The Goldfinch trailer 2

youtube.com/watch?v=NM8hLj_qz5c

Cinema is saved

Attached: MV5BMzYxM2JjYjgtMTM4MC00YjA0LWFiYmYtMTBjM2Q1ZjQ0YmY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg (2764x4096, 1.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kT8cX2-_7pQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looks terrible. Elgort is a charisma vacuum. Crowley is a hit or miss director.

I love the book, really hope they'll do it justice

>WE'RE CINEMTOGRAPHYING

Attached: 324234.jpg (1200x1254, 224K)

It's shot by Roger Deakins. What did you expect?

>omg sunset and silhouette

Attached: 91e3442b5f23b659cc790baf73adbeb6.jpg (620x348, 19K)

I don't get the drama
>a boy's mother is killed but he's also stole a painting and is adopted by a rich family
What's so special about this?

Nice cinematography. Story looks sentimental and mediocre.

It's the Oscar bait version of books, that's what these Pulitzer books are about. I read 20 pages and dumped the book, it was gay.

I heard people saying that the book is great but both of the trailers were cut completely terrible. I don't even know what it's about and it looks like sappy melodramatic trash.

He’s also gay

Attached: AAAB1024-CBE2-4CA6-B850-5056678C62F1.jpg (750x724, 78K)

Is this gonna be the gay movie of the year?

Reminds me of "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close." These movies all have trailers with a swelling score and a barrage of pretty images and you're supposed to feel the scope of life itself, the highs and lows, the tragedy and the beauty of it all. And it's totally sudden and unearned. Malick does the same thing but for arthouse crowd.

God this he's so hot

>that kid got to kiss finn
jealous desu~

Nicely put

The kiss that saved cinema

Attached: theo bori kiss.webm (600x338, 171K)

I just read the plot and this seems awful. I really hate plots that involve drug use as a means of communicating that a character is going through rough times.

Garbage direction of the kiss itself.

It's definitely not as graphic as the ones in Stranger Things

Attached: mileven kiss.webm (800x397, 244K)

Is this a gay kiss? Can't see the left person's gender.

But this is good, I think because it's not a reflective, emotional moment but a suspenseful one, the beauty has a more surprising effect or something

The book is really good, so there's potential. Seems like the went a little bit too oscarbaity with the movie, but the material is fun and well written.

I've read the book and it's very bourgy and hard to adapt. No wonder the trailers all look so bad despite being distributed by WB, the best studio when it comes to trailers

>4channel are absolute fucking idiots
wow I'm so suprised

I just read the synopsis on wikipedia.
So who set up the bomb or was it just a macguffin.

terrorists

Fucking based holy shit. Too bad the book was total shit with a terrible fucking ending. Near 800 pages of this fucking drivel

He's not tho. He's bi at best

Damn you got it perfectly. Couldn’t have said better myself

Doesn’t matter

the book sucks you ugly little so󠛡yboy faggot, cry about

>ITT people that should just stick to comic books

Why is the kid always being subjected to so many kissing scenes at such young age?

haha i fucking knew there would some fucking cuck nigger like you come in here running his mouth

hey mofo, the book won a fucking pulitzer and was deeply emotional for anyone with a fucking lick of common sense. your tough boy bravado doesn't work here, bitch fucker

>duhhh the bland faggot book won an award only because it was a faggot book so it must be good
off yourself you so󠛡ychugging freak

your tiny brain seems to be triggered, calm down brainlet

Give a quick rundown of the book or something that will make me excited for the film. Do you think that Ansel is the right guy for the main role?

>WB
It's shit

Have you even read the book?

>Do you think that Ansel is the right guy for the main role?
Not the guy that you're replying, but fucking no. He's incredibly bland and too much of a cute boy to portray Theo.

