Do I really need to watch this after watching the tv show?

Do I really need to watch this after watching the tv show?

Attached: EoE(1).jpg (1072x1600, 342K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IQrXRBh94IA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What a retarded question, kill yourself.

No, if the last two episodes leave you feeling satisfied, there's no need to watch the movie.

Nah, it sucks.

Attached: 0AD33C1A-511F-400B-AD83-5A6D5D087ACE.jpg (1280x1000, 286K)

>What a retarded question
Explain??

its a better end than the actual last 2 episodes. less pretentious bullshit.

the visuals alone are worth watching it

Yes you idiot

>after
You need to watch this instead of the last 2 episodes.

You didn't even have to see the series, dumbnut. Watching television is not a requirement for live. Well, unless you're a Burger, I guess.

Because its an actual 10/10 movie

>need

100% yes. it is the canon ending to the series. 25/26 are good but are nothing compared to the movie.

It's literally the only truly good thing to come out of the franchise.

Yes. It's literally the end of Evangelion. Not watching it would be like deliberately not watching the finale of any show

This

Ignore this poster. He was dropped on his head as an infant

>trying to discuss EVA on Yea Forums
Lol

google the graph how to watch it properly

No. It's pure cringe for pedophile brainlets. The show is the good part.

so umm... why did the government invade the base? it seemed like all sides wanted to do the same thing in the end, start impact and unite everyone

Attached: 1563993692195.jpg (827x953, 219K)

Don't listen to him, it's kino.

Attached: 1550100421037.jpg (908x912, 235K)

Yes

Wow what a terrible edit

Only the first half.
The second half will ruin everything.

Attached: download (1).jpg (275x183, 7K)

watch kimagure orange road instead

Totally! Visuals are cool and a more round up finish to the story than the Series, though the ending is the same just differently packaged.

But the ending actually gives character development with both Shinji and Asuka overcoming their personality flaws that prevented them from forming meaningful relationships in the choking scene

Some one please redpill me just went through all this shit and now I'm on 1.11 and I'm so lost, and I hate shinji. He's such a fucking bitch. Fuck kawaru, he was totally pointless other than to make Shinji gay asf this shit is lame.

>Just watch the robot fights on YouTube

No, but if you enjoy quality animation, and enjoyed the show, give it a go.

I’m starting to think the Netflix re-release was never a good idea.

No, it's trash. Don't use fancy words in attempt to deny that.

Someone redpill me too, what does the ending mean and how do the characters move on from everything, it seems like the world just ends no matter what.

I watched the oj shit in 480p and I feel cheated out of a really good show.

There are actually 2 endings in EoE and none makes sense.

Wtf I hope 4.44 gives us a relatively realistic ending no thought provoking nonsense.

Brainlet pleb

Rei

Attached: 71FaSG6afOL._SY879_.jpg (437x879, 34K)

Yes, if you liked the show you should
Hurr durr Shinji pussy cause he scared of fighting giant monsters and having the responsibility of the fate of the entire fucking world when he only 14 hurr durr Kaworu is unnecessary even if he is used to show Shinji's will about the human instrumentality project and that's fundamental in EoE hurr durr unnecessary homosexuality even if it's a way to show the interest of an Angel who got the fruit of life for the complexity and the issues of a lifeform who got the fruit of knowledge
Shinji gets how important individuality is to him, Asuka becomes less insecure (that's why she initially was aggressive, you know), Rei fulfills her purpose, Gendo understands that he pursued his dream of becoming one with Yui while ignoring her will and bounding her to suffer, Misato accepted Kaji's death and got that she had to worry about who was alive, Ritsuko understood that she trusted the wrong person, and, no matter what, the world doesn't end. It just changes. Dunno, looks pretty inconcludent to me
What

I feel a lot of that come together I'm the end, but it feels like we could have solved those things without the instrumentality bringing everyone together in a ball of collective slime using a giant girl that was what? Nothing is explained and it breaks physics into pieces.

>Do I really have to watch kino?
Yes, yes you do.

youtu.be/IQrXRBh94IA

i dont get it user

Wait when did Kaji die? Do they ever show who killed him?

Not him, but I guess he's talking about the constant waifu wars. Weebs are fucking pathetic.

kek

Even magic breaks physics into pieces, but I don't think you complain for every single fantasy movie/show/book/game. Evangelion is not pure sci-fi nor realistic, I think that's clear to everyone who saw it. It can go against any natural law. The instrumentality is necessary to express the importance of individuality because literally the best way to show how something is important is to show what happens if you remove it. The ball of goo and other things are just visual parts, but hey, why shouldn't they be there? It's the same as robot fights: not strictly necessary, but cool.
Yes, a lot of that comes up in EoE, and that's why I recommend to see it. About the "nothing is explained" I kinda agree. Even tho many parts of the plot are comprehensible and can give you a general idea of what's going on, to fully understand it you need to look at the spin-off videogames (or read about them)

They never directly show that, but Misato makes it clear

Also (forgot to include this) who killed him is SEELE. He knew too much, and in fact he revealed to Misato that what's in the Central Dogma is Lilith and not Adam

t. autist who can't into imagination.

>skipping out on one of the best movies ever made

Attached: asuka7.jpg (960x720, 105K)

i enjoyed both the last 2 eps and the movie

Attached: neonsigngeneticanalysis.png (330x488, 195K)

Turn off Netflix lil zoom zoom and watch a true anime kino

Attached: CvpqlyQXEAAuqda.jpg (1200x675, 123K)

>jacks off over a comatose body
Woah... so this is true art...

>jack off over a comatose body
Woah, this is clearly a bad movie and what I just saw has no meaning and no purpose aside pleasing weebs

yes watch it right away, the same evening if possible. not a meme answer.

You have to ask? Disgusting.

Attached: 4DE4794A-D1B3-4CD8-AACE-8A8700A022B3.jpg (781x395, 63K)

Prove me wrong. Explain how that scene adds anything to the overall film besides "WOAH SHINJI IS FUCKED UP XD"

>Was satisfied with the last two episodes
Don't even bother watching them

Literally just finished the show for the first time today, haven't seen the movie. Was pure kino, can't believe the last two episodes were literally an animated stageplay, but it was great. I don't know what to say.

It shows all the sexual tension that built in months (unironically important to understand how much he liked the fights with Asuka), and also how fragile his psychology is. He literally decided to grab his dick and cum watching a comatose girl. You even see that he locked the door, so he was fully aware of his decision. And later you see that he knows perfectly that he did something disgusting, and that's why he can't even go and help Asuka when she's fighting against the MP Evas. That's not being fucked up, that's being desperate and fragile

So Asuka really tried to kill herself huh

What's all this gay other shit beyond EoE? 3.0+1.0?

Rebuilds. Three movies, the fourth will be aired in 2020 (maybe). They're a reboot or, most likely, a sequel of NGE

EoE is unironically the best part of Eva. Why the fuck WOULDN'T you watch it?

Life is always worth living, even if it seems like shit. You just have to get your shit together to go on. Everything is better than not existing at all. There's almost always a way for you to go on and to better yourself. You might get depressed and you feel like you should just kill yourself to end it all and you feel like that many, many times, it all returns to nothing, it just keeps tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down, but just try to make the best out of it. Try to connect to other people, don't let them down.

The only bit of Eva you should skip if you aren't a diehard is Death & Rebirth and maybe the directors cut.

I'm still on the fence about the Rebuilds, since its clear that they will not be completed in my lifetime.

>EVA? Shinji-kun I thought you meant IV!

It’s like watching the Steins Gate movie. The series is a full and complete story, only watch the movie if you really like the characters