Earthbenders! Your element is all around you!

Earthbenders! Your element is all around you!

Attached: theovotarrroong.png (1145x543, 986K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vdw6YmO8q_k?t=647
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baguazhang
youtube.com/watch?v=4BZunw9IBos
youtube.com/watch?v=EkIr7Wqr5FU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just remembered this scene. Must have seen this movie when I was 8 or something

I liked that movie and i would have loved to see the sequels but it got goddamn awful imdb scores.

Never saw the original animated series though.

I feel this must be bait.

post the slow moving pebble

EXCITING BENDING ACTION

Attached: bending.webm (748x352, 738K)

They were bringing down the big wall they put up.
That one rock was thrown by that one bender.

Yet it looks ridiculous. That's bad filmmaking.

How did the girl developed?
Was kinda cute.

No shit, at least this made sense when they were on some metal rig in the sea, not when they're literally surrounded by rocks and soil

is it possible to make this a good movie without being 6 hours and costing a trillion dollars?

Oof

>earthbender cope

micheal jackson thriller creep is the best part

Famous white inuits Soaka and Katara

kill yourself back to r*ddit

maybe but even if you could why bother. the animated series is perfectly fine by itself, we dont need this

Well...

Attached: 27578360_846492538866061_9019912516850941952_n.jpg (750x750, 185K)

the Fire Nation attacked

Attached: 27893408_1894746473882297_8167475733250179072_n.jpg (1080x1080, 270K)

i guess they just pump em out of a factory

Attached: 1545345026471.jpg (2302x2944, 1.86M)

Underagedb&
Wait... no... i can't be that old...

This movie should be memed to death on Yea Forums, it's a goldemine of idiocy and ridiculous lines

Attached: xkdsv3cf3ircgzl3lnou.webm (960x540, 1.15M)

Nah they pump the lips

I never actually watched this movie until about a month ago when I found it on one of the streaming services. I made it up to this scene before I switched it off.

it was already down. also why?

you missed some hilarious shit

The Avatar would have to be an airbender. Are you an airbender boooy!?

What went wrong with this movie?

An extremely shallow interpretation of the show where only the aesthetic was taken and not anything meaningful.

Attached: 1440505017239.webm (622x408, 776K)

Also horrible race bender

m. night is a fucking retard

Here's your Katara bro

Attached: Film_-_Katara_headshot.png (400x362, 192K)

>only the aesthetic was taken
was it?

Attached: Film_-_Katara_and_Sokka_in_the_forest.png (450x478, 402K)

Are youuuutheOvatarrrrOong?

Can't unsee this

Attached: 1551512202962.jpg (484x605, 17K)

>they changed Katara/Sokka from brown to white and Zuko from light-skinned to a Pajeet
Were they being racist intentionally when they made that casting choice?

Actually the real reason that happened was Nicola Peltz was basically forced on M Night as a casting choice (her daddy is a billionaire), which forced them to have a white Sokka too, you might notice in the Water Tribe scenes Katara and Sokka are the only white actors, the others are actually Inuits. Originally they had a white actor for Zuko cast but once they were race lifting the entire cast to white they noticed this looks dodgy and cast Dev Patel (which of course meant the entire Fire Nation had to be brown skinned now too).
Thanks Mr. Peltz. Of course not a single member of the cast was ever going to be Asian in the first place so that's its own set of problems.

America was a mistake.
I blame you Portugal!
Learn to fucking navigate.

it's to embarassing to even make fun of

Something seems different about Azula but I can't put my finger on it.

Attached: f3ba092f3fd22c664bce5d76ca17ebdd.jpg (662x485, 31K)

Did she grow up ugly?

They are currently forced Son of the Mask into being a meme on Yea Forums, which is a literal 0/10 movie.

Where did it all go wrong with western culture?

Attached: ash.jpg (299x168, 8K)

>her daddy is a billionaire
Figures.

Sokka looked kinda decent. Katara was really bad though.

The most amazing thing about this is that suddenly everyone if a fucking anime nerd knowing what's wrong with this scene, when in reality you are a hopeless fucking loser if you even heard about this franchise before the movie. Lol.

He got her roles in Transformers and Bates Motel too. She was so godawful in Bates Motel the writers kept finding reasons to write her out for long periods and finally killed her off.
And Bay canned her in the next Transformers sequel in favor of Moner, and the rest is history.

Indian Azula looked alright.

She didn't...

Attached: HTfrt1J.jpg (418x627, 61K)

Sokka was nothing like Sokka. The actor knew it too, he was a fan of the show. But the director kept telling him to be stoic and serious.

Then didn't

Attached: 28751915_551952541839614_2219981050984005632_n.jpg (1080x1080, 251K)

It was a pretty popular children's show

Attached: 1563477286444.jpg (433x427, 86K)

wow thanks sneed you're right

What?

