Can we finally admit that True Detective season 2 was a hilarious parody of edgy neo-noir crime thrillers in the same...

Can we finally admit that True Detective season 2 was a hilarious parody of edgy neo-noir crime thrillers in the same line as Inherent Vice, Twin Peaks, and The Big Lebowski? People complained it took itself too seriously and ended up being silly at points, but it's obvious they knew they were being silly.

Attached: True_Detective_Season_2_poster.jpg (2000x2963, 1.33M)

>i-its a parody guise! It was meant to be shit

No, I loved it when it first aired and hold it in the same high regard as S1. S1 had a small band of people who found light at the end of the tunnel. S2 had a cast of characters each of whom failed to triumph over darkness in the end. I found it a nice partner series to S1. I also loved Vince and Colin in it. Haven't seen S3.

S1 = S2 > S3

It had so many good elements, but the overall product is meh. Vince Vaughn's character had some great lines and Colin Farrel gave a good performance.

It wasnt until I rewatched it for the first time before S3 started that I actually appreciated it way more than I did the first time round. First time I watched it I rated it a 5/10 but I think its easily a 7.5/10 now

it's great as is and would be worse if it was supposed to be a parody

Ideas for future seasons?

Attached: zrm3wLy.jpg (687x794, 418K)

Attached: 5rnGU6A.jpg (1225x806, 789K)

It's fucking terrible and you know it

Attached: garbage.jpg (1280x720, 185K)

Attached: xSO7efB.jpg (615x699, 260K)

>hilarious parody of edgy neo-noir crime thrillers in the same line as Inherent Vice
You and I both know that inherent vice was utter garbage that attempted to mimic classic Altman genre deconstruction but even failed at that. True detective s2 was an above average TV drama series but compared to s1 it was shit. Season 3 was so laughably bad, which is baffling because you'd think they would have tried to increase the quality instead of making it even worse

S3 was great with the memory loss stuff but the crime they were following really sucked. It had potential at the start and then lost its way in the middle. The only interesting stuff was seeing how the case ruined or irrevocably changed the MC's life

Attached: 6fVAXC4.jpg (1337x961, 395K)

i'd like to see something set in the pacific northwest or southwest
i think something with a gang, organization, militia or any kind of group would be cool

Pizzolatto is too narcissistic for parody. The only explanation that possibly elevates it from shit-tier is that Buddhist death journey version, but I'm not sure I buy that.

Hollywood Satan worshippers.

Bad James Ellroy pastiche, bordering on outright plagarism. Pizzalatta's retrospective cope (g-guys, you don't get it, THEY WERE ALL DEAD ALL ALONG, MUH BARDO) was fucking shameless. McAdams ass webums and Vinceposting are its legacy. Which is more than can be said for S3, I guess.

bumpp

Move aside, top Yea Forums coming through

Attached: true.png (1336x794, 892K)

>S3 doesn't have any cool action set piece like the ghetto long take or urban shootout
>S3 doesn't have any pulpy and edgy fun aspects like how over the top Rusts nihilism is or how the S2 squad all gets try hard metaphorical deaths
>S3 doesn't have any memorable villain like green ears man and the spooky bird mask man
>S3 doesn't even have a strong recognizable pulpy conspiracy framework like the Lovecraft+pedo ring or LA noir/Ellroy+EWS sex ring
No action, no cool characters, no interesting visual moments, no takes on strong mystery tropes, no atmosphere, no villains... What does S3 even have going for it? Muh Alzeihmer, muh racial tensions? It's just a tired rehash of S1 without any of the things that made it stand out from generic boomer detective stories. S2 is kino.

S3 doesn't even have any memes

>no interesting visual moments
when all of those viet cong come out of the shadows as he looks out the window was fucking rad

vump

F A T
A
T

P U S S Y
U
S
S
Y

it was terrible, just accept it

You calling it hilarious is offensive, let's just call it a pleb filter

2>I know a guy who took a shit> 1...…>I saw a guy once take a shit >3

ill spare you its mess. 3 ends with a massive black cock shattering a window panel and a clown honking its nose. credits.

TALKIN BOUT DEM KEEDZ

black people are a literal meme. the whole show is a massive meme.

No women please

If I ever see Nick Pizzalottery I am going to kick him right in the nuts for that cock tease of an ending to Season 3. The reveal of there being no conspiracy pretty much makes the entire season pointless.

kurt russel, james woods, john belushi. make it about sex drugs and magic cults.

I'M GONNA THINK IT

Attached: 199736619.jpg (1200x660, 98K)

sorry, I meant jim. if you've seen him in SALVADOR youll know hes a capable actor.

I spent my entire life SEETHING at Jim Belushi having a career in acting until Twin Peaks: The Return. He was great in that and now I don't mind seeing him in other things.

It was never as bad as people made it out to be.
But meme Season 1 was too soon and people love(d) to hate on Colin Farrell shit.

This.

2 > 1 >>>>>>>>>>> 3
and to think contrarians were non stop defending season 3 for a bit.
the whole stir some shit up scene was one of the best thing pizza ever wrote and was the peak of the season, it's a shame there's like 4 more hours after it.

Nobody shits on Colin Farrell anymore. I think it's generally accepted that he's a very good actor who is terrible at choosing projects. However, people absolutely shit on Vince Vaughn's performance in Season 2. Vince is a good actor, so I blame Pizzaman's cringe dialog.

I liked Season 3 until the HORRIBLE last episode.

nah it was kino

watch SALVADOR with him and James Woods. Every scene with Belushi was a joy to watch.

Season 1 > POWER GAP > Season 2 > POWER GAP > Season 3

Season 3 was shit and the ratings were atrocious. I wouldn't be surprised if HBO passes on another season. It's obvious that Pizzalad hates his audience.

Ray's entire arc was unprocessed Kino.

"I welcome Judgement."

Why was Ray's dialogue so good, but Frank's was so cringe?

>I believe... We get the word we deserve

> If you ever bully or hurt anybody again, I'll come back and butt fuck your father with your mom's headless corpse on this goddamn lawn.
Jesus, Pizzalatte.

I heard that Raimi did some uncredited script revisions.

S2 had an amazing shoot out scene and Colin Farrel was great but S1 is still better

Should I bother with the 3th season?

I don't think they knew...the dialogue was pretty cringe. It had its moments, I'm thinking about rewatching it soon. I will say this, I found the finale a lot more satisfying than the first season which in my opinion really dropped the ball.

worth it to say you saw it, and there are some enjoyable scenes, specifically rolands
go in knowing you WILL be disappointed when it's all over so it doesn't hurt as much

Attached: stephen-doff-true-detective.jpg (650x422, 126K)

S2 was pretty fucking kino. Underrated because S1 was so damn good, it was hard to top.
S3 was shit and I think looking back now we can all agree

S3 had a comfy mood and even great episodes, it was just anti climactic as fuck

Season 2 was pretty good. Velcro is one of the most relatable characters on TV.

2 was great.
Ending ruines it.
So it turned out good overall.
>we're gonna stick it to the corrupt guys right after we are done running away!
Subverted my expectations for a good ending!

I liked some of the cinematography and enjoyed Colin Farrell. I could smell the booze, cigs, and BO weeping from his skin through the TV.

Everything else sucked.