Best superhero movie since TDKR

>best superhero movie since TDKR
>Yea Forums hates it because they got baited by the trailer and MJ isn't white
Is this board ever right about anything?

Attached: Spider-Man-Far-From-Home-.jpg (1000x1036, 354K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0386224/episodes?season=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wrong image OP

Attached: D1Z7df1VAAAbL7z.jpg (810x1200, 175K)

Generic marvel flick
Boring

there's not really much to shitpost about, it was decent.

bland boring crap

FUCK OFF
its another capeshit movie and isnt even a good one. They continue to butcher the character of Spiderman and his supporting cast but I should eat it up regardless because its marvel and keeps the soi fags entertained

Literally the worst Spider-Man movie so far.
Even worse than Amazing Spider-Man 2.
The “twists” were stupid and the overall plot was stupid. All the jokes were stupid. Only good part was the minute long after-credits scene.

You can't shitpost based on the trailer, it's nothing like the movie. Good effort though.

Movie is fine, Mysterio is kino

can you shove your man-baby capeshit up your ass??

>since TDKR
who cares?

granted the actual film is better than the trailer, being slightly better than god awful shit doesn't make it good

>is a better spiderman story

Attached: 754765486538.jpg (379x460, 36K)

you have the taste of an ignorant child.

>2019... I am forgotten

MJ being a completely different character doesn't bother me, it endears me to her. Being a different race is incidental and non-problamatory because I like her character.

I was just bored by a lot of the "fights." Maybe it was the PG-13 thing, but nothing seemed to have weight. The only good scene was Spider-Man goin' all Samurai Jack and fighting with his eyes closed.

>I was just bored by a lot of the "fights."
pre twist it was deliberate, they were making the CGI just look passable to pretty good so they could make it look great later (budgets aren't seemingly infinite except for the last avengers movies). Granted the monsters didn't really look bad, just bland as hell, which adds to the twist. If you think the post twist AR fights were bad you're a brainlet.

What kind of shrooms do you need to ingest to think FFH is anywhere in the "best" category. It's nowhere near a Batman film. Spiderverse just came out and shits on it. Shazam, for all its mediocrity, is better than it. Infinity War and the boring ass Endgame are better than it. FFH is fucking awful shit, and the innumerable callbacks to try and symbolically prep Spidey as the new Avengers lead were fucking stupid.

I don’t want to see it because it looks like it doesn’t even showcase Europe as a setting

Woah what happened, for a while I thought I was the only one of Yea Forums that didn't enjoy this movie. I guess the shills have mved onto their next product

>someone will the claim the CGI was bad on purpose

Wasn't even as good as homecoming

SHIT NEXT TO ..GODS

But TDKR wasn't even very good

I don't like this spiderman. Peter is like a different person under the mask. Like a really extrovert person but in the movie he is shy when being interviewed. Also, shit like he saying he does not want to be spiderman would not happen if he had Uncle Ben.

I thought it was pretty funny. Reminded me a lot of highschool crush scenarios. Plus it didn't get political which I was expecting for some reason. JG as mysterio was pretty great, although I was expecting him to have actual powers like in the comics.

imdb.com/title/tt0386224/episodes?season=1

TDKR was an awful film though? Even normies agree with that now.

BASED! SHAZAM!!!

>what is Logan

Was it ever explained how tony built a satellite that contained lethal drones that granted him the ability to target anyone and pick off whoever he arbitrarily deemed a threat?
Is that not basically the same type of thing Cap n crew literally fought to stop shield/hydra from having with project insight?

that's your shitshow

Shazam was the spiritual successor to the Raimi Spider-Man films in tone and style. Really refreshing film that did something new. Easily the best capeshit film in years.

Don't feel like watching anytime soon but what are the twists?

Yea Forums doesn’t hate it, it’s just some Raimifags and deranged ((Morales)) shills who never seem able to report on it accurately anyway.

Stfu bitch, it’s actually one of the best Spider-Man films made. You’re soulless.

>trailer makes it look like Spiderman will be fighting 3 villains (water and fire guy then mysterio)
>nope he actually doesn't fight anyone at all
How did he even fight the holograms? Was he swinging real rocks at holograms that somehow broke the rocks or was he swinging holographic rocks (rubble) at more holograms? How was that programmed when he didn't even know spider man would show up?

Attached: MV5BY2Y4NjBmODItNmVlNS00ZTg1LWFkMTctMWM4YThkYmQ1MjA1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_UY1200_CR751,0, (630x1200, 49K)

>ends with a big half hour cgi fight with a billion drones over the destruction of a city

Wow! I haven't seen THAT in a Marve-....zzzzzzzz

>>best superhero movie since TDKR
But TDKR was wall-to-wall horseshit

It also was a family film instead of putting on faux grit for basedboys, and thus had actual jokes instead of just quips.

