Baby Driver

God this movie is fucking good

Attached: share.jpg (1200x630, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QlTzGeZTwtw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don’t use the term “reddit” often when describing movies, but this one definitely qualifies

cringe

Nah it’s just okay. The music stuff is gimmicky and the plot is pretty boring.

i thought it was pretty standard action fare, with basically nothing to make it stand out

Based

I saw it once. And while I did not regret it, I thought that was enough.

I liked it a lot and didn't find it very Reddit. Deadpool and The Martian are pure Redditcore because they either pander to Reddit ideology (ifuckinglovescience) or that hyper ironic fourth wall shit.

Baby Driver is way too genuine.

based

cringe

How was babby formed

Some really superb sound mixing. Most movies don't care much about the mix, so when normies heard this in theater, they thought the movie itself was better. The one exception is Brighton Rock. Terrible choice. What helps the track stand out is a very soft reverb and compression, making the song feel like it's far away in an empty stadium; while it's a neat effect, it's impossibly muddy when you start adding in all the diagetic noise. Not sure how they got all the way through the movie without realize that would be a problem, given out precise (even if shallow) Wright tends to be.

based

I only watch for the girls

Attached: Lily James car.webm (900x650, 2.99M)

Needed at least one more car scene and Jaimie Foxx just really killed the film for me. He's fucking awful.

And a red wrx is sacrilege.

>dadrock le movie

Attached: 10387413416419.png (449x401, 490K)

cringe

>Jaime Foxx is awful
KYS.

Definitely good, good action, great music.

But save for Jon Hamm becoming that bad guy and being a almost unstoppable terminator, the plot was boring and not very memorable at all.

Attached: F48B2CDD-9B66-412B-9F74-54580D335281.jpg (1024x673, 65K)

He just never comes off as authentic and his character in this was edgelord incarnate.

Hot Fuzz is still the best Edgar Wright movie

youtube.com/watch?v=QlTzGeZTwtw
This was kino, i love Jon Hamm

Not that user but I can see what you mean. I did like him in The Kingdom, Any Given Sunday and Ali.

I recently rewatched it by a friend and had the impression that it had been fixed, maybe the sound of my friend's tv or whatever output was selected was very good.
It reminds me how one of the reason I love Fifth Element is because it seems edited by Wright.
Foxx is (in the movie) an irredeemable asshole iin the movie who tries to lightly justify himself, always on the edge and I am fine with it, because those kind of assholes do exist, in my language there are various say we have to describe this sort of behaviour, to have a tail made of hay, bastian contrario and so on.

This reminds me I should watch Pleasantville some day.

based

I thought it was gonna be reddit-the movie, but its actually more like /r9k/-the movie

Attached: 1556763641058.png (368x401, 356K)

Baby Driver shows just how little "craft" counts for. It's amazingly well-made but that's all in service of nothing, and it's all so self-conscious that it becomes about Edgar Wright jerking off in front of the audience. It's incredible to me that the writer/director of Shaun of the Dead could make something so charmless. It's a deeply embarrassing film.

I'll admit it's more miss than hit, but he's done some stuff in which I like him: Collateral, Ray, Jarhead, Miami Vice, Django. And Booty Call. Fuck you I liked it. His comedy sucks but he's a great entertainer. Love listening to his celebrity stories and hearing him on talk- and radioshows.

I can't fucking stand Jamie Foxx in anything he does, he's the same god damn character in everything

Well him and the police constantly being on his tail, on a rewatch feels like a stretch but I think it was done knowingly to add a sense of urgency to the movie and I guess the director never wanted to give the impression that Baby Miles was going to just get away and live on the run. Hamm is under a facade, Spacey is the only one who keeps it straight, in a way his behaviour is while criminal, firm and clear, Hamm didn't have a problem shooting people who looked at his gf the wrong way even if he tried to keep it professional it make sense that he would go nuts when she died.

I would say Hot Fuzz is the best one of the "trilogy", but I never saw Shaun of the dead in the original language.

The character was written fine but he never seemed menacing at all and more like the twisted fucking psychopath meme especially when John Hamm flips his shit in comparison.

I hope he stopped being the prima donna from Miami Vice times (fuck that movie anyway).

I'm glad they were able to get Kevin spacey in this before he was blacklisted

Your friend has probably fiddled with his EQ too much, adding an artificial sharpness, and creating too big a gulf between bass and treble. That's also part of how Bose SoundBars manage to "sound" so good; if you isolate the treble, and put a low pass on it, the bass sounds will have less competition and the whole set up will seem to be better. Don't know that I can agree with your assessment of Fifth Element. Then again, although Wright used to be one of my favorite directors (once was in the second row of an all night marathon of all his work at the Prince Charles in London), I've grown to really dislike fast edits. You can tell, especially watching , that the shot planning was excellent, and it's been edited in a very compelling way; however, this approach to scene construction has started to feel really shallow to me, like it's been stapled together. In Hot Fuzz, it used perfectly to convey the absurdity of country police men yearning for the excitement of a cop film, but in Baby Driver, with it's high gloss and several heaps of sincerity, the style seems to deaden the impact of what are otherwise resounding images.

based

Well I wish I had a more sound knowledge (ah) to understand/appreciate what you are saying, i can't say anything to that.
2) Well try rewatching Fifth Element and see how the sound design just clicks with every scene and I am not just referring to the Opera scene that's one, but it happens very often, for instance when the Shuttle is about to launch too, and so on, I should rewatch it.
3) I am sorry but I just can't see your point of view, I always saw that scene as funny, the choice of the song compared to what happens, I always found that scene to have a funny juxtaposition.
I don't think that Wright should be just coupled to fast edits, when Baby is going to get the Coffee you got a great slow one take scene, with a lovely sound design and in the background the lyrics of the song, I wonder how do you time it right when you can't cut it, seems hard.
Just having fast edits would be a Transformers movie or the Taken fence climbing, is more like accentuating the action.
A marathon of his works sounds like a lot of fun.
You almost make it sound like is a one note rhythm, but that Diner scene takes it real slow.

