Remember when films were for enjoyment?

Remember when films were for enjoyment?

Attached: 1564051477616.jpg (1125x1526, 362K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_vOtZgOOUHA
youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why dont you cry about it?

these people think if the country is majority white then its white supremacy

just got to shoe horn that shit in everywhere don't they.

wow, what a unique angle and topic that hasn't been beaten to death the last 3 years

I wish Lindelof confronted the lack of creativity in the industry, but we all know how his show is gonna turn out.

>Remember when films were for enjoyment?
only election tourists won't be able to enjoy that

Jews don't create. They take white creations and recycle, or build them in their own image.

Its not about making money any more, it's about pushing an ideology they hope will be fostered and grow the more it's seen. Similar tactics of "the good of the people/state before profet" can be seen in places like modern China, Soviet Russia, and nazi Germany where as long as you where saying the right pre approved things, that was all that mattered because it was for the greater good. Same thing has been happening here with us media, the only difference is that there's no overarching state mandate for it.

Watchmen was never about enjoyment in the way you are implying. It was never trying to make a singular statement either, at the same time. It was about clashing ideologies. About the fear that we will one day destroy ourselves. But that we never will, because we have the capacity to love and care for each other in spite of all the hatred and fighting.

Alan Moore is a feminist anarcho-collectivist hippie type. A leftist, anti-racist film is true to his vision.

So brave, we don't have enough of that in media. White people must be exterminated

>Rorschach goes on a killing spree through a ghetto
>”13 PERCENT OF THE POPULATION DOES 50 PERCENT OF THE CRIME.”
It could be kino.

The thing with Moore is that he wasn't afraid to create characters with beliefs he legitimately hated, while also making these characters understandable/realistic and sympathetic. Rorschach is a perfect example of this.

And then everybody loved Rorschach. Good job Alan!

>it's about pushing an ideology they hope will be fostered and grow the more it's seen
Thankfully, it’s backfiring with the younger generation who are growing up in an age where all this political agenda pushing is being actively mocked by every one of their rent-a-friend youtubers. As soon as all these mid-40s children-less hacks die off or have to retire in poverty, they won’t have a legacy to continue the cause. Even if they somehow procreate, a child’s natural tendency to rebel against authority means they aren’t going to put up with this bullshit.

You are wrong. It is entirely about making money.

The issue here is viewership is down across the board for literally every medium. Primarily because people have so many options on what they view. Whenever viewership has happened in the past, entertainment venues attempted to capture the attention of new/young audiences. If you go on twitter, what are most young people tweeting about? Politics. The young writers hired straight out of college will say the same thing. The young people working for data analytics firms will say the same thing. Thus, disconnected old men think the way to attract young viewers is politics.

Thus, entertainment is in a deathdive until they figure out how to deal with the fact the internet exists and will provide sufficient information to validate literally any belief, no matter how inane.

>everybody
you mean moviefags. since snyder loved rorshack he made him as badass as possible while cutting all the bits about how dirty and shitty he is.

It's all so tiresome. This is why I don't watch tv anymore.

Ah yes they care about 'politics', wait how many of the top 10 grossing films this year disney trash again?

shut the fuck up and watch an MCU movie if you're too scared to have political themes in your media smoothbrain

everything's political you fucking moron, that's how it is, has been, and will be

you may as well be asking for your shows to be devoid of any intellectual content whatsoever

The whole point of Watchman was that nothing got confonted, it was a shitty world full of shitty people.

lol i wonder who he spoke with to become like this

>118591450
>whites bad, blacks dindus
Such intellectual content. Kill yourself and free us from your white opression, please.

Political /= shitty anti-white politics devoid of subtlety

try reading the post before replying.

>expecting it to be good

Attached: creubfg.png (592x737, 843K)

>durr a show I haven't even seen yet wanting to address white supremacy means it's going to be against white people

I swear to god you people are the most pathetic pieces of shit

Just put on the Klan hood, admit you're scared of black people moving into your neighborhood, and quit wasting our fucking time

If it was about money they'd make movies that were racist against niggers.

Because that goes over well on twitter, right?

>anti-white

Attached: 1515263396716.jpg (2000x1078, 153K)

Yeah imagine social commentary in Watchmen of all things. That comic book that definitely did not do social commentary 30 years ago and would definitely not be remembered for it if it did.

