Insider Here: Tarantino's New Movie is Flopping Big Time

Yes, I'm back. And as I exclusively leaked here weeks and weeks ago, the tracking data we were receiving on Quentin Tarantino's $100 million-plus 'Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood' was unfortunately "on the money." Early numbers are rolling in today, and it's confirmed to be a massive disappointment.

Sony has played it conservatively (and rightly so) by predicting a $30-35 million domestic opening, while the trades are creating a narrative of $40-50 million.

But the reality is, our latest data shows a $19-25 million opening and it could go as low as $15 million. Horrible. Sony has already privately hedged to shareholders that it will build on word of mouth. Not happening. Early exits have it at a C+ or two stars among the desired 18-35 demo, and African American and White Hispanic audiences seem to be much lower. Moviegoers over 45 are a little higher but not much.

With an estimated $300-350 all in for marketing, Sony needed this to gross at least $400 million, but my office has it finishing at just $60-75 million domestic. It won't break even. Sony has egg on its face.

AMA

Attached: once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-poster.jpg (2024x3000, 2.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.ie/entertainment/movies/movie-news/this-is-probably-the-closest-to-pulp-fiction-that-ive-done-tarantino-and-di-caprio-give-details-on-manson-movie-36838585.html
m.imdb.com/name/nm1166871/filmotype/producer?ref_=m_nmfm_1
youtu.be/xTeI65yrhGw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shame if this is true. As much as i dislike Tarantino and his immature claptrap i wanted this to make money. I guess i will assemble my friends and go see it when it comes out in my country.

Has anyone seen the film yet? I'm pretty interested in how this affects Tarantino, because it marks his second underperformer in a row. He won't be making another movie again on the Sony lot, that's now a certainty.

Attached: style-people-indexcomp-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-1553108933.png (640x640, 474K)

Miss me yet?

Attached: 1507805280141.jpg (307x360, 46K)

Only capeshitters care about box office numbers. Thanks for revealing yourself as a literal normie fuck.

Attached: aD6KW7Pe.jpg (600x400, 56K)

There’s sadly just no space for movies like this in Disney’s Hollywood

This. Who gives a fucking shit how much money a movie makes?

It's completely accurate. Early figures will publicly go online tomorrow morning, although Sony will attempt to delay.

This film simply isn't playing well with general audiences, because it's overlong and light on action and has no romance. It was marketing and promoted as another Pulp Fiction, but it's closer to the forgotten similarly expensive and bloated misfire Hail Caesar from the Coen brothers starring George Clooney and Josh Brolin.

Where are you located out of curiosity?

Attached: prc_65447600.jpg (970x509, 94K)

Not OP, but are you idiots serious? Money is all that matters.

If you're a fan of the director it matters because it effects how a director will work in the future, logistically speaking

Still, you don't need to be an insider to know this was going to bomb

> Tarantino's New Movie is Flopping Big Time
One can only hope.

It matters because if movies like this don't make money, they won't get made. Just more Disney trash, capeshit, reboots, remakes, prequels, and rehashed shit.

I was excited for this movie because I thought it was about Manson, when I found out it wasn't I stopped caring.

have sex

Stupid.

>This film simply isn't playing well with general audiences
how can you say this when the film hasn't even been released yet to "general audiences"

At this point, if you have any decency left, you should entirely boycott Holly Wood in the first place and not pay for ANYTHING they produce.

it looks cool and i will definitely pirate it in a few months when there's a decent bluray rip

>Where are you located out of curiosity?
Czech Republic

>insider here
I love this meme

Attached: suri-cruise-katie-holmes-madison-square-garden-oklahoma-city-thunder-new-york-knicks-1.jpg (1664x2000, 1.83M)

Not if your name is Quentin Tarantino. This movie could make $0 at the box office and he'd still have studio backing for his 10th film.

My Dad really wants to see this badly because he thinks it's a Manson bio-pic and I don't know how to get him to realize he's going to be disappointed

The push by Hollywood to turn QT into something other than a dreck peddling, derivative blowhard has failed. He makes entertaining films, but he peaked a long time ago. Hateful Eight, while critically acclaimed, fell flat to the general public and nobody’s interested in a film like this with no sex appeal. For fans only.

what?
Manson is not in it?

What kind of shilling is this?

he's in it but he's far from the focal point of the movie

Any leaks yet for what what the ending is?

[Spoiler]Any leaks on whether we get to see margots soles?[/spoiler]

I don't think anyone "misses" Harvey Weinstein but in a roundabout way it's an interesting observation. There's been speculation that Weinstein helped temper Tarantino's more indulgent artistic whims but more importantly Weinstein was an expert marketer. 'The Hateful 8' was a misfire, this writer/director's first since the anomaly 'Grindhouse,' but Weinstein was still able to eek out a decent tally from what was essentially an ensemble better suited for the stage than the screen.

'Once Upon a Time' is a different ballgame entirely. The budget was rumored to be even more than reported. Sony's regime needs a big hit, and you'll already notice today that to save face they're touting the pretty solid 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' crossing $1 billion worldwide. Indeed it is the first "Web-slinger" outing to ever do so. But with Brad Pitt and DiCaprio pairing for the first time ever not to mention Robbie who is hot as they come off Suicide Squad, this should have easily, easily, crossed $150-170 million domestic.

I'd pay to see Weinstein reacting to these early figures, and I'd wager he still keeps frequent tabs. Once you're a player in the box office world it's impossible to stay away from the action.

I could barely find a showing in my area for tomorrow night. Only shitty seats were left. Seems like you’re full of shit.

apparently they all get together and kill the manson family

FYI sometimes people are serious. A few times i've posted what I've heard and found out but obviously nobody will believe me. I just do it anyway. Jamie Fox fucking Jada Smith while people watched at a party is one.

Well said. Although no one predicted this was going to grestly underperform except for a few of the better trackers, one of with which I'm professionally associated.

Wait snoy is the studio behind this? I can’t give them money because they censored my anime sex games

And Tate survives? Sounds gay as fuck

You should get a trip so I can look up your threads in the archives.

Yes, it's been marketed for well over a year as being Pulp Fiction meets the Manson Family. It certainly...isn't that. And in all likelihood this was better suited for streaming then theaters. Exhibitors simply cannot risk alienating general audiences with bait-and-switch product, not when there's so much competition for eyeballs in the marketplace.

