What are the creepiest scenes in film history?

What are the creepiest scenes in film history?

Attached: file.jpg (637x339, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0FTKqEnGKI
youtu.be/jop7CacxnGo
youtu.be/HNUfmV-ExTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gQbQi77ibA4
youtu.be/-ePGeO87dZE?t=212
youtube.com/watch?v=z5OGQr3xdfM
youtu.be/tbNjk7V5YMM?
youtube.com/watch?v=nnrT_zyumAM
youtube.com/watch?v=qZowK0NAvig
youtu.be/6C-Y3oX5PyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vSb7eT2D-gw
youtube.com/watch?v=VnY0fEV30Wk
youtube.com/watch?v=AdIlLn52Oak
youtube.com/watch?v=IoiaAvzBF5U
vimeo.com/38639965
youtube.com/watch?v=O5e2wzjuwJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=aIhnqkXWSR8
youtube.com/watch?v=tdEqXdMNhb8
youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY
youtube.com/watch?v=PmNdhL9_nPM
youtube.com/watch?v=aUPq6X-Y1Kg
youtube.com/watch?v=OGsv0pJemTY
youtube.com/watch?v=FDY43_tAZt0
youtube.com/watch?v=rRuulhJ2ARQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lLu9iYaAjPU
youtube.com/watch?v=8hkLhMuzk3E
youtu.be/HS3mbigrd_0
youtube.com/watch?v=IHrCseIH81w
youtu.be/vcBkm1nOI5k?t=290
youtube.com/watch?v=UozhOo0Dt4o
youtu.be/_LvUmxUqPTo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=um9rXGoMTv8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is that?

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0FTKqEnGKI

Attached: 1553262161078.png (440x567, 173K)

pulse

Attached: sorrytoendyourthread.jpg (1108x831, 59K)

Please don't.

Attached: 65432165.png (353x334, 137K)

Even though the Babadook itself is B tier at best this little segment with her seeing herself on TV is pretty chilling
youtu.be/jop7CacxnGo

A better example would be the phone video scene from Lake Mungo though that one requires a bit more context to get the full effect imo.
youtu.be/HNUfmV-ExTQ

youtube.com/watch?v=gQbQi77ibA4

Any scene featuring you, OP.

Attached: 1551835316266.jpg (697x480, 85K)

Cheap, but this got me:
youtu.be/-ePGeO87dZE?t=212

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Yeah, that is unsettling.

Is every post itt purposely going to be a jump scare scene? It's okay to like non-jump scare horror anons.

Attached: WOMENS EMPORIUM RALLY.png (280x9944, 55K)

?

OP's pic isn't a jumpscare.

i was gonna link a video of The Witch but there is literally nothing to show

can't beat this
youtube.com/watch?v=z5OGQr3xdfM

Attached: exorcist3.jpg (220x327, 19K)

I think you've just been waiting for an excuse to use this image.

The hobo represents the lowest depths that a human being can fall to.
A primordial being living in its own filth until it has dirt tacked onto its face like an animal.

It's the deepest fear of someone trying to make it in Hollywood that dreams of glamour in luxury that other people look at as a depiction of beauty that they want to aspire to.

When the main said "I hope I never see that face again" he was saying that he hopes he never sees the side of him that goes down that path.

EDIT: Wow, thanks for the gold, kind stranger!

No, I didn't even wait for an excuse, I've been posting it regardless of context for about a week.

In that case I'd check out ops link and the one below as well prior to posting.

Nothing comfier than a Yea Forums horror thread

That "Say hello to Barry" bit in Snowtown has to be one of the most fucked up lines in film

Attached: images (10).jpg (620x349, 9K)

that's the one for me. I could literally hear my heartbeat racing because there was no sound.

No. I don't come here to watch movie clips.

I'm guessing you need to see the buildup to this for it to be creepy? It looks funny without context

Fair enough but helps think before saying something silly.

based

>What are the creepiest scenes in film history?
When you notice the face of pazuzu show up while watching the exorcist

i think in pandorum when the ship is revealed to have arrived at its destination and when the characters look outside the window everything is black like if they lost outside the boundries of the playable area of the universe, that scene made me sweat hard, its the scariest thing i ever seen.

