religion then.

We both know they were keeping Sauron's attention while Frodo did the deed, user.

For Sneed.
*autistically runs*

It's also an office building, a mall and a residential condo

Giant lumbering armies walking without logistics and supplies makes no sense.

Sauron is able to shapeshift (to a limited degree in his weakened state), flee from combat using magic as seen in The Hobbit and communicate with anyone that uses the Palantir at very long distances from Mordor and you think that he would find the stairs on his crib a problem to talk to his subordinates?
Not to mention that if they have troll slaves closing huge ass gates who says they don't also employ elevators running on slave labour.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

How is he supposed to see two hobbits a hundred miles away, whether there's a battle or not

Explain please.

the Deep Ones guard the seas, user

Attached: lovecraft.jpg (250x296, 23K)

if an elf is about to be raped they literally release their spirit from their body rather than be defiled

>Barad-dur is 4 times the size of the World Trade Centers
Imagine being the orc janny that has to mop the top floor

Why the fuck is the Great Wall so small? The walls of the Assyrian city of Nineveh were 100 feet in height.

he's got a really big eye

The titular Two Towers are Minas Morgul and Orthanc.

Nineveh was way more compact than the northern border of China

for you

Rise of the witch king, play it.

Based and anti elf pilled

nice

Attached: tolkien-min.png (3000x2756, 1.8M)

It's a fortress. There are orcs doing orc stuff, a prison, a penthouse for Sauron, and a room for his magic eye.

I get that but as I age I realize things are smol. The great pyramid is less than 500 foot in height.

>boasting about who's got the biggest tower

>meanwhile Barad-Dur was barely a bartizan in comparison with Angband, which lies beneath the Thangorodrim (the three highest volcanoes/mountains of Arda) and definitely spans miles in width, and has hundreds, if not thousands of miles in corridors, halls, fortifications, and vaults)

>meanwhile Angband was just an outpost in comparison with Utumno (Udûn), which was literally so big that even the other Gods couldn't find every cave and dungeon therein.

Attached: Vz0rS.jpg (1217x765, 306K)

holy kek

and they end up being the saviors of the world? lol

tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Elven_life_cycle#Sexuality.2C_marriage.2C_and_parenthood
they’re so pure bros...

>doing the Hitler Salute
>unironically not knowing how to do a hitler salute

>The Elves view the sexual act as extremely special for "the union of love is indeed to them great delight and joy."

Remember when you were young and thought this was how the world worked?

Attached: Tuuliky_-_Lumen_Melma.jpg (588x1000, 340K)

Not in the books. Jackson was aware of this and to get shit past the rader, he made the statues use their left arms instead, so "it's totally not nazi guys".

Based Peter.

just like my Xianxia novels

Is it possible to shoot arrows 200m? cos the wildlings did it with shitty bows which seemed doubtful

Imagine building that in Minecraft.

youtube.com/watch?v=FW8cSYfWCbM

Imagine indeed.

Have sex.

Attached: 7995CA0A-4AB9-4AD8-84E3-AC04BC15D1FB.gif (475x267, 2.31M)

Oh god those things make me think Chinese are all 13 years old fanfic writers with a boner for Broly. They give a new definition to MarySuism

Childhood is rooting for man
femininity is rooting for the elves
Adulthood is realizing Sauron has all the right ideas.

>le trump
>orange man bad

Zoomer cringe tbdesu

>it's so special
>elf in the hobbit wants to fuck a disgusting dwarf manlet

checked

Attached: Drillbit Taylor.jpg (630x1200, 151K)

Why did you decide to accompany your post with the movie poster for Drillbit Taylor? What went on in your head that lead you down the choice of posting that? Is it the pose? Do you feel sympathetic with his amateurish yet enthusiastic fighting pose? Is it because the movie's plot and ideas resonate with either of our posts? What? Tell me.

Whats Barad Dur? Was it the building with the big eye?

Knife eared bitches can't resist the BDC

Yes. It's Sauron's fortress that took like six hundred years for him to complete. Also it's name in the black speech is Lugbúrz.

Attached: Barad-dur.jpg (1451x2588, 514K)

Was Minus a city?

What was it?
Also I haven’t seen the last 2 lotr movies since 2004

Cool thanks. So realistically he was able to see everything not obscured by the curvature of middle-earth.