> Deadpool and The Martian are pure Redditcore because they either pander to Reddit ideology (ifuckinglovescience) or that hyper ironic fourth wall shit.

I am skeptical if you were even born yet when deadpool began breaking the 4th wall.

Attached: Deadpool-28.png (400x377, 334K)

4/10 movie, I didn't see him drive any babies at all.

Am I the only one who thought at first it was going to be a Driver prequel?

What am embarrassingly stupid thing to say

Attached: 2e3f8856dc603c67bd22a8a56c4729ca.jpg (684x566, 56K)

>Jon Bernthal's character says "if you don't see me again, I'm dead" before disappearing for the rest of the movie
Had a hearty laugh when I realized it.

cringe

This movie is hipsterdom distilled to its purest form. This is what Latte drinking yuppi trust fund art school babies """working on their music career""" dream they look like when they walk around with their iPhone (TM) earbuds in their metropolitan area, imagining they are in a music clip while daddy pays the bills.

I'm not even saying it's a badly made movie, but that's what it is. Whatever person made this thinks he's like the protagonist and that that is cool. The score is literally just the Director's playlist and a showcase of all the cool songs he knows.

This is correct.

fpbp

All the bank robbers look like models. Why the fuck do movies do this. Completely kills any sort of realism. Same goes for the women. No women are involved in heists, except olive garden breadstick heists

fpbp
based & redpilled
/thread

Based and cringe.

It's literally the fucking worst movie I've seen the last few years, I couldn't even watch a minute of that autistic faggot

The "reddit" parts didnt bother me, it just felt mediocre after the plot is put into motion

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>yes, the fourth wall has been BROKEN in my manchild cartoon books long before you were alive!

Considering the definition of "reddit" is "fun, entertaining and popular", then yeah, it qualifies.

How is a red WRX sacrilege when it comes factory red?

I was kind of bored, did I just watch it wrong?

based

cringe but redpilled

based and redpilled

>based

Attached: (you).png (506x576, 21K)

Absolutely. All of this dudes movies are the same shit.

>the definition of "reddit" is "fun
Holy fuck get out.

>Acts 1 and 2
Good
>Act 3
Awful.

This movie took a nose dive harder than The Matrix sequels.

>acts

Attached: mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3u2.jpg (453x533, 48K)

>Unironically posting wojaks.
Underage confirmed.

Cringe

Blue pilled but secretly based

>British humour
Cringe

only movie ive ever walked out of. i walked out on the last 20 min

Reddit is the website equivalent of a middle management office meeting

>safe, sterile, boring, controlled, popular, politically correct, passive aggressive, ugly, stupid fun
Oh boy

completely agree, I wish I saw it a 5th time in theaters before it was gone

Based pragnent poster

>Always saw that scene as funny
Exactly, and that's why I've come to sour on Wright a little. With Spaced, Sean of the Dead, and Hot Fuzz, the humor was always front and center, while the sentimentality took a back seat. Interestengly, this allowed what was sincere to remain preserved; the humor was often driven by the failings and idiosyncrasies of the characters, meaning that as they felt humiliation and embarrassment, we could sympathize with them, and the comedic element rendered them extra-human. With Scott Pilgrim, I think Wright made a change in the kinds of stories he tells; as much as Scott is awkward and a lot of humor comes from his faults, Scott is still portrayed as a real hero, one who succeeds not by mere luck or fortune, but by some actual element of will power and skill, no matter how slight. With this small shift, the pastiche of heavy cutting loses some of its charm. So, this scene of Baby Driver is funny, but it seems in an insincere way; it's as though Wright knows it could not be taken seriously without mocking itself at the same time, but the mockery is a false modesty, compared to the earlier vulnerability of Hot Fuzz.

It sucks just as every edgar wright movie

idk bout sacrilidge, but having a getaway vehicle be bright red and a obvious ricer is retarded

It was an avarage okay tier movie. Glad i didnt pay for it and just waited till it was either up for downloads or on netflix

It's stupid. There are no cute, white waitresses in LA and no fucking way would she wait 3 years or whatever it was for him to get out.

>There are no cute, white waitresses in LA

They constantly mention Atlanta throughout the movie

At least Anglos keep their foreskins

larping as an old fag. you really are the scum of the earth

I love this woman. So perfect..

Attached: Dz0WlTlW0AAPKhQ.png (1099x1200, 278K)

Ansel Elgort is relentlessly handsome. I want to hug him relentlessly.

Jamie Foxx just plays Jamie Foxx in every movie he's in. He's the black James Franco.

I see your point and it seems fair, now I'd like to hear the Wright's commentary on that scene, so you think it would have been better if it had been 100% serious? How about as a moment for the audience to relax from one moment of action to another?

I don’t usually say this but Kill yourself