The first two movies were good

The first two movies were good.

Attached: 268x0w.png (268x402, 190K)

Even the third one was decent until they decided to face the bleached orc on the icy mountain.

I actually fell asleep in the theatre during the first movie. Kept drifting in and out of consciousness. Was very unpleasant. Only time that has ever happened. I have no desire to watch the others.

I genuinely enjoyed the first one, good acting good music good sets good writing. Great adventure movie. The second one however is the same as every blockbuster in the past 10 or more years, a completely soulless cgi fest with no sense of pacing, where big actions scenes follow one after the other and lose all impact as a consequences and aren't well done to begin with since it relies entirely on their cg department. It might actually be the last movie I saw in the theater and I obviously didn't bother with the third

All of them are good and they will be fucking masterpieces once Amazon gives the BLACKED.COM push to the elves

Then you watched the movie while you were too tired. I've fallen asleep to Rear Window, so falling asleep is a non-argument.

First one was okay, rest was unredeemable garbage

Saw all three in theater and thoroughly enjoyed them

the first one was good enough but already had the warning signs of padding for length, two was all padding, they lost me there still not seen the third.

there are a few good scenes in the second one, mainly smaug's first appearance (until it all gets derailed into an endless tom & jerry cartoon). most of it is fucking shit and about as bad as the third one. that fucking barrel scene

All of Bilbo and the dwarves part was pretty good imo
The whole Sauron thing was cringe desu

First one was passable. The other two have no redeeming qualities.

then you did it wrong

Attached: osplyidbobdq22skj33n.png (2105x1185, 2.22M)

Attached: 1488527322504.webm (980x404, 2.84M)

>it's a Kate episode

the first one was alright, 2+3 were crap and only made to generate more cash

I liked these movies. More soul and comfier than lotr.

You might be clinically retarded.

Reminder that the Maple Films edit is the only way to make this trilogy watchable.

this is a cutscene from the game
>it isnt in the move
>why wood you post this?

1 was nice, 2 was aite, 3 was shite.

>BARREL SCENE BAAAAD

Attached: soya feels guy.png (225x225, 8K)

The first one was mostly good, the parts with Smaug in the second were good.
The third is probably the second worst thing I've ever seen in the cinema

LOTR movies > Hobbit movies
Hobbit book > LOTR books

I remember when I saw Battle of Five Armies in the theater, right after Thorin died, I heard a little kid in the theater say "Does that mean we can go now?". You know you've fucked up your action/adventure fantasy spectacle movie when even little kids are bored.

I'm genuinely shocked at how bad they fucked up the Hobbit movies, after the Lord of the Rings trilogy turned out as well as it did.

1st mediocre
2nd awful
3rd shit

Tauriel and that retarded love triangle ruined the movies.

Are you actually defending the barrel scene? when did Yea Forums reach such levels of contrarianism?

The whole thing is just awkward as hell. I don't recall them ever being in the same frame at any point, so they almost don't feel like they're occupying the same space. There's also the fact that it can be completely removed, and the story is not affected at all. Plus, the image of a dwarf trying to fuck an elf is just a funny image.

Smaug is what's redeeming about the second one.

>Are you actually defending the barrel scene? when did Yea Forums reach such levels of contrarianism?

Attached: C1564992-8B57-4776-8DB2-0C0D4756AC06.jpg (199x253, 9K)

You need to be 18 to post here

>Hobbit book > LOTR books
Just no
You are probably just another zoomer that read LOTR books after watching the movies

Jackson has always sucked.
Studio reigned him in in lotr. You should have heard the horseshit ideas he discussed.
t. Kiwifag propbuilder

"no"

Please go on

You're half right.
And that's worse than both right and wrong.

The annoying thing about the Hobbit trilogy is that there are moments of something better. You see the wasted potential for a completely different tone.
Less these More pic related

Attached: 1475657046756.gif (500x208, 1.08M)

Exactly. The Hobbit wasn't Jackson being creatively handcuffed. The Hobbit was pure, unfiltered Hackson.