Doesn't make you less of a loser, just even more underaged (in that time point).

Why do that to your lips? Should be common knowledge by now that 9 out of ten surgeries look like shit and the one case where it is done well it will age like shit. What a waste.

:)

I wonder how much of a disaster the Netflix show is going to be. It can't be as bad as the movie but I can't stop imagining black Iroh or something.

Ironically enough the movie did firebending better than the original work, I mean they are benders, they just bend the already existing element to their will, they don't create earth and water out of thin air, where in original cartoon firebenders do exactly that, they produce fire out of nothing.

really dumb because she already had big lips since she was young

Attached: nicola_peltz_a_p.jpg (349x524, 34K)

Could have worked. At least she's hot. Wonder how badly they would have screwed up Ty Lee, Mai and Toph, though.

this is both kino and cringe at the same time

at least it's not a nigger

im still pissed they didnt bring out the real semen demon that azula was. She made me diamonds everytime.

>fucked by jews, you lose

Fire came from the soul dipshit. An irl fire is just a product of combustion, something you can get by ribbing two sticks together. Its retarded, fire nation aint taking over shit if they have to carry tirches everywhere.

She's jewish. Her dad is a billionaire who bought her role, she didn't have to go through the customary casting couch procedures.

>american """"""""cinema"""""

HAHAHAHAHAHA

>yeah well at one point you were less than 18
so this is the mental power of winners

>dead eyes
The jews got to her

Attached: 1498096368140.jpg (1925x2886, 783K)

It's almost like you have less credibility the more recent this point was.

>hold still while I send a rock slowly flying in your direction

Attached: 1515733346681.png (820x858, 576K)

Jews can't get to you if you're already a Jew

the problems with the scene have nothing to do with the show, the scene itself is terribly framed and choreographed

True; America aint taking over shit if they have to carry weapons and supplies everywhere.

>onepiece that rides up so much you can see a girl's pubic 5 o'clock shadow

Attached: 1849121529947.jpg (500x500, 43K)

Attached: 1514505929286.jpg (470x606, 63K)

Based blind user.

Iroh literally makes fire out of nothing in the movie.

trash ass whitewashed movie, people in avatar are asians and natives.

She IS Jewish you idiot

Attached: 22351811_1836755819968942_1796398134868312064_n.jpg (1080x1080, 227K)

Based insecure popular girl poster

That last shot is kino though

Does anyone have the gif of OONG doing airbending for like 10 seconds against a Fire Nation goon 30 feet away who's just like waving his arms around?

Attached: 11-Nicola-Peltz-Nude-Leaked.jpg (1280x1280, 131K)

disgusting cumskin, pigeon shit.

actually it's fucking laughable, as in actually made audiences laugh by how she gets fired into the tree like a sack of potatoes

Yikes, I am glad I never watched this pile of poo

Pure inuit genetics

I mean, yeah, no one's defending the effects or choreography, but the shot composition and aesthetic is on point

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

Ooooooooooh!

>that beach episode
Never has a complete fucking psycho made me get so erect.

It's almost like films are more than just "purdy picture"

something seems a little off

Attached: Sokka_and_Katara.png (333x250, 104K)

YOU DON'T NEED LIVE LIKE THIS!

IMAGINE how much they would have fucked up Toph

We're here for the party, user.

Attached: 1563308294397.jpg (288x479, 41K)

It was already 90% down before the camera panned to them.

why does slamadong hate pocs so much bros? is he alt right?

>It's ok, we locked Magneto in the garage

Attached: 9b703524-f71a-44b6-8e9f-9455dba34f49-81a0947a-5cea-4f2f-a7bf-91f28885d554_RGB_SD._RI_Vzy9xCNfgCx5M5X (640x480, 72K)

WE WUZ IGLOOS N SHIET

shut the fuck up you filthy nigger

wasn't his choice

>make a trilogy with the main villain being a nigger whose superpower is that he's smart
Nah, he's just based

>all those furious and confusing faps

Attached: 1546084318412.jpg (500x501, 41K)

At least she's cute. But has nothing on real Azula.

Attached: Azula (2).jpg (1033x777, 97K)

>live action anime
Why do people do this?

Women’s suffrage

>make brown heroes Katara/Sokka white
>make white villains Zuko/Azula brown
???

they have blue eyes. Non white subhumans can't have blue eyes therefore Katara and Sokka can only be white.

bait

How did Raimi get away with this

Attached: 1532709942067.jpg (2000x3000, 467K)

It's amazing how poorly made this film is. It's not just that it's a rushed short and bad adaptation of a full season with terrible acting, even just basic editing and cinematography blows.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

the Fire Nation are chinks

so why is Azula drawn with white features (and Toph is not, for contrast)

I remember watching promotional material about the movie from the Season 2 DVD's or something and the creators seemed so excited. Nick was advertising it like mad 24/7. It's a little surprising how low budget it seemed in the end.