Sauron had no ideas
Saruman wanted the victory of technology and industrialisation
Denethor wanted the renewal of nobility and the power of man
Elrond believed in the alliance of all races (but had doubt about humans)
Galadriel wanted everyone to calm down a notch and let go of magic
Thranduil wanted a revival of elven magic (but fat chance)
Dwarves Kings wanted their own revival
Gandalf wanted to tell them all to fuck off and go live with the hobbits

But Sauron had really no idea of what he was doing. At first he was a wolf-shaped fallen minor god at the service of Morgoth, pretty much Satan in LOTR universe. When Morgoth got powned and humiliated by gradually worse ennemies (I mean he lost to a frigging song), Sauron tried to step up, got powned by a dog, realised some dragons (and spiders...) were stronger than him, concluded Noldor are reaaaaaally bad news, runned away when the gods rape train rolled on Morgoth, sneak his way into local superpower (Numenor) and told them to attack the gods for the lulz, got burn to crisp for that stupid prank and since then he's larping Morgoth and forged rings because Silmarils are a bit above his pay grade. He's also thanking Iluvatar everyday for making everyone on Middle Earth super ultra weak compared to all the previous periods. He gathered all the assholes who turns out to be 90% of Middle Earth population and decided the only to do was to wipe out the other 10% because why not.

And he lost because of hobbits.

Tolkien never really explained how orcs are made. I think it's a question too uncomfortable for his universe. The original orcs being tortured/mutilated elves is possible, but there are just so many of them and they keep multiplying despite there being apparently no females, which leaves two possibilities:
1. They literally spawn/are built, the movies imply this with the Uruk-Hai
2. They rape the women of other races, the books imply this with the Uruk-Hai

Yeah, something like that.

Attached: TN-The_Nazgul.jpg (733x960, 120K)

>Legolas about to get his tight boipussy gaped by bigman Boromir
>kills himself
>''I would've followed you, my brother''
would've been kino

Attached: 1560912286274.jpg (267x279, 45K)

Minas Tirith was the fortress defending the city of Osgiliath. It was never meant to be a city in its own right, but it became that way over time, as people started fleeing Osgiliath for Minas Tirith.

I'm also curious of this

There are Night's Watch castles on each end of the wall for this purpose. Eastwatch-By-The-Sea would theoretically fight off any walkers who tried to sail around the wall.

>no mt. doom

*burns all downloaded blu-ray rips to actual blu-rays so I could break them in half *

Funfact: Elves in Lord of the Rings cannot be raped. At all. If you try to rape one, it'll die. I mean, I guess you could then fuck the still-warm body, but their soul (I forget the umlaut word for that) just straight-up flees the body.

>still left with the body
win-win

this made me laugh way harder than it should have

Attached: 1400531123257.gif (250x250, 32K)

The wall is an explicitly magical barrier, there's more keeping the Others out than just a slab of ice. If that was the only problem then they could just freeze the water around it, or just carve through it. The Night's Watch in the books does have castles at both the east and west coastlines of the Wall, but those are to defend against wildlings, not against the Others. If the Others could simply swim around the wall then they would have done so already.

The first chapter of the first book has the Others killing rangers not far from the wall. If they could swim around the wall, get through it physically, or just climb it, the entire series would have ended very anticlimactically during ASOS or AFFC with "and then the massive zombie army lead by ice aliens killed everyone. the end".

Dont sea dragons live in the sea to the east of the wall?

Oh neat, I thought it was just like a big abandoned fortress and shit

>1. They literally spawn/are built, the movies imply this with the Uruk-Hai
FUCK YOU
THE ENTIRE REASON EVIL EXISTS AT ALL IS BECAUSE MELKOR WAS MAD ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO CREATE LIFE ON HIS OWN
AND YOU THINK ORCS ARE JUST BUILT IN PITS BECAUSE HACKSON SHOWED IT

Um, it's technically still rape. What Orc, looks at an Elf lookin all fine and shit wants to rape her soul. It's the body he wants. Imagine running around with a rape face watching all the fairies in never never land or some shit fly out of their souls and back to dinosauronman or whatever her name is.

What exactly was inside Barad Dur anyway? Like, did it have furniture? Where there orcs or Haradrim or Naz'gul hanging out inside?

Tolkien died before the WTC towers were built.

So in the RotK movie, what the fuck was that green laser beam that blasted out of Minas Morgul?

Attached: natsoc frodo.jpg (398x396, 134K)

>AND YOU THINK ORCS ARE JUST BUILT IN PITS BECAUSE HACKSON SHOWED IT
No, I said the movies implied it, you fucking sperg. I'm well aware of what caused Melkor's fall, you're not the only one who read the Silmarillion.