In "Life", when the alien gets inside Deadpool's head and when it's cocooned in Jake Gylenhaal's pod.

I don't know what to think about this.
My instinct tells me it's bad,

The atmosphere in Jacob's ladder is still unmatched by anything else if you ask me

this movie is in my top 3 horrors of all time. if you didnt see it you should watch it.

This. Having this scene happen after all that build up and having no clue what to expect almost killed me.

babadook or lake mungo

Honestly the scene itself has nothing to it, if anything it looks dorky

But the sound of the jumpscare sting is incredible

Yeah, which one? I'm not a fan of horror movies, the last one I saw was the Ring (US) on a bootleg VHS right when it came out. The shitty quality of the tape just added to the spookiness, because it was like we were actually watching the damn tape itself. it was actually pretty decent

youtu.be/tbNjk7V5YMM?

Attached: shining-freaks.png (2400x1350, 1.51M)

Jump scare done right. One of the few times.

What movie?

Mulholland Drive
Not a horror movie, but if you plan on watching it don't look it up and spoil it for yourself

He's sort of spoiled it by seeing the image. He knows to expect a 4spooky jump scare when he sees that wall.

It feels like an actual nightmare. One of my favorite movies

Attached: 1552972709250.png (1080x628, 747K)

No, asian horror films just aren't scary. When you've seen one chick in make-up move "unnaturally" with spooky music and dim lighting you've seen them all.

>go to a haunted house
>see a spooky ghost
>it trips over its own two feet on flat ground while walking in a straight line
>then it starts doing dips on a knocked over table

So what's the plot here? Is that a ghost or is this dude just being chased around by a clumsy, autistic fitness enthusiast?

>He knows to expect a 4spooky jump scare when he sees that wall
The first time I watched this movie I was expecting the same thing. This fucking movie makes you expect a 4spooky jump scare and it happens no matter what.

The food orgy scene in that one joe rogan movie

I can't recognize the movie

What's this from?

Signs.
Not a specially scared movie, but that scene haunted for hen I was a kid.

Signs.
Not a specially scary movie, but that scene haunted me I was a kid.

The build up was really scary, it's a shame they payoff was so lame with all the Christfag stuff.

Attached: lanklet.jpg (1200x680, 33K)

Great choices.

Attached: what have I seen.gif (400x225, 1.73M)

youtube.com/watch?v=qZowK0NAvig

say what you will about lynch but he captures the essence of nightmares. this is the kind of shit that would wake me up in a cold sweat if i dreamed it.

Attached: haha.jpg (961x512, 26K)

Attached: deh.jpg (800x600, 191K)

im not him but lake mungo is much better than the babadook

EEEAAHHHH

Attached: boo.png (618x272, 256K)

Manlet propaganda. In 5 years Napoleons will be an official oppressed minority. Mark my words.

That jumpscare and the one from Mulholland Drive do it from me.

Best jumpscare in the history of cinema, and an actual well done one at that.

came to post this, also hospital scene

Attached: WdL4DZV.gif (400x218, 2.15M)

the real scary part is from 0:10 to 0:45

spoopy

>Surrounded by Jews and accosted by niggers before the appearance of demonic entities.

What was Adrian Lyne trying to say here?

When we were young me and my brother would spend ages rewinding, playing, and pausing the VHS trying to pause it exactly on a pazuzzu frame. By the time we managed it it was midnight and his still image scared the shit out of us

dam that is scary. had to turn it off 20 seconds in.

Watched this movie when it first came out on dvd right about the time i was just getting into Lynch.
The buildup to this scene was intense... then when it happened, i totally wasnt expecting it. Jesus Christ.

Attached: 1562995722607.jpg (519x500, 40K)

shes cute doe.

This scene is hilarious to me. The alien stretches his arms like he's asking for a hug, always crack me up...

babadook,i didnt see the other one, and i love it cuz its not one of those shitty jumpscares or anything, the whole atmosphere of the movies gets under ur skin , gets pretty tense at the end.

Attached: wheel.webm (628x350, 250K)

>he doesn't want to get sexually harrased by qt black girls
never gonna make it

my heart genuinely skipped a beat during this scene

youtu.be/6C-Y3oX5PyQ

>lake mungo
this is fucking garbage stop shilling it

delete this

No screencap but the scene near the end of Noroi (the curse) in the forest really got me good on my first watch. You know, the big reveal.