I'm just here to post my wife

Attached: 61949601_2737345546278923_8656022580928446464_n.jpg (772x960, 155K)

Weak reasoning. Firebenders literally have to carry around constantly burning fires that can be put out by any of the other 3 elements, elements which are much more readily available. This is besides the fact that it takes 9 1/2 years and half a platoon to bend anything in Shyamalanverse.

Yue was hot

Attached: w8wmqlhn55jcloeelsz5.png (1200x675, 996K)

>changed the bending from martial arts that controls an element to doing a dance and then an element moves
Why?

Attached: 1532710592913.jpg (1080x1080, 149K)

>all have black hair
>slanted-ish eyes
>asian architecture, clothes, hairstyles, card games, culture

I hate women.

the show creators cast her actress in Legend of Korra almost like an apology for how shit this film was

Attached: 1595e6aa749d8576655abbf087447621.jpg (736x1103, 127K)

Like Shyamalan had 4 seasons of aource material and he cant even make the fighting style look right. Firebending is force and fury, simple strikes, the fire bender is literally doing air bending moves, swirling and balancing.

Earth Kingdom=China
Fire Nation=Japan
Air Nomads=Tibet

The show whacks you over the head with the parallels over and over, it's not at all subtle.

yet Azula has a narrow pointed nose while Katara/Sokka and Toph are drawn with wider flat noses as Inuits/Asians would have

Attached: 1388038_1403223527896_full.png (470x313, 172K)

and barely any of the moves correspond with what the element does

Sharp features = villain

I'm not baiting. If you want your characters to be shitskins and then cry about white washing they cannot have blue eyes. Thats not how genetics work, blue eyes are a white-only feature

Attached: katarasad.gif (500x376, 490K)

I wonder how much research he did into the real life styles that bending was based on? I remember reading some interesting shit about a while after the show came out, including Toph using a style slightly different from other earthbenders.

that's a straight nose

If you really think about it...Why do women even need money? They use money exclusively to buy products that enhance their attractiveness in order insecure themselves a provider...who gives them money which they then in turn use exclusively to buy products that enhance their attractiveness.

Attached: nigglemethis.gif (500x345, 408K)

>martial arts that controls an element
So dancing that moves an element.

If I recall Earthbending and Firebending are based on two different types of Kung Fu, Waterbending is based on Tai Chi and Airbending is based on another martial arts I can't recall the name of which is all about circling your opponent

I dont even want to know what sick NEXUM type shit she gets into. Every person in this picture looks disgusting.

So how did an all white nation end up with a culture identical to Asia? Why do none of them have a hair shade even slighty lighter than black?

There are non-white people with blue eyes irl

Me on the left

Attached: FsDoBj9.jpg (936x1241, 96K)

youtu.be/vdw6YmO8q_k?t=647

The show already had a ton of research put into the bending. All Shyamalan would have to do is consult them. Hell, they had entire bibles made up describe exactly how the martial arts worked.

No, idiot. In the show, they move their arm in a specific way, the element follows the movement, they're controlling it. In the movie, they do a dance, stop, and then the element just moves in some way.

So you be sayin we wuz whites n shiet?

Attached: images.jpg (189x267, 6K)

Do you have the uncropped version?

cos bad guys

M Night literally cannot handle a big budget. There's a direct correlation between the cost of his movie and how shoddy it is.

He's very obviously baiting, in pretending to not know "water tribe = waterbending = blue eyes cos water", it's the same shit posted a hundred times.

One in a million unicorns maybe, entire ethnicity with skin shit-brown and blue eyes does not exist.

>Airbending is based on another martial arts I can't recall the name of which is all about circling your opponent
UFC?

Purest white genes

Attached: eyes.jpg (760x419, 33K)

Hmm wonder what her generic lineage is.

Man, I remember Avatar made me want to learn martial arts when I was younger.

and water benders are inuits.

yes, this is all pretty heavily implied in the show, going so far as to even being represented by their elements

earth=china=old, consistent, rigid, resilient, strength in sheer mass, amount, stable, etc.

fire=japan=aggressive, militaristic= destructive=glorification of the mercurial warrior, sacrifice in order to win

air=tibetans/shaolin monks= mystical, ephemerate, nomad spirit, weightless spirit

water=inuits=adptable, calm, passive, quiet

Watch katara waterbend in the show, then watch the goofy troop throw a single rock in the movie. Tell me there isnt some cognitive dissonance

Here's your bending bro

Attached: 1564074132594.webm (960x408, 950K)

My favorite moment in Avatar is when Aang hits Zuko with a flying knee

So much better than the anime it's not even funny.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baguazhang

But also water tribe living in polar snow region equals to brown skin? How?

