Why can't I find something I like on here?

Why can't I find something I like on here?

I signed up for the free trial of the streaming service and have been marathoning as much as I can. I've seen almost all of Kurosawa's works, only liked Yojimbo but I knew that already. I watched Le Samourai and Sword of Doom today but wasn't feeling either.

Tomorrow I'm going to watch the Blue, White, Red colors trilogy. What else should I try?

Attached: criterion-covers.jpg (780x739, 229K)

Watch some Polanski

Name some films that you like.

it sounds like you just don't like movies, bro
play video games

have you tried not being a fucking pleb? Watch some Erice

I'm not even remotely surprised that someone braindead enough to pay for a Criterion streaming service is this plebeian

Oh besides Yojimbo I did also like Harakiri very much.

Other films I like are Cinema Paradiso, Sword of the Stranger, A Fistful of Dollars, Hot Fuzz, and Die Hard.

>pay for
>free trial

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 6K)

>A Fistful of Dollars
This one is easy. Watch the rest of the Dollars Trilogy and Sergio Leone's Once Upon A Time In The West

It's not that I don't appreciate them for their history, or aesthetics, or filmography.

It's just that I'm having trouble finding things I like to the point where I'd want to own a copy

I you want more Japanese cinema, check out High and Low, Woman In The Dunes and An Autumn Afternoon,

Also, he's not on Criterion (I think), but the films of Takeshi Kitano sound perfect for you.

>Takeshi Kitano

Shit I didn't know he directed too. I've seen his version of Zatoichi and it wasn't too bad. Otherwise I just knew him from Takeshi's Castle. Thanks for the recommend.

Anyone knows when it's coming to Europe or if it will at all? I'd rather not use a vpn

My man, you are going to love Sonatine. Rip that shit from a Russian torrent site if you have to.

Attached: sonatine-1993-001-suicide-revolver-00m-wgy-1000x750.jpg (1000x750, 197K)

I'll watch it tomorrow somewhere between or after the colors trilogy.

Fair enough, do you use Letterboxd?

How much is the subscription?

No, I'm an oldfag who barely understands Facebook, social media just isn't my thing.

Ah, no worries, it's not really social media, but it's a good site to track everything that you've seen/want to see. It's pretty useful if you want to get deeper into film.

(well, it has a social media element which can be ignored, is what i mean)

You'd probably like Mubi better