The part in Creep where Joseph stands behind Aaron for a good minute while holding the same axe he had questioned him about earlier.

LUNCHED

Lake Mungo is great and also a great plebfilter, see

>Creep
Garbage. The only people who enjoy this Duplass abortion are retards who enjoy bottom of the barrell POV film garbage that comes out every year during fall

It's the epitome of >it's slow so it must be good, ooooohhh so creepy and spooky boring interviews with nothing happening and then a scary face from mobile footage. Soooo good!

This. It's nothing but eighty fucking six minutes to a jumpscare that was suppose to somehow pay off the boring bullshit you just watched.

The movie itself isn't that great. Redditors love patting each other on the back for liking it, though.

Absolute retards. You probably complain when movies aren't "realistic"

Not creepy but this absolutely fucking beats out anything modern horror has produced and it's an excellent scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=vSb7eT2D-gw

also i really liked the atmosphere in this one

youtube.com/watch?v=VnY0fEV30Wk

feels like no one here saw this never seen it being mentioned

>Even though the Babadook itself is B tier at best this little segment with her seeing herself on TV is pretty chilling
this part really bothered me. It reminded me of that feeling you get when you realize you're being insane, or suspect that you are.

the Mungo scene is also great, good choices user

>POV
Any real reasons you didn't like it?

You can't polish a piece of dog shit like lake mungo and call it gold, user.

If all you got from Lake Mungo was the "jump scare" you are literally sub 90-IQ

Cool same fag viral marketing. Fuck outta here.

my brother is a horror fiend and swears by the original made for tv version of woman in black. hard to find apparently. don't expect dumbass jump scares, though.

>About to pop Lake Mungo in RIGHT NIOW.

Wish me luck Yea Forums.

Attached: 1539052077727.png (470x584, 494K)

youtube.com/watch?v=AdIlLn52Oak

how has nobody posted this

someone did

It wasn't scary and the atmosphere was dull with very few tense moments. Duplass's speech about "raping" his wife might be shocking if you're a sheltered homo but it did nothing for me. It it wasn't for the bedroom scene at foureye's house it would have been completely worthless. I should mention my opinion is biased because I hate Mark Duplass but nonetheless Creep is a shit movie if you aren't a sheltered 20 year old

If you treat the movie as what it's presenting itself to be then you'll enjoy it much more

youtube.com/watch?v=IoiaAvzBF5U

Shit and far from scary. I laughed. And that was before the Japanese acting kicked in.

The scene in event horizon where they listen to the sound fragments. The rest is kinda tame but there are some really unsettling sounds in that scene.

that or "here I am!". Yea its weird that it just moves its arms out instead of actually lunging at the guy. Takes me out of the movie everytime which is so sad given how its first introduced upside down and stuff was real cool.

Women in Black had like 50 jump scares. Is this version drastically different?

almost all horror movies have jumpscares, I think when people are critical is when they think the movie has nothing else, no real atmosphere of horror, just sudden shocking moments with loud noise.

This movie is absolutely phenomenal until the very end. The finale of the film is so bad it retroactively makes the rest of it bad.

did get out have jump scares?

I saw this movie once but I don't remember it at all other than a scene where he goes to some old house and does paper work

I didn't watch Get Out, just didn't seem like my type of movie. Not saying it's bad or anything.

Nothing beats this for me. I felt like I was dying when I saw this scene

Attached: inlandempire.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

Comfy af. Victorian horror is my "pjs and cup of tea" genre.

I want to ____ that ghost in the _____.

Lol what the fuck is that pic?

And this one

Attached: 1562535907682.jpg (960x480, 37K)

Hold hands. Entrance of a restaurant while we wait for our table.

my bro says so. i'm a pansy so won't watch it.

>lynch is promoting his 18 year old movie
holy fuck why didnt he hire me to shill

Attached: 1563506298386.jpg (1024x512, 62K)

If it does, it's only a handful. Get Out isn't really a full blown horror.

I have never seen this movie, thought this was a joke post when he walked by the Jews and blacks, thought the user posting was very tame when the car started chasing them...