No, dumb showfag, they do not.

No it wasn't. It was build in the second age and took 600 years to build, nerd

Now that you guys are talking about size. Was Ancalagon actually as big as artwork tend to portray him? I've read everywhere that he could never be the size of a mountain due to the fact that he crawled out of the Pits of Angband or something but he did destroy mountains when he fell so, which one is it?

Attached: ancalagon.jpg (1920x1118, 282K)

Nothing, really. Just a way to tie together the Frodo/Sam scene with the Gandalf/Pippin scene going on at the exact same time and to emphasize to the audience that the orcs marching out of Minas Morgul were heading for Minas Tirith in case it wasn't already obvious.

>still left with the baby

ftfy

>Tolkien specifically says that Orcs are twisted Elves who reproduce normally
>hurrrrrr but how are there so many of them durrrrrrrrrrr
>let us look to the movies to solve it
Fuck off

Lots and lots of orcs, and evil people.

they released the army and shot the laser beam to frighten froto away from the volcano. froto was too fast and began climbing the mountain before the army could reach him

Where are the orc women then

How do the denizens of minas tirith deal with landslides everyday

Morgoth built three mountains of slag over his fortress of Angband to help protect it. It was called Thangorodrim. When Ancalagon was killed he fell onto them and they were destroyed.

Attached: Eärendil_slays_Ancaglon.jpg (298x450, 40K)

In Orc settlements

The war between Melkor and the Valar literally shattered continents, given that context I don't think it's too crazy to think that Ancalagon was big enough to crush a mountain.

All the sexy orcs you'll ever want

Speaking of Ancalagon, how come this thing is the size of a minor kingdom, yet nobody ever brought him up?

Attached: Dragons Ancalagon the Black.jpg (2456x1000, 168K)

I don't think the height is indicitive of how tall the building is supposed to be, but how close they wanted the cameras to get.

Barad-Dur is in all three films, and the camera gets really fucking close to it several times so it can dolly up to the eye.

By comparison Minas Tirith is in one film and we really only ever see it from a distance or some areal shots. And Helm's Deep is in one film and we only ever see it from one angle.

Q: What's Helm's Deep Minas Morgath?

A: 2 Halflings

in the kitchen
making maggoty bread

Attached: 2019-07-25 21_29_43-The Lord of the Rings - Meat's Back on the Menu (HD) - YouTube.png (543x310, 176K)

Orcs devour whatever they come across as they march, their armies can move very fast

DRUMPF

>three mountains of slag

Attached: slags.jpg (1080x1350, 203K)

That's a big tower.

>okay Melkor I made you so that you wanna have the most power but I won't give you it
>okay feel free to sing all Strife into the song of creation, all according to my plan
>yeah guys go ahead and destroy half a continent warring this guy I unleashed on you I'll just sit back lol
>oh no some guys are trying to invade this holy continent that already had Melkor doing whatever the fuck he wanted on it and was also the site of a Kinslaying
>REEEEEEEEEEEE GET OUT GET OUT TAKE THIS FLOODING
what the fuck was Eru's problem?

How is it possible to see Barad Dur from The Black Gate? They're >100 miles apart.

Steven King > Jr. Tolkien

He died his first day on the job. That's why. Gandalf does mention him when talking about destroying the ring.

it's 4,400 feet tall moran. the tallest building humans have ever created is like half of that

Sauron blowing his load

Taxes

Gandalf does mention at some point that not even Ancalagon's fire could melt the One Ring but thats about it. To be fair, the Trilogy seldom mentions stuff from the Silmarillion. You don't hear people talking about Tulkas or Ungoliant, let alone Ancalagon.

That picture surely is a joke, right?

Attached: DZZWgQ6X0AEVXxm.jpg (978x978, 65K)

They're all grim but I'd take number 3

Who is Steven King?

J.k rowling > stephen king > george rr martin > the guy who wrote clifford the big red dog > tolkien

You do get some elven lore. Frodo gets the light and prays “a elbereth.” Its been years since I read the silmarillion so my minds a bit foggy.

I really like the art ITT.

Surely they mention at the very least that Shelob is a descendant of the great spider, if they don't mention Ungoliant by name?

Why does everyone seem to be getting weaker over time?

the ages of great heroes are ending
also specifically, Melkor got physically weaker because he poured all his power into Utumno and Angband, Sauron got weaker cause he got fucked on Numenor

The world is getting worse.