And that saves her from Uncle W cock?

What part of his twirling corresponds with the single basic blast of air at the end?

Correct, Inuits in the polar region have brown skin.

Finns and estonians look like weird mongolian/white mixes and 90% have blue eyes.

Given she's from a multi billionaire father who bought movie roles for her I highly doubt she ever had to lift a finger.

The kid that played Aang was pretty damn talented when it came to martial arts. All they had to do was build on that.

i misjudged this movie. i should have been watching it as a comedy and i probably would have liked it

Attached: 1512873167242.jpg (800x600, 36K)

boy I wonder why waterbenders have blue eyes
or earthbenders have green eyes
or firebenders have red or amber eyes
or airbenders have grey eyes
it's mysterious

Attached: 24.Why-is-blue-ocean-strategy-against-competition.jpg (1200x630, 243K)

>literally stops the flourish to switch feet into another move, making the flourish useless

Shyamalan has the mind of a child. "But it looks cool, so many spins!"

>10 straight seconds of dancing for one tiny move
Show Aang would just, you know, swing his staff and voila, air.

Can't wait for the remake of Avatar where Genderbending uses BJJ moves, dropping on the floor and pulling guard.

A reminder that Shyamalan's idea of the bending was they do twirly movements to "pump up" their chi which then allows them to move an element.

but they don't have round blue eyes

what is that man doing?

Those brazilian genetic experiments to revive Hitler don't count.

That's why he was hired, cos he knew martial arts.

>makes the fire nation Indian out of nowhere
Hmm, I really wonder why M. Night Shyamalan would do that...

Jesus christ, roasties, not even once.

Correct, because they aren't cartoon waterbending people.

>tibetans are nomadic
Sasuga!

Its almost like its a fictionalized universe where people bend the classic elements and having eye color correspond with element potential is a potent thematic tool.

So none of them can be brown or Asian, I agree.

He's trying to firebend, but he has social anxiety so he forgot his dance moves and can only awkwardly shuffle around.

Finns

Water Tribe don't have "round eyes" either, Katara does, because she's young and that's animation, you give the kids big eyes. Ty Lee also has round eyes because she's happy perky girl, while Mai has narrowed eyes because she's dour goth girl.

Attached: Kanna.png (333x250, 109K)

why didn't you save her, Yea Forums?

Come closer, I want to hit you with my sword!

I forgot about her after she was dropped from Transformers in favor of Moner.

Another user explained it. A billionaire forced his (white) daughter on the movie as Katara, so Sokka had to be white too, and to balance that out Shymalan wanted to give an important role to an Indian guy. It just ended up looking really bad because this is pre-redemption Zuko, who's still a bad guy.

Shyamalans vision is easily defeated by a bow and arrow.

and it meant all the Fire Nation had to be brown skinned. Not even Indian, like Ozai's actor is Maori, Iroh's was Middle Eastern I think. Not a great look.

Great, you just admitted that the water tribe is not representative of real world Inuits. Good to know.

I remember they hid this in the trailer too. Like they had shots of Katara waterbending and it seemed like the show, but then you see the movie and they cut out her doing dancing moves for five seconds beforehand.

My sides

Attached: 1528900790524.jpg (228x309, 15K)

Do you suffer from some sort of neurological impairment?

>all that twirling for one little gust that barely knocks the guy over

>and to balance that out Shymalan wanted to give an important role to an Indian guy.
So it really was something that vain, well not as bad as I first thought. Still, since everyone thought that firebenders were the coolest, it seemed pretty sneaky to have them as Indian/brown hodge-podge.

But by making Aang white too, it shows they weren't even trying.

>changing brown goddess Katara
booooo

Attached: 1563405665808.png (640x480, 130K)

But he also made firebenders infinitely lame in the movie

Who else got suckered into the trailer?
youtube.com/watch?v=4BZunw9IBos

Then it is not representative of real world races and you shouldn't be crying about "white washing" characters

>He's making fire out of nothing!

Attached: 1414200488354.webm (960x408, 1.94M)

this

Attached: 578.png (236x350, 72K)

Airbending!

Attached: 1440465920102.webm (960x408, 1.72M)

>Of course not a single member of the cast was ever going to be Asian in the first place so that's its own set of problems.

That's the real stumbling block for any adaptation imo. Even Netflix or Disney wouldn't go all asian, they'd probably make the Fire Nation white and the Water Tribe black. Aang would be a british girl.

a month or so ago my wife and our 12 year old all decided to have a movie night. for some reason she really wanted to watch this one. it was friggin awful. I'd of much rather watched The Pest or Son of Mask than this piece of shit

>Sokka stood up to attention when he saw the Water Princess, he was stiff as a board with his heart throbbing hard

Attached: 1440467291948.webm (960x408, 1.79M)

Waterbending!