But now I'm still deeply unsettled by the thing in the backseat. What the fuck? Jesus christ.

I'm such a sucker for low budget but imaginative horror.

Attached: xtro.gif (500x269, 487K)

>accidentally hover over this
>instinctively close browser
jesus christ

Attached: 1555457971115.jpg (709x595, 156K)

Move children! Vamanos!
"It's behind!"

the whole movie is like that
the whole fucking movie

vimeo.com/38639965

Attached: halloween 3.jpg (477x268, 14K)

I audibly said wtf when I saw this.

Attached: 53B14A1B-0BDF-40EC-A7C4-F86F6BC87EE2.gif (235x330, 2.46M)

youtube.com/watch?v=O5e2wzjuwJQ

Attached: tumblr_miyq3vUwfu1qhdm9to3_500 (1).gif (500x200, 571K)

please no

>muh rake mungro
fuck off, movie was dogshit

>Jump scare done right. One of the few times.

Attached: soy-boy-png-4.png (640x600, 131K)

>fuck off, movie was dogshit
filtered

isnt the ending it was all a dream though?

lake mungo is one of those 4/10 movies that autistic underaged fags spam for months on 4channel.org/r/tv as if its good

its fucking d-tier, bye.

>lake mungo

That movie made me so mad. Partly because the entire movie has exactly one pay off (a really good one, but I don't think it was worth the time desu)

Mostly though, because of IRL, if I found out some supernatural nigger killed my little girl, I'd dedicate the rest of my life to finding my realities equivalent to Sam and Dean, Constantine, and Blade and convincing/bribing/begging them to destroy that supernatural nig and free the ghost of my girl.

Attached: 1546052307271.jpg (900x900, 59K)

based disposition tbqh user

Attached: pamposting2936-b.png (820x462, 484K)

I don't know why, but this scene really got to me when I saw it in the theater

youtube.com/watch?v=aIhnqkXWSR8

napoleon was tall for his time fucking moron, most men were like 4'11

>office posting
go back, zoomie

Normality is broken, expectations are shattered. Your lizardbrain doesn't understand, so dumps adrenaline and cortisol in your system to cope.

Pretty much every scene in this thread scared me. 10/10 thread.

What movie

The actress' reaction made this even better. She was fucking fantastic and nailed how a person is actually like when in real terror, the state of extreme fear. She doesn't get enough credit, many even think she was bad, what a fucking tragedy.

Shamalama is a meme director, but he did a pretty good job of that in Signs. Really gave me the willies

This scene got A LOT of people back in the day, user. I know it did for me and everyone I knew talked about 'that' scene.

surprised this hasn't been posted yet:

youtube.com/watch?v=tdEqXdMNhb8

Somehow that makes me feel better. Thought I was all tough and a seasoned horror fan, but somehow this creeped me out of all things

It's weird how the actual horror movie is less scary than shit like Signs or Mulholland Drive.

i think it's because signs isn't a horror movie. the fact that the horror takes a back seat to the normal daytime family drama gives it an uncanny yet realistic feeling

Yeah, the ordinariness and the realism of the way the TV anchor sets it up, and the way Joaqin reacts all make it super real. It hits so much harder that way because the suspension of disbelief is working so well

I took Signs to be a religious movie more than anything else honestly. It reminded me of other religious horror or drama movies

She was scared of Kubrick gonna give her the fat D if she fucked up the scene.

That scene in The Road at the cannibal mansion, they go into a dark basement where the cannibals are keeping dozens of people alive, chopping off their limbs one at a time to eat, then have to hide from the cannibals after they return. Later, after they escape they hear the cannibals chopping the limbs off another victim at night.

The only genuinely scary part of that movie. It was great.

agreed
it's pretty obvious it's a religious movie, at least to some degree. it's less directly about faith or christianity and more about the likelihood that coincidences are random or if there truly is a set path for each individual. the themes are more like what shrooms make you think about than reading the bible

I forget is this from lost highway?

This was really scary to me as an adolescent. I don't know why it has completely lost its effect on me.

Any scene without a jump scare, please exit the room at the earliest convenience

I edited that scene about 5 years ago to shoot away to the ayy lma odancing aliens, but my youtube got shut down so it's lost to time.