Attached: Glaurung.jpg (983x1526, 466K)

Elves because they're literally part of the world itself, and as magic is fading, so are they, which is why they sail to the undying lands.

Numenorians (superhumans) don't have the same connection to the world as Elves do, but their decline is just a crafty metaphor of Tolkien to describe the dangers of race mixing and spoiling your genetic heritage.

Over taxation.

That one in particular is exaggerating it but he was supposedly "as tall as a mountain"

It could've been a small mountain, for all we know.

they ripped argonath off from naruto

What's causing magic to fade? And I thought Numenorians were stripped of their long life spans for their arrogance?

I'm scared of that pic cause nothing living can be that enormous. Makes my head swim.

>The Office / Lotr crossover

with the soupier uruk-hai

The world is a creation of the gods, in the beginning it was pure and perfect but Morgoth tainted it with his dark shenanigan-influence and basically fucked the whole thing forever. He tainted the world so badly that it could never be 100% repaired and that's the reason why magic and magical beings tied to that plane of existence are slowly fading away with each generation.

I''m simplifying, obvious but you get point.

kek

They do.
>"But none could rival her, Shelob the Great, last child of Ungoliant to trouble the unhappy world."

Iluvatar just wanted to be a Yea Forums faggot, everything else is not of importance

Also Morgoth is a real party pooper and big looser
> Valars create world
> Morgoth goes full grifter and adds giant oversized moutains fucking up everything
> Valars create beautiful and strong mortal races
> Morgoth defile them and creates orcs and trolls
> Valars create tree of light with immense power (pretty much the sun but better)
> Morgoth set his giant spider on the tree, destroy it, gets immediatly betray by the spider and lose to her.
> Noldor salvages some of the light from the tree to create silmarils
> Morgoth steal them, wear them on a crown, is crushed by his own crown, lose a foot to a noldor, lose the silmarils to a little girl.

What a great god

Thanks mate

>> Valars create tree of light with immense power (pretty much the sun but better)
Don't forget they only had to do that because Melkor already smashed the Lamps

kek

Attached: LotR Second Age.png (640x2928, 196K)

Don't think so since there introduced to it by Gollum and then some Orc's mention her by name and what her venom does.

Fuck off moviefag

thats just superstition , the japs say otherwise

You should check out the "Men of the West" channel on YT it's got 5-10 minute lore videos on most of the Silmarillion and beyond stuff. There are other channels too, but I like this guy's voice.

youtube.com/watch?v=CAxSo_xbRvw

Thinking back on the events in the Silmarillion, it always amazes me how lopsided the ages are
>First Age: entirety of the Silmarillion (and Ainulindale I guess)
>Second Age: Numenor and Last Alliance, not much else
>Third Age: Just everyone chilling with Sauron slowly building power

their blood is diluted

ubermensch like aragorn are far and few between in the third age

Tolkien said that all the magic and elder races are leaving the world and the future in the 4th/5th age and beyond is going to be the various human kingdoms warring and competing with eachother.

Oh yeah the Lamps... with one crashing down to create a whole sea and the other one forcing all the valars to leave Middle Earth... that and Morgoth spamming volcanoes like he was playing populous.

Also I like the version with Valars trying to make peace with Morgoth and hiring him to build the pillars for the Lamps... which he does by building them in ice. The Lamps heat melted the ice, boom.

>future in the 4th/5th age and beyond
You do realize LOTR is set in our ancient past, right?

Is all of this in the Silmarillion?

but magic isn't realistic engineering

The second part isn't
>which he does by building them in ice
kek
The God of all Evil doing pranks like an 80s sitcom

The creation of middle earth was like a chord being struck. As time goes on the sound gets softer. Melkor and Sauron are from the same dissonant chord but melkor coming first obviously means his vibration was stronger. This explanation is actually canon, not hyperbole.

Nah you forget huge chunks of history with dragons fucking up things, witch kings doing weird stuff and the massive migrations, wars and degeneration of mortal race kingdoms.

Play LOTRO to see Sauron isn't the only issue with the Third Age.

We don't know Bran the Builder's tax policies. Maybe he was able to afford it with heavy taxes on wheat exports.

The point is how many magnificent events are
Just think back on everything that happened in the Silmarillion, that was all one age

this is the lamest shitpost I think I've seen in a long time.