Why Sony have all these flop movies? They know what to do with Playstation.

yeah, the plot is literally on wikipedia dude

Cure herpes

"nobody’s interested in a film like this with no sex appeal"
This is a very savvy point, and it will hurt the film. Robbie doesn't have a romantic subplot, as many have been mislead to believe.

I'm tempted to go watch it, but I know its just going to be longwinded retarded dialog scenes and no story. It sounds more like torture than a pleasurable movie going experience. I just don't want to go. God no. No. No. Not going.

So it's a bait and switch where they pretended there's this "epic badass plot" in prerelease but it's actually one of those director masturbatory flicks where said director spent the studio's money to make a fanfiction involving his favored actors sitting/driving around talking about nothing for a few hours?

Incorrect, it released today. And just FYI, studios release films earlier in certain test markets to gauge early turnout figures, demographics, and Cinema Scores. It's easy to extrapolate from there. You'd be surprised.

That makes me want to see it more. Fuck normies.

How much of Margot Robbie's feet do we see???

Attached: OUATIH.png (1919x808, 1.33M)

>i will definitely pirate it in a few months
You're part of the problem, and unfortunately the industry hasn't found an ideal solution.

The solution is easy. Make stuff that is worth paying for and decrease the prices.

They really put in the effort

Where is ol harv nowadays?

>industry hasn't found an ideal solution. The solution is lower ticket prices instead of forcing people to amputate their left nut just so they can watch a movie.

So far it’s rated 9.4 out of 10 on IMDb. Higher than everyone’s favorite capeshit movie

sounds like kino to me

Audiences are braindead retards, all we gave now is capeshit and live action disney remakes

Hollywood hasn't released a non-capeshit blockbuster in almost a decade. It's actually amazing, there's an entire generation of people working in this business that have known and done nothing but capeshit projects. Going to be crazy when this balloon finally deflates.

Yeah, Leo and Pitt and are looking old and if Robbie’s not slutting it up in face paint or lingerie, what’s the point?

Well, how long did Westerns dominate? About 40 years? That would mean we are halfway there.

i wanna fuck suri so bad

>It was marketing and promoted as another Pulp Fiction
How so?

Exactly. who wants to see such fairy tale bullshit? Should end with her being gutted just how it happened. No wonder it's going to fail.

>rapist-apologist's movie is flopping
god is so good

Genuine question: how the fuck do you spend $300 million on marketing? Especially in a world where you can make a film with Brad Pitt and Leo DiCaprio for $100 million?

>Hollywood hasn't released a non-capeshit blockbuster in almost a decade.
The Lion King came out last week

How many of you shills got fired when Aquaman made more than Captain Marvel?

The Mouse is its own Kingdom and you know that.

As you may or may not know Sony Picture's Amy Pascal resigned in 2015 followinhg the "Sony email leaks" which did the studio no favors. There was a shakeup. CEO Michael Lynton resigned in 2017. Current chairman Tom Rothman is steering the ship, smart veteran, but he offered Tarantino the silver platter. Not only did Tarantino get the huge budget requested, his deal is beyond generous, with big net points and an unprecedented agreement to receive copyright rights in a decade.

Tarantino was a vanity grab for Sony Pictures, not unlike the James Bond IP, but unfortunately Tarantino doesn't put up Bond-like numbers without a clear concept.

Westerns are actually good and lot of them have unique style and personality.

Tarantino is an overrated hack from the 90s sure but his films were at least creative and fun. this one seems just uninteresting.

>brad pitt
>dicaprio
>tarantino
>flopping

As if.
Dicaprio's name alone made the normie-repellant arthouse Revenant make half a billion.

Leo's aging beautifully. He's come a long way from being a scrawny lanklet.

Wow, that's embarrassing. Great eye.

There's only really three or four western stories when you think on it. That said, I wouldn't mind more stuff like Hell or High Water rather than Black Panther or any DC crap

Okay, Mission Impossible Fallout? Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom? I never watch blockbusters and I can still name a few non-capeshit non-Disney ones. No fucking clue how retarded you'd have to be to think Hollywood hasn't made a non-capeshit blockbuster in a decade? What fucking bathsalts have you been snorting to make your mind melt like that my man

Nearing settlements. Rumored to be another Kevin Spacey situation. He won't serve any real time, is what's being said.

That doesn't matter, it's the style and characters that make westerns good. The Searchers, Stagecoach, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance all 3 are completely different, yet from the same director. All of them better than any capeshit ever released.

I hope it flops

Reservoir dogs
Kill bill
Pulp fiction

Those are his only good movies. Every movie from the past decade has been SJW wet dreams to
Satisfy leftist Hollywood. He sure is a cuck for a guy that has the head shape of moonman. “Nazis bad. Kkk bad. Racists bad.”

We get it, Quinton. You love niggers.

Attached: 7B769184-0ED8-4C6F-B3FB-A559E9AB1D8F.jpg (290x400, 30K)

Lowering ticket prices is being seriously discussed. Disney is also entertaining the idea of raising ticket prices for bigger MCU fare, like an 'Avengers 5.' I predict you'll see lower and more expensive tickets for different strata of product in two or three years.

Yeah, this doesn’t have the action of Kill Bill, the intrigue of Inglourious, or the slickness of Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs. Looks a little meandering and too light on the drama.

Pitt hasn't starred in a cinema movie since 2016 and DiCaprio hasn't been in one since 2015.

>All of them better than any capeshit ever released.
That's a bold claim my man. There are some stinking fucking westerns out there. City Slickers 2. That one with Colin Ferrel as Jesse James.

Has anyone ITT seen it yet? How is it?

What is the next big trend? Mermaid movies? Monster heist movies? Supernatural murder mysteries?

Also, when will the fucking superhero trend end?

independent.ie/entertainment/movies/movie-news/this-is-probably-the-closest-to-pulp-fiction-that-ive-done-tarantino-and-di-caprio-give-details-on-manson-movie-36838585.html

I meant the three that i named.

Michael Madsen, Talk about a one-dimensional actor. He only ever played one role.

>Mermaid movies?