Attached: 8FC06B8B-461B-44CA-A29E-47116FE4ACB3.jpg (768x576, 55K)

Lake Mungo is still the one that had the most impact on me, currently.
But I think it's one of those things where I watched it at the right time in my life.
I think a lot of scenes might qualify as scary or terrifying but if we watch it at the wrong time in our lives it completely goes over our heads.
With Lake Mungo the first time I watched it that scene terrified me.
Between that time and now I experienced a significant loss in the family, so now the movie doesn't scare me it just makes me sad.
And as a result THAT scene has lost some of its impact.

YEE FUCK OUTTA HERE WHITE BOY

youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY

Kino

Attached: 654984613894613.jpg (1200x659, 97K)

>it's less directly about faith or christianity and more about the likelihood that coincidences are random or if there truly is a set path for each individual.
a very nice way to put it user, an almost universal religion I think
>the themes are more like what shrooms make you think about than reading the bible
This I will have to disagree with, I dont hate shrooms but the bible can be just as meaningful, I dont think the situation is so clear.

the bible is about as meaningful as elliot rodger's manifesto

dubs of truth

Yep, saw that first in the theater. Everybody, I mean EVERYBODY jumped, even me.

youtube.com/watch?v=PmNdhL9_nPM

amazing moment in a terrible movie
made me permanently scared of standing alone in open rooms with nothing happening.
being home alone with all the lights on and still terrified i'm just gonna see a figure standing in the distance with me.

Scared the crap outta me when I was a kid.

The Road is so fantastic.
Its such a bleak movie

Attached: the-road-film-660x330.jpg (660x330, 38K)

something about this board and always forgetting the true kino
youtube.com/watch?v=aUPq6X-Y1Kg

anybody ever seen Prince of Darkness?
youtube.com/watch?v=OGsv0pJemTY

Attached: princeofdarknessdream.jpg (600x255, 34K)

>if I found out some supernatural nigger killed my little girl
That's not what happened, retard

>Vámonos
Why is Joaquín Fénix talking in Spanish?

Prince of Darkness had some good scares
I really like the part where someone tries to leave the building, does so, and comes back with bugs crawling out of his body, warning everyone to hope they die

Literally shouted "OH, FUCK" out loud a little when seeing this for the first time. It is the only scary movie scene that ever got a verbal reaction out of me. Fuck lynch man

Deh!

The video transmission in John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness scared me so much it felt like I was on drugs and the cosmic carpet was being pulled out from under me. Lynch's MD scene ranks second.

This

>not the girl losing her shit as she gets jettisoned into deep space like cosmic dust trapped in a spacesuit in tiny little ball with no food or water

Attached: 1530257605933.jpg (191x191, 10K)

on the contrary this movie was retarded and not scary at all but the shot from 0:27-0:51 in isolation is uncanny and terrifying to me

the buildup and surrounding film naturalizes the existence of ghosts too much to the point where there is nothing left to the imagination. this shot would be better used in a david lynch sort of post-horror deal.

this is actually a really creepy film.

This scene was fucking terrifying when i saw it in theaters.

mulholland drive, man

scares the shit out of me every time

Attached: D_PVNJDU4AE6W34.jpg (933x816, 51K)

this isn't creepy at all out of context..

Think Michael Myers tugged relentlessly on his monster meat when this happened?

Lynch is the only film director ever to make me scared in general.

But making me scared of a corner of a wall was really something i didnty expect him to do

Honestly if i saw that damn thing in my living room , i'd stomp on it until it was a small brown stain.

lil nigga isnt scary bro

Is this a fingerbox or a film? If so, whats its name?

This is the correct answer

Mulholland Drive

Mulholland Drive

Nah it's the camera angle too. The scene is dull and safe, but you know something's potentially coming but you can't tell where from, it builds tension for no apparent reason

It's weird how despite the fact I almost find this laughable now, because it can't possibly surprise me after all my viewings, this is nonetheless still the only time in my entire life I panicked like I was actually going to die in real life while watching a movie

Can confirm. user, watcht he movie, it is kino and will leave you feeling weirded out for a long time. Not particularly scary and you wont hide behind your pillow, but oh boy with your mind be bent afterwards.

