Disney not allowing Fox Rereleases

No more Die Hard screenings during Christmas time.

Attached: 089CEE9F-1AAB-4212-8789-1F63F60F4C1A.png (1242x2208, 615K)

The ATL will just put it on their screen on Wednesday; Sci-Fi Pint & Pizza Night. You don't pay to see the movie; You pay to eat fastfood and drink beers. The movie is "free." And because it is "free" they do not have to get legal rights to do it.

How many times do you need to see die hard? I mean it's an okay movie, but come the fuck on.

Not just Die Hard, any Fox film. I was just using an example of a popular rerelease.

Then just rent Die Hard at home during Christmas

>Disney says no Fox rereleases happening
>normies take the bait and suddenly demand Die Hard be shown on the big screen even though they wouldn't have gone anyway
>Disney agrees to put it out due to "popular demand" that they orchestrated
>annual Die Hard screening that everybody previously ignored is now a big deal
>people think they're "making a point" when they're just giving Disney more money
>the mouse laughs

I doubt it, it sounds like they're trying to Disney vault the Fox catalogue.

>No more Die Hard screenings during Christmas time
Based, maybe all the redditors will an hero now that they can't watch their fave """Christmas movie xDd"""

When is this disgusting monopoly going to be broken up. It is beyond the pale.

I'm guessing part of the deal is they still make money off that and Disney wont?

At what point is it considered a monopoly in this industry? It's a weird situation.

Imagine paying to watch a 30 year old movie. If you just can't go without that shit, get it at the library, don't fucking pay Disney for it.

Why would anyone go to the movie theater anyway?
Comfy home setup is where it's at.
Do you really need to see the newest releases a few months earlier so you can be a part of a group and post about it on the internet?
Let theaters die already.

Agreed

We're talking about old films dingus, seeing classics on the big screen is a great experience

Somebody needs to bomb Disney headquarters when all the top people are there having an important meeting. CIA/FBI/WHOEVER: I am not criminally insane and I at least wouldn't do the bombing myself out of self-interest because I don't want to go to prison. I'm only encouraging somebody else to do it, which is not a crime.

>watching at home is same as theater
peak zoomer

They are afraid that re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re...-release of it will still gross more than SW ep9 shitshow

The theatre experience offers something that sitting at your house just can't replicate. Particularly when you're going to see an older film which is bringing out people who love the movie. I saw the Thing over the winter and it was a great time.

>No more Die Hard screenings during Christmas time.
Good, it was never a Christmas movie in the first place.

lol dude are you serious you're making a fool of yourself right now implying we don't have DOZENS of Disney movies that would blow die hard out of the god dang water.

I could put captain marvel on tomorrow and I would get a 12 share and you're so stupid and so autistic that you think people would even miss fox movies? HAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT YOU'RE A RETARD!!!!!!!!!!

>Avatar 2 around the corner, lets rerelease Avatar 1 to refresh people's memories
>this could possibly take back the world record
> wait what, the mouse doesn't allow rereleases
>endgame will never be topped by avatar 1
fuck the mouse

Attached: 1561149072088.png (895x955, 591K)

This is 100% illegal and you’re an idiot for thinking this excuse would work if the copyright owners decided to pursue it.

Either case are both believable, either which way it ends with customers demanding more and Disney eventually giving it at a premium

Uhh those movies belong to Disney, if I see anyone doing this I'm contacting the authorities.

this.

According to Quora Disney shills having 50-60 percent market share of entertainment is "hardly a monopoly" for 1 company.

How recent was this new rule put into effect because I just watched Alien and Aliens at a local theater less than a week ago

For me, it’s Die Hard; the ultimate Christmas movie.

Wow you should unironically kys if you're being serious

and let's not forget that Disney movies are almost the only movies that actually make money at the box office and they completely dominate the screenings, so that's 50 percent market share of the top 1 percent of box office earnings more or less. Apparently, that's all good and well and antitrust laws don't apply here. Seems fair.

BUY DISNEY STREAMING CONSUMER.

Yeaaaah. That's not how it works, at all.

Please. Jim would never stand for it.

Fox also made The Rocky Horror Picture Show, which is the single film with the longest theatrical run which has been playing from 1975 to this very day.
I'm worried that Disney will put an end to screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Nah. It's faggy enough that they're making an exception for it, says so in the OP.

Good.

in long beach theres a theater that shows it EVERY saturday at midnight

Why does Disney hate fun so much? This is worse than when they said they didn’t want players dismembering with lightsabers in Star Wars video games.

>Disney literally bought thousands of IP just to hold them hostage and not do anything with them

>monopoly bad
>stop being sucessful it's not fair

based

rep houses?

Yes Disney is a shining example of pure capitalism that rose to the top with a perfect product and has never relied on legal trickery or other means to maintain its dominance

>rule of Law is 'trickery'

Cinemas that only show old films, they're usually tiny little privately owned places

>only gay tranny shit is an exception
Does this mean you can still do Die Hard fundraisers though? I guess that counts as non-profit.

>manipulating the law with your practically infinite amount of money isn't trickery

Based Jews.

>Bribery is 'rule of law'

Rocky Horror is okay because fags and trannies love that shit

>ow ow stop using your superiority why won't fight fair

>Walk into Local Kinoplex
>Was going to see Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters
>Check out Customer service desk
>They show odd movies every now and then on a little board
>Kinoplex was showing Die Hard, Die Hard 2, Die Hard WaV, and the new release at the time Die Hard 4 all for $35 as a special
>Didn't even want to see 4 but fuck it that's a great fucking deal
>Had nothing to do at the time so buy a ticket
>Figure it was gonna be a shitty small screen
>FUCK NO!
>FUCK YEA BIG ASS SCREEN BABY!
>Only screen bigger was the IMAX screen
>Got large popcorn and Large soda combo and prepared for best movie experience ever
>Got free refills all day since shift change meant they didn't recognize me
>MFW got to see the best 3 Die hard movies on a gigantic fucking screen in 1 day

Attached: not today.jpg (650x456, 31K)

sneed

did you still see Aqua Teen kino?

Yea, this was a month or so before Die Hard 4. They just had it as a "upcoming feature special" or something like that.
Also:
>Before movie starts
>Mom brings in kids to watch movie
>No more than 8 yo
>Snack intro starts
>Kids are fucking laughing like kids do
>Not loud though so it was acceptable
>Song over
>Mom takes kids out
>Can hear her yelling at kids saying this is too grown up for them
>Someone in crowd yells
>"Quit being a pussy and let them stay"
>Mom yells and hear door slam
>We all laugh
>After that everyone is fucking silent except for laughter

Based just because it fucks over those annoying ass cameronfags on this board

Oh thank goodness. Hopefully my small theater is okay then.

To cum on girls

Such a shame.
I was really hoping for an Avatar re-release before the first one.

Also, I really wished for an IMAX re-release of The Sound of Music.
That would be great.

*Avatar re-release before Avatar 2