Enjoy season 1

>Enjoy season 1
>Find season 2 pretty okay
>Can't get through season 3, finally shut it off when Hopper steals a car
Why'd it get bad?

Attached: ST3_Production_Still_2.0.jpg (1200x800, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6zp03MXF9Cw
youtu.be/DNQLfspJaHI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It didn't. You just turned into a joyless fuck.

Attached: 1562452581427[2].jpg (500x500, 56K)

It didn't, it was always bad and you just realised you won't take it anymore

this show was never good

«STRANGER THINGS 2» IS AN IMPROVEMENT OVER «STRANGER THINGS 1»; «STRANGER THINGS 3» IS AN IMPROVEMENT OVER THE PREVIOUS TWO «SEASONS», BEING BETTER SEASONED; «STRANGER THINGS» IS VULGAR ENTERTAINMENT, POPULAR FODDER, STOCK MEDIA CONTENT, CANDY, AND, AS SUCH, THE LATEST INSTALLMENT IS MORE SPECTACULAR ENTERTAINMENT, RICHER FODDER, GLOSSIER STOCK, SWEETER CANDY; MY PRIME OBJECTION IS THAT THEY PERVERTED THE «MAXINE» CHARACTER, FROM IMPETUOUS AND SLY TO IDLE AND VAIN —I WISH FOR THIS TO BE CORRECTED IN FUTURE «SEASONS».

Attached: IMG_2654.png (1080x1080, 2.36M)

It’s a shit show. Watch euphoria instead

The show follows a pattern.
>first half of season varying levels of shit or good, mostly shit
>Second half usually better (exception being S2E7)
Without fail

>Why'd it get bad?

It didn't get bad. It's just that all the kids are growing up and it's fucking up my moral compass to realize I want to hump Eleven and Mad Max now.

Is this show worth watching beyond "DUDE 80s NOSTALGIA LOL"?

The 80’s film aesthetic novelty wore off. Without it it’s just a mediocre show

I only care about steve, hopper and winonas characters, all the other retards can go fuck themselves.

Season 1 is gold, the rest not so much.

at least season 3 didn't force the ginger to kiss the black kid.

It stopped being about plucky 80s stuff with a dark undertone and started being boring meaningless tripe for white people to jerk off over with terrible slapstick, shitty characters, nostalgiabait, and tons of uninteresting stereotypes.

Dubs of truth

No

youtu.be/6zp03MXF9Cw

Season 2 was the shitty one, season 3 was a vast improvement. All the horror/suspense stuff is seriously lacking in 2 compared to 1/3, and a lot of time is wasted on bullshit. 3's biggest flaw is all of the romance drama stuff but season two was just as bad if not worse in that regard.

she looks like chucky

You realized Finn’s character is the only thing worth watching and there’s not much reason to watch it otherwise

Once upon a time, there was a mediocre movie called Super 8. It billed itself as an homage to 80s films, especially Spielberg ones, and it sucked. It sucked because all it was was just references to better movies with no real identity of its own. Perhaps it can be enjoyed in a vacuum, but if you've seen the source material then Super 8 is just the film equivalent of a Weezer cover.

Stranger Things season 1 did what Super 8 tried and failed to do. It didn't pay homage to 80s adventures, it was an 80s adventure. The John Carpenter music and faded neon text created a really engaging atmosphere. The 80s setting wasn't nostalgia bait, it felt like a necessary time period for the story to unfold in. It drew from the best tropes of the era. The Duffer brothers remembered the importance of horror, and the show could actually be pretty scary at times. The horror element also really brought the characters together in the most engaging way possible. The creature seemed to draw from childhood superstitions, like the anxiety you get when you would be quiet long enough to realize that the room is silent and you would be afraid to make a noise in case you alert your presence to some otherworldly monster. Recapturing old childhood fears is actually pretty fun.

I'm not going to call season 2 and 3 bad, but they're definitely a downgrade. I guess it's inevitable that the horror element would degrade over time, but there are very rarely moments that feel genuinely tense. The writing became more quippy, and in season 3 it almost feels like Joss Whedon wrote it. It started bringing the 80s setting to the forefront more, and that isn't good. It's becoming Super 8. Season 3 also pays homage to the worst 80s cliche: the annoying minority child sidekick. The little black girl is insufferable. I don't blame the actress, she was just given the worst writing in the show.

I want Steve to catch a break so much. Poor guy deserves a win.

It's literally a parody of itself. The flanderization of Hopper is the saddest thing.

>I'm not going to call season 2 and 3 bad
That's because you're a fanboy.

Check'd and agreed

I want Will to have a blond blue-eyed boyfriend.

Noah Schnapp is insanely handsome.

Sam Taylor Buck is insanely handsome.

I didn't finish s3, did Mike and Elle get back together?

Sam Ashe Arnold is insanely handsome.

Attached: Stranger.Things.3-7-2.webm (1920x1080, 2.98M)

There is no other character that I hate more than that little niglet. Why the fuck did they think this was a good idea.

>Why'd it get bad?
>Netflix

My sweet summer child

it plays like an 80s cheap slasher flick with monster jump scares rather than an ET / Goonies style adventure

They got back together but she left with the Byers again

Attached: 5DC59FA5-97E5-45F3-9BF2-689E0878C912.jpg (750x734, 71K)

Season 3 had a better atmosphere and overall plot, but the writing itself took some massive shits.
>Johnathan doesn't take Nancy's suspicions about possible supernatural phenomena seriously, despite the previous 2 seasons
>Hopper does the same with Wynona
>Johnathan sees a rat in a cage acting like it's possessed. Kind of like how his brother was possessed. Nancy pulls him away from it because obviously it's nothing. Within seconds, the rat bursts into gibs and turns into a gore zombie.
>Steve and fucked up teeth kid decide to infiltrate a secret Russian base with only the help of a dyke and a wise cracking black girl
>Will is forced to break up with Eleven by Hopper, but makes no attempt to explain to her his situation. It's not like Hopper is eavesdropping, either.
>there are about 4 different adventures going on at the same time and nobody from any of the groups thought to communicate with the others, even at ample opportunities.
>no matter how much danger they're in, the characters will never stop making small talk and cracking one liners. Fucked up teeth kid and the black girl are the absolute worst and suck all of the tension out of the Russian base.