Attached: 1440472416054.webm (960x408, 1.46M)

>that penis shaped haircut

ZOOKO!

Attached: 1440472814805.webm (960x408, 787K)

Yue's head looks like a dick

the Fire Nation was already white

Attached: 1563318799144.jpg (960x720, 58K)

what's with the awkward camerawork?

well spotted

>brown eyes
nope

First, white people often have brown eyes, and second, they're amber, for fire.

>(white)
its (((white)))

>Fire villain has fire eyes
Forsooth!

Attached: 4841855-fire11-884.jpg (720x480, 198K)

I want to pump copious ammounts of my semen into that brown braphole

Attached: temp.png (830x932, 863K)

>flings kid to the ground

is she naked

bryke are brainlet hacks, yes. it took korra for people to realize this.

It's a wonderful drinking game
Drink every time:
>Aasif Mandvi mentions a scroll
>the camera is zoomed in close enough to see up actors' nostrils
>words are mispronounced
>a scene has narration
>an action scene slows down and speeds up
>someone finishes their bending
>both cameos appear on screen (M. Night and penis hair)

That fat dude was kinda amazing with his kung fu.

I like how they can't even do this right. Why is he just standing there?

We should have a Yea Forums watch of this movie

>meanwhile show Aang runs in a circle for about 2 seconds and is able to make a tornado strong enough to redirect a boulder the size of a cow

Nothing he does has any correlation with the random tornado.

show me a martial arts where you spin around in place for ten seconds before moving to hit your opponent
oh that's right it doesn't exist because martial arts are supposed to be for FIGHTING and you have to be quick in a fight

Fat people who still have a lot of martial art talent are something else.

I remember when I was a kid and started watching avatar I told my mom that katara was my girlfriend

The show's martial arts consultant even offered to help for the movie and they turned him down. The amount of hubris was incredible

This, and also incest.

Here's your Appa bro

Attached: Appa_roars.jpg (1200x648, 658K)

Here's your fuckin Momo bro

Attached: Film_-_Momo.png (300x335, 108K)

>oh that's right it doesn't exist because martial arts are supposed to be for FIGHTING and you have to be quick in a fight
Go to Asia and check out wushu, some non-sparring variants of tae kwon do, and all the other performance bullshit they have there.

Attached: 1557918720710.jpg (480x360, 23K)

nothing in this screenshot looks remotely real

I've seen a decent number of martial arts experts that look like middle aged alcoholics but can still somehow throw people across a room with a single push

The answer may surprise you.

Attached: image.jpg (316x499, 25K)

>Asami
Huh, the things you learn.

Nailed it

Attached: momo-is-an-incarnation-of-aye-aye-the-lemur-spirit-photo-u1.jpg (650x650, 33K)

Attached: tenor.gif (498x370, 379K)

Still better than the Tuunbaq.

Literally the only touch Shyamalan changed that I liked was Yue's hair turning back to black after she dies in the spirit water

Attached: 010LAR_Seychelle_Gabriel_007.jpg (640x360, 31K)

The Tuunbaq was supposed to look inhuman and creepy.

This movie is a miracle.

The earth dudes get a lot of shit, but the fire guys are just as bad. Their choreography doesn't match what's happening at all. They just do some fightdancing, small pause, fire moves.

And it's nothing like that.

>literally zaboomafoo with fucking bunny ears
I hope he got credited for that role

You're not talking about the cartoon, right? Because all 4 element's martial arts actually ARE based on real life styles.

read better

what the fuck

Attached: 9k=.jpg (190x266, 11K)

You could actually just throw the rock faster and harder

The best part of this movie by far is Aasif Mandvi clearly treating his role like he's doing a Daily Show skit

Attached: 010lar_aasif_mandvi_005.jpg (640x360, 51K)

>That dancing
>That wind blast that stops for no reason once it reaches its target, because that's how wind works
>Bad guy literally waiting his turn like this is a turn based game

lmao, I need to watch this movie

That movie needed Eddie Murphy and Charles Dance.

you forgot the camera wildly lurching to the side like a child with his first camcorder

youtube.com/watch?v=EkIr7Wqr5FU

A whip pan is "wildly lurching to the side" now?

Read better. I'm talking about the movie's firebending.

It is when it misses the "action" and is so zoomed out it wouldn't matter either way.

Yes, Sokka's actor was ten years older than he was supposed to be.

Show did such a good job animating the airbending. Even though it's just air, you could really feel the impact every time it hit something. In the movie it's like they just got a sudden gust of wind in the face.