Nearly fucking leapt out of bed when I saw this and could have cried afterwards too. Fucking kino and /thread.

I haven't seen this film. Was that supposed to have an effect on me without context? The film looks really good, it's just this clip doesn't seem scary or unsettling to me at all.

yes and no. The build up to it makes it more creepy, but the movie is a montage of unexplained creepshow shit like this, building up to a general conclusion about what is really going on. There's nothing especial to learn here and he doesn't know the guy or or anything. I would watch the film though, all together its a rollercoaster.

>25
Fu*#ing furries

Grumpy taxidermy scene

Creepiest scene in a long time. Watching in middle of night with headphones and lights off and back to bedroom door was kino af.

Attached: 1558162663219.jpg (1920x1080, 105K)

watch the original house on haunted hill, alfred hitchcock does more with bad rubber skeletons than this piece of shit could ever hope to equal

The scene as described by the novel is 10x more horrifying.

oh it aint even alfred hitchcock, first time I saw it was a black and white horror marathon but I thought it was all hitchcock, now I feel like a pleb

sauce?

gerald's game

Completely forgot it's based on a Stephen King book. Gonna check it out.

cheers my african american

Lost Highway?

literally me jacking off to your mom

hot

youtube.com/watch?v=FDY43_tAZt0

I'm seriously convinced I could exorcise a ghost through total conviction to a fear boner

and I dont mean a boner but also fear, but a boner specifically kept erect through fear with no arousal at all, it would probably be a bit more difficult for me with a jap ghost because they're actually hot, I might struggle to keep the conviction and end up just making it into a regular rape incidentally involved with a ghost and that'd be my downfall cause without total fear I'd jizz and lose the power of my ghostbuster

*this scene also comes to mind as recent creepy kino

youtube.com/watch?v=rRuulhJ2ARQ

That bit at the very end of Blair Witch where the dude is just facing the corner is prety great.

Also the Lost Highway scene where the pale man makes him call his house and he answers the phone despite being in front of him.

Even though doppelgangers are my only irrational fear and the cellphone video did spook me, everything else in Lake Mungo was creepier.
Like when they accidentally see the neighbor who snuck into their house to look for his homemade porno. What the FUCK would you even say if you were looking at your own pictures then saw some nigga in the background peaking out of your room?
Then the implications of the final reveal is also fucked. The girl really is still in the house watching them and suffering even though the family thinks it's over. The family moved on, but the ghost can't.

I'm a pussy who can't even see Hereditary in broad daylight. Last "courageous" thing I did was watch Possum and The Witch, both during daytime. How do I cowboy the fuck up?

Attached: 1540360366591.png (534x558, 462K)

Learn to enjoy the fear. Realize that what you're feeling is the appropriate reaction to the film, and that those movies are deepening your appreciation for the sublime.

Neo-Yea Forums brainlets are too dumb for Kurosawa.

Attached: Retribution 02.jpg (970x630, 95K)

I pretty much feel zero fear when watching movies. You just need to remember that horror films are melodramas that rely primarily on spectacle. They're stories.

>only 300 iq geniuses like me can appreciate nip women with white makeup moving unnaturally

>dips

DYEL? That wasn't a dip.

It's the only piece of popular fiction to pull off the "he was in a purgatory all along" trope.

redpill me on kurosawa, which are his top 3 or 5 movies that is a criminal offense to not have seen yet?

Thinking about all the actors, sound and lighting people, makeup artists, and other production crew that worked to sell you a convincing story. And remember they're just regular people.

Yeah, but I don't like feeling scared...
I try, but still, it gets me. The sound, the images, the feeling at the back of my neck.

Attached: 1510299605092.jpg (500x415, 45K)

>I don't like feeling scared

Maybe you should try not watching horror films

This breaks the immersion, though.

Personally I watch horrors because they usually have an interesting mystery plot. Besides that, I love occult/supernatural themes. Adrenaline shots I get from scary moments are just a nice bonus.

The intro with the piano playing the background and his narration is kino. Bunker scene is a nice rest from the violence and depressing atmosphere.

Attached: kenny.gif (620x315, 2.97M)

Ikiru
Seven Samurai
Nip Macbet aka Throne of Blood
Yojimbo

Yeah, but otherwise I feel like a pussy. I'm trying to toughen up...
I've never liked occult/supernatural stuff, so there's that too. Well, that's not entirely true. I do like Gothic-Style stuff.