Tolkien was so anal about the world he created that he even “translated” the names. If the book states it, he put the measurement in a way that would make sense for the reader.

because you fucks killed sauron the last great magic being left in middle earth

BEHOLD THE TOLKIEN AUTISM

e name of the Shire (_Sûza_) and all other places of die Hobbits have thus been Englished. This was seldom difficult, since such names were commonly made up of elements similar to those used in our simpler English place-names; either words still current like _hill_ or _field_; or a little worn down like _ton_ beside _town_. But some were derived, as already noted, from old hobbit-words no longer in use, and these have been represented by similar English things, such as _wich_, or _bottle_ 'dwelling', or _michel_ 'great'. In the case of persons, however, Hobbit-names in the Shire and in Bree werefor those days peculiar, notably in the habit that had grown up, some centuries before this time, of having inherited names for families. Most of these surnameshad obvious meanings in the current language, being derived from jesting nicknames, or from place-names, or (especially in Bree) from the names of plantsand trees. Translation of these presented little difficulty; but there remained one or two older names of forgotten meaning, and these I have been content to anglicize in spelling: as Took for _Tûk_, or Boffin for _Bophîn_. I have treated Hobbit first-names, as far as possible, in the same way. To their maid-children Hobbits commonly gave the names of flowers or jewels. To their man-children they usually gave names that had no meaning at all in their daily language; and some of their women's names were similar. Of this kind are Bilbo, Bungo, Polo, Lotho, Tanta, Nina, and so on.

He carriers on about Hobbit names, this is only the first part
I love the Tolkien As Translator conceit

Most of fantasy is built in the "shriking world" trope, everything was better and stronger in the past. This reflect their pseudo medieval setting, a period marked (at first) by the sentiment of past glory, lost knowledge from the "ancients" and the general idea you go further from God as ages pass. You have to imagine 9th century franks and saxons living amongst ruins they couldn't even imagine how they were built. Lotr has the same feeling.

Of course when Tolkien was writing we were in a period marked at first by a glorious optimism about the future, everyone driving flying cars, etc... then world wars started, Tolkien was a soldier and started writing in the trenches.

Funny how Lotr became popular again arounf the same time we became dislusionned about the future.

Possibly my favorite part is how he explains the name Meriadoc

The names of the Bucklanders were different from those of the rest of the Shire. The folk of the Marish and their offshoot across the Brandywine were in many ways peculiar, as has been told. It was from the former language of the southern Stoors, no doubt, that they inherited many of their very odd names. These I have usually left unaltered, for if queer now, they were queer in their own day. They had a style that we should perhaps feel vaguely to be Celtic elements in England, I have sometimes imitated the latter in my translation. Thus Bree, Combe (Coomb), Archet, and Chetwood are modelled on relics of Britishnomenclature, chosen according to sense: _bree_ hill, _chet_ "wood*. But only one personal name has been altered in this way. Meriadoc was chosen to fit the fact that this character's shortened name. Kali, meant in the Westron 'jolly, gay', though it was actually an abbreviation of the now unmeaning Buckland name Kalimac.

noice

In the same way you should look at the Xianxia genre. It's all the same premise: the world is now weak, in the past glorious heroes were pretty much all powerful gods but it was thousands of years ago, now most ancient knowledge and power is lost or hidden. But a young hero will discover it all, raising from the bottom to the top and making him and all his friends more powerful than even the ancients.

Funny how this mimick how chineses see their own History.

checked but not keked

Attached: check it.jpg (500x650, 83K)

>No Ancalagon edits yet
C'mon Yea Forums.

Attached: Ancalagon the Big.png (4000x1628, 2.23M)

>the US
>the West
I think there are buildings far more important in the West.

Thankfully GW is sanitising 40k for us by putting sisters in comfortable gym clothes and sensible running shoes.

>Grugson, my office! NOW!

MELKOR HAS BEEN ON MY ASS ALL AGE ABOUT THIS INVADING MIDDLE EARTH BUSINESS

NOW YOU'VE GOT TWENTY YEARS TO GET ME RESULTS OR YOU'RE NAZGUL FOOD

>Dark tower flops over as soon as owner stops concentrating

Why didn't Sauron try to ally with the remaining dragons in the north? I get that a big part of Gandalf's plan to push Smaug's shit in was so that Sauron couldn't use him, but what about all the other lesser dragons faffing about in the withered heath?

>manlet morgul

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
-Bard the Bowman
-Michael Scott