Cast it

cast it

Attached: 457548458458.jpg (180x279, 10K)

Who's playing Walter in the new Gunslinger series?

Why is Stephen King so good at writing spooky tunnel scenes?

Best book King will ever write.

M-O-O-N that spells nigger

Gary Sinise as Stu

The first half of this was great, bordering on classic literature. The second half sucked ass though. King in general can’t write good endings to save his life.

I was so blown away by how much of Walking Dead was just the first half of the Stand.

I’ve never read the book, but know the general plot.
The fuck is up with the cover art?

Attached: 228320C8-64D8-4781-9576-FC8DA75DA0F5.png (610x406, 509K)

whats wrong with the ending? the whole stu and tom winter stuff was really good

its metaphorical and doesnt actually happen. its just good vs evil imagery

Rob Lowe comes back as Nick since he's hardly aged.
Steve Carell as M-O-O-N.
Steve Carell in a wig as Randall Flag.

>Book 1
Some of King's best work.
>Book 2
Fine until it starts to focus on them living in the Free Zone, which just drags on for way too long.
>Book 3
One of the worst climaxes in any story ever, retarded even by King standards.

Good vs Evil metaphor

>blurred beer logo

Alright, cool. Way back when I saw the cover and roughly knew the plot, I thought it might be some cool anachronistic Dark Tower shit, but I do like the imagery, especially with the plague doctor.

I don't read trash so I wouldn't know. Not surprised Yea Forums plebs love this Reddit tier author.

Unfortunately, the birdman on the cover is not a taheen.

>interesting as fuck story about a nightmareish disease decimating most of the world
>*muh bible*
>Absolute shlock til the end
American writers were a mistake
If he wanted an "endgame" threat he should had used muh portals to lovecraft world like in the mist and make the disease have originated from that world's creatures or something, hell even aliens would have been better

never read the book but
Idris Elba as the guy in white
Paul Dano as the guy in black

here's your harold lauder

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 8.14.43 PM.png (1840x1266, 2.22M)

The cover art always intrigued me too for some reason. It still does, tbph.

>multiple King adaptations every year
>Still no Talisman, Insomnia, Tommyknockers (I like it and it could be good as a movie), Wind through Keyhole/Wizard and Glass

this is my favorite book of all time

Surprised nobody's pitched an Eye of the Dragon miniseries. Now's a good time for it.

Read better books

As always, plebs don't understand Book II or why it exists the way it does. And no I'm not going to sit here and spoonfeed you, you've been retarded this long I doubt it will change now.

Poor Talisman, Spielberg swooped up the rights to it before it was even published and it's been on his backburner ever since. All the crap he's done since I'm utterly shocked he hasn't found some place for it. Makes me think he might actually be keen on saving it for something he'd direct himself.

tommy knockers would be so cool as a movie

Uh oh, here comes a much better book about the post apocalypse!

Attached: 220px-Swan_song_cover.jpg (220x357, 33K)

Liking boring shit that bogs down the middle of an already bloated book doesn't make you look cool.

no

This was my first King story (this is 3 books). I liked the first book, liked the second book less, and didn't really like the third book. Then I started reading IT and it was exactly the same so I dropped it.

>the fat incel is tempted into evil by a goth gf
>he only gets to fuck her ass because she's saving that slit for her rockstar goth ldr
>he never gets his childhood crush even though he was a true hero to everyone
>is eventually hated by everybody and dies without ever having p in v sex

Poetry.

>And no I'm not going to sit here and spoonfeed you
this is typical of most who start throwing the word pleb around

This book blows

That was a crazy book. Was the cold war really still that scary in the 80's that they cranked out so much good nuclear horror?

>actually the part where action comes to a grinding halt for 300 pages is good, you just don’t get it
The only thing you “get” is that saying contrarian things “gets” you attention. Book II sucks and Book III’s ending is worse than It. King sucks.

King books drive me nuts. He will have like 150 pages of the best story I’ve ever read. Then add in an extra 400 pages of dumb bullshit and retarded characters that do nothing for the plot and are completely pointless.

This.

He either doesn't use a competent editor or he's just up his own ass. As a result The Myst is easily his best book.

>Tommyknockers
It was a movie? You don't know about it?

Attached: Tommyknockers.jpg (1500x1023, 805K)

That book is classic.

If you're interested, Robert R. McCammon writes a really good book series set during the 18th century centering around a traveling lawyer's apprentice named Matthew Corbett. It's part detective, part secret society/James Bond, with light pseudo-supernatural elements. First in the series is titled Speaks the Nightbird and deals with a woman accused of witchcraft.

Hes too far up his ass. The cut version of The Stand is much better than the uncut. The uncut has weird shit like The Elvis impersonator sodomizing the trash can man with a gun, it's just an uncomfortable scene that does nothing for the plot.