I wish. There's only like 10-20 mermaid movies in all of film history

That’s all he needs to play

Replace Kill Bill with Jackie Brown and you will be correct.
Pitt has a good year. This and Ad Astra are good for him.

Attached: D_r1glEW4AECpJv.jpg (1382x2048, 495K)

I honestly believe that might work. Fast food cinema versus fine dining. Higher ticket prices for higher budgets, lower for smaller. Makes it hard for indie films to compete, though.

The Lighthouse has one.

Attached: D42pH1LUYAA_fWV.jpg (2048x1717, 328K)

Good. Hope he can make movies again.

What are the trackings for Knives Out? What is the opinion in hollywood about Rian Johnson?

>Yea Forums complains about sequels, remakes, and rehashes
>here is something original
>hope it flops to the point of larping
Why?

no shit. where exactly? Chrudim reporting in

Attached: 1377435818332.png (443x376, 7K)

Can you tell Sony not to release the fucking movie a month later in the UK than when it comes out in the US if they're gonna spend $300 million on marketing? Cheers.

Misguided incel rage

Saw it last night.
>Leo gets shitfaced on margaritas and confronts Manson’s children for making noise outside of his house at midnight.
>Manson’s children decide to kill Leo and his Italian wife because they represent “the killers in the media who made them.”
>Leo’s wife goes to sleep while Leo continues binge drinking in his pool out back.
>Brad Pitt, who was walking his pit bull, comes back to Leo’s house and smokes a joint that’s been soaked in acid (established earlier in the story).
>Manson’s children return to Leo’s house and break in with weapons drawn. Brad, who’s high as fuck, throws them off guard by giggling like a girl. Then he commands his pit bull to attack the Manson family member with a gun while Brad brutally murders the others. One Manson family member escapes out back, screaming with a face full of glass and firing around wildly. Leo snaps out of his drunken stupor and burns her alive with the flame thrower he kept as a memento from his WW2 movie. Brad gets shot during the confrontation but survives. Leo goes and talks to all of the original real-life victims of Manson’s attack who are now survivors.

"Well, how long did Westerns dominate? About 40 years? That would mean we are halfway there."
Let me inform you that the superhero market has far more than 20 years left. In all likelihood, Marvel Studios could become a new Disney itself in 30 years. Unlike the Western, the superhero / comic book movie is on a tract with technological advances, whereas the Western was thematically and logistically limited to a vanishing time and setting.

I see this comparison a lot in the business. It's wishful thinking. I understand too that it's a fun visual, but it's apples and oranges, a horse cart and space travel. Like space travel, the super hero movie will always exist but it is synced to technological innovation and limitless possibility.

It kind of interesting. Tarantino can't sell his movies without Weinstein. For all that guy's sleazy tactics, he sure could sell a movie.

>killing some bitch with a flamethrower

based

Nail on the head. Tarantino has built a brand on excitement, tension and gunplay, so it's his fault when he swerves and yet expects audiences to follow. Mainly he should not have presented this as a typical "QT" affair. Hurts his brand.

Třinec

I can already tell this is gonna piss some people off.

Well that doesn't sound that great.

>OMG IMAGINE IF TARANTINO MADE AN R RATED STAR TREK!

Attached: 1516318638735.gif (452x371, 59K)

"when will the fucking superhero trend end?"
It won't. See my above post on this subject. If anything Marvel will become a new Disney in thirty years. I don't think people understand just how far into the future Marvel Studios has mapped out. As with box office, analytics and consumer data are changing the business, upending it, and no company in the world has better consumer data than Disney, and Marvel Studios is privy to that.

Asking when Marvel will end its dominance over movie theaters is like asking in the 1950s when will Coca Cola or McDonalds fall aside in popularity.

What is Mayas role? do we see dem tiddies?

Attached: 1563859966969.jpg (750x935, 75K)

not with his buddy weinstein out of the picture

Why doesn't Tate die wtf

post the slides

jesus christ i was under the impression that this was gonna be all about the bianca tate destruction etc

sounds gay

>franchises aren’t the same thing as capeshit!! It’s like totally different!!

The only people who are likely to be really pissed off by this movie are Bruce Lee fans. He’s portrayed as a self-aggrandizing retard who no one takes seriously - and Brad Pitt BTFOs him with minimal effort, after which Bruce denies he lost, even though Brad left a Bruce-Lee-sized indentation horizontally on the side of a car.

I liked Hail Caesar

But what about feet?

>two boring “critically acclaimed” flops with no awards while his career is slowing down is a good thing

She’s one of the Manson children who are supposed to kill Sharon Tate, but after Leo cusses out them for being “goddamn fuckin hippies” she gets cold feet and gets the hell out of there, ditching the rest of the group. She’s covered up the entire time, sorry bro.

They aren't. Capeshit just means superhero blockbusters. Stop being a retard.

I'll let you in on what is coming. Screenings might be incentivized by interactive mobile advertising, where audiences can view a theatrical film for free or very cheaply by viewing/playing interactive advertising on their mobile device ahead of time. I've heard that "tokens" will be allotted via mobile apps and "deposited" at theaters to access theater screenings.

This is also what Netflix is experimenting with but I'm less clear on their plans, as I don't deal in the streaming and SVOD world much.

how many movies will he get off of the one good movie he made in his life?

Plenty of feet. Exclusively belonging to actresses aged 18 - 30 (most of which being Manson’s children). One point Margot takes her shoes off at the cinema and puts her dirty feet up on the seat in front of her. Her soles get a close up.

Lord help us. Bull in a china shop. And probably literally a China "shop." They are more "forgiving" than Hollywood.

What’s the main reason for this, you think? Too niche? Bad marketing? Reviews? Tarantino not a draw anymore?

>He sure is a cuck for a guy that has the head shape of moonman.

Attached: the-superlative-laugh-or-highest-degree-of-laughter-55588151.png (500x743, 227K)

He might get Oscar noms and some awards traction so that's good. Also Ad Astra is being marketed as Interstellar 2 which it is not but it might make some money.

>Bruce Lee
>a self-aggrandizing retard
Well, there’s ONE part of the movie that’s based on facts at least.