>Remember when
I wasn't alive during the penny arcade movie era.

Films have always had some political or moral element to them like all art does. It's just that this late capitalist, neoliberal nightmare is gay as fuck.

Hi damon.

The social commentary of watchmen was about man-made apocalypse. Identity politics are childish bullshit.

>Lindelof

How does the guy who wrote that make a living as a writer.
*cringes with a glint of mischief in his eye*

Who gives a flying fuck what twitter thinks. Normies dont even pay attention to Twitter, twitter is for a minority of pretentious faggots.

There's a difference in quality between putting a message or moral lesson into a movie and gutting it all to stuff it with blatant propaganda.

Yeah, that's not true and the some people being incapable of empathy and anything outside of vague sympathy is not an argument against nuance.
Stopping the comic to explain in no uncertain terms how everyone but people who agree with you 100% are on the wrong side of history can do nothing but incite hate.

>Who gives a flying fuck what twitter thinks
The disconnected old men in charge of everything, desperate to engage young audiences.

There's actually a big philosophical question about whether propaganda is art. I would say no.

Propaganda is the death of art and creative freedom.

You only think that's a question because you don't know what "art" or "propaganda" is. Also "philosophy." Possibly even "question."

Only retards that got bullied in school love him

Art doesn’t have to have any message, moral or political, you are cucked by modern bullshit.

This. Jews are parasites

>being this blind

Attached: 78678767867834545.jpg (296x314, 17K)

I'm black and also find this to be trash. They are trying to inject this horsehit everywhere, they aren't offering any new insights or subtle approaches. It's the same shit as the anti-Trump jokes day and night for the past two years, not only painfully unfunny after the first barrage but it ruined the state of comedy for the foreseeable future.

The propaganda and art question has been a thing in aesthetic philosophy ever since the Aneied. I may not be a philosophy grad student, but at least I know some aesthetic philosophy 101 unlike your illiterate ass.
How far back do we have to go to remove politics and morals from art? I'm curious.

Connections.

>How far back do we have to go to remove politics and morals from art? I'm curious.

Attached: EC30CF59-1A91-4D90-BFCA-D1D31063B28A.jpg (960x1299, 561K)

>Literally the same political themes
>Other side not allowed to work in Hollywood at all, make films or public books.
We're not 'scared' of political themes, you cockless wonder, we're sick of one-sided themes being rammed down our throats while you use the tech companies to censor us.

It's not about removing them compltely from art. It's about getting sick and tired of people from one tiny, very narrow-minded part of the country dictate what political themes are allowed (hint: it's only the ones they agree with).

You don't enjoy art, white supremacist user?

I'm sure he's more nuanced than that. He was mad that V For Vendetta had too many bush hating politics in it.

Considering that V is played unironically heroic despite it being made clear he’s just the polar opposite of Norsefire, Moore was probably mad they distilled his story down to white and black morality.

>white supremacy
Anyone living in the West who uses this phrase as a negative needs to fuck right off out of here. Africa and Asia are vast, pick one and make a new home far away from white culture.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

what you're talking about is contemporary minds looking back at classic/ancient works and inserting their politics or what they think might've been classic/ancient politics into non-political works.

The technical term for people like this is "their heads are up their asses."

*yawn*

are you a fucking idiot?

>unironically comparing himself to Dr. Manhattan
Yikes

They think white people existing is supremacy

youtube.com/watch?v=_vOtZgOOUHA

>story about people needing to come together or they'll all kill each other
>write fanfic sequel to divide people

Attached: 3547hw.png (720x303, 96K)

I'm looking forward to Lindelof killing off all the goodwill he built up with Leftovers and going back to being regarded as "that other hack jew from Lost that sometimes gets work thrown his way by JJ Abrams".

Rorschach was literally a white supremacist. Ok

Remember when Yea Forums wasn't for Zoomers crying about politics?

Attached: 1544996572606.jpg (860x628, 243K)

consider your expectations subverted

>divide normal people from supremacists

Good.

I already liked him in the comic lol

>The MCU dont have lefshit politics

Everything is political for you.

Yeah, I miss the 80's.

Attached: Bill and Ted.jpg (768x433, 75K)

When progressives say "everything's political", what they mean is "everything's progressive".

Art is inherently progressive.

No, it's not. I'm just tired of seeing leftism everywhere

>smoothbrain

why do chapotards try to spread their propaganda whilst also making themselves easily identifiable?