>tfw no billionaire daughter bimbo gf

that's garbage, fucks with proportions and pattern is ugly as sin, y'all be trippin

korra best brown skin girl. why did they have to make her a lesbian..

Attached: koraa_hnng.jpg (800x553, 106K)

Based and waterpilled.

Attached: Katara smile.jpg (610x615, 71K)

based

Attached: Fire Lord No Homo.png (1033x755, 1.29M)

anyone who criminalizes female same sex relationships is a total fag

Katara best girl. Real Katara not white Katara.

>make her deaf not blind

aka any karate dojo in middle america

cuz slut

>Toph is now male and a 6'6 bodybuilder

bisexual

He’s 17

>Toph is now male and a 6'6 bodybuilder
BASED WHEYFU

Attached: toph-play.png (500x330, 252K)

fucking lethal weapon 5 tier ragdoll

KEK
YEAH JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE HUH?

>tfw no cute fire nation gf

Attached: On-ji 2.jpg (960x720, 114K)

God what a wretched movie.

Attached: 1564074132594.webm (960x408, 950K)

Attached: 1564079129011.webm (960x408, 1.94M)

Attached: 1564079202318.webm (960x408, 1.72M)

Attached: 1564079314526.webm (960x408, 1.79M)

Attached: 1564079353697.webm (960x408, 1.46M)

Attached: 1564079389697.webm (960x408, 787K)

>Gamers, the tools of your liberation are all around you! Rise up!

What did Ong mean by this?

Yue was hot and I stand by that

Attached: yue.jpg (736x1103, 127K)

Are youuuuutheOvatarOong?

Attached: file.png (450x478, 474K)

Fire is just hot gas, they would be inept airbenders if they needed that shit to do anything.

>Mr Aziz is the bad guy

kino

This could have been the next Harry Potter but it somehow turned out like this. Who saw this and thought it was a dynamic action scene.

IF I BEND THE PIZZA ADMIRAL AZIZ IS GONNA FREAK OUT

Race was the least of the movie's problems

The Uhhvatar

no criminalizing hot female same sex relationships is wrong, but fat dyke hambeast relationships should be banned

why are there so many deleted posts? did someone step on the hotpocket again?

Janny got mad at mask threads and banned not just the OPs but everyone in them.

>blue eyes are a white-only feature
so this is the power...of /pol/science...wow...

Attached: blueeyes.jpg (559x640, 64K)

bogged

>tfw you called Mask posters losers once yesterday and now you're proven right
Somebody stop me faggots

Zuzu...

Attached: f3ba092f3fd22c664bce5d76ca17ebdd.jpg (662x485, 31K)

fuck that
it's easily defeated by picking up a rock and throwing it

I never saw the movie or the shows but I nutted a lot to Legend of Korra's porn

what the fuck is this

>America aint taking over shit if they have to carry weapons and supplies everywhere.
Well yes, I mean have you seen Americans? The "weapons and supplies" have to carry them.

Attached: Freedom.webm (854x480, 1.17M)

Attached: Bogdanoff.jpg (960x540, 85K)

Nailed it

Attached: Azula (2).jpg (1033x777, 97K)

Yes just like the dalai lama aang is clearly based off.

>Make white villains Zuko/Azula brown
>Make brown heroes Katara/Sokka white
???

>when in reality you are a hopeless fucking loser if you even heard about this franchise before the movie. Lol.
Kill yourself you faggoty fuck

Attached: 1478981596197.jpg (250x241, 23K)

she looks like she has no fucking idea what she's doing

Is this turn based? why is the bad guys just waiting for the earth fags to make their move

Airbending is primarily based on Baguazhang: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baguazhang

It was also the martial arts of the protagonist in the Jet Li movie: The One.

I didn't go to watch The Last Airbender in movie theaters. I was reading about the controversy from blogsites like racialicious.com, which is no longer around anymore; well I don't think it's around anymore. The only movies I saw in theaters that year were Predators and Inception.

>a group 6 to move a rock that a single person could carry, at a speed slower than what a single person could carry it at

KEK holy fuck

I completely forgot about this.

Why?????

Why don't they just throw a fucking rock instead?

This

He's making fire out of nothing!

Remember Iroh and Zuko were also avid learners of the Water Tribes. Iroh learned how to redirect lightning and Zuko even emulated some of Katara's waterbending moves when they were fighting in the underground catacombs of Ba Sing Se. Adaptability isn't only a trait of the Water Tribes.

Also, why didn't more Air Nomads survive the ethnic cleansing perpetrated by the Fire Nation's Military? When the Air Nomads were being attacked, they should have scattered like leaves in the wind and go into hiding, you know, like a diaspora.

What was his gameplan?

Nicola was so fucking cute in this movie bros. why does every pretty girl have to bog herself?