Although, both seasons really fucked up Steve's character. Part of what made him such a memorable character from the first season was the way that they took the popular jerk character and made a real human being out of him. He acts like a complete asshole to begin with, but he matures in a natural way. It was really unique how instead of Nancy leaving him for the loveable outcast, instead they reconciled and stayed together. It's character progression that I hadn't seen before, and it was one of the reasons that the show didn't feel shackled by 80s movie traditions.

Season 2 and 3 breaking up Steve and Nancy just felt obligatory. It was the writers pussying out of doing something unique. It also opened the door to too much focus on relationship drama. Sometimes, it's okay for characters to be single.

They didn't decide to infiltrate a secret Russian base. They caught the Russian transmission, translated it, cracked the code and tried to see what was in the storage room. And then they were fucked when it turned out that the storage room was an elevator car and they had no way back to the surface.

An they could not communicate from underground too so not radioing the rest of the kids was not their fault,

That's still some major tv character logic. That isn't inherently bad, but considering how much more logically characters behaved in season 1, it's a pretty jarring difference. Their season 1 selves would contact the authorities, not get any help from them and then decide to go in themselves. And get help from Hopper.

You got a lot wrong here. Hopper didn't force Will to break up with Eleven. Will was being a little shithead, Hopper put him in his place, and he was so scared to be around Hopper and Eleven at the same time that he just balked, because (surprise surprise) he's a teenager and this is his first real relationship.

And I meant to add to my other post that the discovery of the base was incidental. Their hope was to just find some incriminating stuff and turn it over to the proper authorities.

Seems like they've dealt with some crazy shit in the past and are getting a little too big for their britches. Kind of like what teenagers would do or something.

Will is that shivering little fag who wants to play d&d, did you even watch the show?

Have sex

i actually enjoyed season 3 the most.
season 1 was pretty good
season 2 was shit
this season at least kept me watching.

half of this seaosn literally takes place in a mall
the main villian chasing joyce and hopper was a reference to terminator in looks and personality
there were references fucking galore including two different movies. one being the biggest movie of the eighties
youre retarded

>Season 1 is gold, the rest not so much.

This. The load was blown in the first season and you can't put it back in.

Tis show is diarrhea coming out of my dick. It fuckin sucks it suckin fucks it fuckin blows its a piece of shit... and I don't like it.

Are you genuinely dyslexic or is this bait?
None of that's a good thing you chucklefuck.

Disgusting feminist writer insert coal burning whore.

>It stopped being about plucky 80s stuff
thats literally all it was.
its not a good thing but at least complain about the shitty parts instead of making shit up

>top secret russian code is cracked by a teenager because the russians just needed to make very obvious references to the location of the entrance for the plot
>nobody cared when random russian thugs ID'd them after leaving a movie theater in the 80's

Pandering to the vocal teenage fanbase, same thing that happens to every popular show.

Imagine unironically watching Netflix propaganda.
And even worse, imagine paying for it.

tfw they could have had a goat relationship with the scoops ahoy crew and still had their lesbian representation by having her suddenly kiss eleven and dump lucas to go explore the beaver dam
they could have finally stopped fucking with chad steve and cucked someone else for a change

Why do you Amerimutts constantly whine about white people for no reason at all?
You are the most cancerous nation on Earth, for fucks sake.

Eventually sneedy.

Man Hopper did not deserve to go out like this. Still, throwing that russian terminator wannabe into the generator was based as fuck.

he didnt go out dude
> his final words were "see you in hell"
the news montage literally has the towns sign spraypainted to say welcome to hell
also the end credits scene i was forced to watch has the russian guards say "no not the american" and grab another prisoner to feed to the demon dog thingy

True we did not see a body so he is not dead.

Hopefully season 4 gives steve both a qt waifu and a happy ending so I can stop being invested in this shitty fucking series. The only thing that could save this series is if they introduce a new protagonist that's actually interesting, but that won't happen.

>with a dark undertone
Again, are you dyslexic?

I do it because I know white people are the most likely to defend shitty TV shows, especially the contrarian whites here on Yea Forums and ESPECIALLY white women.
Consider it preemptive.

It's Netflix, most of it's viewers are American, which means most of the people who eat this shit up are not white.

user, you do know that there are still white people in America, correct?
Plus (dark) spics get really salty when you call them white too.

Thanks bro.

Murray is the authors avatar

Super 8 was pretty fun
But I think the best part isn't that it's about muh 80's but that the actors are literal kids and not some 30 year olds playing 16 year olds.
ST feels a lot like Moonrise Kingdom, a comfy coming of age film/series, only much sadder.

Attached: cear-wes-anderson-moonrise-kingdom-on-set-h.jpg (640x427, 56K)

youtu.be/DNQLfspJaHI

What's their fucking problem?

Season 1 was lucky enough to get enough elements right but was still pretty bad (and most of what they got right was almost wholesale ripped off). Once they had to create a wholly original series it became obvious they could only steal or reimagine, not create.

Basically no one in season 2 or beyond acts like human beings or people who are aware of momsters and an alternate dimension.

Fuck off jew. Trannies should be shot. They do not belong on TV.