Attached: 1510252018473.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

Do heroin

Nigga if you don't like both horror themes and horror style (jump scares et al) why are you trying to force yourself into loving it?

Being immersed is just you lying to yourself and ignoring all the implausible bullshit that drives the movie. To be immersed is to be scared and you can't conquer the fear without being unimersed , so you have to choose.

You're just seeking attention, you don't really want to watch horror films, stop wasting our time and go watch ST3 again you massive queer

Are you guys memeing when you say this is scary?
I'm not even pretending to be a hardass, it's just not that scary. Very well done, but not scary.

Retribution, Cure, Tokyo Sonata (not horror), Charisma, Loft

He's a very hit and miss director. A few of his movies are just plain bad (Doppelganger, Seventh Code), but most of his supposed misses still have great aspects (Real, Pulse).

If all you saw was the final part of the scene, then I'd say no, it wouldn't hold much weight. You have to follow the scene from the time that the character is describing his dream to the therapist while in the diner. It's a masterful exercise in surrealism.

The tapes in Sinister.

youtube.com/watch?v=lLu9iYaAjPU

As someone with yellow fever, this gives me an idea. There should be a movie where a guy captures those jap ghosts and makes a whore house full of them for sex tourists. You wouldn't even have to pay them, it would be 100% profit.

I'm too scared to watch The Exorcist bros.

Attached: 1434752589921.jpg (232x197, 23K)

it's a great film. even without the horror stuff its a well put other movie. some of the effects are dated looking but the atmosphere is something else. I don't think i'd watch it alone.

Attached: always watching.jpg (720x576, 13K)

NUYAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Attached: BilboBagginsScaryFace.jpg (620x330, 47K)

Its such a meme at this point yet it's still true. I get shivers by looking at this. Even the picture alone has such an ominous quality.

Mulholland Drive is unparalleled. Prove me wrong. Please, please give me a movie which will provide the same sense of palpable unease that that film gave me. Please.

More 'spooky' than 'scary', I'd say.

It's fascinating how one short scene alone can basically carry an entire movie or rather how an entire movie can exist in service of one single scare, you can look at it both ways. It's also interesting how it keeps coming up on the internet but seems to be completely unknown to the general public.

I applaud your sense of paronomasia, good sir

Get AIDS, cocksucker.

There's one scene in the movie that is almost unbearable for me. For some reason the single most frightening image for me is a female figure lunging straight at someone like she is on rails. No walking, no floating. The line must be straight and the movement unnaturally swift and almost robotic.

this is a genuinely creepy scene. The whole movie gave me long lasting nightmares when i was a child

It's from Signs

based. i posted the cornfield scene which was the most creepy for me.

Yeah I left the light on in my room for a few days when I went to sleep because of Signs. Probably my favorite cinematic experience since I watched it on opening weekend (inb4 oldfag) and the entire audience was into it. Based af.

>dat pic
ill one up you but this one isnt even photoshoped

Attached: FUG.png (482x546, 357K)

Any horror movies with this feel?

fug i hope not (to scaredy)

Attached: human.jpg (750x748, 80K)

eraserhead was scarier desu

Seven Samurai is the obvious one you have to watch, the length of the movie made me not watch it for the longest time but it's worth it

She aged like wine.
Which movie is this?
Back in 2009, when I used to browse /x/ everyday to see if I lost my fear of spirits and shit - I haven't - I wached dozens of horror movies, all of them at night, with my guitar at hand. Anytime I felt scared, I'd play it a bit. I told this to one of my house mates. She'd usually come back home at 9pm. She said she could hear godly solos coming from my room.
I'm still afraid of them - now I'm married and all but, man, the hell I'm messing with ghosts - but I enjoy them (most movies are badly written, terribly acted and cliché-filled, but from time to time a good one comes up).

Attached: Cathedral Terra Overlord Konmari-sama.jpg (720x864, 40K)

This shit really fucked me up.