>my feet hurt
>This yelling is to loud
>I can't even bend
>I just want to go home and look at pictures of Azulas armpits

sneed

Because Western cartoonists can’t draw for shit. But they want the nostalgia shekels a remake of an anime would bring.

Attached: 9BA2A23E-7777-4A5D-9FA2-C4EA24233D26.jpg (1024x576, 93K)

ended up finding a stream recently with both avater shows
tune in during the last half of the last season of the last airbender
saw the pilot of legend of korra and fell asleep for the whole first season(not because of the show tho), watched the last 3 seasons in one sitting

after all that i was like...their powers are basically parlor tricks, they can barely use their elements, always having to move their hands and body, disable that and they are dead. amazed no one ever tried to better their ability so they only use their mind to control the element...except for that one bad guy who learned to fly

i really liked the bloodbending as short lived as it was
metal and lava bending were like upgrades but they never truly used them to their potential

Attached: lia 11122.jpg (774x465, 52K)

I wanted to like this movie because of the animated series but god was it bad. Just a bunch of wooden actors and a production that didn't seem to have any idea what kind of film they were making.

the last jedi energy

Used to not always be like this. What happened

>Any bender in the show would be toast at arms length cuz of jui jitsu dude like...they wouldn't know how to react

Attached: 73458994.png (1279x721, 950K)

Good animation costs money, which rarely is worth the investment. Exact same thing happened with the Japanese equivalent of moeshit.

Attached: 1526839251677.png (626x572, 107K)

I am Prince Zuko ... son of Fire Lord Ozai and heir to the throne! Bring me ... all your elderly!

I think that's specifically they style they teach at the California Berkeley art school. If you look up the artists for modern cartoon shows all of them went there. So I guess if you want to draw for cartoon shows go there but you'll also draw like a complete ass. It's like a Faustian wish.

>Meet Aang in the ice
>Bring him to the village
>Rescue him from Zuko
>Travel with him for weeks to the Air Temple
>Then
>"Can you tell us your name?"

???

I haven't seen the movie, but in these webm clips you guys are putting up, it looks like it takes a couple of martial arts moves in order to use their bending abilities, like they have to do a kata or tae geuk in order to access their bending. However, in the cartoon series, the benders can bend their elements in one or two moves. A firebender can just punch the air and he immediately blasts fire, an earthbender does like one hung gar stomp to lift a portion of the Earth and then another strike (that's two moves) to send that piece of earth flying towards the opponent. Maybe it would make sense for some of the benders to do multiple strikes or a kata/taegeuk (or pumsae, whatever) in order to maybe sort of charge up the attack or to gain momentum for the attack, but the elements need to start appearing from move number one and gain more traction as the other consecutive strikes follow. You all comprehend what I am trying to put into words?

M Night decided instead of them directing the elements with martial arts, they had to do moves to "pump up" their chi before any element would move

I haven't seen the movie, but in these webm clips you guys are putting up, it looks like it takes a couple of martial arts moves in order to use their bending abilities, like they have to do a kata or tae geuk in order to access their bending. However, in the cartoon series, the benders can bend their elements in one or two moves. A firebender can just punch the air and he immediately blasts fire, an earthbender does like one hung gar stomp to lift a portion of the Earth and then another strike (that's two moves) to send that piece of earth flying towards the opponent. Maybe it would make sense for some of the benders to do multiple strikes or a kata/taegeuk (or pumsae, whatever) in order to maybe sort of charge up the attack or to gain momentum for the attack, but the elements need to start appearing from move number one and gain more traction as the other consecutive strikes follow. You all comprehend what I am trying to put into words?

There was more bloodbending in Legend of Korra, it was even used to take away other people's bending abilities.

Oh, okay.

In the movie, Firebenders can't create fire, only bend existing fire. So they all carry around torches and shit. Iroh creates fire like the show at the end but it's implied to be unheard of and everyone is baffled.

Yet instead they end up looking like violent magicians or something.

The director should have just followed the show more closely, as well as split each season into 2 or 3 films instead of cramming the whole season into one movie.

If that's the case, the Fire Nation should have been conquered by the Air Nomads. Did the Fire Nation carry lighters or flamethrowers with them?

That's because the actress didn't.

the blood bending must have been in season one then which i fell asleep to(i had already been up all night so i passed out)

ill have to wait till the show rotates back since its playing dragonball super right now

Look at this shit. This isn't bending. Nothing he does has any correlation with the bending effect that happens

YOU ARE THE OVATAR, ONG

So does she have 2 strands of really long bangs or does she somehow clip the hair from the back of her head to her bangs?

Attached: 1562740436627.jpg (1080x1349, 51K)

fine I can understand aang and the water benders getting white washed,but what the fuck was up with firebenders being poo in the loos

Yeah, it was in season one of Legend of Korra. There was a flashback of Avatar Aang and Commander Toph(?) of the police force capturing a powerful waterbender who was bloodbending. Later in the season, the guy taking away people's bending abilities had to use his waterbending and exposed himself as a bender.

