MISSION IMPOSSIBLE POWER RANKINGS

1. Fallout
2. Ghost Protocol
3. M:I-1
4. Rogue Nation
5. M:I-3
9001. M:I-2

Attached: mission-impossible-4k-blu-ray-films-800x660.jpg (621x512, 98K)

1>4>6>5>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

GP

Haven't seen the others because the gimmicks just got old for me. MI2 was the last of them to be handled by anyone other than a studio hack.

4=6>1>5>2>

>watched ghost protocol on 4k blu ray for the first time yesterday
dang, the eyegasm
4>1>2=3
Haven’t seen fallout yet

whoops, 5 after 1

Why do people hate 3? From what I remember it had the best villain in the franchise

>2 at last

Attached: 24406676029391.jpg (600x693, 43K)

2>Fallout>3>1>5>4

Attached: 1547945493927.webm (640x266, 2.43M)

It looked and felt like one of Abrams's TV shows.

M:I-2 was a terrible Mission Impossible movie, but would have been a great Bond film
Replace the name Ethan Hunt with James Bond and IMF with MI6, had that been released instead of Die Another Day it would have been great

>M:I-2 was a terrible Mission Impossible movie, but would have been a great Bond film
Absolutely meaningless statement

6>4>5>1>2>3

>Absolutely meaningless statement
no u

If you don't think Fallout is the best you might have brain damage.

whats wrong with 3? its the movie where Tom separated M.I. from its own source material and became its own original franchise

1>4>6>3>5>2

There are still people who fell for the MI:2 is bad meme. MI:3 is the worst MI film, though even then they're all still good.

Attached: 127323038263.webm (640x266, 2.26M)

I don't know what went wrong with MI2. I guess Woo should have focused on "brotherhood" again instead of that awful love story.

Also plannig a 4 hour movie which got heavily edited down didn't helped. I guess at some point it was a really good movie, hence why they got someone like Anthony Hopkins (who gave a fuck back then).

so fuckign bad.

I agree 2 felt more like a Bond film over the others, and Ethan fucks the girl within the first 20 minutes which is something Bond would do.

It was ok. 2 was better.

Attached: rfg mif.gif (405x335, 2.53M)

Correct except 3 isn't as good as people say

mission impossible 6: Yea Forums has sex.

4 > 6 > 5 > 1 > 2 >3

Attached: 1529847381681.webm (1280x534, 2.99M)

I would swap fallout and rouge nation but other than that i agree

MI2 is bad because Hunt is a comically overpowered Gary Stu who can't do wrong.

In all the other movies he makes failured all the time, gets beaten up, struggles in action scenes, breaks his angle, the bad guys sometimes see him as a joke.
This one is Steven Seagal level of ego masturbation.

It's generic. 2 is bad but at least it's distinct because of John Woo.

I just looked up the director and somewhat unsurprisingly it's J.J. Abrams. The blandest director of all time.

Because it's a John Woo film. Have sex, gain height, take a shower, hit the weights, get a clue.

Attached: 1476070607572.gif (160x160, 512K)

What a mad lad.

Attached: mission impossible tom cruise jump.webm (1100x456, 2.78M)

He broke his ankle there IIRC, and for that reason in the actual film this long (take & run) through the roofs has a cut (part of it filmed before accident, part of it after healing)

Protagonists fuck up in John Woo films though. Chow Yun-fat accidentally shoots out some bitch's eyeballs

And the world + characters of 'A Better Tomorrow' are beyond fukt

II Ethan is peak Ethan and the US government isn't actively trying to fuck him over.

Attached: ehh mi2.jpg (640x320, 60K)

no u

Attached: kwab.jpg (518x710, 87K)

3 > 6 > 4 > 1 > 5 >>> 2

Attached: mission impossible 2 tom cruise.webm (1280x528, 2.88M)

The villain outmaneuvers him in the facility by getting away with the virus and the girl.

