I do not get the hate for this at all. It was great...

I do not get the hate for this at all. It was great. It bounced back towards one alien like the first film but still was original enough to not be a copy. The sets and soundtrack were amazing. This was also one of the few films where the theatrical cut was actually better than the director's cut.

>BUT MUH NEWT AND HICKS

This is the worst argument ever. Consider at the very least how different the Newt actress would look since she aged between "Aliens" and this film. You would need to either explain her cryo-chamber leaked or you would need to replace her with another actress, and neither of those would have been good.

Attached: 41JDGPK1VML._SY445_.jpg (312x445, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=79cHyA836Bw
youtu.be/rDrF9LFn_cc?t=116
youtu.be/nPQ7om598OM?t=102
youtube.com/watch?v=cKY7ZFabTq8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Your incapability of identifying garbage when you see it bothers me.

not an argument, zoomer

I agree 100%

i only remember the basketball retarded scene, the clone room which was pretty great, and the squishy babby alien at the end which was stupid and ruined the design

is there anything else of value in there?

It is Kino. Assembly cut is much better. People expect Aliens: Revenge of Queen. Not depressed prison monks.

That's Alien 4. It's shit

That is not Alien 3.

what's alien 3 even about? i don't even remember the movie then

Attached: aliens-guy.jpg (740x400, 35K)

Probably the most Iconic scene. Apart from the gut busting Alien. Second one has Paxton yelling 'Game Over, man!' But that's not anywhere near iconic. So in short: Cameron is a hack.

Attached: alien-3.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

>drab brown movie with every prisoner looking the exact same

This. Assembly Cut is brilliant. I think everyone wanted Aliens on Earth, or going to the Aliens home world, some sort of escalation from Aliens. A downbeat movie about an alien on a mothballed Prison planet wasn't what people wanted. It's a great end to the trilogy though. Ripley sacrifices herself to ensure the extinction of the Xenomorphs.

>You've been in my life so long I can't remember anything else

>Consider at the very least how different the Newt actress would look since she aged between "Aliens" and this film. You would need to either explain her cryo-chamber leaked or you would need to replace her with another actress, and neither of those would have been good.
and yet they clearly made an older dummy of her anyway
she aged like 5 years between movies. what are you, blind?

how did she get impregnated by an alien queen without realizing?

Ripley is only woman on prison planet. No hair, no weapons and no hope. She also have baby alien inside her. Alien should end with film.

So why don't you tell us what made it an objectively good film?
>inb4 amazing this, amazing that
personal preferences are not an argument.

So why don't you tell us what made it an objectively bad film?
>inb4 poor this, poor that
personal preferences are not an argument

Chestbursters do that. Queen is for laying eggs with chestbursters. Happened on escape modul during cryosleep.

ah yes, not sure why i was combining 2 and 3 in my head. i thought 3 was pretty great, why is it considered bad? nice dialogue and redpilled, and some very memorable scenes

>t. autist

>and yet they clearly made an older dummy of her anyway
the dummy looks like the 1986 Newt, you literal dummy

>she aged like 5 years between movies
yeah and the physical difference between a girl at 12 and 17 is night and day

Friend, you posted the thread, burden of proof lies on you. Don't act more retarded than you really are.

OP here.

That guy wasn't me, but he's right, your just being a faggot. I gave some explanations, certainly more than you did

It is good movie. Not funny capeshit. Propably just not right movie for your taste.

Your explanation of "I thought it was amazing! :>)" is worth jackshit when defending the movie. Surely you can come up with better than that.

People wanted a happily ever after Aliens 2 with Ripley, her new bf and their adopted daughter fighting off aliens and saving the day.

Instead they got a slap in the face instantly setting the grim tone for the rest of the movie. A kino move, but most americans can't even tolerate a "bad" ending (eg Leon) so a bad beginning that also ends with the death of the protagonist? The average retard consumer isn't ready and never will be.

Attached: 1517589106921.jpg (1156x771, 182K)

The effects were beyond shit. The acting was pretty bad from the inmates. Boring. The whole ending was AvP-tier (it's me, Mr. Weyland *winks at camera*)

Seeing Hicks' head from being smashed by the metal beam and seeing Newt's dead face from having drowned was more terrifying to me then any scene involving the alien, just like how in "aliens" the people molded into the hive was the scariest visual in that entire movie

Attached: alien3.jpg (575x809, 48K)

you obviously did not read the rest of OP's post, retard

>You've been in my life so long I can't remember anything else

~three weeks

>The effects were beyond shit.
example?

>The acting was pretty bad from the inmates.
example?

>Boring.
marvel fan detected

>The whole ending was AvP-tier (it's me, Mr. Weyland *winks at camera*)
the fuck are you talking about?