Check the Nickelodeon website, it might have the Legend of Korra episodes still up. I haven't been there for a couple of years, but you can try.

daaaaaamn son who is this

no idea

Attached: katara_s_cleavage_by_mrpotatoparty_daiufyz-pre.jpg (787x1016, 64K)

are you trying to imply the thundercats show was good? shit was boring as hell

Attached: glowing_ass_6776.jpg (799x533, 81K)

They're braids

Attached: DicAlogVsAAhqbN.jpg (960x720, 94K)

im Canadian so i wont even bother trying since i know ill be blocked, usa fucks us over on every american show

don't forget the penis hairstyle of the water tribe princess

Attached: Avatar.jpg (350x320, 35K)

>mods delete all the posts with the most replies
>no reason to read through the thread now

Jannies be like "why so much shit posting?" goddamn they are retarded

Attached: 1562983503808.jpg (630x776, 142K)

Really, that's messed up since a lot of you guys play characters who are Americans of the U.S. Aren't a lot of Hollywood television shows being produced and shot in Canada?

a lot of animator right now are turbo feminists who hate boys. also most of the really great cartoon shows used to be financed with the sales of toys. but sadly toy sales have been going down for years so animation studios no longer can afford to make great action based cartoons anymore.

she was cute from the front

It was a mass ban where they kill literally all your posts in every thread, not just whatever thread they banned you for. Fucking idiots.

Maybe they should make a show they could go fun gundam on and sell model kits instead? I really want a competent Crimson Skies cartoon/anime. If I was an eccentric billionaire I would fund it

Ironically the best market for animation right now is probably the young adult crowd. Kids are too busy playing phone games to give a shit.

>martial arts is dancing!
>actually it's for fighting
>some non-sparring variants of tae kwon do are dancing!
I wonder where retards like this are made.

If you haven't seen this movie, you won't understand, but you really should. You'll never believe how inept and shoddily put together a 150 million dollar movie can be, it's really extraordinary. The most expensive 1st year student film ever.

Seethe more, asshole. I'm both playing a phone game and reading simultaneously.

benus

What video game console are you on? How's the gatling gun?

this film made me miss all the James Cameron's Avatar hype in 2009 because I kept thinking people were talking about the avatar airbender flick

Attached: 426[1].jpg (645x344, 74K)

I discovered a link to this thread in the Great Library.

That boy is insanely handsome.

He's a talented martial artist I hope he keeps getting work as he grows up.

Levi Miller is insanely handsome.

It sucks so bad! I remember as a kid asking my mom how to set an alarm for seven in the morning so I could watch the marathons on nick toons, I was like a ten year old kid setting an alarm just to see the show I loved it that much! The fact that they raped this made me never watch live action remakes ever again. Fuck you M Night

That fact was what made the fire nation believe they were superior

check the old imdb

>It's time we showed the Fire Nation that we believe in our beliefs just as much as they believe in theirs

Deep?

IN LOO

Is M Night a disguised space alien attempting to do impressions of humans?

rest in rip brapposter.

Why not just use traditional weapons? If you have to commit 9 guys to a 10 second dance just to throw a fucking rock you might as well use a crossbow

Hello Soak-a, I am Ong, The OVOtar.

Some of the great monks can meditate...for four...days.

bogged

this cannot be what they released in theaters

cute but can't act to save her life
but her dad is rich enough to ensure a hollywood career

This was only the second best live action cartoon adaptation, after the DBZ film

High praise...

At least the water tribe did have some members that were native americans. The fire tribe was 100% pajeet but of course people only complain about (((white washing))).

It's absurd how Vidya movies are so much better in comparison to anime
/toons adaptations.
They're all so laughably bad.

Here's hoping we'll get a JoJo movie with heavily CGI'd or body suited Ezra Miller as Jotaro.

kek a bunch of archers could take out those faggots in 2 seconds

its alright

>7 total dancing guys spending all their mana to slowly make a single rock float

Yes, background extras were Inuits while the actual characters were white. Can't imagine why that's an issue...

Is this scene really as bad as it looks? FFS the choreography is terrible.

Lol didn't even address the indian fire nation, Keep up the double standards.

Choose your wife

Attached: 1563321492986.jpg (3861x894, 3.27M)

Are you fucking retarded? There was endless complaints about the change to the Fire Nation.

They cute

No there's isn't. I've never seen people complain about the blatant brown washing, just the white washing.
Netflix literally just said whitewashing when talking about their remake. Double standards everywhere.

Why are you lying? What's the point? This was only nine years ago, people haven't forgotten.