I'm also an insider. What most people don't know is that "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" is really just a reworked version of "Kill Bill volume 3" that QT wrote. Also, they digitally edited out all of Arnold Schwarzenegger's scenes at the very last minute before Cannes for unknown reasons. Finally, if you look closely, on one of the TV screens in the movie, you can see a brief glimpse of a sequel to "Reservoir Dogs" playing and, yes... The big reveal is that RD2 will be QT's 10th and final film and it's already done but he's keeping mum about it for now.

Race fag detected, fuck off for not listing Inglorious Bastards

>everyone loves kill nazi movies

based and truthpilled
worth it to make the artfags seethe

He's also portrayed as a badass action hero who fucking REKTS the Manson farm together with Brad, Leo and Sharon Tate.

no Star Trek? I'm actually hyped for that one

U just named 2 shitty sequels you normie cuck

Nope. The only other thing you see him do than get his shit pushed in by Brad is teaching Sharon Tate some rudimentary Kung Fu on the set of a Dean Martin movie.

"tracking for Knives Out"
A lot to be desired. It's tracking right now a little better than 'Logan Lucky' which also costarred Daniel Craig. Again this is another film without a clear, exciting, sticky concept for general audiences to grasp and celebrate on social media. I also think the title is a bad choice, because we know general audiences are becoming more sensitive to aggressive titles. For instance, if 'John Wick' were originally titled 'Guns Out' I doubt it would become a franchise. Females are especially averse to these titles.

A bit early, but I'd bet on $40-50 million, final domestic gross, a little better internationally, for $140-170 million worldwide. Rian Johnson directed a $1 billion grosser, so Hollywood will always leave a seat out for him, and Disney is fond of him. (No, I didn't like 'The Last Jedi' lol. But Disney is course correcting fast from what I hear. Jon Favreau's series is said to deliver.)

$0 < less $s
0 effort < the miniscule effort of going to a theatre

So they dont team up with bruce lee?

That’s interesting but could just be a barrier for people that want to go. They could get tired of always having to get tokens and just stay at home. They need a reason to go out and see a movie in a theatre. Theaters need to realize that they need the customers, not the other way around. People need a reason to go somewhere for just a movie. Think about the glamorous movie palaces of the ‘20s. Quit trying to cheapen the experience.

Like this Quibi service that’s coming out. If everyone can just watch a movie on their phone, why would they bother even getting a token, to travel to a theatre, to sit in the dark with no ability to pause or be as comfortable as they want. Not that I think Quibi is going to be a success. Trying to monetize and market mobile viewing will never work.

Tell me about CATS. Do furries have a chance?

To each his own. I didn't give my opinion, and while it was indulgent I did find humor in its near slapstick parody of Hollywood and Communism. That said, it's bad for the business when films are promoted as satisfying star vehicles and then offer up a product for a nice pallete.

>Has anyone seen the film yet?
I loved it. It's basically a movie without anything flashy or crazy happening, and mainly just characters sitting and talking with classic tarantino dialogue
I'd say if you enjoyed Death Proof or hateful 8, you'll enjoy it
could definitely see this movie being a sleeper hit where people hate it at first and say it's boring but a year or 2 down the road people start talking about how much they love it

>The big reveal is that RD2 will be QT's 10th and final film
Makes sense

>I'd say if you enjoyed Death Proof or hateful 8, you'll enjoy it
Oh no Nevermind. Not paying to see this shit

hey user , do u have camrip torrent of this movie?

>Jamie Fox fucking Jada Smith while people watched at a party is one.
Who would want to fuck Jada or worse, watch her being fucked?

Care to give me some spoilers? The film is going to re-write instead of re-enact the Manson murders right? Kind of like killing Hitler in Inglorious Basterds

Who, Tarantino? Well he's had a full career, at the very top. And he's said retirement looms after 10 films, not including a proposed 'Star Trek' which I wager will happen, and be put on the fast track once box office numbers go online for his latest. In fact I wouldn't discount that Tarantino is taking on 'Star Trek' to boost his box office reputation, which will allow him to direct further vanity projects.

I'd wager Tarantino directs another five films in his lifetime. Directors never retire, they are forced to softly resign. And he will never be in that position.

>Leo's aging beautifully.
he looks like a bearded toddler. he peaked 25 years ago

No. Bruce Lee is in the movie for a total of three minutes or so. He isn’t in the third act at all.

Except for that spy shit that he has planned what is he making next?
Also what about PTA? What's his next film?

>What most people don't know is that "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" is really just a reworked version of "Kill Bill volume 3" that QT wrote.
The timelines of The Bride and Dalton do not add up.

see
Brad Pitt and Leo DiCaprio basically save the day without realizing it, while at the same time being astoundingly high and drunk.

>not to mention Robbie who is hot as they come off Suicide Squad
a 3 year old movie that was hated by fans and critics alike. is this how you define hot as they come?

'Star Trek' is happening, and look for an announcement next month after 'Hollywood' underperforms. Tarantino will bank on a big grosser to recover a bit from two financial disappointments in a row.

it's coming out on thanksgiving with virtually no competition so it's got that going for it.

My girlfriend and I have today off work and wanted to see an early showing. Earliest availability everywhere is 4pm. Fuck that noise. I blame Lion King's fatass hogging up all the theaters.

>Replace Kill Bill with Jackie Brown
No

Marketing is one of the most bloated, mismanaged departments of any given company with a retardedly large discrepancy in what value they actually bring to the company compared to what they cost and demand. Those hundreds of millions of dollars go towards Marketing Ho's who sit around their little brainstorming tables and come up with shitty ideas about how to do customer outreach and customer "research" where they basically browse social media and look at what's "hip" with the kids these days.

You could lay off 80% of a marketing department and the same amount of work would get done. Bunch of bullshit.

Yes
What's up with Paul Thomas Anderson?

What happens to Manson himself? He wasn't at Tate's house irl

"They could get tired of always having to get tokens and just stay at home."
I have to disagree. In fact a many mobile games are actually data mining to erect this "app token" based advertising economy. It plays into the gamification of commerce. I mean, you're on a website that uses Google's Captcha system just to post a few sentences. Captcha is gamification. So the average person, especially under 35, is very willing to "play" interactive advertising for a reward in the real world. Even if it's just a discounted tickets or free popcorn. The app reward incentive is highly psychological and you'll see it everywhere in a decade.