The part where you refute a strawman argument you came up with? Yeah, I read it, what about it?

i remember the muslim leader being good, but haven't seen the movie since i was a kid and i had no criteria at that point. don't remember much from the rest of inmates

the idea was good, but the execution, especially in the pacing, fell short. Mostly due to production bullshit that screwed Fincher over from making the movie he set out to do. Its still pretty solid if drab and meandering at times.The visual approach was on point, ill give Fincher that.

The theatrical is better in that it cuts the runtime to a tolerable degree, while the Assembly Cut makes it nearly as long as Aliens directors cut without enough going on to justify it. My personal dream cut would be something like the theatrical cut + the opening of the Assembly Cut + a few other scenes taken from the Assembly cut to smooth over some of the scenes but keep it from getting too long.

Read OP's post again, zoomer

>muslim leader

Attached: pepe-math1532872756402.jpg (741x568, 73K)

>example?

Oh come the fuck on. The alien looks like a ps2 render every time you see the whole body

you sound like you're out of arguments because you are realizing I am right.

not sure, the prison guy who beats up some guys to defend Ripley from getting raped, but then gets angry at Ripley for being a Thot and it's all her fault. I thought he was the muslim leader of the inmates for some reason

show one (1) example

I refuse to believe that you have seen the movie

>Muslim leader
>Movie is full of crosses
>Never use word Allah or Mohammed
Interesting

For fuck's sake, you facetious idiot, rewatch the damn movie.

Attached: alien-3-bad-cg.gif (500x211, 481K)

And that's even the best example in the movie. In other scenes it literally looks like they made some kind of mistake and never had time to fix it, it's that bad

Dude. It is old movie. CGI is fine.

looks fine if you don't put it in a loop

It was shit then and it's shit now.

it's not Avatar-tier CGI but it's fine

lads, come on, let's cut the crap

Attached: 1471221613997.png (1000x967, 2.29M)

IT'S A FUCKING PUPPET, THAT IS NOT FUCKING CGI. FUCKING REDDIT TOFU-SUCKING ZOOMER ADD FAGGOTS FUCKING KILL YOURSELVES

Attached: alien38120126666622.png (632x463, 327K)

If you think is a fucking puppet you probably have shit in your eyes, user.

It was intended to end the series, that was originally the reason Weaver agreed to do it.

It was good than. It is not that great now. For giant clusterfuck, result is miracle.

I know that. It literally looks like bad CGI though

Ivan, you don't know shit about what makes a movie good.

No, it was actually really bad effects even for the time

youtube.com/watch?v=79cHyA836Bw
starts at 2:45, now please jump off a cliff, zoomer

COPE

it wasn't fine even back then. It was generally agreed, that the CGI effects looked unfinished, what they were as the studio decided that there had been too much spent already.

thats the Assembly cut. The composite imaging thing they did still looks bad throughout the whole movie, but there is definitely unfinished effects left in for the Assembly cut, even the brief scenes when you see the Weyland corp team walking off their ship outside heading to the prison.

And yet you praise marvel-shit CGI, huh?

Masking to scene is CGI. I admit it sometimes doesn't work that well.

I think that people in the Alien universe dream while in Cryo-sleep, if so, I'm sure Ripley doesn't even dream anymore and only has Nightmares so she's been having the presence of aliens both in and out of sleep for hundreds of years now

Not cope, I watch RLM just like the rest of us, it's hardly hidden knowledge

>The only thing people can criticize is stuff from the horrible directors cut

AAHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA

theatrical cut > director's cut
Now please point out something wrong with the actual theatrical cut

Attached: 1550821693420 sharktank.gif (480x270, 1.36M)

>I watch RLM just like the rest of us

Attached: pepe-stare.jpg (250x250, 7K)

Just because two things are shit doesn't make one of the things not shit

He's right, it is an articulated puppet that's super-imposed into the scene. You're right that it looks like absolute shit though, it doesn't help that Jurassic Park came out less than a year later and revolutionized cgi thus making Alien3 look even worse and dated horrendously within a matter of months

Watch Avatar if you think movies are about CGI. That movie was propably made before you was born.

>their puppet is so bad it makes it look like shitty cgi
I know you think you got me, but this really isn't speaking in favor of the movie.

Does it mean you are shit or not?

>neither of those would have been good.
both would have been profoundly superior to "they're dead lol who cares"

are you gonna actually criticize something from the actual movie that was released?

How does mentioning Avatar makes Alien 3 a better movie?

you never obviously saw Alien 3, faggot

>ALIEN MOVIE NO HAVE SUPERHEROES OR OUTSOURCED CGI TO INDIA SO IT BAD

Attached: sz6wdwxjjge21.jpg (378x378, 31K)

I always liked it as well
I don't remember which cut had what any more, or the differences from the novelization

>hurr the assembly cut isn't the real movie
get bent, faggot. assembly cut was miles better than the theatrical cut, and it was still shit.

