ITT: Hunger Games discussion

Whole series is on Netflix, never seen them before and just starting it. How are they, how's the acting, is the source material worth a read, etc. Never really seen the films being discussed on here before, be brutally honest.

Attached: Hunger Games.jpg (674x1000, 99K)

First 2 aren't bad.

sneed

I saw the second one on tv. Jenniffer Lawrence has the worst acting in the movies. But the script is shit anyways

say fellas wouldnt it be odd if that main character exposed her butthole and the entire world saw it? thats a crazy though

I enjoyed the first two films but I just hate how Katniss is invincible when she climbs a tree and in the first book/film.
The books are interesting but not that great. The first one is amazing for a specific scene in the final: When Katniss and Peeta are the only survivors and the announcer says only one can win the game, so Peeta stars to laugh and moves his hand and Katniss draw her last arrow and point to him ready to kill in a movement of pure instinct. I couldn't believe YA trash could make feel like this.

While we're here, what other Deadly Competition films are worth watching?

I've only seen Hunger Games 1 and Circle.

Running Man

The movie/book this was all based on, Battle Royale

Attached: 3E39A519-BB93-44E6-9EF9-C0453931735C.jpg (620x465, 32K)

Death Race.

I saw Arnie and I feel like a dickhead for not already seeing it.

I hope you are suggesting Roger Corman classic Death Race 2000 and not the remake with that bald fuck.

Don't be wasn't that long ago that I saw it myself.

Forced child novels are too transparently formulaic to enjoy.

If I was that piece of shit Mother though I'd an hero. She's either amazingly strong or amazingly delusional.

If you notice they always show her above her waist when she walks. She has a very weird out footing walk to her. Almost child like.

I'm more than an hour in, this is so much better than I was expecting. Bit too much shaky cam but the costumes, architecture and so on are pretty decent.

Watched the first as a teen because everyone at school was obsessed. Utter shit.

I enjoyed the first one because it was filmed in the mountains near where I live. Without that charm it was a mediocre action film with a somewhat interesting dystopian setting. But I never bothered watching the others.

The second one is the best imo.
The location, the fights, the skin tight wetsuits on everyone
even the old lady
even the stakes
victors vs victors
Jena Malone had a nice body in it.

>Fappening

That necksnap out of nowhere was pretty funny.

Books are interesting. (if you can get over them being written for teenage girls)
Looking forward to the prequel book(s).
Only problem I have with them is there's not enough world building/backstory.

Movies are okay. They follow the plot pretty well.
Will see the prequel movie(s) when it comes out.

>The poorfags incite a rebellion
>Somehow sticks, stones and bows are enough to achieve victory against a supermodern military with gravtanks, missiles, proper tactics and training

I hate underdog movies that do this

Second movie is the best. Finnick is my favorite character in both movies and books.

Katniss was just the spark on the powerkeg that had been growing for decades.

Even Snow admitted how fragile the entire system was.

First one is just awful. After that a not just competent but actually pretty great director takes over, making the second and third ones genuinely enjoyable. Fourth one is a letdown for the same reason the book ending was.

Are the books worth a read for any reason? Like entertainingly bad or something good hidden in the pages? I read Ready Player One so I can handle it.

This series was forgotten because Peeta was a manlet. Prove me wrong.

The second one was really fucking enjoyable for me and I'm unsure why. All the new characters they introduced were very likeable.

Woody Harrelson really carries this shit though.

Once they get to the actual Hunger Games, the first two are pretty entertaining. The last two are just about taking down le evil empire and that shit is boring as hell.