Then get your eyes checked.

Attached: 1552349490035.jpg (703x851, 121K)

The term is older than whatever Yea Forumseddit terms you throw at it.

No. Like all things progressives touch, "art" was simply redefined to include disgusting perversions masked as political expression.

youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc

Who's forcing you to worry about those things?

>commies
>being retarded

don't act surprised

>what's today's nuclear annihilation-tier level of threat?
>white supremacists!
it is all so tiring
What IS today's nuclear annihilation-tier level of threat anyway?

Found the liberal. You can tell from their arrogance and "think like me or die" attitude

>PragerU

Attached: 1555317663915.jpg (480x360, 24K)

Films where always propaganda.
The last unbias film was produced before the fall of the Soviet Union

so brave and powerful! whites need to sit down and be humble.

Islam

>citing e-celeb cancer
Wew.

Also, Shakespeare's plays were progressive for their time. It's not a postmodernist thing.

>unironically using PragerU to support your argument

Attached: 1520976040357.jpg (640x460, 64K)

Hahahaha what the fuck it's even worse than I thought.

>smoothbrain
>defending a reboot of watchmen
>smoothbrain

Attached: 1559356758860.gif (250x241, 200K)

>what's today's nuclear annihilation-tier level of threat?
>white supremacists!
Says who?

Twitter, reddit, the internet as a whole and this fucking website. I can't watch a black person in the movies anymore without having pol thoughts

How are they forcing you exactly?

Watchmen was never good.
No, not even the comic books or "graphic novels" as their so highly sophisticated fan base calls them.

Attached: SZeWg0X.jpg (750x739, 68K)

I'd need to stop using the internet to avoid social justice nonsense and I'm not going to do that so instead I am going to get angry and vote republican.

Movies have always had political messages, the real problem is the grand standing, controversy marketing, and sheer visibility of the annoying ass creators.

That's kind of childish of you user.

Also it wasn't always the same political message, now it is.

This.
They are just too cowardly to acknowledge it
Even when they do terrorists in movies they are always Russian, or ira or some other group that is definitely not the religion of peace

Sounds like someone's too young to remember the 2000s. Zoom zoom check rule 2 and fuck off.

I’m almost certainly older than you

There are tons of movies with Muslims as the bad guys.
Just the Hollywood action shlock without any plot have the ebil Russians

No
But to be fair, politics gets everywhere now

No you're not Zoomer.

Newer movies rarely have Muslims as bad guys
Even if they are Muslim/Arab, their motivation is never the religious zealotry it is in real life

>look mom I used the buzzword again!

Zero Dark Thirty

>smoothbrain

back to /r/chapotraphouse with you, fag

Four Lions

Ya Watchmen was never political

Imagine if a writer wrote a show that tackled black toxicity and gang violence. He'd be called a racist nazi on the spot and the show would be cancelled after one season. Liberal privilege is real.

Taken 2
American Sniper
Sand Castle
Thank You For Your Service
Patriots Day
The 15:17 to Paris
13 Hours
Cleanskin
Iron Man 3
You Don't Mess With The Zohan
Caché
Syriana

"Chiraq" did exactly that lol.

You have a full blown victim complex. It's kind of incredible watching you squirm and screech, like watching a car crash.

I didn't know Spike Lee was white user....

>Imagine if a writer wrote a show that tackled black toxicity and gang violence. He'd be called a racist nazi on the spot and the show would be cancelled after one season. Liberal privilege is real.

Didn't mention white lol.

based zohanposter

none of those movies actually criticize islam and all muslims as the violent savage war religion it is, they instead criticize lone wolves, radicals, or individuals.

a fucking comedy that makes muslim violence relatable and funny

>By simply just existing I cause immeasurable butthurt to minorities and limp wristed liberals
feels extremely based

Attached: 1234567.png (1152x798, 944K)

Mmmm yeah move that goalpost, user.

WHAT WHITE SUPREMACY!?!?!

Geezus fuck, stop pushing this fantasy... they had a fuckin' WHITE POWER RALLY AND NINE PEOPLE SHOWED UP...

This. These idiots in hollywood start off going "lets have 2 blacks and 3 gays walk into a bar" before they even have an idea for a plot.