You could talk bout some real problems. But your argument is that effects are not good enough. There are few seconds of that bad masking. Criticize something from movie. Plot, acting, sets etc.

>shitty opinion and still cannot point out one thing bad with the actual real movie

Attached: pepe-laugh.jpg (2544x4000, 906K)

The last 40 posts have been about pointing out bad things with the movie. Did you just come in the thread?

Absolute non-sequitur, does not answer how Avatar is relevant in any way in defending Alien 3.

>literally only pointing out one scene that was never in the final film

>movie is about alien
>scenes depicting the Alien look like shit
I'd say that's a start. Still haven't gotten a single argument as to why the movie is good.

>still cannot point out one bad thing in the final film
really? are you really gonna be this obtuse?

you're retarded

If you are going to ignore simple words on a screen telling you exactly what was shit about the movie over and over, we will never get to the further reasons why the movie is shit.
Nevermind that, again, you made the thread, you have to provide arguments as to why it's good.

got it, you have no answer and are avoiding the question because you cannot point out even one thing wrong with the theatrical cut

You didn't answered anything. Why should i take your bad Avatar bait?

That's what I am wondering, you are the one who brought it up.

the special effects did not magically become better between the thetrical and the assembly cut. Case in point, go to 1:56
youtu.be/rDrF9LFn_cc?t=116
Now, for the love of god, tell us why the movie is good.

These zoomers are too far removed to know they were bad effects for the time

OP has 10/10 taste.

Alien 3 also has the best looking Alien.

Attached: 15lbHnO.gif (500x211, 968K)

dude that's literally a puppet, and it's intentionally shaking, they didn't even use cgi or a bluescreen there, are you so fucking drenched in disney-tier shit cgi that you cannot see a real object?

>t. zoomer pretending he is not a zoomer

>dude that's literally a puppet
How does this make it less shit? How come advocates of this shit movie can't put out a single good thing about it, yet when presented with evidence of the contrary, they'll resort to dishonesty and personal attacks?

I was born in 1987

Tell me how a newborn xenomorph shaking is supposed to look better than that

which makes it even sadder

Because if you think movies are about CGI, you should watch Avatar instead. But i already wrote that before.

>how should it look like
Like this. This is a movie from 1979, the shot is twice as long and is a close up, and yet it looks ten times better (1:42)
youtu.be/nPQ7om598OM?t=102
This is the last time I am answering you unless you provide a good reason why the film isn't shit, like you've been asked and unable to do for 70 posts.

Honestly. Is this trolling or you are just idiot?

fact
the covenant one looks like garbage

Tell us why movie is shit. It is not shit because it is good movie about purgatory.

Actually that's objectively wrong.

Attached: Alien-Covenant-gif-horror.gif (742x418, 2.84M)

what about it

Also it is obvious puppet in this scene. Wooden running away. Another bad example.

the point is it gives no sense of physically being there

Looks like plastic CGI to me.

lol look at how it's shaking, what a shitty puppet

Alien 3 was cinematography kino

Attached: alien3-2.jpg (1248x1873, 207K)

This.

>If you're not exactly my age, you should be ashamed of yourself

unironically correct

Cameron is a literally a hack.

fuck off. I've seen it when it was new and it was shit

Whay are you retarded contrarians rediscovering the shittiest movies in this and other franchises and gushing over them?
Go back to capeshit

Looks like you are capeshit fan here.

Because you expected Aliens: Part 2.

>Because you expected Aliens: Part 2.
franchise mentality is a zoomer thing. I (and everyone else except you) expected a good movie or no movie at all.

>Looks like you are capeshit fan here.
>no u

It is in fact stop motion filmed separately and composited into the final shot in post production.

That's more set design and lighting than anything else. I want to live in those sets.

it's a great end to the trilogy, but is more flawed than it's two predecessors.

>The acting was pretty bad from the inmates.
False. They were best thing about the film. Paul McGann was especially good.

Stop calling me 85.

Considering ressurection, prometheus and requiem exist I don't think anyone has reason to complain about 3

The steadicam stuff from the xeno's POV switching from ceiling to floor was brilliant. Can't think of many films that used it as good apart from The Shining

Don't forget 'Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure', though that's more a meme than iconic, I suppose.

That’s the 2nd one idiot.

>>BUT MUH NEWT AND HICKS

I always thought that was the best part. Just a gut-punch right at the start.

This guy knows what's up.

youtube.com/watch?v=cKY7ZFabTq8

There is no director's cut, Fincher bailed before post production because he hated the fucking movie. Ironically Fincherfags are the only reason this shit gets spammed as the second coming of christ

Attached: bravo.jpg (1050x591, 69K)