Also, MI2 was the only entry in the series until Fallout where the villain was a physical threat to Hunt. Most of the beach fight has Ethan getting the crap kicked out of him.

Thank you based Tom.
You the rawest nigga ever.
Pretty boy, he can fuck all my bitches if he's into bitches of course.

>Also, MI2 was the only entry in the series until Fallout where the villain was a physical threat to Hunt. Most of the beach fight has Ethan getting the crap kicked out of him.
This, he was hunting down a rogue MIF agent.

Attached: 1547353165638.jpg (371x426, 45K)

Back when they still had nice Triumph motorcycles until everything in the series went muh BMW.

Attached: mission impossible 2 tom cruise-4.webm (640x266, 2.9M)

whoops IMF agent*

Attached: 1479451547953.jpg (466x292, 30K)

Ghost Protocol is just so pure.

Attached: GhostProtocol.webm (1000x416, 2.98M)

I liked Paula Patton's barefoot fight scene, blonde bitch got stage fatality'd lel.

Attached: Paula-Patton-Feet.jpg (2045x1500, 708K)

I disliked the British le so hip and edgy libshit comedian in all the films and Renner with his working class physionogmy as a world class spy agent is so out of place in a film which glorifies the liberal elites and their institutions.

Watched all of these on 4k UHD this week. Most I had not seen since the theater. Here's the ranking:

The Opera Sequence > IMAX reveal for Halo jump > Canonically 88 lb. Thandie Newton > hasta lasagna >>>>>>>>>> Lea Seydoux is the only good part of Ghost Protocol >>>>>>>>>>>>>> MI:3rd episode of an average TV show

Attached: tom cruise mission impossible 3.webm (1280x546, 2.21M)

Are you faggots baiting or just being contrarian?

MI:2 had the worst acting/directing/editing I've seen in years, it's fucking laughable. Come the fuck on

1 = 4 = 5 = 6 > 2 >>> dogshit >>> 3

it's genuinely loved by letterboxd trannies.

i enjoyed 2 the least out of all of them but this part is kino i agree

First half was somehow a guilty pleasure, then it just went shit

No we just have good taste, chief.

i remember this shit really freaking me out when i first saw it. i had never seen a mission impossible film and nothing in james bond ever came close to being this gruesome except maybe pic related even though it looks laughably bad in comparison

Attached: deaths-main_0.jpg (825x464, 184K)

Why does lady kill? It's been decade since I saw III.

It's pic related of the series and so is jj

Attached: ready_salted_32.5g_restage.jpg (800x800, 111K)

kys

It's a solid action movie, even if you consider it to be not as good as the rest. And it's peakest Cruise.

something like a nanomachine inside her brain being detonated

> literally real HALO jump in Fallout
> anything lesser being 'peak'
the what

Heroin man addict man planted a miniature explosive charge in Ethan’s student head. They were trying to zap it before it went off.

>they have state of the art tech but a defibrilator takes 10 mins to recharge
JJ is a hack. An absolute hack. A hack that loves nothing but the smell of his own farts. "Look at me, they are just looking for a mcguffin and I'm not telling you what it is because I love me tropes".
What a shitty flick 3 was. I hope he goes blind so we don't have to endure his crap anymore.

I liked Rogue Nation better than Fallout.

Fallout just feels like a bunch of action stunts that then got some plot added afterwards too much. I get that action is the selling point, but I don't watch movies simply for the cool stunts alone. It doesn't interest me.

Rogue Nation was soulless

I really wanted to watch fallout but a friend advised me to watch the whole series, is there any reason to watch all of them or i should just watch the good ones?

I love both but Rogue does have a different feel to it, more of a darker, noirish tone

>the opera scene
>the kino chase through london at the end cribbed from The Third Man
>multiple allusions to Pakula
>soulless

2 is unironically a pleb filter.

Attached: 127323032516.webm (1280x675, 3M)

No, you can watch Fallout. There's just one connection to old ones that being old love and that's it.