>TDKR
>'good'

bait.

Where can I find post-credits scenes online? I left ASAP because the AC didn't work and the theater was a fucking sauna and these scenes are usually trash, but apparently I missed the one fucking time where they're relevant to the movie

Literally everyone with a brain called Mysterio was bad.

Only retards thought otherwise.

It was a shitty rehash of the first movie.

BwaHahaHaha!

No one here saw this movie

Holy shit...
shills are going to find a way to justify this anyways. "That was the point"

Even though it looked like Mysterio was a bad guy in the trailer, he is actually a bad guy in the movie.
The twist is that s man doesn't have to kill an elemental creature because they're holograms/drones.

Exactly my thoughts, I really liked that they played up the teen drama for once, it was missing from the original trilogy and the asm films somewhat

it's also basically what he learned not to do in Iron Man 3

N

This

I assume the effects can be interacted with just like a video game can. That shouldn't be too hard for the team Jake assembled. And the rock must have been shot down by a drone.

This film is dreadful on multiple levels. First and foremost what bothers me is the setting of highschool and the fetishsation of youth. Children dislike super-heroes their own age and need adult figures to aspire towards.

Secondly, in this film Peter Parker rarely carries heroic actions, and when he does, not much time is spent on stressing his heroic character. The sole function of the Hero is to carry out selfless acts of sacrifice - and this occurs rarely. Rather than encouraging young men to aspire to heroism, it caters to their incel inclinations. The first half of the film takes on the direction of a banal romcom (albeit this plot is more entertaining than the interplay between mysterio & spiderman)

Finally, the film dates itself in the late 2010's through it's references to miltiary drones, fake news, and the post modern villain of mysterio. Mysterio is a character who (justifiably) feels resentment towards Tony Stark's success on the back of his stolen ideas. He seeks material gain. He also more importantly seeks vengeance. I'd be more sympathetic towards this if his character was hinted to be fraud at the very start, but this isn't the case. We're haphazardly unloaded all of the main villain's motivation half way through the film without any prior emotional investment and build up.

Going back to the modern themes in the film. the dialogue, the deliberate inclusion of fantastical smart phone technology, Alex Jones references etc. irreducibly places the time in late 2010's. This starkly contrasts with Raimi's timeless perception of New York. I think people will come back to Spider Man 2 decades from now and recognise the potency of the christ metaphors and the beauty of instilling virtues of responsibility and sacrifice. Spider- Man Far from Home completely lacks this. It is trendy and hip but is devoid of substance.

Forgettable throwaway film but Zendaya was cute

Stfu faggot.

>spider-man in CW is confident enough to talk down to cap and his team but does it awkwardly
>spider-man in HC would fake a gruff NY accent on the elevator scene
>spider-man in IW stands up for himself in front of strange and gaurdians
>Spider-man in FFH can't give a speech in front of an audience and sounds like a child

Nah they killed the character. 3 movies he was a teenager with powers and was growing. They made him a baby and then later an idiot.

Attached: 1563721170975.jpg (512x512, 14K)

Infinity War was better but Spidey was still top tier.
Yea Forumsis always wrong though, I think TFA broke this board to its core.
>Spider-man in FFH can't give a speech in front of an audience
Because Tony died like a month beforehand and he was still fucked up from it. They were asking him about Avengers shit but he was having a PTSD episode.

I went into this movie thinking HAPPY HAPPY FUN TIME even though I was bored after the last AVengers but it was actually pretty good, even the romance with the split-second kisses was cute, and then fight-into-train scene was a little kino too
one of the better MCU movies, somehow

take care all .. :)

what went wrong?

Attached: dabzam.jpg (648x480, 131K)

>Shazam was the spiritual successor to the Raimi Spider-Man films in tone and style.
100% agree. Wonder Woman was also really good.

>Finally, the film dates itself in the late 2010's through it's references to miltiary drones, fake news, and the post modern villain of mysterio.
Guys, we've got somebody from the future on our hands!

You mean Spider-Verse.

Different moment at the same setting. Before the press surrounds him, when he's just on stage and he's acting like peter and not the spider-man persona he's been forming. In the press moment he actually kind of acts like spider-man. In most of FFH he is more like a kid and less like a teenager. Also him randomly getting a crush on michelle was dumb when it was obviously the other way around in HC.

I LOVE YOU TOM HOLLAND!
I LOVE YOU TY SIMPKINS!

Asher Angel and Jack Dylan Grazer are so handsome.