I've seen basically all his films, that nor anything else did it for me

The first time we meet Candyman and when Helen finds the severed dog head as the woman is screaming in the other room next to a bloody crib

HELEN

HEL
EN

youtube.com/watch?v=8hkLhMuzk3E

This was even better in my opinion

Attached: skelly.webm (700x379, 241K)

Too bad they never filmed/released (can't remember) the actual video of the crew eating and raping each other to death

>godly solos
she was lying u suck lmao
>this is ur housemate btw

Attached: not even shopped lmao.png (825x738, 1.12M)

This film was genuinely unnerving and depressing. Too bad 80% of it is just Sean Harris walking/running and looking uncomfortable.

Has there ever been a japanese horror scene that was actually scary to grown, white folks?

>muh scary girl! kawai!!!!

burn

Attached: f32QmvsL.gif (400x300, 3.97M)

oh no not this.

It wasn't a compliment. She was just stating that I was constantly scared. The solos part was just for comedic reasons.
And yeah, that's her.

is that supposed to be some drug related vision? what film?

Cure and this movie back to back is such a good watch

Kurosawa and that based japanese detective man are a golden combo

i cant stop thinking about fucking her mouth

why would they come to brazil? wouldnt the wet climate be really bad for them? or did they fall for the youtube comments?

Still have yet to see this movie

youtu.be/HS3mbigrd_0

>tfw no creepy japanese ghost gf

>And yeah, that's her.
shit nigga why you need to watch horror movies when you were living with this beast. wasnt life itself the horror movie?

Attached: 1555031215582.png (1178x1184, 1.85M)

What's this from? I know I've seen this, but can't remember.

Attached: orphan.jpg (900x506, 55K)

ok so if you dont mind me asking, just what in the fuck am i looking at?

What the fuck is wrong with her nose and eyes and everything else?

Attached: 1521711443666.jpg (485x219, 38K)

youtube.com/watch?v=IHrCseIH81w
its called a sisley

OH NO A GUY IN A WHITE SHIRT AND KHAKIS

Hmm I wonder why she is alive.

yep thats enough horror for me today

Attached: 1558859001731.jpg (480x418, 26K)

The actor did a good job expressing genuine fear, it's why it's such an impactful scene

Nothing a paper bag and a handle of vodka can't fix temporarily

Careful, I legitimately got a ban for posting the ending to Jacob's Ladder in a thread without spoilers once.
I had to come back five minutes later and post a lot of porn in retaliation for that one.

in the filename bud

wtf is she gonna do with some vodka and a paper bag?

It's a shitty movie overall with one or two decent scenes that have good atmosphere, but it's foreign so weebs and other retards hype it up for no fucking reason.

Xtro. You might remember that from this:

youtu.be/vcBkm1nOI5k?t=290

They held on that shot for a frame or two too long. You get too good a look at the Xeno, and the way it just kind of holds that pose, combined with the fingers wiggling make it cheesier than it's obviously supposed to be.

No, I saw it on tv a long time ago. Some channel used to show these semi-obscure horror movies at night.

i have that image saved as "MAMMY.jpg", because the alien looks like Al Jolson singing that song

Possum

Who didn't this one get?

Don't watch Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun video then

youtube.com/watch?v=UozhOo0Dt4o
One of the scariest scenes in any movie ever
I haven't even seen the rest of the movie I just know this scene

Attached: giphy (5).gif (480x270, 3.1M)

Fate killed your little girl, it was destiny physically manifested.

I miss this lil nigga like you wouldn't believe.

youtu.be/_LvUmxUqPTo
this freaked me out so much the first time i saw it

m.youtube.com/watch?v=um9rXGoMTv8
Can't pinpoint a particular scene as the whole atmosphere is unsettling

lake mungo is fucking absolute shit and was the last time i watched a horror movie sugested by you faggots. literally kys.

Eraserhead is more dreadful than scary to me. I got the feeling that is what Hell is like.

ISHYGYDIGGY

Attached: geary-the-lawyer.jpg (700x394, 42K)

It always bums me out reading people's reactions to that scene. I love the movie but I went in cold and that moment made no impression on me whatsoever. It was obvious that something would pop out and something did. I wish I could have gotten the reaction out of it that you did.

This, one of the few movies that actually bored me. By the "famous scene" I didn't care. And I normally love "boring" movies.
You probably blow livestock, since we're entertaining probabilities.