The first Mission IMpossible is a great film though

I'd watch them all in order. It's not like the Bond films where there's 24 of them with different actors.

Rogue Nation and Fallout are directly connected, like back-2-back films. That other fag is wrong.

Thank you for agreeing that it is soulless

go watch The Parallax View, friend

I saw the first one last week and wasn't impressed. The plot twist was so absurdly obvious I called it the moment the intro mission went sour.
Does it get better or should I not bother?

>I called Jon Voight being a bad guy do I win Dota 2 The International 2019

ok

1. MI2
2-MI ROGUE NATION
3-MI FALLOUT
4-MI 3
5: MI 1
6:MI GHOST PROTOCOL

BASED

>fallout number 1

NPC thread and ranking

It's literally the only good one besides the first one.

And still had better dramatic direction and memorable villian than 4 5 6

the real ranking list

Attached: MissionFu's.jpg (4075x977, 778K)

>there's people unironically defending MI2
i guess you can enjoy it a lot, but if you don't recognize it's shit then you're probably retarded

>You know women mate, like monkeys they are.

Jesus christ Raimi, it's not ok to draw that comparison with Thandie Newton

just bought these kinos last week actually i got fallout for free

Attached: FIKvgPSE_o.jpg (2560x1440, 873K)

4 5 and 6 are legit the same fucking movie over and over again
It's capeshit tier, prove me wrong mongs

pro tip you can't

if you want to watch 1 movie before fallout
watch MI:5

if you want to watch 2 movies before fallout
watch MI:4 and 5

if you want to watch 3 movies before fallout
watch MI:3, 4 and 5

Fallout mentions some stuff from these movies, but also subtly explains that stuff to the viewers who didn't watch them.

Thandie Newton was such a sexy minx in MI2.

It's the most human, only one of the six to stop and savor the moment every once in a while

3 and 5 my heart ~

Attached: 1547738196753.webm (1920x800, 2.99M)

god i wish that were me

my heart

>a movie's quality is reliant on its twist
I can't believe these are the plebs I share a board with

Attached: 1382667496005.jpg (399x270, 19K)

Attached: 1555293957224.webm (1920x800, 3M)

1. Rogue Nation
2. Fallout
3. Ghost Protocol
4. 1
5. 2
6. 3

She needs to be in more movies

I've seen dozens of these MI ranking threads the last few years, and I find it interesting that 2 and 3 are always the most controversial. The biggest tonal jump of the series happens between the two. MI2 is melodramatic and excessive, and Ethan is basically an unstoppable Terminator, wheres as MI3 veers hard into post 9/11 Bourne-style shaky cam with Ethan as a vulnerable family man. They don't feel like the same character or atmosphere.

People who like one tend to hate other one. No one likes both, or they're both consistently bottom ranked.

Attached: interdasting.jpg (1140x712, 62K)

Why are there so many covers with a side shot of Tom's face?

>BUZZWORDS

because these aren't the real posters, they were made for the blurays so they look like part of the same stuff

6 >> 4 > 5 > 3 > 1 >>>>>

most of those are 4k blu ray covers

Attached: missionkino.jpg (1661x415, 271K)

it's pretty much the same but they keep improving it every time
and the production level is miles above capeshit

I mean in general, not mi

oh lol do you not not about how lazy hollywood is with movie posters

Attached: 1256667777854312567654643.jpg (613x819, 295K)

1>3>5>4>2
Haven't seen Fallout yet, is it really that good?

what the other reply said + cruise has been an A lister for over 20 years, and he is the only thing carrying these movies. while MI can be good, the cruise stunts elevate the whole thing to another level
and when he doesn't show his face, his name is almost as big as the movie title

Attached: topgun.jpg (543x800, 129K)

it's like 5 but better
is not really special plot-wise, but the action is kino

Right on, I might just download this tonight then.

i wish for the next MI movie to get an interesting "did nothing wrong" villain
most of them are forgettable

shit