"Think about the glamorous movie palaces of the ‘20s. Quit trying to cheapen the experience."
Well Drafthouse cinemas and other chains are doing just this.

How did lost city of Z do?

Plebs love it

He’s only in the movie for one scene, and has like three lines. Doesn’t really do anything, other than looking creepy.

Tracking for $120 million domestic(at). Could go slightly higher or lower. Very exotic picture to track. Strong IP. Socially active cast. But social media chatter is decidedly...catty. And yet the stage show is campy so that doesn't necessarily sink it. Marketing push and social traction are too robust for it to outright bomb though. Worldwide is healthy. Could surprise and breakout internationally like 'The Greatest Showman.'

using quotes to quote 160 posts into a thread full of people doing it the idiomatic ways feels a bit forced and fakepilled

That was released in April without a big studio like Disney pushing it. This already has 2 trailer and 3 tv spots out. Allegedly it is Pitt's best performance. Even if he doesn't get nominated for Ad Astra because it's sci fi, it might help to win for OUTIH.

>ways
*way

That's a shame. Him getting killed would have been the ultimate catharsis. Still sounds like a fun finale though, I can't wait to see Leo go nuts with a flame thrower.

t. faggot

Is Sony going to sell Spider-Man back to Disney to make up all the lost profits they make on literally everything not Spider-Man, or are they banking on Jumanji to keep them circling the drain another year?

How is Maleficent 2 tracking?

I read that as
>The big reveal is that R2D2 will be in QT's 10th and final film.
Time for bed.

Sony finds ways to outdo itself in terms of incompetence. If you can't market a fucking Tarantino movie, god help you.

Good night user

>Amy Pascal resigned in 2015
uhhhh
m.imdb.com/name/nm1166871/filmotype/producer?ref_=m_nmfm_1

I can confirm my main theatre is probably the biggest in the Greater Toronto area and there are maybe 10% advance tickets sold for this weekend.

I sure shit ain't watching another Hail Caesar.

>catty
you get paid for this kind of jokes, dont you?

Attached: ohyou.jpg (400x400, 88K)

Aren't movie theaters just dying in general? If it's not blockbuster people don't see it. It's weird how capeshit is the only thing keeping cinemas alive while simultaneously being the reason why they're dying.

Eh, feminists and nu-males will complain about the violence against women and how most of the female characters have no redeeming qualities. They did it with Hateful Eight and Daisy is literally the antagonist.

how much does hollywood hate Netflix?

Attached: Dzik1KUXgAIowpS.jpg (1080x1090, 138K)

I have zero interest towards this movie

It's pretty niche. Zoomers don't even know who Charles Manson is or half of the films and events referenced in the film. They also, along with minorities and women, don't give a fuck about old Hollywood or spaghetti westerns or bygone naval-gazing. The audience is fairly specific.

Let’s not forget his movie was initially considered a flop but now it’s been preserved by the national film registry for its cultural significance.
BO does not determine a film’s worth.

Attached: D63EF43F-F643-42A4-AC25-946751139B51.jpg (1199x613, 125K)

How is the buzz around Uncut Gems? Better than Good Time?

Attached: 1zptlkx.jpg (680x285, 33K)

I exclusively watch 40s/50s film noir, 60s/70s Eurotrash , old martial arts films and depressive as shit Euroarthouse dramas.
I genuinely do not care about modern American mainstream cinema.

I fucking hate Ireland so much, completely and utterly useless at releasing films in cinemas.

Can Tarantinofags confirm if it's a good movie or it's his second bad movie? Fuck Death Proof, what a fucking shitty movie!

Attached: 180Rule.jpg (1904x1149, 153K)

Has quite a bit of buzz going into TIFF.

"Except for that spy shit that he has planned what is he making next?"

'Star Trek' - drugs said to figure into plot

An untitled Israeli spy thriller (more Len Deighton international flare than a political 'Munich' but definitely pro-Jewish State, where he now resides)

'Bounty Law' series may actually happen at Netflix, if they pony up a huge payday and right now their stock is in the cave, so it's possible, but 'Hollywood' isn't setting box office on fire. I'd wager Tarantino made the 'Bounty Law' pitch public to test Netflix's loyalty and admiration, he tested Sony in a very similar manner and they gave him the world. If Netflix bites, I'd bet Tarantino does another project there, a loophole in his "retirement" plan

The rest is fun speculation based on little tidbits unrelated to work. 'Kill Bill 3' isn't happening in the foreseeable future, although there have been huge bids floated to him. He's had renewed talks with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Stallone, separately and unrelated. Another user here mentioned Schwarzenegger being in his latest? News to me but found that curious.

His talks with JJ Abrams are ongoing and not limited to 'Star Trek.' In fact, it sounds like Tarantino could detour into more blockbusters. Watch for more news on JJ's deal at Warner, and watch for any new Warner rumors this year about Tom Cruise. JJ and Tarantino are very close now. People complain "box office who cares?" are ignorant because 'Hollywood' underperforming could actually change Tarantino's lineup considerably. And again, he's not retiring. He might be "detouring" for fun and bigger money.

"PTA? What's his next film?"
Haven't heard anything except that it's likely a musical.

Well, it's doing Telluride too. I just don't understand why isn't it in Venice. Based Sandler needs that Volpi Cup.

Attached: 62633.jpg (675x1024, 253K)

Modern normies are a curse and poison, because they have no interests/don't care about cinema/have no content as human beings they'll whine whenever anything isn't completely bottom of the barrel.

Fixed

Attached: 1564091079681.jpg (1904x1149, 192K)

Harley Quinn is one of the bigger cinematic icons and Halloween costumes in recent movie history. The fact it's been three years only proves the cultural footprint.

based original thinker

Easy: OP is full of shit, tards.

Good i'm glad because it's literally a dishonest movie and the actors and actresses involved should be embarassed

brad pitt gets a passed because he's just fucking brad pitt

Funny, and you can wager that Sony Pictures' marketing dept has one helluva Monday morning. They will take the brunt, and Tarantino will never be back unless Tom Rothman commits financial seppuku.

