I just finished marathoning this film

I just finished marathoning this film.

Why did it get panned? Was it the gratuitous violence? I'm not on the up and up on Hellboy lore but from a thematic experience this was vastly super to Del Taco's entries. The only advantage his had was nice practical effects and the darker atmosphere was cool.

Attached: hellboy.jpg (1000x563, 530K)

Some anons think it's all over the place but they also love Endgame and winter soldier so their opinions don't really matter

I guess I can see that. it's definitely constantly moving and pushing the story along.

cool. i'll consider watching it now

They overstuffed the shit outta it,probably knew they wouldn't get a sequel.
That and all the good stuff was in the red band trailer

the fight scenes sucked dick, looked like it was on a rollercoaster track rather than actual fights

daddy issues the movie

You have to remember the shit that went on behind the scenes too. The director never had the final say over the film and hellboy walked off set kek. But yeah, it's not as bad as people make it out to be

>cringey dialogue
>some of the worst puns I've ever heard in a film
>awful CGI
>cast is a clusterfuck of uncharismatic assholes
>fight scenes lack any and all impact

It's mediocre in its own right but compared to the del toro ones it's an absolute piece of shit

The originals are well beloved cult classics, it could have been the perfect film and still not been enough

OP, I feel the same but think GDT's films had more soul to them. Otherwise it's an entertaining R-rated monster mash and I admire that they went for an R-rating instead of more PG-13 shit!!!FACT!!!

Had too much shit going on. Felt like they tried to jam 3 different movies worth in. Seemed like they couldn't figure out what to focus on. Also, Hellboy himself was off. He looked like he as talking from behind a mask where as the Del Toro one was extremely expressive.

Whole thing felt hastily edited together.

I swear no-one liked The Golden army when it first came out

Nobody likes anything when it comes out. As you age and the world keeps getting worse, you look back fondly on films and realise you were too harsh at the time

I love B.P.R.D. and Hellboy, should I bother watching this?

>it's not as bad as people make it out to be

What are you on? This was literally one of the worst movies I'd ever seen. The tone was constantly shifting between DUDE JOKE LMAO to Oh god...This is serious to the point where it felt like nothing mattered. The acting was all terrible (Hellboy screaming BABAAAA....YAGAAAAAA made me laugh outloud as did many other "dramatic" moments) besides for the jaguar captain, and they spent all their budget on the CGI for the hell scenes/giant demons.

Hopefully you do the same with 2019 hellboy

The only real dramatic moment is when papa dies.

Nah, I'm a del taco version kinda guy. This will always be a pale reflection in my rose-tinted glasses

Even that one was messy. They play it all dramatic but all Deadwood-Dad says is basically "stop crying you pussy". Also having the sad dramatic moment being with his terrible CGI plehm ghost form was a bad choice.

Del Taco's pacing was way too slow and had too many boring/pointless subplots.

'19 was better.

how do you marathon a single movie you zoomer piece of shit?

(You)

go watch a fortnite dabbing cringe compilation zoom-zoom

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

/thread

what the fuck do you mean Marathon?
You mean you watched the movie?

Hellow newfriend

go away

This was good movie with soul and hijinks. Giant battle was great and so was gruaghagh. Too bad there will never be a sequel.

Attached: 66EAA6E4-6592-4B59-9C77-495B6E5E1F4E.jpg (2200x1020, 1.45M)