Second season when?

Second season when?

Also discuss

Attached: TOTDYCover-1557511203-640x640.jpg (640x640, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jCZB6mvI_Z0
youtube.com/watch?v=df5eGlr3WsM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JzSsHvj3vi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

I'm trying but I can't recall a single likable character.

Viggo

Im a diehard Refn defender. I loved Only god forgives. That being said, TOTDY was... trash. There were some incredibly memorable scenes, characters and performances, but it was simply lacking in overall story arc and protagonist. Teller was an uninspiring, or frankly boring character with 0 redeeming traits. He wasnt likable and his background wasnt explored at all. The Mexican gaylord was a great character, but again, his motivations was unclear. Sure, he avenged his mother, but we dont know why and we dont know what happened or why it was relevant to avenge her.

Lastly Ill add that the reason I went from "meh" to "holy shit this is filth" was the last episode. Ive rarely been so disappointed in a director before.

Unfortunately there most likely won't be a second season; Refn said it was a one and done thing. It's sad because there's so many directions they could take the story. It's got such a pre-apocalyptic vibe to it they could go balls to the wall post-apoc if they wanted to. Think the evolution of the Mad Max series.

It started good but then in the last episodes it drops
Expecially you know, when THAT happens in episode 8

death to all white men
death to trump

this , Viggo and Diana are really wholesome characters

Actually most of the people who dies are latino men

*which sounds like a stupid idea but I'm just saying there's a lot they can do with the series and I'm sad it's one and done

shame, really

There's a shit ton of things never explained, it doesn't make sense that there will be only a season

>Second season when?

It's confirmed not happening.

Because there isn't

Any good analysis on internet?

>we will never see a TOTDY season 2 where America looks like Mexico, as Jesus predicted

Martin

All that build up for nothing

>likable

>can't relate to this level of pleb

Go back to the MCU.

>it was simply lacking in overall story arc

You were watching Odin, Shiva and Tlaltecuhtli bickering over the Earth's future. That's your starting point.

Attached: 1492262242419.png (325x381, 232K)

Viggo, Death Priestess, Martin's boss.

Considering Prime isn't even advertising this, so the only way to find it is to type in the title, it won't be watched by normies at all, none of my normie friends have even heard of it. Plus Refn said if there was a second season it would be anthology and have none of the same characters anyway

Death Priestess is the worst character ever put on screen holy fucking shit what a cringe inducing character she was.

This series was probably the worst case I've ever seen of a director being so far up his own ass he can't even see what he's doing any more.
I started off hating it, but ended up actually liking it in a lot of ways. It had a style to it that I started to enjoy almost BECAUSE of how pretentious it was. I even liked the stupid posing scenes he kept including. It was one of those things that was so
>look how much of a fucking artist I am you pleb
I started to actually like it, because it made me laugh.

The problem was this dipshit decided not to have any kind of coherent plot. It was okay for about 7 episodes, then refn decided to make the mexican guy be a buttfucking crossdressing weirdo for absolutely no reason. Okay, whatever I'm fine with that but then he compounded that shit by just ending it with zero resolution to any arcs, or any plot threads he built up earlier. The thing just . . . stopped. It was a giant, unsatisfying shit.

That's not how you fucking tell a story Refn.

It is you who is the cringe.
>cool jacket
>kills rapists, human traffickers, and Nazi larpers
>mommy roleplay, dom

BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING

PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB

She looks exactly like what would come out if you asked an edgy 13 year old to imagine a "badass girl character".

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.8-3.webm (1926x1040, 2.98M)

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.8-1.webm (1926x1040, 3M)

Where's my cum gagging and sodomy webms, m8?

are you sure you're on the right channel?

Hot

>Second
It was fucking shit
Episode 5 was gold. Right up there with Drive

Filtered?

>The problem was this dipshit decided not to have any kind of coherent plot.

Here's the plot:
Shiva (Diana) and Odin (Viggo) are collaborating to stave off Armageddon by cleaning up the evil in the world, but Viggo is dying. They attempt to recruit Martin as Viggo's replacement, but this nearly kills Viggo, as Martin is tainted by evil himself. Martin may be a failed Christ figure, but that's debatable (wound in the side, dies after three days of suffering). Meanwhile, the Priestess, an Aztec goddess of destruction, is working to the opposite ends...accelerating the world's end. She kills Martin, thwarting Diana and Viggo's efforts, and Diana turns Viggo loose before launching into Shiva's dance of destruction (pay attention to her monologue in the last episode). The Priestess ends the show by initiating a cartel war on the border, which, given the present political climate (hinted at by the right-wing cops in Martin's precinct) will spiral into a deadly conflict affecting the entire world by its effect on the US elections and its policy (Trump reference...sorry if that's not your politics, but that's the story).

Attached: 1280875972222.jpg (300x400, 46K)

I'm still pissed off that spic got away with everything

it was fucked from the beginning with the stupid reddit actor

My heart broke at the end of episode 8. I normally hate Teller but I really like him in this series

Episode 8 was hardcore. 3 major deaths

>watched it the moment it released on Prime
>thought it was pretty good overall, being a fan of Refn I may be slightly biased
>tell my normie friends at work about it, they all look at me like some fucking weirdo
>some stacy at work tells the colleagues about TOTDY, they all jump in saying how fucking awesome it is
>rage in silence
Please help me in explaining this situation. Do they do this just to get into someone's pants? Do hot girls say they like something like TOTDY just to seem more interesting toward male suitors? Does anyone anymore just like things just because they do?