I only care about the Box office if it's a film that I want sequels for. I don't care if this movie makes $10 as long as it's good

Give birth

>implying cuckatino shit is cinema

"What's up with Paul Thomas Anderson?"
Answered above, a "musical" is said to be in the works but not much info.

Now spoil the whole Uncut Gems for me and send me a screener.

I imagine like a eyes wide shut party?

After receiving his Oscar he lost his "appeal" so to say.

Just like Emma Stone and Jlaw, wait they never had appeal beforehand either

>2h 41m
no.
Pirating this one.

Attached: cantwakeup.png (1281x1061, 812K)

Another monster, surprisingly. As big as the first, probably bigger all said and done. And it's why Marvel Studios signed Jolie to an unprecedented contract for 'Eternals.' Far above Brie Larson or Natalie Portman.

She resigned as Chairwoman, she kept her Spider-Man Universe IP as part of the deal.

As someone in advertising, if you fired 80%, we'd probably get more productive.

Interesting, thanks.

>another monster
but the first malificent didn't even do 900 million it was shit

Ha, well good puns and box office go together like Tarantino and feet.

What movie will win the december box office? Star Wars? Jumanji? will that Sam Mendes' WWI movie do good?

All they had to do was move that curtain a few inches

Star Wars obviously

>miss this jew rigging the oscars
Nope

Don't care how well it does

Just sad the movie sounds and looks shitty since Tarantino historically has guaranteed at least a 7.6/10

Hahahahahahahahahahaha dishonest trash

Hollywood is too occupied with Disney's unexpected total dominance to be concerned about Netflix. And Netflix is being taken down a peg by Disney and telecoms. Netflix is vulnerable, Disney is something else entirely.

But Jumanji 2 made $1B out of nowhere. Is Star Wars fatigue a Yea Forums meme?

solo underperforming was no meme

Yea Forumsedditor post
And Rian Johnson's the last jedi made $1.5 Billion while simultaneously telling half of the braindead star wars fans to fuck off.

They are going to flock to JJ Abrams latest flick

Nobody wanted manlet solo to begin with Ron

Its sold out around me, but only on smaller screens because Disney is filling most theaters with their cg trash

I don't pay much attention to theatrical films at this micro level. A24, the company handling it, has had great trouble breaking the $50 million domestic ceiling. There was buzz they were the new Miramax or Blumhouse. I don't see it. I'd wager they get acquired soon. Always interesting though when Sandler puts on shoes to make a movie.

Playstation console are losing money until this year. The pro doubled the time for them to hit a profit.
Most of their games flop.
Spiderman has been the exception.

Sony only makes money off psplus now. Everything else flops

You guys know they had those back then right?

Its not about profit its art!

Imdb means jack shit precisely because its full of capeshitters who rate trash highly and kinos much lower

youtube fags were the ones eating up this trash tarantino movie that is nothing other than pulp fiction 2

They have a new deal with Apple so hopefully they will remain independent. Also what's happening with the new Del Toro flick?

I never said Sony spent $300 million on marketing alone and could care less what you think guy.

Prove it!

I found it interesting to learn Sony has rights to a prequel and sequel for Tarantino's film, but not for any spin-offs.

No they didn't they barely had them in the 90s

Tell him to wait for season 2 of Mindhunter. It's even the same actor playing Manson.

is my boy Shia getting an oscar this year? His weird movie is getting buzz. Or did badmouthing Spielberg sunk his career?

Attached: shia.jpg (1000x563, 482K)

So they spent $210 on marketing? How? Where are the tarintino doritos and dr. pepper? Explain o me. Fucking lying larper.

>With an estimated $300-350
what in the ever living fuck were they smoking? I don't believe these numbers. this isn't some cgi capeshit. it has fuckall for special effects and only two washed up has been hacks for "stars"

>could care less

OP is a larping, nig. Anyone can read some of these claims and know its BS.

hi insider user, let me know if you ever need a fixer/stylist/wardrobe consultant in tokyo

Whats so special about Weinstein marketing?

he still looks like a dick munching, squaking faggot who is trying way too hard to be taken seriously

I read his big interview he did recently, and he's still very interesting, but he's completely disconnected from mainstream desires at this point. It is just him going on and on about forgotten actors from 50s western TV series and stuff like that. It fascinates me to get insights into his thought and creative processes, and it's just a really nice passionate and insightful conversation where he comes off as an eternal student rather than pretentious, and it's always a joy to see him share his enthusiasm for things in ways no one else cares about. He's obviously very sober right now and a bit more wise and relaxed. But it's also obvious there's a disconnect with the contemporary industry.

what did he said about spielberg

he said he only molests white kids

>“You get there, and you realize you’re not meeting the Spielberg you dream of,” LaBeouf says. “You’re meeting a different Spielberg, who is in a different stage in his career. He’s less a director than he is a f–king company.” (Spielberg declined to comment.)

>Spielberg’s sets are very different,” he says. “Everything has been so meticulously planned. You got to get this line out in 37 seconds. You do that for five years, you start to feel like not knowing what you’re doing for a living.”

>“I don’t like the movies that I made with Spielberg,” he says. “The only movie that I liked that we made together was ‘Transformers’ one.”

>“On Indiana Jones, I prepped for a year and a half,” LaBeouf says. “And then the movie comes out, and it’s your fault. That sh-t hurt bad.”

Nothing they just fabricated the figures and the awards.

This. I expected a great take on the Manson story, it’s more like a Starsky and Hutch film going by the trailer. And Margot Robie is way too trashy looking to play the beautiful Tate.

Margot Robbie is an industry whore and oversaturated as can be considering her talent. That's how I immediately knew this production was shit.

I mean I give a shit. Capeshit keeps making a billi and I love it so I know it’s gonna keep being made. Meanwhile your self indulgent muh Hollywood hack shit is gonna make sofa change.

Attached: 247D444F-9D56-4B75-B0C3-9C3A5B01F48F.png (700x700, 352K)

'Episode IX' without any doubt. Disney is smart, as tracking now shows, to reveal nothing this far along. Tracking is improving in the time since the underwhelming, awkward teaser trailer. Of course reviews could decide a difference as great as $300 million in the US alone.

'Jumanji' is tracking slightly behind the first film, which is surprising. This may be a case where the sequel was rushed. Early marketing has failed to convey how the sequel differs both in look and story from The Rock's classic predecessor. That said, it should surpass the original worldwide if not domestic.