Because of all the pedo producers ofc. All those kid actors are sexualized by them, his co-star from IT was just announced to play a 15 yrs old gay boy in love with an adult for a TV show

use your brain, you fucking donald trump superfan fucking cock stain. kill your family and then yourself you fucking maggot slice of shit

That's what i thought, why the fuck is Ansel in every film now? He is a terrible actor, 0 charisma too.

you've permanently warped your brain judging by all this projection

consider suicide like the faggot character in the faggot book, lad

I'd rather read an Asian Saga novel, that's infinitely better than award bait novels.

Not him but please leave this thread you utter faggot

I thought Elgort's perfect for Theo, who was the most obnoxious, bland and unlikable character in the book.

Bet his asshole is big as a literal manhole by now

Have sex, incel.

I hate this already after trailer, what's the point of this crap?

Boris

I'm sure that Donna Tartt who writes one book for 10 years is very much concerned about awards.

'
kek, thanks for proving my point. eat shit and fucking die you pathetic fucking trump shills. fuck you and that orange cheeto fucking piece of shit lmao

why are you even on this site you fat retard

He doesn't look at all like a brat that's lost everything. Theo is bland and obnoxious, but not the same kind as Elgort. Elgort is like a pretty boy designed by comittee where Theo should be like one of the users of this site.

stop larping and making goldfinchbros look bad

This is why I hate fiction like this.

Are you ok?

Is the book any good?

Its just an incident at the beginning. It's not really important. This is not a Tom Clancy thriller or anything, man.

Tartt's best book so far, imo. She's in the frontier between pop art and real literature, but seeing the reactions here it seems that she's Virginia Woolf or something.

It's absolute tripe, Forgettable, boring tripe of the highest order.

Attached: 3A2A45EC-2979-47F3-8F55-17AE5AD23136.png (500x745, 154K)

People on 4channel should be excited about the fact that the book fantastically portrays someone who looses whole purpose and meaning of life and passively just let's things happen to him while desperately holding on to the past.

Absolutely not, he's a terrible choice for Theo.

He’s just the right guy for the job

Attached: image.jpg (565x706, 147K)

Are you implying Virginia Woolf is not only better but good at all? lmao

This is so fucking cheap

>People on 4channel should be excited about the fact that the book fantastically portrays someone who looses whole purpose and meaning of life and passively just let's things happen to him while desperately holding on to the past.
How do i avoid this faith?

Weird phrasing. She's good (great, one of the greatest) and, of course, she is better than Tartt.

Secret History is Tartt's best book

>Sarah Paulson
No thank you

Watch this movie

Goldfinch>Little Friend>Secret History. Secret History is too much Patricia Highsmith's Dead Poets Society for my taste.

lmao, fuck you both. lmao, lol

>making hobie black

Attached: 1531360788812.png (218x218, 87K)

It’s a good premise on paper, but the book itself is extremely boring and pointless. That fucking ending was a fucking insult to me. Also the way she portrays drug addiction is laughably bad and unrealistic

fuck off Ansel

Jeffrey Wright is probably the best actor of the whole cast, so no real problem there.

are you 13?

I’m unironically okay with that cuz Hobies race is not that important at all. Also based Jeffrey Wright is perfect for that role

This trailer looks awful and so does Nicole Kidman.

I hope Tartt makes a lot of money off of the movie though.

>extremely boring and pointless
not everyone has a low attention span of a 5 year old

Why are so many movies about art forgery terrible?

bad Art Forgery Movies
>can you ever forgive me?
>art of the steal (bad)
>thomas crown affair (alright but not good)
>ordinary decent criminal (based Spacey tho)
>the Maiden Heist (WH Macey mustache looks like it's gonna fall off)

The only ones I can think of are F is For Fake and Gambit (the old michael cane movie).

Weird, I think Secret History touches upon totally different subjects and themes. It's more of a modern/zoomer version of Crime and Punishment and that's still not very close imo.
Well I might be biased, anyway, the kiss between Richard and Francis is one of the most erotic things I've read.