You are a bonafide retard if you think art hasn't been political for the past couple thousand years. It's just political now because you've chosen to believe in some shitty fragile ideology designed to appeal to NEETs, and that ideology has trained your pavlovian dipshit brain to say NO HUR BAD NO FIT MY WORLDVIEW

Which movies criticize Christianity and all Christians as the violent savage war religion it is?

No. It has been and always will be about power and control. Money is only a means to this end and it’s not the only path available.

There is a concerted effort by the elite to beat human consciousness into pure submission, to completely domesticate us. Right now there is considerable focus on whites, and western countries because they are r strong and free. That’s why I scoff when people make it an anti-white deal, they aren’t going to stop with whites. The end goal is complete control.

Hello glownigger, kill your family

Pathetic.

Muslims aren't the bad guys in Four Lions. Been a while since i've seen it, but if I remember the white guy is the worst one, one of them is too dumb and innocent too understand what he's doing, and the other one changes his mind and tries to save people. The rest are shown as victims of blundering white cops.

you're dumb

I stand corrected user
I don’t think the ones based on real events should count though since they can’t be changed

I've seen Pee pee poo poo posting with more artistic merit than this shit

>a fucking comedy that makes muslim violence relatable and funny
They are suicide bombers and literal isil it's okay to joke about their deaths because they are Muslim terrorists

>FUCK WH*TE PEOPLE
>WH*TE PEOPLE IS RACIS
wow, such intellect, much wisdom, so very politick

Attached: wow.jpg (500x375, 24K)

Less talking unless you’re already done

Agora

lol okay. I always wonder how all of the MAGAtards on Yea Forums cope with the fact that the only people that would ever accept them are toothless hicks and out of shape stormfronters. Y'all have to hide and vent your beliefs on Yea Forums because you're too cowardly to even speak your mind in public.

Honestly I respect the people with Swastika tattoos in public because at least they have balls. These shitheads that have come to Yea Forums over the past 3-4 years are losers behind a keyboard.

Doing what?

Cite me a piece of media where they say this in the past year. Highly likely you're autistic and misreading basic human emotion.

All that time you took to write that shit could’ve been spent killing your family.

Kill your family.

based on these threads, it's you mayo fucks who get mad about everything.
>See a black man in a movie
>AUUUUGGGH WHITE GENOCIDE

Attached: 1521411645564.gif (200x150, 2.11M)

why? can you explain what this is even supposed to mean?

Wasn't Hypatia technically Christian herself?

is this nigga for real? why are you continuing to be willfully ignorant?

Filmmakers don't care about making you happy anymore they only want to indoctrinate you. I don't know why, they all must have sat down and said lets just remake old stuff and shove in political propaganda

No one cares about your deranged fantasies Zoomer.

You will kill your family.

Um, sweetie, CNN told me there was a bigger one in Virginia a while back that ended with Nazis killing two cops and a skinny girl.

Attached: 1C67A0C2-01CC-4F3F-BF57-6D677FE5F681.jpg (620x420, 47K)

Attached: 1556636325081.jpg (480x640, 111K)

No, Zoomer.

bEtTeR kEeP tElLiNg HiM tO kiLl hIs FamIlY bEcAuSe eDgE iS fUnNy.

God forbid you try to justify your shitty life in any remotely coherent way

cringe

we're talking about recent times you disingenuous cunt

You’re going to kill your family.

Why are you such a sensitive little bitch?

You can be part of the in group and not support it.

i can tell im talking to the equivalent of a brick wall so ill just cut my losses now.

No we're not. Don't move the goalpost you worthless fuck.

wtf are you talking about yes we are.

Imagine writing something like this, yet never realizing what a massive faggot and retard you are.

I laid out my argument in a proper manner, it's you who resorted to "lol this nigguh serious??". As if it meant anything.

No we're not, I'm the one who started this discussion in the first place you idiot.

Christianity isn't the religion promoting murder and violence worldwide in this day and age, Islam is. So if all movies are political and a reflection of the times we live in then why would filmmakers be creating movies "criticizing Christianity and all Christians as the violent savage war religion it is?"
You fucking moron. Get a grip.

I guess I'm just baffled by your either complete unwillingness to see reality as it is in 2019 or your complete stupidity.

>mayo
Fuck i love mayo. Thanks for the compliment.

Answer the question then, who's forcing you to worry about those things?