'1917' isn't definably on tracking yet, as there's no materials yet. The lack of females in the cast, let alone marquee names, means reviews will need to surpass 'Dunkirk' to come anywhere close to that film's grosses. Bearish.

this is beyond gay if true. history revisionist clown shit like this is what made Inglorious Kikes and Cotton Nigger so incredibly dumb paried with his predictable, piss stale wacky Reddit humor.
Quenchin Fartatino was best when he did original scripts. Not some alternative history grindhouse trash. I wonder what happened to that hack after Kill Bill.
>Brad, who’s high as fuck, throws them off guard by giggling like a girl.
Ripping off Coen's Burn After Reading and not even trying to hide it, eh?

Based

Again, the budget is much higher than the reported $90 million, and that included a tax rebate here in SoCal. The budget is said to be $140 million. Sony had to promise Tarantino the world, and they've overspent with a lavish Cannes premiere that basically lasted the entire festival, a huge Hollywood premiere this week, and primarily an elongated awareness plan in its sixth month. Not only that but contractually Tarantino is getting a huge chunk of the box office, and even has a copyright clause which only a handful of directors like Peter Jackson have asked for and received, all in the billion dollar club, which he is not. This is nowhere near a billion dollar movie, nor did he invest money.

I share your surprise because the marketing campaign has been very weak and unclear with its messaging. Personally I found the posters undercooked, odd for a Tarantino release.

There is only one good scene in the movie, the one in the bar.

i was actually going to see this because of Manson. thanks for clearing that up.

>we gotta make tarantella new movie fail conrades its not woke

Attached: 1536526138868.png (585x565, 255K)

At least with Harley Quinn she isn't trying hard shes mostly being herself that is why I still like her in that.

from Hollywood Reporter today

>Tarantino's ninth film — and the first made without the aid of Harvey Weinstein — is a sizable gamble for Sony, where film studio chairman Tom Rothman is determined to deliver a slate that isn't only peppered by sequels and superheroes, even as his Sony team and Marvel Studios prepare to celebrate Spider-Man: Far From Home crossing $1 billion globally.

>The critically adored Once Upon a Time cost a reported $90 million before marketing, likely making it the filmmaker's most expensive movie to date.

Wew

>white hispandex

Is this clown world?

estimates right now say it's going to make 30 million opening weekend at the low end and up to 50 at the high. i think op might just be a giant lying faggot.

It is, everyone i know is hyped to see it.
OP is part of the woke squad trying to shit on the movie before its out in spite for taratoomba disregard making inserting black and overly competent characters.

t. Lena Dunham fan

obsessed

>Whatever the outcome this weekend, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is almost sure to come in No. 2 behind Disney family powerhouse The Lion King, which debuted to a massive $192 million last weekend. Lion King could easily take in north of $90 million.

>"But I’ll tell you this, you can’t have a more different movie than our movie. And I care much more about weekends two and three than I do about weekend one. We could play all the way in September," says Rothman.

Takeaway points
- "sizeable gamble" = they're worried
- easily Tarantula's most expensive movie
- "whatever the outcome this weekend" = yikes
- won't finish in first, not close
- budget was $90 Million but not counting marketing
- "care more about second weekend than first" = this movie is going to b-o-m-b lmao

With totinoes movies that is, i love them, except jackie brown, that one sucked.

Just saw it. What a weird movie. It was nothing like I expected

>As for Once Upon a Time..., Sony is anticipating a launch around $30 million with industry expectations looking for a debut anywhere from $26-31 million. We aren't currently expecting anything below $30 million, but we also feel it's important to remain cautious when forecasting for this title given the performances we've seen so far this year, even though we are expecting this one to debut a bit higher than expected.
So far they are predicting 32 to 35 million.

Was it good? Might go out to see it tonight.

Look at this snowflake thinking he's special or different for liking Tarantino's kino. With the obligatory meme opinion about Jackie Brown nonetheless.

>Every movie from the past decade has been SJW wet dreams to Satisfy leftist Hollywood. He sure is a cuck for a guy that has the head shape of moonman. “Nazis bad. Kkk bad. Racists bad.”

You nailed it. They even put that scene of "killing Nazis" as they watched a film being made for the trailer for this film, which immediately lost my interest. I had high hopes for this film, but fuck that constant leftist shit.

That scene is a scene from a film they are making. This types of films were typical at the time. Nazi exploitation b movies.

OP said $15-25 million. Company has to make itself look good. Don't want to turn off people on fence

Yes sure but if they are predicting 32 to 35 now, it's possible that the film will make less. I wouldn't be surprised if it completely tanked.

>we also feel it's important to remain cautious when forecasting for this title
This wording is hedging for a big flop. You can tell they're worried.

What I meant. The OP forecast accurate

Ugh, you are everything wrong with everything.

Is it bad writing?

I honestly don’t know. Dicaprio and Pitt were both really good in the film for different reasons but the overall point of the film and pacing left me kinda befuddled. I will say pitts character just being a straight up alpha male was pretty refreshing. I enjoyed it and it didn’t feel as long as it is but I can already see people hating it.

How did the audience react? Bored? Laughing? Any walkouts? If people ask for their money back that's always a bad sign and hilarious

>Sony needed this to gross at least $400 million
What on earth would possess someone to gamble that a Tarantino movie would make $400 million MINIMUM? $100 million would be a bit more sane, but still a gamble.

OP, could you comment on how movies make money? Like I assume that many of the big special effects movies have terrible story lines to make it easier for international audiences to follow.

That part bothered me but for far more autistic reasons.
De Niro specifically says that he watched the films from 35mm prints, and that he watched the TV show episodes from 16mm prints. Yet when we cut away to show the Nazi movie and then the Western show, the movie is grainy as fuck 16mm looking shit and the show is a crystal-clear 35mm Criterion tier transfer.

UGH

Attached: jon-blow.jpg (300x281, 26K)

Laughing during two scenes but I was at a small theatre that only sits like 50 and it was empty except for 10 people. No walkouts. The tarantino comedy is pretty sparse with act containing almost 70% of it.