Most kino scene in tv this year m.youtube.com/watch?v=jCZB6mvI_Z0

There's no way they all liked this show. I honestly can't see a bunch of normies loving Refn be autistic for 10 episodes

It was a kino action scene that the audience needed

This episode was 9/10, everything else was 6/10

So what's the deal with the girl?
Why was she a perfect prodigy? What about her annoying father? Best part was then they got killed

OH MANDY!!

Only good episode. Everything else was fucking shit.

Episode was 9.5
Show was 3.5

Martin was tainted by evil, despoiling her purity and potential, and ending her life pointlessly, even as they fantasized about escaping to Montana.

How can someone write something so kino and inspiring but then give us a bunch of horseshit like those cringe fascism scenes that had no subtlety

Martin and his co-workers (the detectives in homicide)

But wasn't Jesus tainted by evil? I mean, his men were stil raping women and doing drugs

Every scene in the police station was a pleb filter and hilarious. I'm fairly sure the whole show is a pleb filter

I liked Martin but Refn meant to make them evil and the Hispanics good

You thought the "lock her up" fascists trump supporters were pleb filter? Seemed as bad as some of the crap we get from the Oscar's imo

Well Refn fucked up. Martin was a bad dude but redeemed himself, Jesus was a prick

amazon prima treated the show like a leper, so no second season. refn next project will be something very cheap and small, he wasted his career post drive.

Yaritza was the only "good" mexican.

But why did she stay with Jesus and the evil Hispanics

an amazon series is the definition of cheap and small. if he wanted big he would've released another feature film, you dumb fucking zoomer.

>TOTDY was... trash
>boring character with 0 redeeming traits

Attached: 1396891646204.jpg (400x300, 29K)

24 hours until the next Amazon prime kino

Then why the fuck was this advertised as season 1? just call it a miniseries god damn

by being a crazy bitch who just kills dudes in a bar who are there enjoying a beer?

It was never called season 1

Imagine being this retarded. It was never advertised as "season 1".

Attached: based jesus.png (1919x935, 1.71M)

I watched this and I can't even remember who Viggo is.

Attached: vigilante feels.png (1864x2760, 2.67M)

She has complete control over Jesus, because at his core, he's a simpering mama's boy she sexually dominates. She needs to trigger a cartel war to touch off Armageddon, and he's the perfect tool.

This series was pretty much a Kino version of American Gods, without all the hamfistedness and blatant symbology.

Attached: 1495234712419.jpg (377x500, 65K)

>queefing

google it up you niggers, everywhere the show is described as "tv series" "tv show" or some shit, never actually calling it a miniseries

actually nvm, I'm just finding out sources that call it a miniseries. Sorry anons I actually love y'all xoxo

Imbd and Google fuck up sometimes, besides Refn calls it a 13 hour movie. You probably did read it advertised as S1

apologize for calling us the n-word, that was unnecessary!

It's Refn's greatest work and I can't see it being topped. I just wish there was a blu-ray release

This is what peak smug looks like

Attached: smug.png (1631x871, 1.01M)

and this shit wont be coming back not even if the next season is done socks with puppets and recorded with a webcam.

fucking deal with it, cock sucker.

Last episode legit took me a week to get through so hopefully never.

She's like a spic Olivia Thrilby and here's why that's a good thing

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.4-41.webm (978x982, 2.97M)

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.6-1.webm (1926x1040, 2.93M)

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.10-1.webm (886x690, 2.99M)

Is this a feminist song?

>You were watching Odin, Shiva and Tlaltecuhtli bickering over the Earth's future. That's your starting point.

What?
checkd

Why didn't refn make this more graphic. WHY

Best tv kino since twin peaks season 3

She was kulling cartel members that were trafficking women.

whats a feminist song?

youtube.com/watch?v=df5eGlr3WsM

>tfw no webm of Alfonso dancing

episode #? which one is Alfonso?

Wish I had some buddies I could do this with.

Attached: 1472644424019.gif (400x250, 1.51M)

Episode 8, about 55 minutes in.

won't happen. Amazon wasn't too happy with the show and refused to promote it on their platform.

Lol whatever. She just gakked dudes in a bar. Hell I've been to strip clubs, I guess I deserve to die for human trafficking right?

Refn is overrated as fuck but this show was amazing.

Blah blah when people love or hate something blah blah it's truly art

They were the main coyotes you dumb cunt. She was a liberator.

Attached: ColtisMyPassport1967.813727_042420181037.jpg (3500x2280, 996K)

I want her to dominate me.

>tfw no season 2 where Martin comes back to life to save the world from the apocalypse by killing Mexicans.

What the fuck, Amazon?!

Marty's partner, obviously.

Lol no, nigger

Yeah, dudes that were involved in sex trafficking.

Viggo and Damian.

Damian was a rat

UP MY SLEEVES
UP MY SLEEVES
UP MY SLEEVES

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.8-4.webm (1926x1040, 2.98M)

Amazon didn't promote it because the head of content who initially signed the deal with Refn was replaced by someone new by the time the series had completed production. At that point, Amazon's content prerogative had switched to only seek out family-friendly fare. Amazon didn't want to release the series because of the sexual and violent content, but were contractually obligated to so they dumped it out with no promotion or fanfare. Plan B was to release the whole thing on Refn's streaming platform byNWR or to edit it to Amazon's liking but take Refn's name off it.

Source: my dad works for Nintendo

What did Refn mean by it

I liked Martin desu

My heart breaks seeing this scene. They're basically celebrating that they defeated Martin

Tribute m.youtube.com/watch?v=JzSsHvj3vi8

You make God sad when you behave like this, user