Are you aware that it's impossible to be verbally forced to do something?

Why are whiteoids such fucking snowflakes

durr Yea Forums is a reflection of white people worldwide
niggers are so stupid.

>nigger on Yea Forums is a reflection of niggers worldwide
retard

i wasnt the one that used the word "force" but if thats what you want to focus on, fine. no one is "forcing" me to worry about those things. but when its constantly in the media, its hard not to notice and get annoyed with. your litle semantics argument is embarrassing. again, you not being able to see this in current year is either you being willfully blind to it, or you being a complete fucking moron.

>when i put words in other peoples mouths i win the argument!
lol

More like thanks for the condiment

Is Wheel of Fortune, dare I say, based and redpilled?

>notice and get annoyed with
>it's just an annoyance
That doesn't sound like a problem that warrants endless threads about it on Yea Forums. So why cry about it every day?

>niggers are so stupid
Generalizing after complaining about generalizing lol. To apply your own logic: Zoomers are so fucking stupid and should get chemically castrated.

Good job, you baited out all the r/the_donald fags with your post
>hurrr it's only valid politics when I agree with it
Cope.

holy shit your semantics argument is EMBARRASSING. when i use the word annoyance, i mean im kind of fed up with it. I'm not the one creating these threads i simply responded to your dumb fucking posts. just stop dude.

jews literally invented capeshit. kys retard.

>i mean im kind of fed up with it.
Which is exactly what I mean as well, you fucking retard. I'm not arguing semantics here just because you keep insinuating it. The fact is that your generation cries about this minor nuisance every single day.

wow inventing capeshit is an accomplishment one should be proud of.

But I thought CNN celebrated the death of cops.

Attached: 1541033747614.jpg (939x1024, 116K)

To be fair it’s better than circumcision

Bro, what if we took European mythos, bastardized it and added capes?

Attached: 1518309734959.jpg (271x271, 8K)

>everything is political

Attached: le soy face.png (644x800, 14K)

b-but (((social media))) is forcing me to talk about politics!! can't you see what's going on or are you wilfully #ignorant?? it's literally torture!!

Attached: 1557368570437.jpg (785x731, 101K)

i dont even know what point youre trying to make anymore. go ahead and pick out one word in this post you want to stretch into your next argument though.

I haven't been stretching any words you retard. Next time when you post try addressing the argument instead of whining about shit I didn't even do.

>why yes i am a a brick wall how could you tell?

See, you just did it again. You're a broken record.

>Everything is of the political opinion that is contrary to my beliefs.
FTFY

Everything I don't like is a political crusade specifically targeted against my very being

Let's see how blacks would react if we made a fantasy TV show featuring a white George Washington Carver.

Attached: 0GRHaBj.jpg (640x960, 121K)

>Sir Lancelot is a real historical person
user, i...

shhh he wants to feel like a victim so bad

just let him

I know he's not but you'd be surprised at how many people think he is.

We all know who to thank for this. Just look at the post above yours.

their content has been meddled with for decades by the CIA among others...

these days the content is meddled with by social media :

FACEBOOK is the cancer of the world spreading an INFANTILE approach to problem solving - for likes.

We already know how they’d react.

Attached: 54F31790-E307-4F83-A879-106E32A424B5.jpg (1024x634, 107K)

Why don't you fuck off this board?

This guy gets it. It's not a binary manner, and when it's done with taste and subtly it can actually be nice, even if you don't necessarily agree.

Anything from Netflix

Most zooms are subhuman mudskins so I agree.

Do you think African mythological figures should be portrayed by whites or asians?
Do you think Greek mythological figures should be portrayed by blacks or pacific islanders?
If you answered no to these but think it's okay for European mythological figures to be portrayed by Africans you're an anti-white racist.

Based and racepilled.

Complacency and apathy are the signs of a dying society. If you don't care about the propaganda being pushed in media you're the problem.

this

liberals

No, I'm the one who started this discussion you lying nigger

Hollywood was jewish from the beginning. It was always degenerate.

I will and there's nothing you can do about it

based

Sure but Armageddon and Independence Day don't have any perceptible agenda

>Independence Day don't have any perceptible agenda
Is this an ironic post?

Do you want to live in a black-majority neighbourhood since you love 'em so much?

>Alan Moore is a feminist
...Really now.
The guy who wrote Batgirl getting crippled and rapped by the Joker is a feminist?