Maybe they should make a movie accessible to people then. Who fucking cares about Hollywood history

Last act*

>Sony has egg on its face.
And some more when they release the new Charlie's Angels.
Luckily Jumanji will save them

Just saw it as well, probably 30 of us. I really enjoyed it, and everyone else seemed to (The lady in front of me did a weird quiet clap). Some people didn't get the ending, but it was IMO essentially a fairy tale

One chick was bitching about it being misogynistic using talking points from the two anti QT hitpieces that released today.

>Luckily

What is Roman Polanski's role in the movie?

>Killing Nazis is a bad thing

Please stick to far right youtube and stop trying to watch entertainment made for well adjusuted people

someone email me a fandango gift card, so i can see it tonight. Im poorfag as fuck for the next two weeks.

Drive around Sharon Tate a few times and wear a doofy outfit.

If you are watching it for anyone but Pitt/DeCaprio you will be horribly dissapointed because they make up 85% of it (With 10% going to Robbie and the rest of the cast getting 5%)

What's going on with Little Women? It's not at TIFF, not at Venice, no trailer before OUATIH. What's happening? I know there were several screenings, the film should be finished by now.

Cult Classics aren't always popular to the masses take Friday the 13th, Jaws, or Lake Placid

Attached: FB_IMG_1560949665149.jpg (960x949, 34K)

Yeah I got that too from the ending but I thought they should have added more to the last act and cut some of the fat from one of the Tate scenes before the last act.

I'm well aware of that. However, they CHOSE to put that scene in the marketing specifically to show how "woke" they are. I get what they are referencing, but they are patting themselves too hard on the back for it.

>White Hispanic audiences

Attached: 1548422467830.jpg (317x342, 65K)

I don't really see how there's anything to 'get' about the ending considering he did the exact same contrafactual history wish fulfillment thing in Inglourious Basterds
Speaking of which, did anyone catch that Basterds reference in the middle?

Django Unchained grossed 425.4 million USD worldwide. Basterds did nearly $350 million with inflation. Combine that with Pitt and DiCaprio who starred separately in those films.
There's no way this movie makes $100 million in the US, and that will be hard on Tarantino, his first movie without his surrogate father Harvey Weinstein. How badly does he react?

Find love.

No they didn't. They put it there because it looks cool with the flamethrower and shit and because it reminds the viewer that Tarantino directed Inglorious Basterds.

Honestly the movie is the farthest from woke. Pitt's whole purpose is to be a classic style hollywood hero who BTFOs hippies every chance he gets. I am sure his character is to mean something in the subtext but the movie portrays it pretty straight faced

Tfw you get Sony to pay $200mil to subsidize your foot fetish collection with 25-30 year old actresses

Attached: qt.jpg (681x383, 28K)

>You should get a trip so I can look up your threads in the archives.

t. gullible Reddit fanboy

Пoлeзный идиoт!!!!!

Attached: lenny.jpg (660x851, 50K)

ah... schadenfreude

Attached: merkel.jpg (620x413, 31K)

This message was probably sent from a Tin Foil keyboard

>only sits like 50 and it was empty except for 10 people
Wow, I remember seeing Django and it was packed at the opening matinee. That was a horrible audience, just loud people and it smelled weird like a pineapple toilet.

>post the slides
I need to find more of these and convert them to jpgs

Attached: sony leaks 1501694174888.jpg (850x558, 99K)

The trailers for this film were the worst thing I've ever seen. Completely directionless, tells you nothing about the film's premise.
People often complain about showing too much in the trailer but not showing anything is also a grave mistake

Yeah it just full of elderly couples and some high school dude whose girl was complaining not getting the movie after it was over.

also Pascal's emails

Attached: Amy Pascal sony pitched a Barbie vs He-Man 1501680336788.jpg (940x635, 306K)

Typical jew in the b.g. who eerily seems to know what will transpire without saying anything

You know that description works for the film in some ways also honestly

хep, chuj, cunt

V. true

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford made 15 million at the box office and its one of the best movies of the past 20 years.

Your statistics are irrelevant.

Just not feeling compelled to watch this. Get the feeling that it's Jackie Brown (languid meandering pace focusing on burnouts) crossed with Inglorious Basterds (history revisionism) and all of the reviews seem to indicate that.

Worst thing is that it feels like Tarantula is wallowing in nostalgia for a bygone era of Hollywood. I was hoping for some sort of thematic subtext about old Hollywood coming to an end while a new generation was coming into their own with the Manson Family being the dark undercurrent of that but QT is shallow, and his movies reflect that, so I doubt there's any real depth to this.

Peter Biskind's Easy Riders Raging Bulls is my favorite book (about the collapse of the studio system in the 60's and the rise of New Hollywood i.e. Coppola, Scorsese, Lucas, Spielberg, DePalma etc... who dominated the 70's) and this movie should be porn to me but I need more than endless conversations and references.

Looking back on his filmography, Tarantino just never really had anything to say as a filmmaker. He's the "indie" equivalent of Spielberg, both nebbish nerds raised on TV and movies and have no understanding of real life beyond what they've watched on a screen which is why none of their work ever has the smell of truth to it!!!FACT!!!

youtu.be/xTeI65yrhGw

$300 million according to OP

OP just made a new thread.

Thanks, Marketer!

That's true. Most of great films make shit at box office. Point of this is that Tarantino isn't used to his films flopping and he is one of very few filmmakers who make original big budget films. Well original, i mean he rips off ton of shit but lets call it original.

>This message was probably sent from Sony

Yeah you would be very disappointed

Do you have any idea how stupidly superficial politics in Hollywood is? And how stupid the people running Sony's movie division are?

Attached: sony ppt grownups 2 memes 1448400083991.jpg (1024x570, 174K)

No problem, viewer!

Just wanna say, great threads the last few weeks, OP. Please come back frequently.

Sony wouldn't bother having people come on here... would they?

Attached: Amy Pascal sony 1501719858819.png (1871x348, 78K)

You wanted the 18-35 demo so you make a movie about something only their grandparents care about?

Once upon a time in New York about leo and Pitt stopping 9/11 would have been a much better idea because the under 40 might know WTF is going on

>these threads
>literally always wrong.

Hi Sony!

So few people care Reddit didnt even make a thread for its release

Can anyone confirm? Sounds like fan faction.