Oh I am sorry I didn’t like this glorified YA novel which is also extremely pretentious and devoid of any original morality. “DUDE LIKE SHIT HAPPENS LMAO”. The way the final conflict is resolved is frigging hilarious at how lazy and unmotivated it is. “Oh shit I just spent 600 pages having no plot wthasoever I better shove in some cheap drama”. It’s fucking pathetic that this book gets so much praise. It’s valid and pointless

Pretty much everybody likes Secret History, so I might be in my own biased minority. It didn't work for me, it reeked of a first novel (not that it's a bad thing, but still). I think she focused much better in her later works.

The book was shit so why would I expect this to be good

Hahahaha yes libturd lololol killary lover hahahahaha fucking s oyboy ohohohohoho fucking numale cuck
see how stupid you sound?

Stop giving him you’s

>original morality
this is how you spot a redditor that uses smart sounding phrases without any understanding of what they mean

lol, fuck you

>BWAAAAAAAAAAA I SPOTTED REDDIT LOOK AT ME AHAHAHAHAHAH LADS LOOK LOOK HE SAID SOMETHING THAT IS REDDIT HAHAHHA
Do you have any idea how pathetic you sound right now? If you have something to say about the book and want to prove me wrong then fucking say it. Otherwise your opinion will be discarded. Truth be told you are the Reddit one here for liking this book pal. So jokes on you

Attached: 7CD80392-188B-49C9-B9D4-21F2F717069C.png (645x773, 11K)

this. he's relentlessly cute and i want to fuck him relentlessly. but I couldn't stand him "acting"

But that makes you gay

Attached: 24BE8A71-B54F-4173-9CFA-A05C020F7C11.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

so?

Bruh you’ll go to hell.....

looks like shit. shit casting, shit director. to make this movie work you'd need to have the museum scene be a third of the movie.

Honestly this fits the subject matter considering The Goldfinch is dishonest literature.

it's the only tartt novel i don't really like. it doesn't matter who set off the bomb, it's about the intensity of the sequence. movie seems to miss all that the book is about and turn it into a vehicle for niggerfaggotry.

>bourgy

worst way to describe tartt's style, she just likes dickens.

I agree with the people that say Goldfinch ends poorly but it's still worth reading. But read other Tartt books as well, they're better. Movie looks like kike shit.

I hope that boy knows how lucky he is

t. reddit

based

basically this

Are you fucking retarded or something?

>reddit snowflake getting butthurt
oh look at him, so sad

The hype is on

Melodramatic, sentimental tripe.

This. The book is not good at all, I don't get the praise for it. It isn't bad either, but forgettable. And that is worse then writing a bad book.

This guy looks like that old weed dude from gamey grumps or something. Dan? He makes music too.

youtu.be/kT8cX2-_7pQ
They think they do too

What the fuck is this gay shit?
Fucking jews I swear.

pretty excited for this. I find Ansel very irritating so hopefully he won't fuck up the whole movie for me. guy who wrote the adapted screenplay also wrote Wolf Hall as well as Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy which are both great imo. Crowley is a hit or miss director, Brooklyn was okay but at least showed potential. Deakins is a great cinematographer as much as tv throws buzzwords at him in some vague attempt to say anything meaningful. Composer is some literal who so hopefully they don't use some generic sappy shit.
It has the potential to be great but we'll just have to wait and see.

>Why do you keep pausing on my surname user?... You want to do what to me?

Attached: ashleigh-cummings.jpg (427x640, 77K)

This is a nice song

the secret history is better.

I’d wolfhard until she cummings

do you think Finn knew that this would be happening before shooting?

I don't think he is that much of a reader so no.

Cast is pretty strong. I just finished the book the other day. I don't get why people find Theo unlikeable. I thought almost all the characters in the book except Kitsey were extremely likeable.

I'm excited for the adaption. Casting choices are really strong.

i didn't mean theo, i just meant Ansel. hated him in baby driver. i doubt he'll do justice to the character... but we'll see

I like who they chose to play the younger version of him. Looks like how I pictured him in my head. I think Ansel is a solid choice for older Theo.

We will see how he plays the character. Personally I think Elgort is a good actor but he seems like an unintentional douche in real life

>Ansel Elgort

and dropped. Trash actor only there because of nepotism

That’s a big cast