I sure as hell don't. Niggers are a fucking cancer.

If white supremacy was real why aren't the whites winning the culture wars?

It's a patriotic movie. You don't need an agenda to love your country. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Yes but also you could make fun of fags and niggers without being called /pol/ or alt right

this

It's like Gavin said, liberal writers can't just write entertainment, they habe to make people do homework. They have to try and brainwash them. Just writing a good story without crowbarred in political messages isn't enough. Gotta make sure people do their homework.

I just dont watch anti-white media anymore. Im a big watchman fan, but I won't be watching this. I feel a lot better with this rule. Think I was internalizing the anti-white messages.

Yeah, shitty era. Thank the gods we outgrow it.

Haha, who is president?

How quickly they forget the meme war.

Yeah so many movies have leftist and progressive politics now. Amazing!

Anti-white supremacy isn't anti-white.
But Hollywood doesn't grasp that either.

Fucking retard, he isn't saying "kill whitey" he's saying "don't call whitey white"

It's a typical 90s pro diversity kike flick, boomer faggot. Keep sucking drumpf cock

Remember when you could say nigger on Yea Forums without newfag redditors getting butthurt?

Based and crypilled.

>power and control
read: money

"going after the youth" is always a good excuse to bin socially conservative things that make money in favor of progressive things that don't, going back to The Rural Purge on CBS in the 1970s.

But the reason that the kids are progressive is because they're consuming progressive media, not the other way around, and these sort of things haven't actually been proven to work in the long term as claimed. And we all know that companies do not actually do long-term thinking, really.

In the end, you come back to the fact that it's an excuse to push their politics on an unwilling population that doesn't have the energy or coordination to push back. And it works, every time.

No. You NIGGER.

Politics is an easy thing to generate buzz about a product -- and, in the majority of cases, it's a mediocre product that couldn't survive on the quality of the plot alone, so it has to drum up some controversy.

>companies do not actually do long-term thinking, really.
so what you're saying is that you want a conservative society...but economically left-wing...hmmmmmmmmmmmm

>you're too cowardly to even speak your mind in public.
This is such dishonest criticism. Being publicly racist means losing your job, and friends and family distancing themselves from you, not to mention possible scrutiny from the FBI. It can easily ruin your life.

Saying "if you don't make yourself completely vulnerable to malicious actors, giving them to opportunity to ruin your life, then you're a coward" is a pretty rotten standard, and anyone trying to be honest or fair about it would realize that.

Yes, and? That's literally what I'd like. The rich and powerful held accountable by the people, the environment cared for, and nice, smaller-scale, fairly homogeneous communities with high levels of social capital and therefore public participation.

Actually redpilled as fuck post

Cringe replies

you are a nazi and all of those things could be achieved without a conservative society.

anyone who actually believed in progressive economics would consider them more important than supporting racist neocons. People who claim to have views like yours will vote for the most corrupt capitalist every time as long as he panders to right wing culture.

>you are a nazi
I'm being baited

>all of those things could be achieved without a conservative society
If progressive economics resulted in a socially conservative society than progressive wouldn't support them.

>anyone who actually believed in progressive economics would consider them more important than supporting racist neocons.
Policies pushed by politicians are always meme-tier and not particularly effective. Obamacare's rollout for instance, did not have any serious effect on health outcomes (and indeed, healthcare consumption generally doesn't) but did correlate with an increase in deaths by opiates.

Or for a more progressive candidate, Sanders' wall street transaction tax was already attempted in the 90s in Sweden, and actually lost the government money - the decrease in revenue from capital gains tax was larger than the amount brought in. This is supposed to help pay for free college. What's worse, just giving everyone free college shows that you don't understand how our education system works and what's wrong with it in the first place, and therefore won't fix it. College is about signaling intelligence and conformity, and giving everyone a degree will make the signal useless, and mean that we need to get masters or Phds to distinguish ourselves again. The correct solution is to realize that we don't need to waste tons of time and money to send these signals, we could simply use IQ tests to demonstrate intelligence, and we should, given that it's the single best predictor of worker productivity. When you have a bunch of hoops to jump through, you just make the system easier to game, and that's always to the advantage of people with money.

In any event, I've never voted for a neocon, nor did I vote for Trump this last election, I wrote in Jim Webb.

that post is about how youth, in general, is not political.